Optically.ca

Optically.ca has a consumer rating of 3.2 stars from 69 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Optically.ca ranks 26th among Eyeglasses sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 53.3%

No positive highlights yet

• Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews.
  • UPDATE TO PREVIOUS REVIEW: I did finally get my glasses.
How would you rate Optically.ca?

“Nice colour nd unique”

Mel R.
10/13/20

Received fast. Not quiète the color mentionnnes but love the colour. I tried to find it gin to order and color but couldn't find it back. Unfortunately lost them during a winter storm wish the would have it back on stock. I tried another website and not satisfied at all... already ordered twice with optically and will do more for sue

“Proper scam website”

Myrsha E.
3/6/21

I actually ordered a pair of glasses two months ago and I haven't heard a thing from them - no confirmation, no order update nothing. They still charged me on my credit card the day after I ordered though so that's just fantastic. I don't know what the other reviewers are saying but as far my experience is concerned, I'd say it's a proper scam site. Do not recommend.

customer service (10) glasses (38) prescription glasses (5)
myrshae
March 6th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Do not use this website. It's a scam.

Products used:
I did not receive a product at all. It's been two months

kunjs
October 13th, 2020

The 100% refund guarantee is only for the frame and not on the lenses. My glasses though claimed to be made to the order were not perfect and was at first promised for full refund then denied claiming it was communicated in error. However after much persuasion they issued full refund at the end.

wjd
April 24th, 2021

Took over a month to receive my prescription sunglasses. Very disappointed. One lens is glued so crookedly into the frames that you can see the top of the lens outside the frame. Extremely cheap looking & feeling. Disgusted that they cost $200 & look like I got them at dollerama.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy here. A rip-off off.

Prescription sunglasses

coriannek
September 18th, 2020

I order back in May 2020 two pairs received them and they were very cheap one pair didn't arrive contacted the company and they said sorry that pair is no longer available then I paid even more for another pair then they sent it but it was not the one I ordered but a VERY cheap pair and I'm still waiting for my refund after sending them back and it's September 2020! Avoid these scammers at all costs!

shawnt180
October 13th, 2020

The glasses took about a week longer than normal but under these COVID circumstances I understand. Glasses are of good quality and will order again

steveb1457
August 5th, 2020

The cheapy frames ie $39 were twisted and could not be straightened with hot water. They took a full month to arrive. The better ones had 2 different color antireflective coatings and one lens has the wrong prescription. I am unable to access my prescription to verify it although the previous pair was correct. Also these frameless glasses were on hold for 2 months until I contacted them because they waned to upgrade to lenses for another 50 bucks. I never received a notice. The frameless had the stems set into the lens at different distances so they are not symetrical. Overall I will not order from them again.

shellyb187
October 16th, 2020

The only hard part was waiting for them to arrive! Love the purple lenses and rims. They are progressive lens so it takes longer, so worth the wait.

tp617
October 16th, 2020

Honestly I wish I read the reviews first. These guys are scammers. I've bought on-line before and had no issues with Clearly.ca. Anyone who has given a review with more than 1 star is liar. They don't inform you about your order. The glasses are crap and even worst they never contact you about anything. I would give them less than 1 if I could.

tomc794
March 31st, 2020

Please avoid at all cost. This company does not deliver what they promise. I ordered white prescription sunglasses which came as battleship grey. The frames were damaged and and the bifocal lenses where in crooked. The order was weeks late and their commitment to keep you up to date on the deliver is non-existent. Their website say they offer a complete refund if for any reason you are unhappy, untrue they do not. An agent just informed me that they fact don't even offer white frames yet the website shows just that. No refund, huge hassle. There are so many other great online optical places to deal with so just avoid.

allyem
May 19th, 2021

I have placed items for sale on UsedVictoria.com - I am -constantly- receiving scam emails from people giving the mailing address for Optically.ca in Ontario. What they do is they act interested, then say "Oh i need you to ship the item to someone in Ontario!" and each and every single time, they give their mailing address. What they do is they send you a faked Interact e-transfer, expecting you to ship before they release funds. Don't do it. All through gmail accounts (which have been reported) and all through faked Scotiabank e-transfers. It's all from an Ambler Drive address. Just stay clear. If you need glasses, go to a reputable site such as Clearly.ca or anywhere else BUT these folks. If they attempted to scam me, chances are they are scamming others as well. Just don't do it. Also heads up, banks do not require proof of shipping before sending money through e-transfer. Just, stay clear. If they can attempt to scam me, they will scam you.

Tip for consumers:
Stay far away. If they attempt to scam me, they will scam you

Products used:
Nothing because they tried to scam me 3x but I didn't fall for it.

nikolair5
January 18th, 2020

My glasses have never arrived and store support didn't want to do anything about it. I was waiting 2 month before finally contacting them and all they had to say is that my glasses have arrived and I have to kindly check the mailbox... Very poor customer support and overpriced stock. Never gonna order from them again.

melr58
October 13th, 2020

Received fast. Not quiète the color mentionnnes but love the colour.

arafats1
October 13th, 2020

I bought two pairs, Still Using second pair।. They're great with a great Price। Highly recommended. Would buy again.

oxg
February 29th, 2020

Terrible. Ripoff company. Don't shop here. They can't deliver... very very slow customer 'service'.

Good luck getting what you ordered... i never did...

heatherb384
July 14th, 2019

Great concept I loved the simplicity. I sent in a pair of sunglasses and had them made into prescription glasses. Highly recommend getting polarized.

roberth1296
August 6th, 2019

Fast shipping. Great price. Decent product - though was surprised it came thru India and not Canada as website appeared it would.

alans593
October 13th, 2020

Just as described and very fast shipping. Very pleased with my first pair so I ordered another pair for a third of the cost

gails445
April 7th, 2020

I bought glasses from Optically.ca and they were terrible. The frames I ordered were not the ones I got. I paid for wager thin lenses and they were not thin. The frames were also crooked. I contacted them and they said they were made to my specifications. I have worn glasses for most of my life and have never had lenses this thick or heavy. I sent pictures of my glasses now and what they sent and they said it was what I ordered and they could refund me my frames but only 50% of the lenses. They advertise 100% unconditional guarantee if you are not happy. Well I was refunded only 50% of the lenses. Please do not order from this company, they do not back up the refund policy.
Disappointed customer.

nicl21
December 13th, 2019

Avoid at all cost, they are not cheap but both their service and quality are terrible. I feel sorry not coming to this site and read others review.

just DO NOT buy from them

glasses

jawada16
October 14th, 2020

Great communication service and can't beat their prices. Totally satisfied with frame and lenses purchase.

lisar601
August 19th, 2019

I don't know if other countries get better service, but in Canada you can wait a LONG time, not because of the parent company, but because of the horrible distributor they have here. It's obviously a home business that no one is in charge of and should be avoided. Also noticed a HUGE price increase on the lenses, and my frames were nothing worth this type of bad service. There are WAY better sites than this. Good luck.

nyxl
September 27th, 2019

Ordering with this supposedly "canadian" company has been a nightmare.

First off- my glasses came from CHINA. Not Canada. I ordered here instead of Clearly.ca specifically cuz they heavily imply that the company and products are Canadian. I guess they have offices all over the world.
Second-glasses came in, after contacting customer service multiple times for a tracking number, i finally got one and the glasses arrived the next day (fast shipping from China atleast, 3days.)
3rd- glasses were crappy quality, frames were uneven and did not protect from the sun (ordered prescription glasses) at all.
Talked to someone and was finally agreed to refund me after i send them back to Toronto from Vancouver (postage paid out of my own pocket for this.)

Bottom line is that the product was crap and the customer service is hit or miss. 2 people ive talked to have been very helpful and understand what im saying and 2 others have been useless, like they just "smile and nod" but dont actually listen to or care about what youre saying. In the end, i have ordered a pair of similar prescription sunglasses from Clearly.ca for $10 less and will never stray from them again.

mrie
July 12th, 2019

Okay. Long shipping time. Doesnt keep my prescription on file. More expensive lenses than other sites. Will probably use again anyways since still much cheaper than in store

tomh818
December 2nd, 2019

Poor customer service. Fail to reply to emails. Efforts to sell unnecessary upgrades. Ended up 6 weeks to get glasses. Lied to cover up delays.
I won't. Ever order from them again!.

hd59
April 6th, 2018

The glasses were never shipped - no one replies from the company through email anymore (they only reply in the first two weeks that your order is almost complete but then stops responding)- its been 6 weeks now- was promised 10-12 business days dispatch - It's a fraud company or may be just sends out 10% of the orders they receive to scam majority of people.

Scam company. Please see my review. They have people using their address to rip people off.

By Allye M.