PopTelecom

PopTelecom has a consumer rating of 1.61 stars from 23 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. PopTelecom ranks 74th among Internet Service Provider sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I've asked them multiple times to end the contract, and have requested that they refund my money.
How would you rate PopTelecom?

“Good supplier”

A K.
10/30/19

Reliable broadband Quick connection Good guys on the phone on the odd occasion I have had to speak to them

“Absolute Shambles”

Maria S.
7/9/20

I'm having ver similar experiences mentioned on previous reviews. Slug pace internet connection, the managed to flog me a new router which I obviously did need as my Internet speed is actually worse since. I would like to thank previous post as I'm not determined to expose this fake company and start legal proceedings against them. Power to the people

contract (6)
marias1018
July 9th, 2020

andrewm795
January 15th, 2020

Main problem is intermittent wifi, keeps dropping. TWO months and still they dither... asking me to do testing when it is plain as day that the router/wifi box is faulty. I am pig-sick of being their unpaid staff member because they will not send anyone out to fix the problem.

Tip for consumers:
Use plusnet - excellent though more expensive. I regret leaving them.

Products used:
Equipment as supplied and installed by them.

cranp
February 10th, 2021

Terrible experience with this horrible company. They confused an elderly relative with health issues into renewing an overly-expensive contract over the phone. Then they stonewalled them during the period when it should have been possible to quit without a financial penalty, ignoring all emails asking for help. Fear of being cut-off during a pandemic deters anyone from trying to switch. So they are stuck with a pricey, year-long contract before they can leave, and who knows how easy that process will be? In my opinion, this is a pretty crooked company. Please avoid them!

em238
October 26th, 2020

Had to complain to CISAS twice
Had to complain to CISAS twice(like the ombudsman). Have finally left the company this week with no penalties due to CISAS intervention, after being with them only 4 months. Even after CISAS intervention they tried to charge me a termination fee of £115. Shocking.
Reasons - Didn't consult me that my number would change so I had no incoming calls for a month including work calls as I was WFH due to Covid at the time, no Caller display for 6 weeks and my bill went up after a month.
Decide for yourself if you want to use this company.

timc372
July 16th, 2019

I have had a faulty broadband connection for over 4 weeks. I have contacted them numerous times and it is still unresolved. They will take no action unless you have the time to pester them everyday. Service number is a chargeable geographical number, but I waited in a queue for over 20 minutes before speaking to an adviser who spent another 20 minutes before telling me the line had passed all tests. On one occasion there was no broadband for over 12 hours, connection drops typically more than 4 times a day. When there is a connection it is slow 6Mbps instead of advertised 36Mbps.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid at all costs. Better off paying slightly more to a different provider.

Products used:
Broadband

siann5
December 5th, 2019

DO NOT USE
You may be lucky and get an okay service. However if you are one of the many who are unable to connect and they can not resolve the issue you will be charged £100+ cancellation fee. Even if the fault is not with you and you never receive any broadband connection.
Disgusting excuse for a broadband provider
Not worth the risk

ak144
October 30th, 2019

Reliable broadband
Quick connection
Good guys on the phone on the odd occasion I have had to speak to them

larryn48
April 6th, 2018
• Updated review

After four months of calling e mailing and phoning I have actually got my freedom from Poptelecom the best thing I ever did was contact the citizens advice, trading standards and then cisas and if all you people out there did the same when you have these so called companies try it on together you will bring them down do not be afraid to fight for your rights it does work good luck people regards a happy pensioner!

Worst ever
February 20th, 2018
• Previous review

I have dealt with this so called company and have found it the worst I have ever come across and for any of you people who are having problems please contact CEDR on tel No 020 5720 3814 or E mail *******@cedr.com they are now dealing with my case don't let these shisters get away with treating you shabby or lying to you they must be stopped and the more people complain the better. Never will i deal with is outfit again!

Tip for consumers:
STAY AWAY THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF !

jamesg1525
February 17th, 2020

I had some very important work to do this evening and I was unable to finish it because my internet service has been absolute rubbish, This has been going on for several days. There is no way you can contact them in the evening and they have an email address but when you try to send the email you get an answer to say that the department is closed and you cannot see it. As soon as my contract expires I will certainly be leaving them,

fedoz
March 12th, 2017

Absolutely horrific company. Over 4 months without broadband not bothered to fix it. Non existing customer service if u lucky speak to somebody after hours on wait then he wouldn't help you at all l. Charging random amounts on the bill without proper explanation. 50 £ leaving charge. I f u got no service like us for months u still have to pay. Never ever Poptelecom. Dont get excited with the price because in the end u will pay more than BT. Read proper reviews on trustpilot and go somewhere else... Save Your money and nerves

jacquelinec33
August 10th, 2017

Don't touch 'em with a barge pole - even before the line goes live they will over charge you and lie about your address - they can't find it etc - lie about how many times (they haven't) contacted you - and then overcharge with no explanation.
They do not abide by the direct debit code of practice and will take out of your account whatever they want whenever they want without writing to you first.
As for refunds forget it... it will be down to your bank to do that for you.

suzanner65
August 16th, 2018

Service is none existent, customer service that only works office hours really helpful no weekend cover. Dropped out 25 times in 2 hours and yet according to them is acceptable.

tessaw14
December 13th, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble since switching to this provider. I have had WiFi that is so slow I cannot use it at all which has prevented me from being able to work from home for 6 weeks now. I quickly upgraded to the faster service (at a very expensive rate) and I was not informed it would take so long to instal. I am still waiting. Despite numerous attempts to contact the company for help with data costs and some sort of compensation my requests have been rejected. I am appalled the company will not consider the huge disadvantage I have suffered in switching to them and attempt to help me out with the expenses or compensate me as a matter of decency. Avoid at all costs! I will be telling everyone I can to avoid this company.

barryc59
February 21st, 2018

I have used Poptelecom Broad band for 5 months now. I was expecting to be throttled towards the end of the month, however no throttling occurred. Almost every other 17mb provider throttled me. So I am staying with POP

samarac2
April 22nd, 2019

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

I would give this minus 1 million stars if I could. The WORSE company I have ever encountered. They reel you in with apparently 'cheap' prices and then tie you up in knots to extend your contract with extortionate prices and terrible broadband. We moved house and not only have we been a whole month without Internet which they are still going to charge us for, they renew the contract to another 24 months! Been on the phone to them constantly about moving and was never once told this would actually renew the contract! All we want to do is leave this awful company but they want to charge us as much as possible to leave.

NEVER EVER GO WITH THIS COMPANY!

They should be shut down.

sylviac32
September 21st, 2017

I went with pop telecom in august. June now it's august I have paid 3 bill one £46 then another £46 then I get a call saying ur bills due £89 how can that be I went wth this company cause they said it was cheap calls I've only got broadband wat plays up all the time and phone. I think I'm paying for the street. Now they have sent be a bill of £500 I'm not paying it cause it's all faulse advertisement

Don't go there

krisw32
February 21st, 2018

Shockingly bad, the worst company I have ever dealt with. They will slap up to 5 unauthorised charges on your bills and not repay you. At the end of the contract they will try to extend the contract to 24 months even if you have emails and screenshots stating 18 months. They move the contract start date forward so they can try and charge you a £160 seven month 'early termination fee'. They then try and slap in a £100 admin 'exit' fee. This is hidden in the small print and was £50 but they decided to double this under 'NEW' T&C. Basically they are trying to extort over £300 for me to be able to leave them. The icing on the cake is when you try to switch providers - they cancel the switch without warning or notification. Never mind Ofcom, CISAS, old MAC codes etc.- they do it, and get away with it! You have been warned!

andrzejk4
March 4th, 2017

Slow connection.
Low tech router: keep disconnecting.
Absolutaly usless customer service: don't answer the phones, don't answer email questions, ignore reported faults, arogant.
Additional chargé for nothing: few pounds every months, no explantion given.
I'm in the proces of getting some legal advise as it looks too much like a froud to me.
Keep yourself away from POP telecom, save your time and nerves.

martins88
January 19th, 2016

I have had Pop Telecom for my phone line, call package and broadband for over a year and the service is unbeatable. Customer services are easy to deal with and respond quickly to faults. The broadband unlimited is what it says and the down/upload speeds are better than my previous provider. If you value your cash and your service use pop telecom.

stevep145
January 14th, 2017

Changing to pop telecom was the biggest mistake of my life.
The internet is so slow that it cant even open web pages that's if there's any connection at all. Contacted tech support (who you cant get hold of at weekends) they say we cant see any problem, the area you live in has slow connection (funny previous supplier never had this problem) or you have more than 1 item connected to the wifi.
Then finally the internet isn't loosing signal its your wifi that cutting out, I have 2 issues with this response
1: You supplied the router so it needs replacing
2: Why doesn't it work with a network cable plugged in
This was the last communication between myself and tech support as this is there response "I am sorry I was unable to help further!

charlesb167
April 11th, 2017

These people are total scam artists. I was mis-sold an internet package by a sales agent at CarPhone Warehouse, and I've been complaining to POP Telecom since early January, but they keep giving me the runaround, always changing their story and never calling me back when they say they will. I've asked them multiple times to end the contract, and have requested that they refund my money. They have established a definite pattern of constantly promising to fix the situation, and then never following through.

After over 3 months of trying to resolve this dispute, they are still debiting money from my bank account each month, even though I've asked them several times to stop until this dispute is resolved. They claim their automated system can only stop the direct debit if I cancel the contract and pay an early termination fee of over £200, but if I terminate the contract they can no longer investigate my claim for any refund. They say if I cancel the direct debit myself while the account is still open, they will report it as delinquent to a collection agency. Please spare yourself the nightmare of having to deal with these people!

heathern27
January 31st, 2017

Shocking company! Please please do not sign up to them charged 50 GBP to leave them even though the contract finished the previous year scandalous and down right rip off plus the service is pathetic.

siennak
February 16th, 2016

AVOID thie company as HELL.! The funny thing is I've agreed upon a contract to pay a certain amount and now I feel like hidden over charges that I can't explain why in every bill every month... Anyway I just can't wait to switch to a much more honest provider; Announcement to whoever in search of Telephone and Internet Providers, POP Telecom "NO NO NO NO" Must be avoided, Never go with them Massive rip-off... Also, if you want to cancel your contaract and you give them 30 days notice, they pretend they nevere received the notice ( despite its all in writing)and charging you cancelation fee! NO NO NO to this company!

IMPOSSIBLE DURING THE EVENING WHEN MOST DOMESTIC CUSTOMERS WANT THEM