Review of RockAuto

service@rockauto.com

5 reviews with 3 stars

jimm1563
1/1/19
• Updated review

I am buying parts at rock auto again, I guess only because of the prices on some things.
But I'm planning ahead so that I know the parts will be here before I need them.
So I guess my advice is, if you have time you can save some money buying from rock auto
If you're broke down and need it fixed right away, go to your local parts store.
Also be sure that you're ordering the right part
If you order the wrong one you're probably going to be stuck with it.

“Poor customer service”
12/1/17
• Previous review

I ordered parts for my truck
They look like they were damaged in shipping I contacted rock auto
They started the process to replace the damaged parts
I was told the new parts would be shipped immediately which which they did not ship until the day before I was supposed to have them which is today (Dec 1,2017)
so as Im sitting here I still dont have my parts
So tomorrow I will be going to local auto parts place buying the parts I need and installing them and then I will proceed to fight with rock auto to take the parts back which Im sure I will get nowhere and will be stuck with.
I have bought parts from rock auto since 2009 unless something changes with the customer service this will be the last order for me.

mickeys24
7/8/18

Have received a few items that where made outta low quality material but for most part happy continue to use them for our car parts alot of fair quality parts as well

jimmyc77
11/14/17

I ordered a kit on Monday to repair the heating on my daughter's car. I paid extra for next day delivery. Tuesday afternoon parts arrive. I'm very satisfied until I open the box and find most of the parts are missing. They wouldn't ship a complete kit until they had confirmation that the incomplete and useless kit they sent me was on its way back to them. A long story short, I got the complete kit Friday afternoon. The fact that I had spent extra for next day delivery for something that took 4 days to get to me due to their error fell on deaf ears. They did point out that they were being so kind as to ship the complete kit at no extra cost to me. My, how good of them. no offer of a small in-store credit or anything like that. Just a "It sucks to be you." Up- to this point, I've had nothing but good things to say about RockAuto.

timh124
10/26/17

I used to be a very loyal customer, but I think I am looking for a new parts supplier. Too bad, I really used to like these guys, but I'm getting concerned about getting ripped off. The big changes I have noticed is that the prices don't seem to have changed much but the shipping prices have increased killing their margin, they used to ship promptly but over the last year or so they have gotten very slow about processing shipping orders and customer service used to be decent and seems to have disappeared.
I have purchased lots of parts from these guys and generally always was pretty positive. I would pick the part that I wanted, order it take the cheapest shipping option. The thing that was great is that I could count on the parts being about 1/2 the price of what I could get them for locally. I checked this regularly as I have been ordering from them regularly about 1 to 2 times per month on average over the last 7 years or so to the tune of several hundred dollars per year possibly up to $1000.

erict60
6/20/16

I went on line at their site to see about a "rear Axel" for my jeep wrangler I seen that they had them "In their catalog" but not available, they said leave an e-mail so they can let you know when it becomes available.I did that! and they said they did not have them AT ALL in their Inventory. sounds like False Advertisement To Me!

Tip for consumers: call them before you place an order!

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RockAuto