Review of penpalsnow

penpalsnow reviews

links@penpalsnow.com

mo48
8/13/18

People around this website are weird. Most of the girls from UK and USA disappear after one-two days despite they claim they want to build up a long lasting friendship; most of people claim they want to have meaningful discussions but they are unable to maintain any discussion, being able only to use one line statements which often are limited to "Hi", "Yes", "No". All of the people who have the classic statement "I don't like people who disappear" in their ad always disappear.
My suggestion is to ignore this website at all, and if you really need friends, switch your computer off and go outside. You will meet many foreign friends in person in your life, so there is no need to waste your time with annoying pals from Penpalsnow.

bobt112
7/24/17

I've been using this site for the past month so I'd have time to form an opinion on this site before passing judgement on it. Here's what I've learned, people in other countries who say that they want to talk to someone who speaks in English are liars. I've sent 20+ emails to people in other countries some in English others in their own language and out of all of those countries. Only 1 person has replied back, I thought that it was because I was doing something wrong and they weren't able to recieve my emails but since 1 person replied back it proves this is false and they're just ignoring them. But going back to the review, I've noticed a trend going on. More then half of the people on the site are depressed and are looking for someone to fill the void in their lives it's not a site for making new friends or getting to know someone. You are basically the source of entertainment for these low lifes.

dirkg9
5/20/17

This site is not as bad as other reviews suggest. You can find plenty of interesting people there. And certain unwanted countries can be filtered out. Also good for foreign language practice.

torrim
4/14/16

This website is nothing but rubbish! There are no people on t here at all. The only thing that I get is tons and loads of letters from prisoners from CORRLINKS. I checked my age group for female penpals my age and do you know that I was the ONLY one who had signed up for MONTHS? There is absolutely NO ONE on here to talk with. I don't recommend this site at all. It is horrible!!!!

carole77
2/21/14

Last November, I went to this website to find a penpal. I wanted a free site, as I don't have much money.

I dealt with over 20 people, all men. No women answered hardly. And the men wanted either cyber-s*x or they were rude to me. I would tell them what I wanted in a pen pal, what my interests were and what I liked and did not like.

I would get replies soliciting their penpalship and then they would only write a few times, usually until they either saw my pic (which they usually DEMANDED!) or they would stop writing after I would tell them a little more about myself. And I even asked them to make closure with me if it didn't work out.

The site claims to not have any responsibility for what happens off site. I don't see anyone misbehaving on the site, but the moment me and the penpals are off site, they think they can act however they want.

I was cyber r*ped by at least 2 men that I had met on this site. I am 40 something years old and it happens to women of ALL ages. Not right! not cool!

Psychological abuse and verbal and emotional abuse can be just as (sometimes more!) damaging as physical abuse is. Being ignored or shunned or blown off without any closure or notice can be damaging especially to a person's (someone who genuinely wants to make friends and is lonely online!) psyche!

I was damaged on this site. I wanted to make friends online and all I got was this monkey shine behavior by men who think that messing with women is fun!

I feel also that Pen Pals Now is misrepresenting themself by calling themself a pen pal site and allowing this to happen! I did not know that it was such a dangerous place. I did not give out any personal information and luckily did not get flamed or threatened. But dealing with these men left me very psychologically upset and confused! I am safe, but I am concerned about others who are more vulnerable!

Men on this site seem to think that if they can go on it for free and not pay for cyber sex or phone sex, like on Live Links, they think they can demand off site sex or they can treat someone (esp a woman) like dirt online. NOT COOL!

Please stay away from this site, esp if you are a woman or if you are a minor and do not allow your kids to go on this site unsupervised!

Questions? Get answers from the penpalsnow staff and other customers.

penpalsnow?