OpenOffice.org

OpenOffice.org has a consumer rating of 4.56 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. OpenOffice.org also ranks 3rd among Open Source sites.

• The best part is that the software they offer is comparable to Microsoft Office.
  • It is totally free, you can use Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint and it is totally compatible with other computers.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OpenOffice.org?

“Great alternative to MS Office”

Marcel C.
4/13/17

In my early days when I started in my business I've had to go by a limited budget and needed such type of tools. The Open Office suite has everything a small company might need in terms of office software and it does the job well.

“OMG”

Andrey L.
7/19/11

OMG. I had the most annoying experience with Open Office. I would give it one star if it costed anything. First off just from the look of it, it look very outdated, compare the newest one OpenOffice to Word 2010 and you'll know what I mean. I strongly recommend getting Microsoft Word 2010 or 2007 at least instead of OpenOffice. I know Word is around 100 dollars but I used OpenOffice and I bought Word b/c I disliked it so much. Microsoft = User FRIENDLY. OpenOffice = User ATTACKER

microsoft office (9) microsoft word (5) microsoft products (3) ms office (6)
donnap45
April 11th, 2016
We have used this program in between computers going down, it was great, otherwise we would of had to spend an extra 200 bucks. That's a lot of dollars for a small business. It was very handy, similar to most big budget word processing programs.
jamesp199
January 12th, 2016
OpenOffice has been the free alternative to Microsoft Office suite for quite awhile now. Very Powerful Office tools at no cost whatsoever.
bethr18
August 28th, 2015
Switched to Microsoft Office Word because it's better
dianad28
May 11th, 2015
Easy to use, perfect alternative to Microsoft Office. Best part, it's free.
chrisj34
March 10th, 2013
Why are you paying a lot? You can freely download, and use Open Office. It is very user friendly.
zoes1
January 17th, 2011
This is great for mac users. The mac does not come with microsoft word. You can download this program for free on their website. You can save documents in microsoft compatible format. You can also open microsoft documents.

Questions? Get answers from the OpenOffice.org staff and other customers.

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpenOffice.org?

Have a question about OpenOffice.org?