Optically.ca

Optically.ca has a consumer rating of 3.3 stars from 66 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Optically.ca ranks 22nd among Eyeglasses sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 57.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews.
  • UPDATE TO PREVIOUS REVIEW: I did finally get my glasses.
How would you rate Optically.ca?

“Nice colour nd unique”

Mel R.
10/13/20

Received fast. Not quiète the color mentionnnes but love the colour. I tried to find it gin to order and color but couldn't find it back. Unfortunately lost them during a winter storm wish the would have it back on stock. I tried another website and not satisfied at all... already ordered twice with optically and will do more for sue

“Scammers”

Corianne K.
9/18/20

I order back in May 2020 two pairs received them and they were very cheap one pair didn't arrive contacted the company and they said sorry that pair is no longer available then I paid even more for another pair then they sent it but it was not the one I ordered but a VERY cheap pair and I'm still waiting for my refund after sending them back and it's September 2020! Avoid these scammers at all costs!

customer service (10) glasses (38) prescription glasses (5)
steveb1457
August 5th, 2020

The cheapy frames ie $39 were twisted and could not be straightened with hot water. They took a full month to arrive. The better ones had 2 different color antireflective coatings and one lens has the wrong prescription. I am unable to access my prescription to verify it although the previous pair was correct. Also these frameless glasses were on hold for 2 months until I contacted them because they waned to upgrade to lenses for another 50 bucks. I never received a notice. The frameless had the stems set into the lens at different distances so they are not symetrical. Overall I will not order from them again.

melr58
October 13th, 2020

Received fast. Not quiète the color mentionnnes but love the colour.

shawnt180
October 13th, 2020

The glasses took about a week longer than normal but under these COVID circumstances I understand. Glasses are of good quality and will order again

arafats1
October 13th, 2020

I bought two pairs, Still Using second pair।. They're great with a great Price। Highly recommended. Would buy again.

coriannek
September 18th, 2020

tomh818
December 2nd, 2019

Poor customer service. Fail to reply to emails. Efforts to sell unnecessary upgrades. Ended up 6 weeks to get glasses. Lied to cover up delays.
I won't. Ever order from them again!.

shellyb187
October 16th, 2020

The only hard part was waiting for them to arrive! Love the purple lenses and rims. They are progressive lens so it takes longer, so worth the wait.

alans593
October 13th, 2020

Just as described and very fast shipping. Very pleased with my first pair so I ordered another pair for a third of the cost

kunjs
October 13th, 2020

The 100% refund guarantee is only for the frame and not on the lenses. My glasses though claimed to be made to the order were not perfect and was at first promised for full refund then denied claiming it was communicated in error. However after much persuasion they issued full refund at the end.

jawada16
October 14th, 2020

Great communication service and can't beat their prices. Totally satisfied with frame and lenses purchase.

heatherb384
July 14th, 2019

Great concept I loved the simplicity. I sent in a pair of sunglasses and had them made into prescription glasses. Highly recommend getting polarized.

erinl220
October 13th, 2020

Optically.ca makes it easy to shop for glasses at fair and reasonable prices with ease. The web page is easy to use and glasses shipped right to your door!

tp617
October 16th, 2020

Honestly I wish I read the reviews first. These guys are scammers. I've bought on-line before and had no issues with Clearly.ca. Anyone who has given a review with more than 1 star is liar. They don't inform you about your order. The glasses are crap and even worst they never contact you about anything. I would give them less than 1 if I could.

rachelr377
October 14th, 2020

Very affordable with great delivery so much better value then other places will def be going back for more

roberth1296
August 6th, 2019

Fast shipping. Great price. Decent product - though was surprised it came thru India and not Canada as website appeared it would.

howardg62
July 12th, 2019

I purchased two pairs of glasses, at different times, a pair of reading glasses and a pair of computer glasses.

Upon receipt of each pair, there was no adjustment required to the fit of the different frames and the quality of the two lenses were 'spot on' to the Optometrist's prescription. The fits were comfortable the the quality of my vision improved in each situation to the requirements prescribed.

Overall excellent value for my purchasing dollar and 100% satisfaction with my eyesight.

veronicak40
July 12th, 2019

This was my first time buying glasses online. Amazingly easy. Great selection! Super fast processing and delivery! Affordable! My glasses are perfect! My insurance company processed my claim without question. This is the only way to buy eye wear.

mrie
July 12th, 2019

Okay. Long shipping time. Doesnt keep my prescription on file. More expensive lenses than other sites. Will probably use again anyways since still much cheaper than in store

christophera179
August 7th, 2019

Awesome site. Good prices and affordable. Except it took longer on the shipping part and charge me extra $35 because they said my prescription is hard to make

paulk623
August 6th, 2019

I've bought four pairs of glasses from Optically.ca - three for me, and one pair for my daughter. One pair of glasses arrived with an issue, a missing screw. When I contacted Optically, they immediately responded and sent out a new frame and a small tool kit to allow me to swap my lenses out of the initial frame. The combination of great customer service, great pricing, and great glasses has sealed the deal for me - I won't buy glasses anywhere else.

peterl436
August 19th, 2019

I ordered a pair of progressives from Optically. Unfortunately their promise of 'Fast Delivery' and 'Order Status Updates via Email' are not true in my case. This has been the longest I have waited for pretty much any online purchase ever.
The company brands itself as a Canadian company, and as I live in the GTA I thought I'd try and support them. When I called the customer service line to inquire as to my order they informed me that my glasses 'had just cleared customs' so 'should be there in a day or two'. What?!? Why would the order need to clear customs if put together in Canada?
Several days later, my glasses are still not here. Perhaps this company is operating in a parallel universe where the planet revolves a little more slowly, but even then, why are there no e-mail updates as promised? The online order tracker does a woeful job of indicating status of the order once it has been 'dispatched'. I doubt that this online tracker is actually even a real representation of where the order is within the company as my trust in the organization as an online retailer is now extremely low.
I should have read the reviews before I ordered.
As posting this review requires a photo, here's a photo of a pair of glasses from another online retailer who I had a much better experience with several years ago.
If my glasses arrive I'll update this review with a note about the quality of the product. As of now though...
DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO ORDER FROM!

courtneys172
July 14th, 2019

I was very impressed with my glasses! They also broke a couple weeks after I received them and the company happily sent me a new pair without any problems at all! I was very happy! Wonderful quality and perfect customer service!

tomc794
March 31st, 2020

Please avoid at all cost. This company does not deliver what they promise. I ordered white prescription sunglasses which came as battleship grey. The frames were damaged and and the bifocal lenses where in crooked. The order was weeks late and their commitment to keep you up to date on the deliver is non-existent. Their website say they offer a complete refund if for any reason you are unhappy, untrue they do not. An agent just informed me that they fact don't even offer white frames yet the website shows just that. No refund, huge hassle. There are so many other great online optical places to deal with so just avoid.

jm409
September 18th, 2017

Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews. When in fact, they fall quite short of everything they promise.

After reviewing their website I decided to go ahead and make a purchase, however, knowing what I know now, I probably would not have. On their home page, they have an image from sitejabber.com claiming 4.5 out of 5 star reviews, however, that review is not for optically.ca, perhaps it is for their New Zealand website optically.co.nz. Their website also says that they will provide updates via email & text message at every stage of your order processing/shipping, however, I did not receive any of these messages. Overall, they fell quite short of the service described on their website.

When I initially placed my order, I received two order confirmation emails, however, they both had the same order #. I contacted them right away to ensure I would not be charged twice and not receive two pairs of RX Sunglasses. I got an email back assuring me that my order was placed once. It turned out I was in fact charged twice on my credit card. From when I initially contacted Opically regarding the double charge, it took them 7 days to agree I had been charged twice and agree to issue a credit.

The prescription sunglasses I ordered came in soft packaging, with no box to protect it. As a result, during shipping, the actual case of my glasses was totally destroyed. When I complained to Opically I was told I could have a $4.95CAD refund, or a new case shipped. I requested a new case. It has been over a month since they said they would send me a new case, and I still have not received one.

Additionally, please be aware, Optically.ca is not located in Canada. My sunglasses were first shipped from the United States to a location in Ontario, and then re-shipped to me in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I will say, the prescription sunglasses I received were as advertised, and I am happy with them. However, due to all of the other headaches, I would not purchase from Optically.ca again. I found the customer service to be extremely poor and not what I would expect from an online company.

Tip for consumers:
Make sure you do your research and know all the facts before purchasing.

nickp174
July 13th, 2019

The frame choices at Optically are pretty good compared to other online retailers. Prices and shipping time were decent too.

It's legit. I bought 2 pairs in 2 years. They're great.No issues. Lenses were fitted according to the prescription.

By Arafat S.