Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

abigailm60
7/3/19

The service from start to finish was exemplary and the cake looked and tasted great.

Abi M

sonian16
6/21/19

My husband wanted to surprise me for my birthday with a cake. When it arrived it was misshapen despite the box being in perfect condition and well wrapped internally which suggest that it was like that before posting it was placed in the box. The horse is missing ears, the women looks like a male top half. Then to find out it cost over £100! Is not good. Extremely disappointed

lucyc97
6/16/19

Thank you so much for making a fantastic birthday cake for our daughter's 2nd birthday.
It looked great and tasted even better and I've received a lot of compliments about it. I would definitely contact you again for our next occasion and recommend you to anyone in need of a good cake :-)

shaunb59
6/10/19

It was my wife's surprise 40th birthday & I ordered the bag & shoe cake with the red velvet sponge which everyone commented how tasty & light the cake was the wife was over the moon with it.
I was starting to worry regarding the delivery as it was being delivered by a courier company & because I have worked in the industry for many years I have seen packages & boxes get thrown about so was beginning to think would my cake be in one piece but the box it came in was well packaged inside & the outside of the box had fragile written over it & also had cake written on it too & all that stress I was having I didn't need to worry at all as it was delivered 1st class & made it before midday delivery.
If I need a cake to be made I would always use New Cakes as was a great cake & great service.

amberc141
6/4/19

If I could give this less than 1 star I would. The whole cake was a joke. I ordered a lacrosse cake for a 21st birthday party and I could not put it out for the guests it was so bad. There was football players on it, the figure that was supposed to resemble my sister was insulting and the pitch was a football pitch not a lacrosse pitch. I called to express my disappointment and was promised £150 refund (I had paid £200). This was in April and now fast forward to June. They are not picking up the phone and have not replied to my email.

lorij85
5/24/19

NewCakes made the process of ordering a surprise cake for a special occasion from the other side of the world a breeze!
Thank you so much for going over & above great customer service to make our work collegues day even more special. Highly recommend NewCakes.

pauld560
5/23/19

Ordered a Game of Thrones Cake for a party - received a delicious cake, lovely light lemon sponge with lemon cream filling. Tasted superb. Unfortunately it was a day late and had some been damaged in transit.

vickir97
5/19/19

We have order two cakes every year for the last few years for our children's birthdays
The cakes always look amazing and the cakes themselves are lovely and light and the fillings are terrific
We have even started sending pictures of the cakes we would like to have made and have been delighted when they are arrive looking great
They arrive well protected, on time and we would not go anywhere else now
Vicki.

vics26
5/14/19

Ordered a cake for delivery for our sons 10 th bday pd£100 was extremely disappointed with the execution ,asked for special text and Mario character which were so small and insignificant,very very saddened by this experience cannot ever use this service again

shawnh155
4/30/19

Such a great service on time delivery and communication was good. The ingredient's also fresh and cake is amazing. Such a beautiful light sponge with chocolate filling and icing sugar with decoration is awesome.

sharong281
3/25/19

I had to order a batman cake for my son at super short notice, I was so dubious about ordering a cake online, so much can go wrong but NewCakes made it so simple to order a quick chat with Shay and everything was sorted. It arrived next day before 1 as I requested in an awesome box I could carry to the venue. The cake inside was perfect exactly what I wanted and the extra touches that NewCakes provided really put a smile on my face.

mariam684
1/26/19

I order and paid for an extra large cake that was supposed to suffice for 30-35 portions. My son's birthday party was the following day so I ordered it on Saturday just to ensure that it would arrive on time, which it did. Upon opening it I was utterly dismayed at the size of the cake. It is no larger than what you can buy at Tesco's - for a quarter of the price. Do not trust the size and portions as I got a ridiculously small cake and now have to find a substitute that would suffice 28 kids. Utterly shocked, dismayed and angry not to mention the stress I'm not supposed to have is on full force.

One would think that if people want to spread their business that they would at least endeavour to please their customers and not leave room for grievance - but this customer has nothing but grievance against this company - DO NOT TRUST THEM -

ayah11
11/19/18

The cake tasted incredibly amazing... such beautiful light sponge; the jam filling and icing with the rich flavour of it all was very mouthwatering. Highly recommend!

carolinel89
11/18/18

Absolutely amazing cake with fresh ingredients! It was delivered exactly on time and everyone loved it! Never has ordering a cake been so simple and easy. Great service, would highly recommend!

phoebeh7
11/18/18

I was slightly apprehensive about how a cake could be posted, but I was wrong to be worried! The cake arrived exactly on time within the promised one hour delivery slot and was so carefully packaged it was in immaculate condition. The cake itself was absolutely stunning with the lightest sponge and just tasted really fresh! I would definitely not hesitate to buy from New Cakes again, great customer service and even better cake :)

kellym453
11/18/18

I will definitely be recommending these guys! Fast delivery and the cake looked amazing! I will be purchasing one for my daughters 18th next year!

ryanc400
11/18/18

While not a cake person, I ordered a cake from Newcakes, it arrived timely and was packaged carefully. As said previously, I'm not a fan of cakes, but this cake was delicious and the sponge was lovely.

Can't speak any higher of the cakes from Newcakes, 5/5 would recommend.

sarahn162
10/31/18

I have now placed two orders with this company for work functions, the cakes have always come back beautifully decorated. Our staff really enjoyed the cakes and the team were very accommodating! Thank you

pramodb5
10/27/18

At a Cricket Awards ceremony, we ordered a bespoke cake for the 'Most Ducks in a Season'.

Sent a pic of the individual receiving the awards and the number of ducks he managed to get in the season.

It has to be said, when the prize was revealed, the whole room was in Hysterics. It was so well done, the detailing was superb. Completely Stole the Show.

Thank you New Cakes for your creativity and helping our event becoming a huge success.

geneviever10
10/26/18

Was trying to get some treats for my friend's birthday and they had the most delicious cake I've ever had. Would highly recommend it!

kuruschkam
10/18/18

After reading the reviews I wasn't sure but then I thought the good reviews outnumber the bad by a lot so I went ahead and ordered a paw patrol cake for a 3rd birthday party.

Wow!!!!!! I was so impressed with the service from the very first interaction with New Cakes. They were friendly and professional and helped me design a beautiful cake.

The cake arrived on time and was as stunning as I imagined it would be. Also tasted amazing...bonus!!!

I will definitely be using them again. It was well worth the price and everybody loved it, especially the birthday girl.

Thank you New Cakes!!!!

lorrained52
10/9/18

after reading some of the negative reviews I was scared as I had already ordered a cake from this company online. My experience with new Cakes was fantastic the cake arrived in excellent packaging no damage on time and tasted wonderful 5 stars to new cakes would use them again in an instant

amyh356
9/29/18

Ordered the flower cake for my Mum. Incredible! Excellent price, superb quality cake and great customer service. Can't recommend enough

paulal110
9/18/18

ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL. I ordered a cake for my daughter's 21st. It was a mess, the cake was not level and the gold drip looked like a child had done it. It was thick and heavy instead of dainty. I emailed a picture. What a waste of £80. I was in shock when I picked the cake up and emailed and phoned as soon as I got home to say how disappointed I was. The chocolate cake had no taste whatsoever so we binned it and made a box cake which was 100 times better. They said I took the cake so it was my fault and I should have complained then. I was given a 35% refund. NEVER EVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THESE CON ARTISTS

kelr4
9/13/18

I ordered a 2 tier cake for my son's 21st birthday celebration. The top tier isn't round and looks a bit loop-sided. The icing car was far too big that it is looks dispropportionate to the whole cake. While the icing 21 numbers were so small!. The baker is clueless as it is a 21st birthday, the numbers 21 should stand out!! When I cut into the cake, the icing on the cake was so too thick!! And worst of all, the cake was so dry!! I paid over 139.95 pounds for 2 round cakes that look so disgusting... I should have bought 2 plain cakes from any supermarket and would have impressed my guests. Ruin and spoil the whole celebration and fun for my son big day....Really disappointed and really angry.....

Hello, I would say from my experience they really deliver, I hope everything goes well for and you all have a fantastic celebration!

By Sharon G.
Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

10 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk