Review of RentalCars.com

peterrooney@rentalcars.com

8 reviews with 4 stars

robertr708
1/4/19

The price quoted for a rental car means nothing unless it includes insurance and collision damage waver. I'm an American living in Thailand and have used them 5 times to rent cars with no problems.
The best part is that for USA rentals to foreigners (or Americans living abroad) is that they package up the car rental, liability insurance and collision damage waiver into one price that's far less than I could buy it at the counter. They use all the companies, but avoid Dollar and Thrifty. You'll be happier and wait about an hour less if you spend a little more and get Avis or Hertz.

rossh59
11/20/18

I booked a car with Rentalcars.com and was quoted and paid a charge of £66.49. However when I went to collect the vehicle from Budget I was told that the rental cost was £144.36 and I was going to be charged an additional £77.87. I then spent over 30 minutes trying to get through to their customer service to resolve the issue. When I eventually got through I was reassured that I would pay no more that the original contracted amount of £66.49 and that if Budget did charge me the additional amount that Rentalcars.com would refund it.

However today they have contacted me and basically told me to get stuffed and that they won't refund me anything as the charges relate to supplement..strange that this was never mentioned in any of the conversations I had at the time of collecting the car.

Clearly they are colluding with the car hire companies to shaft customers when they mess up.

Clearly seems to be some communication issues within the company. But I was fully refunded.

michaelf544
6/24/18

We have rented a panda in Prat, Barcelona last Thursday 21/6-18 & were rather apprehensive having read all the horror stories about rip-offs, insurance scams, endless waiting & extra charges...
We could just say no thanks to extra insurance & other options when Andrea proposed them. We got the car fast even where there several clients before us.
We reserved a deposit as we have a credit card & not just a debet.
Fiat was rather new & clean -there was a scratch in the front & missing anatena & this was noted in the protocol. Minor scratches were not noted as they should be over 5cm.
We returned the car clean & with full tank without any problem.
We got real value for our money...

michald3
7/17/17

Booked a car in Jersey City for 5 day. Price was very good. I asked question on their support about the booking and they reacted promptly and accurate. The actual rental company was Budget.
Overall I had no problem with rentalcars.

roberts623
6/24/17

So rented a car from RentalCars. Flight cancelled, the next delayed so picked up a day late. Talked to RentalCars via Skype and they were fantastic, no problems, cancelled first and then rebooked.
However when I picked up the car at Malaga, the people there didn't know what I was talking about, then found my booking but still charged me, not much but some, for 'administration', I also took their insurance deal. So all in all £164 for 9 days, £123 of that for insurance. Not bad but still not sure how this is supposed to work.

Tip for consumers: Ask a few questions about how it works and what you do at the other end. Also take a look at Money Saving Expert.com for car hire insurance while abroad.

jesperz2
5/4/17

I've used Rentalcars several times on various locations, and I've recieved great service, correct pricing and delivery each time.

Highly recommendable!

grahams27
1/14/17

At Miami Airport I was quoted $13 per day for my wife to be added as a driver by all rental companies. This is a scam. In Florida a Spouse is automatically covered under state law. I found out too late and Rentalcar didnt tell me. Who controls these firms?

yug2
10/23/15

300 Euros for 6 days in Bordeaux, fair and good.

Took their bait of "Free Cancellation" and made a reservation then found that the coverage they were including for Iceland was bare bones. Found that for the same cost other rental car companies in Iceland include CDW so cancelled my reservation to get an email back that my deposit had been 'forfeited'. So beware "Free cancellation" is a bait and forfeiture will be the switch if you cancel. If you don't cancel your cost for CDW could double your cost. Then you can also imagine the CDW that a sneaky and scammy outfit would provide you. To carry your own CDW for any car rental I recommend the coverage provided by Allianz. I found them under my AAA membership. Go to aaa.com then look under Travel > Travel & Trip Insurance. Currently the per day cost for 40K USD covergae is $9.

By A M.

I totally agree and I also mentioned the same in my review but the 1 thing I always wonder that when you search for the rental cars, this company appeared with 4 star ratings. It seemed that this company is so CROOKED THAT THEY EVEN TEMPERED THE RATINGS AS WELL.

By Javed W.

Stay away, if something goes wrong and you cannot pick up the car, they will keep your money. All of it.

By Norman N.

John P Mate I was unfortunate enough to contact these Criminals and pay them money I have nothing to do with them and am simply warning other people not to be fooled by them and to loose therehard earned money. Take up your complains with Rental car. Com if you want to f and blind direct it to them. I understand the frustration with this company. Steven P thank you for your response to John P What a world!!!

By Jean l.

By Xophe X.

Questions? Get answers from the RentalCars.com staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RentalCars.com