Review of Quotatis

Tel: 01603298001
enquiries@quotatis.co.uk

renatem
1/29/19

Premier Paving South West did a very bad job of block paving at my property. Their quote is nothing like the finished object. Once paid, they do not react to any try of contract which is why their warranty is worth nothing at all. I had to employ a second company to correct the done work because the first block paving was breaking up after only two months. Trading Standards have advised me to write a review and say what happened to save others the same fate. I can only warn anybody who is thinking of employing that company. A lawyer has advised me to take them to court. If there was a minus rating I would give them that. Other pros who saw the work all said; " What a mess "

Response from Emily R., Quotatis Representative
Hello Renate,
We are sorry to hear that the work has not been completed to your satisfaction and thank you for your feedback. We have contacted the contractor on your behalf who I understand has agreed to return to resolve and he has been trying to contact you to arrange this, but I note that you have now employed another contractor. Quotatis last corresponded with you on 23rd January requesting you to call the contractor directly to re-appoint at a time convenient to you, but this was refused. Unfortunately, we have not been able to get in touch with you since. We will now allow you to proceed with civil action and please get in touch if you need anything from us.
Kind regards,
lucyb86
12/5/18

Dispute overpayment with quotatis took my daughter's benefit money off of her card right on top of Christmas very disgusting £278 I would definitely not recommend this company not one bit understanding

Response from Emily R., Quotatis Representative
Hello Lucy,
As you are aware, we have encouraged you to go to the police to resolve this matter if you suspect you have been a victim of fraud, however you have refused. We have spoken to your bank and they have also declined to recall the money. We have received conflicting information from you regarding your relationship to the account holder, so we would recommend that you speak to them to resolve the issue. As we made you aware on the phone, there was an outstanding balance on the account from 2017 that the card was linked to, and our automated systems will continue to try to recover the money.
Regards
richardw743
11/4/18

Following a Quotatis request for local double glazing installers I am pleased to say that Westminster Windows came out tops with Price and, the Service and Installation experience was brilliant!
David at Westminster and the Fitting Team gave excellent service and an outstanding job was completed cleanly, professionally and within the time-frame quoted.
Many thanks, highly recommended!!

Tip for consumers: Avoid the cowboys and go straight to the Marshal!

nicolae17
9/8/18

I hired a tradesman- RANDALS ROOFING recommended by quotatis. The tradesmen did a very poor quality job , took my money and then never the answered any calls - I'm reporting home to trading standards. Tried to let quota know who also don't a see phone at all

STAY AWAYNFROM BOTH -

Response from Emily R., Quotatis Representative
Hi Nicola,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had poor quality work done. I understand that our Quality Manager Carol has tried to contact you and has sent you our online complaints form to fill in, since you left 5* reviews for the contractor. We'd like to help you resolve this, so please get in touch with us if we can be of any assistance.
Best wishes,
Customer Experience Manager
simond80
8/18/18

Tm Contractors have done work on my drive way and the work was done in a profession manor very happy to recommended to all.
Absolutely wonderful work

Response from Emily R., Quotatis Representative
Thanks for your review Simon! I'm glad you've had a good experience with one of our contractors. If you need anything in the future, we'll be here!
Best wishes,
Customer Experience Manager
mamt
7/31/18

have been trying to get in touch with Quotatis for over a week but to no avail as the roofer that was suggested was totally unreliable and did shoddy incompleted work, damaged our property, took our money and left.
This is a company that I will not be recommending as there is no way of contacting them by phone and my email has not been answered to for over a week. The answering machine is in French!!!! The tradesmen that are supplied are not screened so basically you are then dealing with 'cowboys'.
Very bad, disappointing experience.

Response from Scott W., Quotatis Representative
Hi Mamta, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. I understand that you have spoken to our Quality Manager who is looking into your complaint as customer satisfaction is something that we take very seriously. Please get back in touch with Carol if you need anything further. Kind regards, Emily Customer Experience Manager
garinl
7/14/18

I contacted Quotatis for 10m run of fascias/soffit replacement. One company responded, First Choice of Fraddon, Cornwall. The quote for £1200 for 10m run of fascia and soffit and drain was okay, though was just for capping, not replacement, but I also included approx. 2.5mx3m flat roof over the sunroom, and quoted £900 just to put one mineral cap layer on, with solar paint. In retrospect, should have cost just a few hundred pounds for the sunroof, as another local company quoted £1200 plus VAT to fully replace 8.3mx 2.5m roofing including new OSB decking, 3 layers and solar paint! That company got the garage/kitchen roof job, as First Choice quoted £1600 just to put one cap layer on the kitchen/garage, way too expensive! I added gutter panels/sheets, as the felting was decayed on the south side, plus 2 upvc fascia caps to the sunroom. Total cost came to £2850, way over the top for less than 3 days work to complete. Moral of the story is always get 3 quotes. I would avoid First Choice in future. I cannot blame Quotatis per se, but although I did find First Choice on the Quotatis website with customer feedback, some of it bad, I could not see how to leave the feedback myself. So that is why I would rate Quotatis low.

deenc
5/2/18

Very bad service from the company and professional called ELITE SERVICE they are absolutely rogue and stay away from them and Shane the guy who claim the company is now bankrupt liars and cheats

Response from Scott W., Quotatis Representative
We are sorry to hear that the work has not been completed to your satisfaction and thank you for your feedback. Our Quality Manager has contacted you and is in the process of contacting the contractor.
gordons58
4/20/18

Em never again. Quotatis said a number of pros would contact me got one. Went with it bad mistake. I was told i was sent six emails about this pro still looking for them. There was a number of issues about this pro that I emailed to quotatis on poor workmanship. I asked based on these issues if quotatis thought this worker was a quality pro as they had stated, yes or no, did not get an answer. The person said she could not understand what the problem was. We are talking about damage to my satellite dish, paint splatter on my car. These pros left my property saying they would be back with a chemical. Never seen them again. They only contacted me three days later after quotatis phoned them. The words that the pro used were I dont know what you are dubious about. I asked him if he was serious. He said He was going round looking for the chemical for two days. I asked quotatis if they believed this, yes or no. She said she was not aware of the pros agenda. I could give quotatis a clue they left and went to another job with no intention of getting back to us. The pro said he would return and clean the gutters and fix my car, I asked him if he was serious as if I would let him near my car. He never even mentioned the satellite dish. When the pro was at my house sky went off they had damaged the dish he went away and got some glue to stick it together. He said He had ordered a part from screwfix and he would fix the dish properly. I have been left with the damage. I will put it in a sentence lack of care and respect all round and also no professionalism. Hopefully this is yet to come.

Tip for consumers: Do not

Response from Scott W., Quotatis Representative
Thank you for taking the time to contact Quotatis to explain the issues you have experienced recently. At Quotatis, we match you with contractors to provide you with a quote to carry out the work you described on your enquiry. Unfortunately, you engaged the contractor to complete work that you didn't describe on your enquiry, which made it difficult for our Quality Manager to track.

We have requested photos of the work you are unhappy with, but we haven't received these yet. If you would like to provide us with these, please send them to our Quality Manager on the email address she has supplied you with. We have also contacted the contractor requesting that they get in touch with you directly to resolve the issues you have raised. We have also provided you with details of the contractor's insurance provider should you wish to go down this route.

Kind regards,
hazels40
4/18/18

Brilliant job done... i had a really big tree that needed to be cut back, Acorn arrived gave me a quote which was fair and started there and then they were all done in about 2 hours, minimal damage to the shrubbery around the garden the lads working on the tree were very polite and they done exactly what we wanted.I would definitely recommend them and would use them again..

maggieh35
3/26/18

Fantastic, professional and friendly work by James Donhou and son. Replaced a picket fence working in challenging terrain. Excellent job at a fair price.

joanb90
3/7/18

I have just had my back garden blocked paved, also my front drive cleaned by,
Peter and his fantastic team in Bristol.
Would recommend these workmen to anybody interested.
JD

fabrizioc5
1/25/18

Stay away from this company, I keep receiving tens of calls from companies which can't even perform the job. They confirmed my contacts were deleted but new companies keep calling me, so they clearly have a terrible way of managing your data - forget about your data privacy with these guys!

Response from Scott W., Quotatis Representative
Hi Fabrizio, since posting this review I understand you have been in touch with Chris who has passed on the numbers that have been calling you to investigate. We have notified all the companies we matched you with again to ensure that they definitely do not call you any more. As you are in correspondence with Chris I will leave you with him to help you. Best wishes, Carol
arnoldo13
12/19/17

Honestly they charge me and offer a very far away leads. I called them for so many times and nothing sort it but they still took
Money out of company card. Guess what they took at 6am so i wont be able to cancel etc...
I have asked for refund and they say its impossible . Come on we are in 2017 and you take the money out of my.account without a contract i heared from
Them .
I always knew i have a contract wich i signed with Mr Sam from quotatis . I will go futher and investigate this quotatis company as not fair to take money out from my account without providing the right service.
I cant believe i had to call them
Every week almost since september

lydiab25
11/5/17

A good platform, however, like many of the others it is very much on the side of builders. It's good to get a selection of contractors, but you will find that even poor ones are listed here. The business model seems to be get them to subscribe, so they are quotatis customers, so if you leave bad reviews it effects their rating which means they are less likely to pay a subscription. This means they favour good reviews, so you have to be very careful.

I had a ghastly experience and was surprised at how hard it was to do a review.It felt like lip service, they were not that interested in what I'd been through. I'm not impressed. I rely on reviews to make a decision about how to spend my hard earned money, I leave reviews when I'm v impressed or when I've been very let down.I think this company vets reviews and gets in the way of free and frank reviews - so it's very unreliable.

franku14
11/3/17

JCM contractors arrived at agreed time to give quote. Commenced work on time and worked continually until work completed again on time. Hard working and pleasant bunch of lads. Added a few refinements outside the agreed work schedule
to improve the project at no additional cost. Left site clean and tidy. Tenants and myself totally satisfied with a good job all round.

jeany12
10/26/17

Be careful. They have rogue traders on their site and do not include bad reviews about the company

ianh99
10/20/17

Quoted on the spot arrived on day they said two hard working lads done a good job cleaned up when finished just kept them supplied with tea & coffee very nice lads and Boss would recommend this company. DB Fascias

Ian Hepplestone.

jamesm720
9/20/17

just got mono block paving done on our driveway and front pathway by jc pathways. from recieving the quote to the finished product,john and his team done a sterling job.top class quotation for a well done professional job.very efficient and concientious workers would highly recommend this company,if your thinking of having any driveway work done give them a call,you wont be sorry Jim and SANDRA MC SHANE

georget172
9/13/17

Got derek from Spartan aerial and satellite to do a job at my flat in eastkilbride would recommend him to anyone,anybody needing any work done hes yer man

jamesk239
9/5/17

I wouldn't recommend this joke of a company, nothing but shocking service. Cowboys .. have nothing but harrasment calls from this company. Not professionals!!!

jayt86
9/1/17

No problems. Found a local plumber who came out and fixed the problem. Really easy to use, so not sure where all those negative reviews are coming from.

lizw65
8/28/17

I made an enquiry online, giving just my email address and postcode as requested. The email they sent me to complete my query came populated with an address I have never lived at. But 3 years ago I had a building survey carried out on the address, which was a complete waste of time and money. The surveyor only gave a report over the phone despite my saying I couldn't hear him because I was in the town centre. He refused to let me ring him when I could hear him because he was 'too busy'. Despite the fact it was my house purchase and I'd requested the survey, he kept asking to speak to my husband. We got nothing in writing or email. When I rang the 'umbrella' company to complain the operative thought it was funny and our complaint has never been addressed. I think this company is related - they're useless and should be avoided at all costs.

patl59
8/14/17

As per another comment on this site, avoid this company and their agents I was sent a salesman who gave a really hard sell (offer only available that day, had to call his office to make sure okay re quotation etc etc) gave him an initial cheque for over £2k only to find out I could not get additional quotations or cancel. Stress has been unbelievable and Citizens Advice, Trading Standards and Police all involved. Project completed only to find that after being surveyed by an independent architect that there are major issues which need to be rectified. Have had nothing but problems from start to finish initial consultation mid June and still not rectified/completed.

daver135
8/12/17

Lee contacted me within an hour of my request to repair my roof. Gave a fair quotation and completed the job the following day.I am very pleased with the work that was done
Dave R

Quotatis do not resolve problems with clients. Their purpose is to gain income from tradesmen for supplying leads to them of potential clients. They do not check the suitability, reputation or competence of tradesmen within their scheme. For the kind of help you seek, you need to contact Citizens` Advice:- Telephone: 03454 04 05 06. This webpage will also give you guidance:- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/getting-home-improvements-done/problem-with-home-improvements/

By Geoffrey H.

Good Afternoon, I understand that our Quality Manager has been in contact with yourself regarding the ongoing issue you are having, and i believe you are going to come back to our Quality Manager when the work is completed. If there is anything else we can help you with we are more than happy to help Kind Regards

By Scott W., Quotatis Representative

Good Morning Jean, If you could contact our office on 02035144085 and we will be happy to assist you.

By Scott W., Quotatis Representative

Good Morning Lynn, If you could contact our office on 02035144085 and we will be happy to assist you.

By Scott W., Quotatis Representative

Good Afternoon Ashley, Could I ask you to contact our office 0203 5144086 and we will be happy to help you.

By Scott W., Quotatis Representative

Do a 'test' see how long they react to get a 'tradesman' for an emergency quote to something you know a lot about. See how many, then for how long. With your experience test the knowledge of the 'tradesman' who may turn up. My problem herein was with Quotatis approach. They have far too many websites they are linked to or own. I had an emergency boiler job for one of my tenants a hundred mles away from my home. Well by the time Qotatis responded I had fixed up everything via another organization in 30 minutes. Your the trader who will pay Quotatis. From customers, if you don't get the customers, then you judge. btw. the Job was done to my expectations. Strangely enough the Plumber was also registered with Quotatis. But he said he never got the emergency untll 7 hours later. You Judge ???? He dropped Quotatis so he said..

By tony d.

Good Morning Matthew, If you could contact us on 01603 899910, one of the team will happily go through all the options. Kind Regards

By Scott W., Quotatis Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Quotatis staff and other customers.

Quotatis?