OnePlus

OnePlus has a consumer rating of 3.5 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. OnePlus also ranks 55th among Mobile Phones sites. The most common issues with OnePlus are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate OnePlus?

“OnePlus 5T”

Sam R.
12/12/18

I am confident about this phone, I use it almost for one year still stable and have no any issue. Very fast, good charging time no hung up. Very nice device. All you can dream off for date delivered and price range. I would appreciate such specs on a smaller phone though, but I guess actual trends is not going that way for the moment.

“OnePlus Phone - Do NOT BUY”

Elie B.
3/5/18

While the phone reviews are very good, behold should you have any problem with the phone!. Customer service in China is nothing like we expect in the US. They reply promptly but their actions fall short. A month after I purchased the phone I realized that the speaker phone mic did not work. The companys policy is only 15 days return so I was forced to send (and pay for shipping) the phone for repair to their authorized service in Texas. The phone was returned after a week with more problems than it had when I started. The mic worked OK but now the Bluetooth did not function and they broke the protective cover I installed on the screen. After three weeks of trying to fix the problem via EMAIL (only no live tech support) instructions I was unable to get the phone to work and the company would not offer any solution to the problem. I loved the phone and was willing to accept a replacement but company policies are so rigid that even a senior manager was not able to approve replacement unit or return. I ended up returning the phone and refusing the charge through my credit card company. The case is not over yet as the company is rejecting my return and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE in site. I would not buy anything from this company until they learn how to provide American style customer Service and have their own service department.

samr209
December 12th, 2018
elieb17
March 5th, 2018
mamtak1
April 17th, 2016
Dear All, (To someone who is planning to buy any phone from One Plus)

I bought a One Plus One in Jan 2016 and after 2 months my faulty charger bursted you know why i used it for another phone and who on this planet doesn't use any charger with their phones in case of an emergency if you are running low on your phone battery. Please note the charger was faulty from the company's side. Because again and again when i tried to explain it to the company and their staff they have accused me saying that its a physical damage so that they can take some more money from their already cheated customers and an add on to this is that the "Privacy and Legal" section on the One Plus website states that no accessories would be changed if physically damaged or damaged because of any kind of fluid. The above statement on the website was stated as below:
The limited warranty does not cover:
i. Defects or damage resulting from accidents, neglect, misuse or abnormal use; abnormal conditions or improper storage; exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand, or dirt; unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
ii. Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by OnePlus.
iii. Defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of metallic objects on the touch screen.
iv. Devices that have the serial number or the IMEI number removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
v. Ordinary wear and tear.
vi. Defects or damage resulting from the use of the Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by OnePlus.
vii. Any physical feature defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by OnePlus.
viii. Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
ix. Defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses and other software problems introduced into the Product.
x. Products not purchased from oneplus.net.

Now I completely agree to the statement that any kind of physical damage shall not be covered under warranty but One plus didnt mention what kind of Physical Damage shall not be covered. Now they termed my accessory damage as Physical damage, Do you really think I am so stupid to damage my charger to such an extent that it just bursted. Does any one is too keen on taking this $#*! from the service centre and then the customer service agents leaving all their work aside.
So Now When I go to the service centre (Thane Location) they ill treated me by raising their voice and talking to me and also by throwing the USB and some more such gestures. When i mail them about my problem, Some of the agent again tells me to go there and call the customer care to get it resolved.
I like a fool convinced by them somehow reach there after travelling for one hour (Mind you, Only two or three service centres in Mumbai in different corners of the world), There i get to talk to Mr. Raghu who is the most ill mannered customer service i have ever come across. Who raises his voice on the call and is not too keen on helping, may be just sitting there and hatching eggs.

Also, One more of the staff from technical team says that its a physical damage and cannot be covered by the company, then he says i dont know what has happened to your charger so i cannot change it i am sorry, The FRAUD Company is not responsible. Because this guy who doesn't know how to communicate also doesn't know whats the fault. rather then helping us find out the solution. He is trying to clear his and his company's ass off this $#*!.
Also, Refer the pictures below, Mr Vijay Krishna Perabathula, who insisted me to go to service centre to waste my time, was not available when everything happened.

Please reconsider before buying anything from them, they will keep taking money for all their faulty products till you use them and will not be responsible for anything that happens to your phone and accessories because they will claim it to be your mistake or physical damage. Because they will make you slog and cry for mere Rs.200 USB.

PLEASE DONOT BUY IT.. DONT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS FRAUD COMPANY.........
abdulrhmanm
July 6th, 2017
One of the worst customer service after purchasing, just makes sure that you pay with PayPal so you can secure if they don't want to help. You can dispute a ticket to force them. Otherwise. Good and nice products.
kasial1
August 29th, 2017
Weve bought 4 phones from OnePlus over the years and have been very happy with all of them. The OnePlus One from 2014 still works flawlessly and Ive just upgraded it now to the OnePlus 5 for more space. We also have the OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X being used in the family. You cant beat their price for the specs and the solid build of the phones. I dont know how many times Ive dropped the OnePlus One and it still looks brand new.

Questions? Get answers from the OnePlus staff and other customers.

OnePlus creates beautifully designed products with premium build quality & brings the best technology to users around the world. No tradeoffs, we #NeverSettle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnePlus?

Have a question about OnePlus?