Optically.ca

Optically.ca has a consumer rating of 3.2 stars from 54 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Optically.ca also ranks 21st among Eyeglasses sites. The most common issues with Optically.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I have always wanted to wear sunglasses but never did because I have to wear prescription sunglasses.

• Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews.
  • Placed an order in January for two pairs of glasses.
How would you rate Optically.ca?

“Great concept!”

Heather B.
7/14/19

Great concept I loved the simplicity. I sent in a pair of sunglasses and had them made into prescription glasses. Highly recommend getting polarized.

“Complete Ripoff”

Tom C.
3/31/20

Please avoid at all cost. This company does not deliver what they promise. I ordered white prescription sunglasses which came as battleship grey. The frames were damaged and and the bifocal lenses where in crooked. The order was weeks late and their commitment to keep you up to date on the deliver is non-existent. Their website say they offer a complete refund if for any reason you are unhappy, untrue they do not. An agent just informed me that they fact don't even offer white frames yet the website shows just that. No refund, huge hassle. There are so many other great online optical places to deal with so just avoid.

customer service (10) glasses (33) prescription sunglasses (4)
tomc794
March 31st, 2020
nikolair5
January 18th, 2020
My glasses have never arrived and store support didn't want to do anything about it. I was waiting 2 month before finally contacting them and all they had to say is that my glasses have arrived and I have to kindly check the mailbox... Very poor customer support and overpriced stock. Never gonna order from them again.
oxg
February 29th, 2020
Terrible. Ripoff company. Don't shop here. They can't deliver....very very slow customer 'service'.

Good luck getting what you ordered...i never did....
heatherb384
July 14th, 2019
gails445
April 7th, 2020
I bought glasses from Optically.ca and they were terrible. The frames I ordered were not the ones I got. I paid for wager thin lenses and they were not thin. The frames were also crooked. I contacted them and they said they were made to my specifications. I have worn glasses for most of my life and have never had lenses this thick or heavy. I sent pictures of my glasses now and what they sent and they said it was what I ordered and they could refund me my frames but only 50% of the lenses. They advertise 100% unconditional guarantee if you are not happy. Well I was refunded only 50% of the lenses. Please do not order from this company, they do not back up the refund policy.
Disappointed customer.
nicl21
December 13th, 2019
Avoid at all cost, they are not cheap but both their service and quality are terrible. I feel sorry not coming to this site and read others review.

Tip for consumers: just DO NOT buy from them

mrie
July 12th, 2019
Okay. Long shipping time. Doesnt keep my prescription on file. More expensive lenses than other sites. Will probably use again anyways since still much cheaper than in store
lisad632
July 12th, 2019
I like the fact that the prices are great but your order tracking is not good at all. I can't login into your website to check the status of my order. Not efficient way to keep customers informed.
roberth1296
August 6th, 2019
Fast shipping. Great price. Decent product - though was surprised it came thru India and not Canada as website appeared it would.
lisar601
August 19th, 2019
I don't know if other countries get better service, but in Canada you can wait a LONG time, not because of the parent company, but because of the horrible distributor they have here. It's obviously a home business that no one is in charge of and should be avoided. Also noticed a HUGE price increase on the lenses, and my frames were nothing worth this type of bad service. There are WAY better sites than this. Good luck.
howardg62
July 12th, 2019
I purchased two pairs of glasses, at different times, a pair of reading glasses and a pair of computer glasses.

Upon receipt of each pair, there was no adjustment required to the fit of the different frames and the quality of the two lenses were 'spot on' to the Optometrist's prescription. The fits were comfortable the the quality of my vision improved in each situation to the requirements prescribed.

Overall excellent value for my purchasing dollar and 100% satisfaction with my eyesight.
nyxl
September 27th, 2019
Ordering with this supposedly "canadian" company has been a nightmare.

First off- my glasses came from CHINA. Not Canada. I ordered here instead of Clearly.ca specifically cuz they heavily imply that the company and products are Canadian. I guess they have offices all over the world.
Second-glasses came in, after contacting customer service multiple times for a tracking number, i finally got one and the glasses arrived the next day (fast shipping from China atleast, 3days.)
3rd- glasses were crappy quality, frames were uneven and did not protect from the sun (ordered prescription glasses) at all.
Talked to someone and was finally agreed to refund me after i send them back to Toronto from Vancouver (postage paid out of my own pocket for this.)

Bottom line is that the product was crap and the customer service is hit or miss. 2 people ive talked to have been very helpful and understand what im saying and 2 others have been useless, like they just "smile and nod" but dont actually listen to or care about what youre saying. In the end, i have ordered a pair of similar prescription sunglasses from Clearly.ca for $10 less and will never stray from them again.
christophera179
August 7th, 2019
Awesome site..good prices and affordable..except it took longer on the shipping part and charge me extra $35 because they said my prescription is hard to make
tomh818
December 2nd, 2019
Poor customer service. Fail to reply to emails. Efforts to sell unnecessary upgrades. Ended up 6 weeks to get glasses. Lied to cover up delays.
I won't. ever order from them again!.
gautamd6
August 10th, 2019
Optically has been a doo source of reasonably priced eyeglass purchases for me and my family. They offer reglazing which is the best thing you can get
peterl436
August 19th, 2019
I ordered a pair of progressives from Optically. Unfortunately their promise of 'Fast Delivery' and 'Order Status Updates via Email' are not true in my case. This has been the longest I have waited for pretty much any online purchase ever.
The company brands itself as a Canadian company, and as I live in the GTA I thought I'd try and support them. When I called the customer service line to inquire as to my order they informed me that my glasses 'had just cleared customs' so 'should be there in a day or two'. What??!!?? Why would the order need to clear customs if put together in Canada?
Several days later, my glasses are still not here. Perhaps this company is operating in a parallel universe where the planet revolves a little more slowly, but even then, why are there no e-mail updates as promised? The online order tracker does a woeful job of indicating status of the order once it has been 'dispatched'. I doubt that this online tracker is actually even a real representation of where the order is within the company as my trust in the organization as an online retailer is now extremely low.
I should have read the reviews before I ordered.
As posting this review requires a photo, here's a photo of a pair of glasses from another online retailer who I had a much better experience with several years ago.
If my glasses arrive I'll update this review with a note about the quality of the product. As of now though...
DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO ORDER FROM!
jm409
September 18th, 2017
Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews. When in fact, they fall quite short of everything they promise.

After reviewing their website I decided to go ahead and make a purchase, however, knowing what I know now, I probably would not have. On their home page, they have an image from sitejabber.com claiming 4.5 out of 5 star reviews, however, that review is not for optically.ca, perhaps it is for their New Zealand website optically.co.nz. Their website also says that they will provide updates via email & text message at every stage of your order processing/shipping, however, I did not receive any of these messages.Overall, they fell quite short of the service described on their website.

When I initially placed my order, I received two order confirmation emails, however, they both had the same order #. I contacted them right away to ensure I would not be charged twice and not receive two pairs of RX Sunglasses. I got an email back assuring me that my order was placed once. It turned out I was in fact charged twice on my credit card. From when I initially contacted Opically regarding the double charge, it took them 7 days to agree I had been charged twice and agree to issue a credit.

The prescription sunglasses I ordered came in soft packaging, with no box to protect it. As a result, during shipping, the actual case of my glasses was totally destroyed. When I complained to Opically I was told I could have a $4.95CAD refund, or a new case shipped. I requested a new case. It has been over a month since they said they would send me a new case, and I still have not received one.

Additionally, please be aware, Optically.ca is not located in Canada. My sunglasses were first shipped from the United States to a location in Ontario, and then re-shipped to me in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I will say, the prescription sunglasses I received were as advertised, and I am happy with them. However, due to all of the other headaches, I would not purchase from Optically.ca again. I found the customer service to be extremely poor and not what I would expect from an online company.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you do your research and know all the facts before purchasing.

veronicak40
July 12th, 2019
This was my first time buying glasses online. Amazingly easy. Great selection! Super fast processing and delivery! Affordable! My glasses are perfect! My insurance company processed my claim without question. This is the only way to buy eye wear.
hd59
April 6th, 2018
The glasses were never shipped - no one replies from the company through email anymore (they only reply in the first two weeks that your order is almost complete but then stops responding)- its been 6 weeks now- was promised 10-12 business days dispatch - It's a fraud company or may be just sends out 10% of the orders they receive to scam majority of people.
keithr67
February 13th, 2018
UPDATE TO PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I did finally get my glasses. They are shipped from China. Nobody tells you this and the horrible customer service only stalls and misleads you and tells you your order is "being processed" while your glasses sit on the "slow boat from china".
In my experience, they lied about my Canada post Tracking number which never existed (I contacted Canada Post who said the number I was given by Optical didn't exsist). Canada Post only issues a tracking number if sent by Canada Post. Instead of repeating the same rhetoric about my order "being processed", I would have appreciated a little honesty and been told, "Your glasses are being shipped from China and will be about two months to receive." At least then they may have earned 2-3 stars. The glasses I finally received were the style I ordered and the lenses (prescription) was not high quality, but acceptable. The jury is still out on the quality or longevity of the lease coatings. I got the "Brown Transition" lenses and was disappointed on how little they actually darken in the sun. My wife got the "Grey Transitions" and they go quite a bit darker. If the lesser price or style is what you want from Optically and you don't mind waiting for 2-3 months to receive your glasses then take a chance with these guys. Otherwise I suggest you go with someone like Clearly. It may cost a couple dollars more but at least you get the truth from customer service and the product is shipped from your own continent and received inlays or weeks, not months.
edwardb306
July 16th, 2019
I am very happy with my purchase. I will order again in the near future. Keep up the excellent work.
isabelm63
June 24th, 2019
possibly the worst service I have ever experience. ordered on 31 May 2019, still haven't received confirmation when i will even receive my order. i had to follow up just to find out if they received my order and prescription and the order number provided does not work
reneep40
October 11th, 2018
I ordered glasses on September 6, 2018. I received the glasses on September 28, 2018. In the meantime, following an e-mail communication requested by them. I've wanted to cancel the order, but without success. The first thing I noticed when finally I got glasses was that the thickness of the lenses, I ordered (1.74 index) is rather (1.56 index) I had paid $220.00 more for a quality lens....and when I tried glasses I could not see anything with. I had, however, provided them a copy of my prescription from my optometrist. A week after informing the customer service of the problem, I am unanswered. I contacted Pay Pal regarding their guarantee. Optically finally answered that the thickness of the lenses can be different from one manufacturer to another. In the meantime, I observed that on the package of shipment that the product comes from a subcontractor "Plastic Plus" I'm communicating with them about optometry measures. A measurement in Optometry must be accurate and not random from one laboratory to another. Twice in four, I was fooled by the order online prescription glasses. I hope to have had my lesson! I also hope to benefit from the Pay Pal guarantee because it is with a Canadian company that the problem happened this time here!
kevind364
August 7th, 2019
The glasses I got were great. For the price that I paid they were surely worth the cost. Nothing about them were special or wrong.
charlest230
March 11th, 2019
received prescription glasses and they are not even close to the ones I ordered.
They will not even answer my emails. I believe they have no intention of making it right.

Clearly.ca and zennioptical are both great companies. Ill never stray from Clearly.ca again. Painless to deal with.

By Nyx L.

Easy, but a 50/50 chance of actually getting to talk to someone that gives a crap about what youre saying.

By Nyx L.

I think they might be legit but dealing with them for prescriptions is a nightmare and i dont think most of them give a crap about what theyre doing.. Go elsewhere.

By Nyx L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Optically.ca staff and other customers.

Buy eyeglasses online from the best online glasses store in Canada. Wide range of prescription glasses and eyeglasses online start from $19.

francisj9
Francis J.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optically.ca?

Have a question about Optically.ca?