Review of NitroTek

company@nitrotek.co.uk

114 reviews with 1 star

grahamh48
12/11/17
DON'T GO NEAR THIS COMPANY! Thus company is a cash first and forget operation.
They are masively helpful in choosing a product. They ship it really quickly, but god help you if there is a problem.

I ordered a 1/5 scale truck and when it arrived the nightmare started. The paintwork was scratched and badly gouged in multiple areas.
The finish of the vehicle was shocking. The front bumper looked like it had been glued on with papermashe. The vehicle looked and smelled like it had been used. I took it to a reputable shop to have it checked out and the merchant confirmed it was a used vehicle after stripping it and looking at internal parts.
So at worst they are selling returned stock as new???

The vehicle had rust on its metal parts as well.
When I tried to return it they refused to handle the issue via telephone. Every communication has to be with their customer service department via email.
Multiple pictures were sent of the defects yet absolutely no recognition of the faults has been forthcoming.

Generic emails are their standard reply. They say they will resolve issues in 10 working days. So if you have a problem expect to be left in the dark at every turn and expect generic and worthless email responses.

This company is mortally bankrupt. They employ a tactic of pushing the limits of consumer law to their very extreme limits. My opinion is that they do this so if you ever have to return something again you would rather just settle for what you get than go through the absolute nightmare of dealing with them again.

A very effective tactic as I will never deal with them again.
I await them to put one foot wrong in this nightmare and the small claims court will be my first stop.

Letters are on route to PayPal and Oubodsman. This company is a joke. Don't go near them.
jooooss
11/23/17
You will not receive your goods. Please note customers are offered £5 for a review BEFORE they have their products so ignore the positives. Nitrotek has taken my money!
karenw250
11/8/17
AFTER TAKING A LONG TIME TO BUILD THE RC BUGGY, DUE TO ALL PARTS BEING INCORRECTLY PACKED AND RUBBISH MANUAL, I HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT. CONTACTED THEM AND I HAVE TO SAY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING, VERY RUDE AND ABRUPT, YOU ARE BLAMED FROM THE INITIAL EMAIL RESPONSE AND THAT THEME CARRIES ON, NO GESTURE OF GOOD WILL WHATSOEVER, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY AND EXPLAIN IT IS YOUR FAULT AND BASICALLY TOUGH LUCK AND TO FURTHER PURCHASE FROM THEIR WEBSITE FOR FAULTY PARTS. WELL SHOVE IT COWBOYS I WILL PURCHASE ELSEWHERE. YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IN BUSINESS AND FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM OTHER REVIEWS YOU WILL SOON HAVE TRADING STANDARDS ON YOUR BACK AND SO YOU DESERVE.
adamw115
11/8/17
Order #100054154
Purchased a gift for a work colleague for 10 years of service. Promised next day delivery, 6 days on - nothing arrived. Having spoken to customer service again, promised next day delivery - still nothing! Very embarrassing to have nothing on the day! Been told someone will phone back with an update - nobody bothered...
Avoid!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother!

stans57
10/25/17
Please read reviews online and you will find that this company will mess you around when they send out unchecked and damaged goods...They will then stick you in a queuing system and mess you around for days / weeks ....so happy to take your money but definitely not happy to help when they send out damaged goods total joke of a company and I would avoid at all cost ...I know I will never buy anything from them again as I had to open a dispute via PayPal as there demands were out of order as they tried to get the goods back without sending a replacement !!!!!! I hope others follow and take the time to read reviews and not fall into the nitrotec trap.....Must add dear Tom at nitrotec seems to find matters so funny all I can say is avoid at all cost....
davidp396
10/12/17
Purchased RC Car. Motor failed on day 1 of being used. Nitrotek told me (quote) "We sell hobby grade products and part of the hobby is model maintenance and replacing worn, broken or upgrade-able parts." I insisted they repair or refund. They send a replacement motor, which did not work as needed to be wired differently. Also their instructions for replacing the motor were incorrect. Returned item for refund. From then on they took on a really caustic tone and became utterly acerbic and rude. This went on over a considerable amount of time, and in my view they were clearly breaching the UK Consumer Rights Act. They were saying I could not have a full refund because the car had been used and was no longer in a as-new condition. It had been used for 30 minutes before the motor blew. In the end accepted a slightly reduced refund just to close the matter and stop contact with them - which I believe was their tactic from the start. This has been the worst customer service in terms of rudeness etc I have experienced, and I would strongly recommend going elsewhere.
lesh31
9/24/17
My first advice, and words would be, if you are an easy going person, who hates stress, and having to deal with rude, arrogant, and self righteous consumer law swerving companies, avoid these guys at your peril.
~
At 62 years old, and very experienced in the world of rc planes, I am a very easy going amicable guy, not quite what you would call nasty or cynical, but, from my own experience, and googling similar scenarios to my own, would be very very suspect that a lot of reviews for this company may be self written to keep the numbers up.
I bought a rc plane, the motor seized on 1st flight, and they said it was my fault, I should have informed them upon delivery day it was faulty.
Very hard to do when it is supplied in kit form.
I found the communication from them, and the tone of messages, more than rude, and not at all customer friendly. ~
IT IS YOUR FAULT - YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS - YOU HAVE NO WARRANTY -
Well Mr Nitrotek, This is England and yes i do, you sold me faulty goods, I have consumer rights and buyer protection through PayPal, so I will be having my £140 back whether you like it or not.
I can only say, in a hope I may help someone else who may possibly fall into the trap of a nice looking website ~ BUYER BEWARE ~ AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ~ GOOGLE REVIEWS OF THIS COMPANY BEFORE you give them your hard earned cash.
I really do hope this stops anyone falling into my scenario, but don't worry about me I WILL WIN. 100% XX
joeb335
8/4/17
Order no 300014636. 4th August 2017.

Good price and quick postage. However, my rc car does not work and you cannot phone up to speak to anyone. Instead a online ticketing system is used which means you have to wait up to 24rs for a response. The response was then not relevant to my car model and no different to what i had already read on the internet and mentioned in my original query. After replying I then have to wait an age for a reply back again hence a simple conversation could take days to complete. I then read the terms and I have to pay my own return postage which potentially will be refunded if nitrotek decide to do so.

Looking at review sites poor after sales care is a common theme so since I gave up waiting for another response I went to paypal and raised a complaint there. I immediately got an automated response from nitrotek with a credit memo, with the cheek to deduct an "adjustment fee" of £2.79. Not big money but the principle is shocking. In all, if you want any kind of after sales service avoid this company and pay a little extra from a local model shop. This is really annoying as I really like the look of the car but after sales service this bad just shouldn't happen in the 21st century.

UPDATE: it's now 21st August and I still have no refund. I was offered a Paypal refund of the initial money, but told them I would not close the dispute until my return postage cost is reimbursed. The transmitter was found to be faulty.
craigc82
7/26/17
Order # 300014060. I carried out pre run checks as advised by the user manual. One point on the manual advises to check that all screws and volts are secure. The problem with this is that for many components, particularly around the steering area, these parts should not be too tight and actually over tightening them can cause damage to the parts. So I made sure that all parts were secure and screws and volts in place before the first run.
After 15 mins of the first run I had noticed that the front wheel wasn't on properly and this was affecting the control of the car. I immediately stopped and inspected. It seems that a screw connecting the steering mount to the steering hub was loose. Although I could put the screw back in it easily became loose again and become lost. So I took the car to a model shop for a replacement screw but was advised that the issue occurred because the steering hub had inadequate threading. A while later, when inspecting the car the dog bone dropped off the same wheel. I noticed some damage to it which must have been associated with the steering hub becoming loose.
So I contacted Nitrotek after sales support to tell them what had happened. I had requested a replacement steering hub, replacement dog bone and screw to fix the steering hub. At first all seemed well because they had sent me a replacement steering hub relatively quickly. However, after 2 weeks of communication, Nitrotek had decided that they would not send me a replacement dog bone because they claimed that the damage would not have occurred if I had followed the pre run checks. I put to them that I had done the check and that the damage was caused to the dog bone as a result of the faulty steering hub with insufficient threading for the screw. They continue to insist that the damage caused was my fault and keep refering to the pre run checks as an excuse not to provide the replacement parts. So I have had to order the replacement parts at my own expense direct from Nitrotek because you can't get them from anywhere else.
The after sales team are not interested in providing services under warranty and just want you to spend more money fixing the problem. I have saved them money because I could have insisted that the car is returned for them to fix. However I would not even trust them to return the car now after my experience with the after sales support. A real shame!
paulh287
7/24/17
Bought a rc car fuel was leeking and oil leaked from shock adsorbors , took ages with emails complaining they took it back to test it, said I had unscrewed screws on shocks, which I hadn't couldn't find a leak, said I has used a lot and worn tyres brock a clip on fuel tank wanted twenty five pounds to repair. They wouldn't refund , the car was poor quality and not fit for purpose, I'm having to pay ten pounds to get car back. I'm never using them again advise to avoid them and go to specialists hobby, shop where you can get good advise and see a person.
sharronc7
7/19/17
Son put all his birthday money together and was so excited but truck wouldn't work. Couldn't talk to anyone. Finally they advised to warm with a hairdryer (strange advice). still didn't work. Had to pay £26 to send back. They checked + said it worked and wouldn't refund as we'd sent back with fuel in and he had spilt onto packaging. We had to put fuel to try to start it! If anyone has had success with small claims court, please can they give me any advice.
ja35323
7/19/17
Like many others I purchased an item for my sons birthday but this was faulty from the start. They have no phone lines to actually speak to anyone, only via online support tickets which takes ages to gain responses from. I sent the item back which has been inspected by there technician and guess what, it has no faults and they will not refund any money. The rc car does not turn so I don't understand how they can say this. Will be taking this to the small claims court. STAY AWAY!!!

Tip for consumers: STAYAWAY

garethb4
6/26/17
BEWARE!!!! First the reviews on here you will all see have a purchase order on them, this is a bribe before you have the product for a £5 credit to leave a false positive review. Search other websites and you will see ONLY negative reviews, you cannot talk to anyone from customer service or repairs. I tried to collect 2 items for my sons birthday they said no problem bring ID, totally fair, when I got there I showed my ID which was a passport and utility bill, they then said they wanted to scan my passport and utility bill; with those two document scanned I have given away my identify plus you are not allowed to scan a passport unless you can prove you have encrypted and secure facilities like a solicitor etc. Go to the unit and you would not want to give them your address the way they treat you leaving you in a hallway.

My I suggest it is safer going on a well known auction site and you will have security. My problem now is 3 days later I do not have my sons birthday present!!!

Their reason for scanning my passport was they wanted a picture; I told them you are fine to take my picture, take details from my passport but not actually take it out of my sight and scan it. They leave you in a hall of an old mill and shut the service counter hole so you have no idea. Service and customer relations are zero. I have reported to the Police and Trading standards.

Their help, they cancelled my order so I am now struggling to get my son his birthday present on time. So disappointing as they are a local company and I would rather support local always but not in this case.

Companies need to protect themselves from fraud understandable but this is not acceptable, can you think of any time you have bought online and collected where they want to not look at your ID but scan it. This is also against the data protection act.

I even phone to try and speak to someone in sales and they were not interested, the person on the next desk would not speak to me. Remember also I went in person, imagine if you do not live local!!!
richw24
6/14/17
I spent £479.00 on a R/C car. It arrived all ok but after 1 run, I've had endless electrical problems. The company say on their website that they honour a returns, refund policy but they don't.

You can't phone them and they've ignored all requests for a refund through their online system.

I'm now stuck with an unusable car.

Can't believe they are allowed to operate in this way. It's supposed to be against the law.
richardw228
6/1/17
I've just bought a petrol buggy for my son.

This company has so many bad reviews that I wished I had checked out. The product I purchased is of poor quality even though it was the most expensive r/c car at £479.00.

It has had so many faults and the company are totally non contactable by phone and have totally ignored my refund request. AWFUL! Please do not take the risk. There are lots of alternative shops.
martind66
5/25/17
There is nothing good or honest about this company. Great hobby to have, don't spoil it through trying to deal with these guys. Wrong parts sent, missing parts sent, secondhand parts sent but charged full price. All round shocking
paule235
5/23/17
having paid in full received phone call for extra five pounds for extra big parcel NOT HAPPY..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
jonm98
4/18/17
I purchased a remote control car for my son's birthday, from the start it has never worked.
I am trying to get a refund under the companies well publicised 14 day no quibble returns policy. UTTER CRAP!!! They are not interested in helping you when things don't work, they are putting up barriers to giving my money back, they don't care about how upset my son is and ruining his birthday. There has no been one word of apology or remorse from them. They really don't give a damn once they take your money. OMAR FARRA is the director running this cowboy outfit.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN OR HIS COMPANIES, UTTER IGNORANT COWBOYS!!!!
mattp71
2/14/17
Bought online after calling to check they were in stock. Waited and waited, only to be told they were out of stock. this happened twice, wont be using them again.
waynew46
2/11/17
Ordered the condor pro ( pro stand for professional it can't lol ) usual pattern as described hundreds of times on these review sites,my experience buggy steering servo crunching and very unresponsive literally after 15 mins run time no crashes no user error . The exhaust gasket hanging off of 1 side emitting fuel & oil all over the buggy, bit disappointing but nothing that can't be repaired or so I thought, now starts the trouble ? Contacted nitrotek via e mail , usual pattern waited 4 days for reply, asks for more info so respond another 4 + 5 days for reply. They asked me to send photos of car issues which I done straight away you guessed it no response they stall you and try to drag it out as long as possible. They then pass all responsibility of faults on to the user and go down the route of user error. I was lucky I stopped dealing with em and contacted pay pal I did get full refund & postage refund aswell. In my experience your are handing over your hard earned cash to a ( company) , who to be frank don't really care and are quit happy not to help or resolve any issues you WILL have with your purchase. Avoid
julianh30
2/8/17
My experience of Nitrotek (relating to support case 44385 is disgusting). They sell faulty goods, after sales only via email (they say there is no phones.. how convenient!), Item under a month old and faulty, so under warranty, they force us to pay for return postage, their responses are dishonest, and basically trying to steal my money... DO NOT SHOP here.. I'M DISGUSTED at how dishonest they are!
andrewa63
2/2/17
Customer service is shocking to say the least, they will try anything to not pay up on returns, please keep proof of postage and photograph any faults/damage
antm4
1/23/17
I am over £300 pound out of pocket and still after 3 month am trying to get e refund that i paid postage on. This was a birthday present for my son which broke after 12 mins of running in. Not a professional, respectfull company.
danielf88
1/16/17
Bought a Backwash Pro from these guys. Had a few problems with this car from the get go, idle screw had not been set up properly and the car ran away popping a rear dogbone out. Thought I had lost an O ring but when I stripped down the other side they hadn't even bothered to install O rings.

I hand delivered the car back to them for repairs In November and was told to expect a two week turn around. It got to December and they told me to expect it to be 4 weeks (I had to chase them, they didn't bother to inform me of any delays)

It's now January the 16th and I'm still having to chase them, and honestly I am going to be contacting my bank and the CBA to pursue a full refund.
harryl46
1/13/17
Honestly don't use nitrotek

The worst service I have ever had

Truly awful experience and service, wished I had read the reviews, looks like I'm not alone, other review sites they get a huge number of the negative reviews removed

It's crazy they have not been shut down

How many more poor folk will be conned out of there money with cheap unreliable products with ZERO customer service or any care from this awful company y

Stay away you have been warned!!

Tip for consumers: Please don't use this company

Hi Chloe You can only deal this this dodgy outfit by email and good luck it will be your fault it's broke. Thanks john Am still trying 1 year on ha

By John t.

U can't fone them. Message & wait upto 48hr for reply, its not nice when u spend £100s on a new hobby

By Darren M.

Good man. I think they are scum, modelsport all the way nitrotek in desperation

By Darren M.

Hi, if you have any questions about delivery times please contact support@nitrotek.co.uk

By Lauren K., NitroTek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the NitroTek staff and other customers.

14 Photos for NitroTek