Review of ProtonMail

Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
contact@protonmail.ch

cremecremed
7/17/18

Protonmail makes it worthy paying for the extra features that come with premium membership over and beyond the free membership service.

elizabethm108
5/24/18

Proton email promises security and non-disclosure, but if you ask for complaints about safety you will read the distraut people who have trusted this site. Besides this fact, emails are erased, documents removed. Emails you sent may never arrive, emails you receive may never load. Is it always like this? No, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but who can count on something like that?.

Once you sent several emails say to John Doe, it all clumps together (it seems nice and clever at first but the problem is that you won't be able to unfold the other emails, most likely one or two, then the 'sent' file does not register what you sent, the list goes on and on as Protonmail is by far the most disfunctional email I ever had.

Nevertheless, had they not hacked my computer, I probably would not be writing this review.

After I told I was not renewing my subscription (Overall this was a horrible service the worst I ever had or heard, but I sent a nice "thank you letter for their service") in response Protonmail erased 3 pages of old emails I had with their service, but I was rarely using proton because of all the technical problems including inability to mark "Spam" or Junk ( which means if a 'seller' gets your email you can't get rid of them, unless you contact them and perhaps after one million times, they agree to remove you from their list).

Never did I think that by telling Protonmail I would not renew, their hackers would damage my computer. I had about 10 emails with documents from my attorney (they had erased 3 pages AFTER I told them I would not renew my subscription, but since proton doesn't work properly I never thought it was an act of revenge for not renewing the email and then I made a fatal mistake:

I FORWARDED my attorney's email that were in the Proton account to my regular email account (I wasn't sure I needed to do that because I had over 100 documents from my attorney sored in my regular email and certainly would have a copy of those from Proton, as well, but just in case I didn't, I chose to forwarded it).

Now Protonmail criminals not only had access to my account, they knew I only forwarded those particular emails (which means it was important to me) and they also new now my private email and the email from my attorney.

Now Protonmail thugs and hackers erased all the documents from my attorney from another account, my private account.

Those are one of the most dangerous people on the web and to think they have my IP number and even my private email address and a free access to my computer? I'm sure I'll be receiving their visit again but, I'm beefing up security.

Proton technicians are cyber criminals who access your computer with your permission and with a fee, only to hack and destroy your computer if you don'r renew their failing services.

kbaru1
10/8/17

When you need to communicate in complete privacy and under a gold plated secure environment, Proton Mail is the place to go. The free service is enough for almost anyone; however if you want huge storage, ProtonMail offers it at reasonable rates. Some time ago, whistle blower, Ed Snowden recommended ProtonMail after searching for the most perfect service. ProtonMail also got glowing recommendations from the likes of EFF.org and several others who relish privacy.

katiey9
12/21/16

I really like ProtonMail. First, it's convenient. The design is a bit old-school, but it loads fast and works fast. Second, the encryption: no way someone can break in. Third, storage is plenty: 500mB for email only.

Questions? Get answers from the ProtonMail staff and other customers.

ProtonMail?