OpenOffice.org

OpenOffice.org has a consumer rating of 4.56 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. OpenOffice.org also ranks 3rd among Open Source sites.

• The best part is that the software they offer is comparable to Microsoft Office.
  • It is totally free, you can use Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint and it is totally compatible with other computers.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OpenOffice.org?

“As all the reviews say..”

Justus B.
2/19/17

As all the reviews say - its a good free alternative for MS Office. I completely agree with that. Especially that comes in handy during some trips when due to some circumstanses you need a PC with Office isntalled, and for instance the hotel has onnly the PC (yup, I go on vacations gadget-free). I recommend!

“OMG”

Andrey L.
7/19/11

OMG. I had the most annoying experience with Open Office. I would give it one star if it costed anything. First off just from the look of it, it look very outdated, compare the newest one OpenOffice to Word 2010 and you'll know what I mean. I strongly recommend getting Microsoft Word 2010 or 2007 at least instead of OpenOffice. I know Word is around 100 dollars but I used OpenOffice and I bought Word b/c I disliked it so much. Microsoft = User FRIENDLY. OpenOffice = User ATTACKER

microsoft office (9) microsoft word (5) microsoft products (3) ms office (6)
jacobf28
June 16th, 2016
I really like the fact that we have a free substitute for Microsoft Office. It can do many of the things that Microsoft Office can do, and -some may argue that- because of it's Shareware state, third-party programmers have come together to allow you to do even more. This makes it a really nice option for your office files.

Although the program is nice, there is one huge thing that has docked 2 stars from the shareware program: speed. It is the clunkiest, slowest thing that I have ever had to work with and I have a really fast computer!
nexusm
July 17th, 2015
I'm not sure why Open Office is unable to create a functional spell checker. Its spellchecker misses at least 75% of errors which are detected by simple browsers such as Firefox. This means I have to copy and paste entire documents into my browser to check for errors. Fix the errors in the browser, copy the corrected version, and paste it back into open office.

This product would easily get five stars if they fixed the spell checker. I would gladly donate or pay for the product in return. Open Office could charge at least $20 if they had a functional spell checker because it would be as good as MS Office at less than half the price.
jessicaw44
March 9th, 2015
Not excellent but ok. 3 stars.

Questions? Get answers from the OpenOffice.org staff and other customers.

The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpenOffice.org?

Have a question about OpenOffice.org?