Review of PortraitPuzzles

La Crosse, WI 54601, US
customerservice@portraitpuzzles.com

genel58
6/17/19

I ordered a 1,000 piece puzzle. We got to the end and to our dismay, it was missing a single piece, right in the middle of my granddaughters face. Yikes. I contacted customer service. They said they couldn't send a single piece, so they would replace the entire puzzle. They didn't ask for the original puzzle to be returned. I didn't look forward to going through 1,000 pieces to find a single missing piece, but their offer was very fair. When I received the replacement puzzle, I was amazed to find it was entirely put together already! Incredible!

gregoryc131
12/11/18

Awesome puzzle. Truly enjoy working on them. Material is the very best that I've seen. I highly recommend ProtraitPuzzle for those that love doing puzzles. Thanks GregC

kamild10
7/26/18

A great and creative gift! I got one for my BFF with an old picture of us and she absolutely loved it! Also the product itself is very good in quality. I definitely will be buying again.

nicholass72
2/28/18

I bought a puzzle as a Christmas present for my girlfriend and used a picture of her on our trip in the summer. The puzzle quality was phenomenal! You will need a high quality picture with the original image link and not a picture that has been compressed by a social media site online, however, PortraitPuzzles explains all of that when you are in the process of uploading your desired picture for print.

The price was very affordable an I loved the feature of how you can customize the amount of puzzle pieces.

Also, I was very happy to find upon arrival of the puzzle that it included a box to house the pieces which also included the final desired picture on the cover of the box to help build the puzzle.

I would highly reccommend this site and product! Nothing but good things to say and it makes for an awesome personalized gift that you can build together!

jeng55
2/27/18

I couldnt be more pleased with my experience with Portrait Puzzle. The turnaround time from order to receiving the puzzle was quick without paying for any kind of expedition. The tin was gorgeous and the puzzle itself was nice quality. The recipients of this puzzle loved the uniqueness of this gift and that it was of a photo of their beloved dog. A beautiful, thoughtful gift for under $50?! You just cant beat that for the puzzle lovers in your life.

deanc73
2/26/18

Awesome gift. Quick and easy website. Great price and a great product. I would use them again. The puzzle and the tin came out great.

deborahw112
2/26/18

Turn around time was really quick! And the image looks great! I purchased one for my daughter, and one for my mother and they were both really pleased.

salc28
2/26/18

Purchased 3 puzzles for Christmas gifts and everyone love the puzzles. Super fast delivery and really nice packaging.

bonniew18
2/26/18

I like the variety of sizes to make your custom puzzle just the way you want. Also when seeing this company was local, made the decision easy to make. Thanks

chelseam41
2/26/18

I purchased this for my boyfriends parents for Christmas (first Christmas together) and they loved it!! His mom even shed a tear. Its great quality and looked just like the picture I sent them. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to make any present personalized!

jeffs289
2/23/18

Ordered an 80th birthday gift for family. Provided clear details for a card or note saying Happy Birthday" and from us. Big family.

Product delivered, as promised. However, noting in the box. Mystery gift.

Called after I learned about this. Portrait Puzzle said "oh, we do not do this". "I will tell the owner".

Unless you are buying a puzzle for yourself, I would not purchase from them. They are not willing to provide "gifting".

Jeff

Response from Jay M., PortraitPuzzles Representative
Hi Jeff.
I'm sorry you're disappointed that a card wasn't included with the puzzle. We offer the option to include text on your puzzle or puzzle box, but don't offer a gift card option.
Looking back at your note, I see that we should have contacted you about this prior to shipping your puzzle.

Jay
www.PortraitPuzzles.com
crystalb93
1/4/18

Pieces fit together nicely. Easy to upload picture. Couldn't believe I received the puzzle about a week after it was ordered.

jordana55
1/3/18

I have been shopping around quite a bit for custom puzzles for my family postponed christmas gathering. Out of all the sites Ashley has provided us with the most fast and friendly reaponses. She even went above and beyond and helped us edit our photo. Have been very pleased so far and can't wait for the final product. Thank you!!

lindar249
12/8/17

The website was super easy to use, upload photo, choose size of puzzle, etc. But the colors are not quite as bright as I had hoped. Probably due to enlargement, but maybe an option could be to saturate the colors more. Ordered 2 and sent one to my girlfriend who traveled to Italy with me. Great souvenir!

brio20
12/7/17

Puzzle looks very professional, picture is high quality. Also, had a mix up with the order (my fault) and the customer service proactively reached out to me to resolve it.

lindseyb43
12/5/17

My puzzle looks great and the box it comes in is very sturdy. The color is very nice. The cost at portrait puzzles is very reasonable.

joep321
10/28/17

My entire experience dealing with Portrait Puzzles was spectacular. Their site was simple to use and easy to understand. I uploaded a picture, set a few options (shipping, metal tin) and off it went. The puzzle arrived very quickly with the standard shipping option.
The box is nice, with a copy of the picture on the outside. The puzzle pieces are made of quality material and the image looks great.
The biggest issue I had was that they cropped the picture to the point where the entire top and bottom were solid gray pieces, and a fraction of the right and left borders were gray as well.
When I took the time to review the dimensions and compare it to my picture I could tell they did their best to preserve the picture (not cut anyone out) and keep the the required dimensions, it just couldn't be cropped in a way that would prevent the borders.
When I emailed back about the issue the customer service rep was EXTREMELY helpful. She offered to replace the puzzle and provided additional guidance about how to properly crop the photo first, if I was concerned about losing anything on the picture.

Overall it was a great experience and I will be using and recommending it to others.

sandyc83
Sandy C.
10/12/17

We had decided to purchase 13 puzzles in the last minute of different artwork for a work conference. Not only was delivery fast, the quality of the puzzles are beyond our expectations. We have actually put them in frames to hang around the office. I have been telling everyone about these because it would be a great gift for someone. I would highly recommend Portrait Puzzles to anyone.

mc606
6/3/17

Great customer service, good turn-around time, high quality puzzle pieces, great printing quality. Will definitely use again!

cragm
3/23/17

Cool thing about this service is that they work fast and do their job very good. Ordered a puzzle with a portrait of me and my beloved here before Valentine's day. She was so excited when she unpacked the present. We spend a week or so to gather it, because the pieces were tiny. Very impressive!

Thank you!

jimw127
2/6/17

I recently sent Portrait Puzzles an image to copy. Image had lots of extreme color contrast. When I received my puzzle I was disappointed that much of the vividness was missing. I wrote an email just asking if that was to be expected with so much contrast. Without my even asking, Ashley immediately offered to reprint and send at no additional charge! Got it yesterday. Beautiful, as was the service and attitude.

jessc28
8/23/16

When I initially uploaded my photo I had a question about its resolution. Typically when corresponding via email with a customer service team, I wait a few hours for a response. With PortraitPuzzles I received a friendly and helpful reply almost immediately!

I chose the least expensive shipping option, and the puzzle still arrived in a mere few days. The puzzle is a picture of the entire staff of the office where I work. When my coworkers and I completed the 1008 piece puzzle, we were sad to discover 2 pieces were missing. I reached out to customer service again, in case there was a chance they could replace pieces. I wasn't sure if we lost them, or if the pieces were missing to begin with. The former seemed more likely. No matter, Ashley on the customer service team responded (immediately) and told me she would be sending us a new puzzle, at no charge! Amazing!!

The puzzle itself is of great quality, and comes in a super cute box!

Thanks PortraitPuzzles!!!

monicac47
8/15/16

I created a collage of a friend's engagement pictures and sent the file in to Portrait Puzzles on a Tuesday and received the package on that Saturday! The product is great and I'm so happy I paid the little extra for the tin box. Can't wait to give this unique gift to the bride at her bridal shower. They are avid puzzlers and know they'll love it! Thank you Portrait Puzzles!

dalen20
2/16/16

I received a 1008 piece puzzle of my grandchildren for my birthday and absolutely love it! The puzzle pieces were sturdy and of varying shapes so that only the correct pieces would interlock. (I have other puzzles in which all the pieces are identically shaped, and it not only makes for a boring puzzle, but it is nearly impossible to tell if some of the pieces are correctly placed.) The completed puzzle is a high quality picture that is now framed and hanging in my den. I would highly recommend this product!

pauln51
7/29/15

ordered a large puzzle for a special event at our church. it arrived way quicker then I expected and it even better then I expected.
what a great company!
The USPS crushed the box that it was shipped in. I contacted the company and they replace the box free of charge.

Hi Mike, Thanks for your question and thanks for considering www.PortraitPuzzles.com! Having all the pieces cleanly and thoroughly cut is one of the things that separates a good puzzle-make from a bad one. We guarantee that none of your pieces will be stuck together. Not only do we have experience cutting hundreds of thousands of puzzles, but we also have a process that ensures that your puzzle has been checked for this. Thank you, Jay - Owner www.PortraitPuzzles.com

By Jay M., PortraitPuzzles Representative

Hi Una. Thanks for your question. We have puzzles up to 1,000 pieces, so it's not just a novelty! These are real puzzle, similar to the highest quality puzzles that your father is used to. - Jay PortraitPuzzles.com

By Jay M., PortraitPuzzles Representative
Questions? Get answers from the PortraitPuzzles staff and other customers.

5 Photos for PortraitPuzzles