ProductionBase UK

ProductionBase UK has a consumer rating of 1.79 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ProductionBase UK most frequently mention customer service problems. ProductionBase UK ranks 120th among Jobs Other sites.

No positive highlights yet

• All the jobs I saw on the site were also on free sites like Facebook and the customer service is absolutely dreadful.
How would you rate ProductionBase UK?

“Been a member for years!”

Ruth J.
3/15/18

Been a ProductionBase member since the old days. Still where I get most of my work, even though there are plenty of other places to look now. Showreel hosting is excellent, and always use my profile as reference when applying for anything - having your showreel and crwedits side by side just makes sense! Networking nights are pretty good too.

“Very difficult to cancel”

Carl P.
4/8/20

I'm been with ProductionBase for a year and while their website looks impressive it has not got me any leads since I joined, not even an enquiry. That aside, when I tried to cancel, one day after my money had been taken, their subscription model is auto renewal is and they refused to give me my money back citing their terms and conditions but when you try and cancel via their website there isn't any obvious way to cancel. Do not trust this company.

customer service (5)
carlp150
April 8th, 2020

Do not trust this company.

scaml2
August 19th, 2021

The company is an absolute scam - the phone isn't working (called more than 20 times one day during various times and been said they were on a lunch break - totally unprofessional - apparently their lunch break lasts 5 hours).
They don't respond to emails at all, unless you contact your bank. They don't conform to trading standards and should be investigated by some trading authorities. Staff threatening in emails, because I wanted to cancel my subscription, which they charged me for anyway as you can't find cancellation button. Instead of trying to resolve your issue, they send you a generic email and don't even refer to your questions. Cannot believe leading TV channels advertise on their website. Scam.

AVOID, DON'T USE FREE TRIAL

subscription

glenm205
March 31st, 2021

Taking out money without your permission shows the site cannot be trusted, I would avoid using this job site you shouldn't have to pay for it.

juanm123
October 5th, 2017

Got my first gig in the UK on this site after moving from Spain. Been member more than once, so it must have been ok. Would rather it was free, but get what you pay for I guess.

michaelb5193
November 18th, 2020

No alert regarding renewal and completely inflexible about a refund. Not worth the effort of joining let alone the money.

andrews1520
February 25th, 2021

Backhanded company that has no interest in their customers, and only on making their money. The only company I've been connected with that is not open about renewals. They do not send out notifications to your email or anything else - just a note in your on-line messages (which you don't get notified about). They don't give you a cooling off period - even if you've not used the site for a year. Their instructions on the site about how to cancel your membership get you caught in a link-loop as the links all refer you to each other, and not to any place where you are able to cancel. The customer service is poor, and they are not interested in any reason, issue or problem you may have - only that you've paid your money so anything else is tough. It's not even like they have any worthwhile or unique jobs.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Tip for consumers:
Please do yourself a favour and simply don't use them

gokhanh2
April 5th, 2020

Once you got charged for an unwanted service, they will be unreachable. Never never ever subscribe any of their services. You will never be called back from any job offers. All are fake and useless. If you are applied for a trial, just go and cancel your subscription. Otherwise, goodbye to your hard-earned money.

johnf2805
January 8th, 2021

I recently had a one to one CV advice session which was part of the membership. It was a great help.

Tip for consumers:
Make sure you request it as its free as part of the membership

CV Advice

jonathanh743
August 20th, 2021

If I could give 0 stars then I would, I have never seen this before from any company.
Money grabbing thieves.

Tip for consumers:
Do not ever sign up to this site!!!

Products used:
None they should not be online

harryp140
February 13th, 2020

I subscribed to this site for a long time and got absolutely nothing out of it (despite being very experienced at what I do). All the jobs I saw on the site were also on free sites like Facebook and the customer service is absolutely dreadful.

A complete waste of money. Do not waste your money!

stewartm65
January 16th, 2020

Absolute scam. Beware. Signed up to 7 day trial which I tried to cancel on the last day but system wouldn't let me. Tried again the next day to be told money had already been taken and therefore couldn't cancel so started an instant chat and phone call to be told no staff were available to sort the issue and would only return 4 days later. Then told I would not be given a refund and had my cancelled subscription reinstated and they started to send me unsolicited emails. After 2 weeks of emails and complaints a manager finally called me only to tell me, in a patronising and rude manner, I had to trust that their system worked perfectly and it was my fault and they would not refund me. When I questioned this he hung up on me! Worst customer service experience ever.

wendyr367
September 12th, 2020

After having money stolen from my account with no warning was refused a refund.
I urge others coming here to report Productionbase to Action Fraud https://www.actionfraud.police.uk as this will be the only way to stop their antics and protect others in future. Pursue them for a refund as the wording 'this is our company policy' actually means nothing in law and is just used to fob you off.
Also - be aware if you do manage to find the way through the layers of pages on the website to the hidden cancellation page, they will not send the promised confirming email - so you would not have proof of cancelling when following up.
The guy who founded this site was a good guy but he sold it to a bunch of scammers long ago.

mrm351
August 28th, 2019

Scamming and money-grabbing company. Their subscription policy is not clear and doesn't have an option to opt-out. They will charge you again automatically after one year without notice and, once you're charged, they refuse to refund even if you ask for a cancellation on the same day, in complete disregard for the Consumer Rights Act.

Plus, pretty much all of their job offerings can be found elsewhere online for free - be it on Indeed, LinkedIn, Facebook groups or any of the many freelancing and crewing websites out there. Unbelievable that this company still exists, absolutely avoid.

louc57
January 22nd, 2019

Do not go anywhere near this company - they provide next to no service for your money as all the jobs they feature are available to people with no need to pay, on free to use sites and Facebook.

The company is also cynical in their terms and conditions, hiding what they do in corners of their website and in hard-to-read Terms and Conditions.

In short then, avoid them like the plague!

monikap60
June 5th, 2019

Production Base is a useless website which charges people for the promise of film/TV jobs.
They are a parasitic and unnecessary 3rd party between recruiters and talent.
A job should pay YOU - not the other way around. This is a scam.
It's sad and disgusting that companies like this even exist.

phoebed9
January 31st, 2019

Really disappointed at my experience with PB. Like many people, I signed up for their 7 day free trial. On the last day I had put a reminder to cancel my membership (with 9 hours to spare), but was told I couldn't cancel my membership as payment was in process. Payment has also been attempted before the 7 day free trial was up. The customer service is terrible and I got auto responses which were clearly copied.

This is a service to help people find work, so presumably a lot of people that use the service are unemployed or new to the industry, so it feels like they're really preying on the vulnerable here.

Now I'm tied into a year long subscription for a pretty bog-standard service.

kb310
May 25th, 2019

I subscribed to the website as I was trying to find work in the field, but quickly realised it would not be worth the money. The first time I asked for a cancellation of the membership and a refund of the annual cost I was told I could not get a refund, but they offered me a free CV review. I was not happy with the solution, but accepted the situation. Before they took the next automatic renewal payment out of my account I tried to cancel the subscription online. However, they have made the process of cancelling on their website incredibly difficult and non-user friendly, and while I thought I had cancelled it, I was again charged the yearly membership fee. When explaining the situation to customer service I was again told I can't have the fee refunded. This is the first time I ever experience anything like this. DO NOT become a member and prevent others from falling in their trap. I'm utterly disgusted by the whole company.

Do not use!

None

ellenh55
January 10th, 2018

Do not go near Production Base - money-grabbing and they do not care about the people on their database a jot. They used to be good back in the day but there are much better sites out there with nicer customer service and better jobs!

kierann4
February 20th, 2019

At first I thought it was all well and good with Production base, I had access to many area's that I didn't know I could. This is where the fun stopped. All the work they sent to me was not relevant to my field, so I stopped using the service. Unknown to myself that the contract with them auto renews WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING. I have been going back and forth with them for weeks now & they are still refusing to refund my yearly subscription which I DO NOT WANT as I do not use their service. Utter cowboys and do not care if a renewal's was made without sending me any renewal's emails. Once they have your money they couldn't care less. Don't use them

paulc230
September 2nd, 2016

Production Base doesnt provide jobs that you would not be able to find elsewhere. In addition beware if you accept a week's trial as they will take a year's subscription from you without warning, asking or allowing you to cancel this if it was a mistake. Not so trustworthy.

ivanc53
October 8th, 2017

Having spoken to them a month or so after I joined, they assured me I would NOT be auto renewed.

Guess what...

AUTO RENEWED! When I asked them to refund and cancel my membership the moment I noticed, they not only refused but then also said it's up to me to cancel the subscription. So I'm still left with the job of cancelling my own membership.

EVEN under threat of this review, they refused to cancel my membership for next year even though I'm wearing the cost off membership. (see thread below)

TERRIBLE RESPONSE but not surprising from this industry. Don't join if you want any kind of service.

Ivan Clements
Producer / Writer / Director

From: "*******@productionbase.co.uk" <*******@productionbase.co.uk>
Subject: RE: You sent an automatic payment of £64.99 GBP
Date: 19 September 2017 at 17:20:41 BST
To: Ivan Clements <*******@withitfilms.com>

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.

Im afraid it is our members own responsibility to ensure that their subscription is cancelled if they do not wish for it to continue, so we are unable to cancel for you. To cancel your membership, please follow these simple steps: from your 'Dashboard' page go to 'Settings' (cog icon in right hand corner) and select 'My Membership' from the dropdown, then select the Edit button and follow the instructions to cancel. You will receive a confirmation email when you have successfully cancelled.

We make it clear in our Terms and Conditions that we do not send out payment reminders.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

*Personal information redacted by admin

ruthj40
March 15th, 2018

tonyc287
November 15th, 2018

As a grizzled old Producer, I've tried pretty much every website, social media group, agency and diary management service going. ProductionBase is the one that I end up coming back to again and again whenever I'm looking for new projects.

georgea92
March 6th, 2017

Been a member on and off for a couple of years. Generally a decent range of jobs, got a couple through PB to date. Had a CV session on the phone as well which was pretty useful.

It's totally legit. I believe it was part of DMGT and is now run by some of their execs. The events they run are great - they invite TV producers along to talk about a recent show they worked on. Very well run.

By John F.