Review of ParkSeed

Tel: 1-800-845-3369
info@parkseed.com

elizabethw75
8/3/18

Your products are awesome! Long time customer! You have delightful selections of plants, seeds, equipment and fertilizer!

roseannah1
5/26/18

Finally received plants, after numerous contacts with rude and unhelpful staff. Most dead and the rest dying. Over $100 down the drain and absolutely no way to get my money back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY unless you like throwing your money away! SHAME ON YOU, PARK SEEDS!!

rcs5
5/21/18

The plants were supposed to ship on 4/11. I purchased with a gift certificate. In May I checked the status and it was set to AUTHAUTH. When I spoke with support they said the order failed because there was no credit card with the order (of course not I used a gift certificate). I didn't get an email or any contact to let me know the order failed.

When I called support said they would bump priority so it shipped out in a day or two. 8 days later it still hadn't shipped.

I called to cancel and support said they couldn't cancel because their supplier used a P.O. and said although it's not my fault they could not cancel. I could refuse the package when it was delivered and they would refund LESS a 20% RESTOCKING FEE - FOR AN ORDER THAT THEY MESSED UP - go figure! I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they would call back and guess what - No call. Oh well I will spend some time posting reviews on the internet and never order from them again.

shannonm136
2/24/18

I ordered several different seeds from Park Seeds thinking that I might have better luck with a specialized seed company rather than buying my seeds at Lowes or HD. Also, I wanted seeds that were wilt (particularly Fusarium) resistant. We baby our seeds starting them with the best soil indoors with a heated grow light, and we've always had good luck, until now. Many of our seeds did not sprout, and the San Marzano looks dreadful. I'm less than impressed but not enough to complain to Park Seed. I just won't use them anymore.

motherr1
11/30/17

've had excellent experiences (many) with Park Seed Company for many years. I've been gardening since I could toddle out with my family -- 70 years ago now, although where that time went, who knows. At any rate, especially since the gold packets came out, I do not ever remember getting poor germination. On the contrary - everything from geranium seeds (last year's spluge) to exotic Hens and Chicks (an annual event) to African Violets and then normal seeds like lettuce and carrots have been true to name as well as healthy and well grown.

They went through a tough patch with the Park family squabbles -- it's sad to see a family degenerate like that.
It was good to see the employees care enough to finally get hold -- the power players who like to grab up companies and run them into the ground have been doing a number on many seed companies.

With that history, I'm not surprised that there have been some bad experiences. I would still recommend giving this company a chance. I'm getting ready to do exactly that myself.

carolynt32
10/14/17

Last spring, I ordered multiple seed packets. Planted some outside, some in seed trays indoors. NONE of the seeds, not one, germinated. Chalked it up to...disappoint ing, moved on. Then in mid-August, I ordered 10 plants (2 sets of 3, 2 sets of 2 others). I waited... weeks passed. Called and customer service told me that zone 6 ships the week of Sept 11. Oh, no one told me that, but okay. Again, I waited...called customer service 2nd time Sep 18th, and was told there's a shipping delay due to hurricane season (NC to CT?), and that one of my sets of plants was on back order; should all be shipped Oct 2nd. I said ship what you have, send remainder in Oct. Customer service said they cannot do that, must ship together. Frustrated, I agreed to wait AGAIN. On Oct 2nd I called asking for the status of my order (by now nighttime temps are in the 40*s). I was told a DIFFERENT set of plants was now on back order. I told them to forget whatever was on backorder, asked for a supervisor-- now I want my order expedited. I was told they would accommodate me. Ha! On 10/13 (2 full mos after I placed my order) I received my plants (some tiny, half dead), minus the 2 on backorder, SENT GROUND Ship after all. (AND it came with a note on the bill saying if anything was missing or on backorder, they will ship it FREE!) Are they kidding me?!
I will NEVER, EVER do business with Park Seed Co. again.

patg51
5/22/17

I ordered several times from ParkSeed. I purchased a BioDome on sale that arrived in good condition but had the worst instructions, Therefore, the seeds I purchased to grow - failed to germinate properly. I had ordered a 6 pack combo of plants in April, to plant in my zone on May 15th. ParkSeed said they would be delivered by May 12.
I'm still waiting.

hockeymomz
4/15/17

Where other companies will go out of their way to keep your business for any inconvenience, this is NOT the case with Park Seed! They simply did not care and would charge a 20% restocking charge to return what was an incomplete order and 10 seed packets. Really??? I would also pay shipping to return the order, even though I paid shipping on a $70 order. I wish I read all the reviews on Park Seed before giving them a try. Now I'm concerned about a low germination rate!

suzanaf1
3/18/17

I purchased some heavy duty 1020 perma nest seed trays on parkseed.com and they arrived damaged. My error was that I did not inspect the package within 48 hours. My initial thought was, I have ordered these trays through Fedco seeds in the past and Ive never had an issue. On seed planting day, I removed the trays from the box and noticed they arrived damaged, but still usable. The box it arrived in was large and filled with bubble popcorn. The trays had enough room for movement during shipment. I called customer service, and i alerted the customer service clerk that my order exceeded the 48 hours. She had me go through a long process where I was on the phone for over 15 minutes . She then tells me that there is nothing they could do. She stated "The trays were still usable so there is no need to refund you the money and you exceeded the 48 hour time limit." I understand not reimbursing the full amount for the trays or replacement but I shouldn't have to pay full price for something that arrived damaged regardless If the 48 hour mark has been exceeded. There motto should be " If we send you items that are damaged its okay because you can still use it."

rk92
1/4/17

I wert on line and ordered seeds and potted plants from Park Seed, several hundred dollars worth. Seeds arrives, no sigh of potted plants. A month later, went on a 5 week vacation. upon returning discovered a box with 6 dead plants on my front porch. At first when I contacted then, a replacement was offered as they were still 'under warranty', but no return call as promised. When I called back I was told no replacement as they had emailed me of the delivery. I said I did not get an email. I was told it was my fault because I should have checked my SPAM folder. I asked the man just how often HE checks HIS span. The day before, I deleted 698 spams. Anyway, No luck, no plants. Stay away Park Seed Co.!! RK, Glen Saint Mary, FL

theresae6
12/14/16

Ordered gift card on 11/25/16. My credit card was charged on 11/29/16. I called on 12/7/16 was told should get next week. Called again 12/14/16 was told would go out soon and would have by Christmas. All this after waiting for 1 1/2 hours for representative to come on the line (listened to their recording for that long). Buyer beware.

bettyl34
9/15/16

Ordered a $20 Maui Gold Elephant Ear bulb for a birthday gift for my son. The bulb arrived with large wilted leaves which was unexpected. He planted it but it never produced new leaves. Knowing that bulbs will generally eventually put out healthy growth, he continued to care for it. Finally called Park as the growing season had ended and was told the guarantee had expired -- no refund available. Too bad we tried to give the bulb a chance to thrive. Lesson learned. No more orders from Park Seed Company.

sherylr7
3/11/16

Very disappointed in customer service
Do not order from them. My plant died in 4 weeks they said wait until spring if it doesn't come back they will replace it. I've sent three emails with no response. I was going to buy three more plants if they
Made this right. I will never order from them again

cl7013
3/8/16

Ordered 7 packets of seeds, most on sale, entered a promo code good for "15% off any order" - simple enough. Was charged full price minus 15% percent so $6 more than the sale price. I would have been happy with the sale prices, I was even okay with $6.95 shipping, but to bump the prices to full price and then take off the 15% is so dishonest and smarmy. The promo code should state "off full price" if that is the case. I called to cancel the order and was told I couldn't but that I could send the order back when it arrives. Again, only $6 but beyond dishonest. Lots of great seed companys to choose from, stay far, far away from this one.

harrietl4
6/1/15

Signed up for email so on my next order could receive free shipping. When putting in an order I put in the discount code for free shipping and it stated I needed to order $40. worth of merchandise, which I had not. However, when I gave my email address, the $40 was not explained. I went ahead anyway and place my ordered and was shocked that they charged over $6 shipping for three packets of seeds to Arizona! What a rip off. Seeds don't weigh anything and how long does it take to place 3 packets in an envelop and mail.
Never again will I order from them.

BEWARE

patriciar36
10/12/14

I have had terrible experience with Park and will not do business with them again

mannyh
4/27/14

Shipping was pretty slow from these folks and I ordered from 6-8 of them.

Seed counts are smaller than others (Johnny's, Seed Savers Exchange, Harris). They don't seem to offer much that cannot be found in other sites.

I DO like their growing systems (first year trying), but I'll let you know how successful the plants are.

All and all, I would not use them again unless I was in a pinch.

sh4016
6/7/13

I ordered some seeds from Park Seed as they offered some things that I had never seen sold locally. I ordered a pack of Astra Double Mix Balloon Flower Seeds (supposed to have double blooms). When they bloomed, they were not Astra Double Mix Balloon Flowers, they were single flowers and much more common variety than advertised. I emailed them to inform them that the seeds they sold me did not produce they flowers they advertised. It has been over a week and I have not heard back. They appear to just ignore emails that aren't about shipping.

I actually did contact them when half of my order was not received. They just kept telling me 'it was shipped today' no matter when I asked. And this was weeks after the site said that the whole order was shipped.

So, considering I have dealt with poor customer service, and lies, as well as being sold the wrong product in the right packaging, I am very unimpressed with this company. It seems like they are trying to scam people into buying common seeds by saying they are a rare variety. I can't see me ordering from them again. I will stick to Veseys and local shops for my seed and plant requirements in the future.

jw21
4/17/12

frankc1
5/24/10

Parkseed.com is a terrific site if you're interested in growing flowers, fruits and vegetables. Their selection is TOPS and you can order a FREE CATALOG on the website (which they mail to you), as well as browse their eCatalog. You may also sign up for their newsletter and email updates about sales and gardening tips and advice.

Their service is terrific and prices are excellent as well. So if you're interested in any type of gardening this is a great resource. I highly recommend them!

Questions? Get answers from the ParkSeed staff and other customers.

ParkSeed?