Review of Pristine-sales

pristine-sales.com@contactprivacy.com

1 Review From Our Community

judithc20
1/19/18
• Updated review

I returned the defective DVDs and although I am upset that they didn't refund the return postage, they did refund the entire price within two weeks. Not refunding the return postage is what keeps them at 4 stars; if they had refunded that (which was $7) then I would have upgraded them to 5 stars.

“Complicated review”
1/19/18
• Previous review

I ordered the Lion King trilogy DVDs from this company. They sell DVDs for Region 1 only, their prices are great, and a friend recommended them to me. However, when I played the first one (Lion King), after it played for awhile I received an error message that there was a problem with the disc, that I needed to reset the DVD player. I couldn't - the player did not respond at all. I couldn't even eject the disc - I had to unplug the player and wait for 10 minutes, then plug it in again. I could then eject the disc. I phoned the company and the person I spoke to was very responsive and apologized. He said they would replace the disc at no charge and I didn't have to send the first one back. The replacement arrived three days later. Unfortunately, however, there was the same problem with the replacement. (I tried two of my other DVDs and they played perfectly, all player functions worked, so I knew it wasn't that my DVD player went bonkers).Then I thought I'd better play Lion King 1-1/2 and Lion King 2 to make sure they were okay - they weren't. I didn't get the error message on either because I didn't wait that long. I immediately tried fast forward, pause, etc. and neither disc responded to anything so I knew there was a problem. At least I was able to eject them. I called the company on Friday, 12/15/17, but it was after hours so I left a very angry message. I did not get a call back on Monday morning, so I went to the site and used the chat function. I expressed my frustration and, yes, anger, and was told there would be no problem with a refund but that I would have to return all four discs (2 Lion King and the other 2 in the trilogy). However, they could not refund the shipping. I wasn't going to argue over a couple of bucks. The discs went out via UPS today and I have no doubt the refund will be forthcoming. If I haven't received it within two weeks I'll edit this review, but I doubt that will be necessary. This is the best customer service I've had in years. Not only is there no difficulty getting through to them via either phone or online chat, but they're responsive and obviously want to do the right thing. That's why I gave them 4 stars. So okay, it's a complicated review. The discs were defective but they're standing behind their product. They obviously buy discs in job lots and might get seconds or whatever, and their luck just ran out on the Lion King trilogy. So, in view of the great customer service I gave them 4 stars and am not against ordering from them again should the need arise. They do seem to carry DVDs that are no longer available elsewhere.

Questions? Get answers from the Pristine-sales staff and other customers.

Pristine-sales?