Review of Perma Products

Tel: +61-29-9390255
jamie@permaproducts.com

natashab88
11/27/18

Stay away from ALL perma products the somoany does not offer any support post purchase and wants nothing to do with customer satisfaction nor do they even support their products post sales. Buyer beware and boycott such an aweful company

erylj1
6/16/18

Recently moved into a new rental. Used permastik large stripsto hang things on the wall. First off, doesn't stick for long and doesn't hold very strongly, even though rated at 5kgs. Also when planning on removing, ripped a large amount of plaster from the wall. Very disappointed.

vladr11
6/11/18

Bought a pack of 12 valcro stick-ons and they couldn't even hold a piece of paper, how the hell can you claim 5 kg!!!???.... complete rubbish, avoid these rubbish products.

michela17
1/24/18
• Updated review

Do not ever pay attention to the crap from them.........just check the reviews..........they say that they offered me this n that.........all lies. What a shoddy Company

“Stay clear of these 3rd rate products”
2/20/17
• Previous review

I have previously complained to them on how after correctly using their products my frames kept on falling down and breaking. They wanted to know what type of paint was on the wall, when was the wall painted, how wall was prepared, what was used to prepare etc etc.........all questions used just to stall. It was mandatory to show proof of purchase, but who keeps receipts? I just accidentally bought their Removable Stick Dots yesterday and used them as per instructions. All I was doing was hanging some A4 laminated sheets. After an hour or so, thud thud......they kept on falling. So I checked the packaging and yep, I got Permastick's product by mistake...I was really angry with myself. No use complaining directly to them...not worth the effort. It's a Company with absolutely no Customer Service skills and one that sells far inferior products. I never have these problems wit 3M Command goods...same wall, same paint etc. Save your money....keep away folks..well away.Michel

Response from Sharon S., Perma Products Representative
Michael was advised he unfortunately used our product outside of the packaging guidelines. He was advised the products packaging does explain not to hang frame and glass pictures. As a sign of good faith Michel was offered a product refund upon proof of purchase which is company policy but he declined.
philm75
12/12/17

I purchased a set of 12 of these clear plastic hooks for use in my daughters rented flat.
I followed the instructions to the letter and left the adhesive to set overnight before using.
Within about a minute of hanging a childs coat the hook failed. I had similar results with the other hooks.
Interestingly the tab was still firmly attached to the wall, it was the attachment to the plastic hook that had failed.
Seems to me to be a useless product that is not fit for purpose

dianec113
Diane C.
11/25/17

My husband purchased a hook to rehang one of my art prints after painting the walls.The packet claims its a picture hook which will hold 3.5kgs, more than the weight we were hanging and it has framed pictures on packet. Picture fell off wall after one day and glass has broken. We will have to have this print professionally reframed. Saw on this site that pack says (have now read in small print) not to hang glass and frame artworks. THIS IS WHAT IS ON FRONT OF PACK. Don't buy this useless product. They may refund the $4 for the hook but you may be left paying hundreds to repair the damage this piece of junk causes.

oliviac34
10/23/17

Stay away. They claim you dont use them correctly but funny the 3M strips used in the same way have been fantastic, only their brand has ripped paint and plaster off. They also claim its substandard painting. Joke of a company.

birdym
8/9/17

Permastik ripped the paint off our brand new walls - first damage our new flat has taken, under 3 separate strips! Really unexpected and not too happy.

sandrab176
7/13/17

I bought picture strips to put up some certificates - just the usual A4 size and well under the recommended 3kg weight. In each case the glue has failed and each one has come off the wall and either broken the frame or the glass. I am not even bother to contact customer service to complain. In future I will buy the 'command' strips and not this inferior brand. They are definitely NOT permastik!

Response from Sharon S., Perma Products Representative
Hi Sandra,
We are very sorry to learn of your experience using our product. Our customer satisfaction is very important to us and we encourage all customers to contact us with any issues they have experienced so we can find a resolution as quickly as possible. Really hope you can give us the opportunity to restore your opinion. Our after sales support number is 1300 467 068.
catherinem78
4/26/17

Absolutely hopeless.

Don't buy these picture strips, used to hang picture that was under 1kg and the strips were rated to 5kg. Failed! The strips actually stuck to the wall and picture OK and the Velcro also was ok, the individual strip actually pulled apart - the sticky bit seperated from the Velcro.

Parma made me bend over backwards with excessive amounts of info and photos but weren't helpful with rectifying outcome.

I'll be contacting Bunnings to tell them of this inferior product they are selling.

I've previous used the 3m Command picture strips with no issues.

Response from Sharon S., Perma Products Representative
We were sincerely sorry to hear of Catherine's disappointment with our product. We asked Catherine for all the details surrounding her experience to ascertain what may have gone wrong which she sent through without delay. Catherine was very helpful with supplying any extra details that were not clear. She was then offered a full refund for the amount spent on Permastik and we eagerly awaited a response but unfortunately we did not hear back.

Questions? Get answers from the Perma Products staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Perma Products