ProductionBase.co.uk

ProductionBase.co.uk

ProductionBase.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.88 stars from 17 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ProductionBase.co.uk also ranks 61st among Jobs Other sites. The most common issues with ProductionBase.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• The customer service is terrible and I got auto responses which were clearly copied.
How would you rate ProductionBase.co.uk?

“Been a member for years!”

Ruth J.
3/15/18

Been a ProductionBase member since the old days. Still where I get most of my work, even though there are plenty of other places to look now. Showreel hosting is excellent, and always use my profile as reference when applying for anything - having your showreel and crwedits side by side just makes sense! Networking nights are pretty good too.

“Very difficult to cancel”

Carl P.
4/8/20

I'm been with ProductionBase for a year and while their website looks impressive it has not got me any leads since I joined, not even an enquiry. That aside, when I tried to cancel, one day after my money had been taken, their subscription model is auto renewal is and they refused to give me my money back citing their terms and conditions but when you try and cancel via their website there isn't any obvious way to cancel. Do not trust this company.

customer service (5)
carlp150
April 8th, 2020
Do not trust this company.
gokhanh2
April 5th, 2020
Once you got charged for an unwanted service, they will be unreachable. Never never ever subscribe any of their services. You will never be called back from any job offers. All are fake and useless. If you are applied for a trial, just go and cancel your subscription. Otherwise, goodbye to your hard-earned money.
harryp140
February 13th, 2020
I subscribed to this site for a long time and got absolutely nothing out of it (despite being very experienced at what I do). All the jobs I saw on the site were also on free sites like Facebook and the customer service is absolutely dreadful.

A complete waste of money. Do not waste your money!
stewartm65
January 16th, 2020
Absolute scam. Beware. Signed up to 7 day trial which I tried to cancel on the last day but system wouldn't let me. Tried again the next day to be told money had already been taken and therefore couldn't cancel so started an instant chat and phone call to be told no staff were available to sort the issue and would only return 4 days later. Then told I would not be given a refund and had my cancelled subscription reinstated and they started to send me unsolicited emails. After 2 weeks of emails and complaints a manager finally called me only to tell me, in a patronising and rude manner, I had to trust that their system worked perfectly and it was my fault and they would not refund me. When I questioned this he hung up on me! Worst customer service experience ever.
mrm351
August 28th, 2019
Scamming and money-grabbing company. Their subscription policy is not clear and doesn't have an option to opt-out. They will charge you again automatically after one year without notice and, once you're charged, they refuse to refund even if you ask for a cancellation on the same day, in complete disregard for the Consumer Rights Act.

Plus, pretty much all of their job offerings can be found elsewhere online for free - be it on Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook groups or any of the many freelancing and crewing websites out there. Unbelievable that this company still exists, absolutely avoid.
juanm123
October 5th, 2017
Got my first gig in the UK on this site after moving from Spain. Been member more than once, so it must have been ok. Would rather it was free, but get what you pay for I guess.
louc57
January 22nd, 2019
Do not go anywhere near this company - they provide next to no service for your money as all the jobs they feature are available to people with no need to pay, on free to use sites and Facebook.

The company is also cynical in their terms and conditions, hiding what they do in corners of their website and in hard-to-read Terms and Conditions.

In short then, avoid them like the plague!
ruthj40
March 15th, 2018
monikap60
June 5th, 2019
Production Base is a useless website which charges people for the promise of film/TV jobs.
They are a parasitic and unnecessary 3rd party between recruiters and talent.
A job should pay YOU - not the other way around. This is a scam.
It's sad and disgusting that companies like this even exist.
tonyc287
November 15th, 2018
As a grizzled old Producer, I've tried pretty much every website, social media group, agency and diary management service going. ProductionBase is the one that I end up coming back to again and again whenever I'm looking for new projects.
phoebed9
January 31st, 2019
Really disappointed at my experience with PB. Like many people, I signed up for their 7 day free trial. On the last day I had put a reminder to cancel my membership (with 9 hours to spare), but was told I couldn't cancel my membership as payment was in process. Payment has also been attempted before the 7 day free trial was up. The customer service is terrible and I got auto responses which were clearly copied.

This is a service to help people find work, so presumably a lot of people that use the service are unemployed or new to the industry, so it feels like they're really preying on the vulnerable here.

Now I'm tied into a year long subscription for a pretty bog-standard service.
georgea92
March 6th, 2017
Been a member on and off for a couple of years. Generally a decent range of jobs, got a couple through PB to date. Had a CV session on the phone as well which was pretty useful.
kb310
May 25th, 2019
I subscribed to the website as I was trying to find work in the field, but quickly realised it would not be worth the money. The first time I asked for a cancellation of the membership and a refund of the annual cost I was told I could not get a refund, but they offered me a free CV review. I was not happy with the solution, but accepted the situation. Before they took the next automatic renewal payment out of my account I tried to cancel the subscription online. However, they have made the process of cancelling on their website incredibly difficult and non-user friendly, and while I thought I had cancelled it, I was again charged the yearly membership fee. When explaining the situation to customer service I was again told I can't have the fee refunded. This is the first time I ever experience anything like this. DO NOT become a member and prevent others from falling in their trap. I'm utterly disgusted by the whole company.

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

ellenh55
January 10th, 2018
Do not go near Production Base - money-grabbing and they do not care about the people on their database a jot. They used to be good back in the day but there are much better sites out there with nicer customer service and better jobs!
kierann4
February 20th, 2019
At first I thought it was all well and good with Production base, I had access to many area's that I didn't know I could. This is where the fun stopped. All the work they sent to me was not relevant to my field, so I stopped using the service. Unknown to myself that the contract with them auto renews WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING. I have been going back and forth with them for weeks now & they are still refusing to refund my yearly subscription which I DO NOT WANT as I do not use their service. Utter cowboys and do not care if a renewal's was made without sending me any renewal's emails. Once they have your money they couldn't care less. Don't use them
paulc230
September 2nd, 2016
Production Base doesnt provide jobs that you would not be able to find elsewhere. In addition beware if you accept a week's trial as they will take a year's subscription from you without warning, asking or allowing you to cancel this if it was a mistake. Not so trustworthy.
ivanc53
October 8th, 2017
Having spoken to them a month or so after I joined, they assured me I would NOT be auto renewed.

Guess what...

AUTO RENEWED! When I asked them to refund and cancel my membership the moment I noticed, they not only refused but then also said it's up to me to cancel the subscription. So I'm still left with the job of cancelling my own membership.

EVEN under threat of this review, they refused to cancel my membership for next year even though I'm wearing the cost off membership. (see thread below)

TERRIBLE RESPONSE but not surprising from this industry. Don't join if you want any kind of service.

Ivan Clements
Producer / Writer / Director

From: "*******@productionbase.co.uk" <*******@productionbase.co.uk>
Subject: RE: You sent an automatic payment of £64.99 GBP
Date: 19 September 2017 at 17:20:41 BST
To: Ivan Clements <*******@withitfilms.com>

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.

Im afraid it is our members own responsibility to ensure that their subscription is cancelled if they do not wish for it to continue, so we are unable to cancel for you. To cancel your membership, please follow these simple steps: from your 'Dashboard' page go to 'Settings' (cog icon in right hand corner) and select 'My Membership' from the dropdown, then select the Edit button and follow the instructions to cancel. You will receive a confirmation email when you have successfully cancelled.

We make it clear in our Terms and Conditions that we do not send out payment reminders.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

*Personal information redacted by admin

Jobs Base Ltd My experience of dealing with this company was extremely negative - they have refused a refund for unwanted membership renewal and have refused to answer my queries.

By Phil J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ProductionBase.co.uk staff and other customers.

The UK's network for people working in television, film, radio, theatre and commercial production since 1996.

productionb
Production B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProductionBase.co.uk?

Have a question about ProductionBase.co.uk?