Saga.co.uk

Trustpilot
4.6 / 5
Reviews.io
3.8 / 5

Saga.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Saga.co.uk ranks 43rd among Home Insurance sites.

How would you rate Saga.co.uk?

“A SORRY SAGA!”

Christopher J.
8/2/21

A CAUTIONARY SAGA… " Enticed by the SAGA brand and all it represents, I bought their home insurance… seemed like common sense. Though no claims I'd made ‘til now on any home insurance, A cautionary tale I now must tell of patience and endurance. Small damp patch appeared on ceiling, En-suite toilet needed sealing. A call to SAGA I did make Turned out to be a huge mistake. Little did I ever expect The ‘saga' that would follow next, Through miscommunication and incompetence. Dozen workmen made job last six months. Wrote direct to SAGA's Chief Exec.(Euan Sutherland) but turned out all in vain, "Third party suppliers", "rare toilet parts!", all but him to blame. Though payments made to "SAGA SERVICES" direct from my bank, Deflected responsibility to COVEA (underwriters) and Our spirits sank. A molehill to a mountain was turned by COVEA-yer-a**e, Endless delays, excuses, whoppers, a most unfunny farce. Here's one example, their ‘CHEMDRY' crew had no clue How to uninstall and dismantle a bog standard loo. Wrote once more to Chief "Euan" re: imminent litigation, Advised could use "SAGA Home Legal Cover" for our costs mitigation. Miraculously the leak was fixed the very morning after, Covea offered £100 "compensation" for us to forget the matter. I'd already paid them £300 excess, So my answer won't take long to guess. Whole mess wasted six months of my valuable time, Except I hope for you to read this cautionary rhyme. We've moved from SAGA and COVEA for new home cover, Breathed a huge sigh of relief now the saga's over. Writing this poem gives me little pleasure, Don't just buy brands you think you trust and regret your choice at leisure!

christopherj547
August 2nd, 2021

A CAUTIONARY SAGA… "

Enticed by the SAGA brand and all it represents,
I bought their home insurance… seemed like common sense.
Though no claims I'd made ‘til now on any home insurance,
A cautionary tale I now must tell of patience and endurance.

Small damp patch appeared on ceiling,
En-suite toilet needed sealing.
A call to SAGA I did make
Turned out to be a huge mistake.

Little did I ever expect
The ‘saga' that would follow next,
Through miscommunication and incompetence.
Dozen workmen made job last six months.

Wrote direct to SAGA's Chief Exec.(Euan Sutherland) but turned out all in vain,
"Third party suppliers", "rare toilet parts!", all but him to blame.
Though payments made to "SAGA SERVICES" direct from my bank,
Deflected responsibility to COVEA (underwriters) and
Our spirits sank.

A molehill to a mountain was turned by COVEA-yer-a**e,
Endless delays, excuses, whoppers, a most unfunny farce.
Here's one example, their ‘CHEMDRY' crew had no clue
How to uninstall and dismantle a bog standard loo.

Wrote once more to Chief "Euan" re: imminent litigation,
Advised could use "SAGA Home Legal Cover" for our costs mitigation.
Miraculously the leak was fixed the very morning after,
Covea offered £100 "compensation" for us to forget the matter.

I'd already paid them £300 excess,
So my answer won't take long to guess.
Whole mess wasted six months of my valuable time,
Except I hope for you to read this cautionary rhyme.

We've moved from SAGA and COVEA for new home cover,
Breathed a huge sigh of relief now the saga's over.
Writing this poem gives me little pleasure,
Don't just buy brands you think you trust and regret your choice at leisure!

Tip for consumers:
Don’t!

Products used:
Home Insurance

Questions? Get answers from the Saga.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Saga.co.uk?

Have a question about Saga.co.uk?