Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

mariam684
1/26/19

I order and paid for an extra large cake that was supposed to suffice for 30-35 portions. My son's birthday party was the following day so I ordered it on Saturday just to ensure that it would arrive on time, which it did. Upon opening it I was utterly dismayed at the size of the cake. It is no larger than what you can buy at Tesco's - for a quarter of the price. Do not trust the size and portions as I got a ridiculously small cake and now have to find a substitute that would suffice 28 kids. Utterly shocked, dismayed and angry not to mention the stress I'm not supposed to have is on full force.

One would think that if people want to spread their business that they would at least endeavour to please their customers and not leave room for grievance - but this customer has nothing but grievance against this company - DO NOT TRUST THEM -

ayah11
11/19/18

The cake tasted incredibly amazing... such beautiful light sponge; the jam filling and icing with the rich flavour of it all was very mouthwatering. Highly recommend!

carolinel89
11/18/18

Absolutely amazing cake with fresh ingredients! It was delivered exactly on time and everyone loved it! Never has ordering a cake been so simple and easy. Great service, would highly recommend!

phoebeh7
11/18/18

I was slightly apprehensive about how a cake could be posted, but I was wrong to be worried! The cake arrived exactly on time within the promised one hour delivery slot and was so carefully packaged it was in immaculate condition. The cake itself was absolutely stunning with the lightest sponge and just tasted really fresh! I would definitely not hesitate to buy from New Cakes again, great customer service and even better cake :)

kellym453
11/18/18

I will definitely be recommending these guys! Fast delivery and the cake looked amazing! I will be purchasing one for my daughters 18th next year!

ryanc400
11/18/18

While not a cake person, I ordered a cake from Newcakes, it arrived timely and was packaged carefully. As said previously, I'm not a fan of cakes, but this cake was delicious and the sponge was lovely.

Can't speak any higher of the cakes from Newcakes, 5/5 would recommend.

sarahn162
10/31/18

I have now placed two orders with this company for work functions, the cakes have always come back beautifully decorated. Our staff really enjoyed the cakes and the team were very accommodating! Thank you

pramodb5
10/27/18

At a Cricket Awards ceremony, we ordered a bespoke cake for the 'Most Ducks in a Season'.

Sent a pic of the individual receiving the awards and the number of ducks he managed to get in the season.

It has to be said, when the prize was revealed, the whole room was in Hysterics. It was so well done, the detailing was superb. Completely Stole the Show.

Thank you New Cakes for your creativity and helping our event becoming a huge success.

geneviever10
10/26/18

Was trying to get some treats for my friend's birthday and they had the most delicious cake I've ever had. Would highly recommend it!

kuruschkam
10/18/18

After reading the reviews I wasn't sure but then I thought the good reviews outnumber the bad by a lot so I went ahead and ordered a paw patrol cake for a 3rd birthday party.

Wow!!!!!! I was so impressed with the service from the very first interaction with New Cakes. They were friendly and professional and helped me design a beautiful cake.

The cake arrived on time and was as stunning as I imagined it would be. Also tasted amazing...bonus!!!

I will definitely be using them again. It was well worth the price and everybody loved it, especially the birthday girl.

Thank you New Cakes!!!!

lorrained52
10/9/18

after reading some of the negative reviews I was scared as I had already ordered a cake from this company online. My experience with new Cakes was fantastic the cake arrived in excellent packaging no damage on time and tasted wonderful 5 stars to new cakes would use them again in an instant

amyh356
9/29/18

Ordered the flower cake for my Mum. Incredible! Excellent price, superb quality cake and great customer service. Can't recommend enough

paulal110
9/18/18

ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL. I ordered a cake for my daughter's 21st. It was a mess, the cake was not level and the gold drip looked like a child had done it. It was thick and heavy instead of dainty. I emailed a picture. What a waste of £80. I was in shock when I picked the cake up and emailed and phoned as soon as I got home to say how disappointed I was. The chocolate cake had no taste whatsoever so we binned it and made a box cake which was 100 times better. They said I took the cake so it was my fault and I should have complained then. I was given a 35% refund. NEVER EVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THESE CON ARTISTS

kelr4
9/13/18

I ordered a 2 tier cake for my son's 21st birthday celebration. The top tier isn't round and looks a bit loop-sided. The icing car was far too big that it is looks dispropportionate to the whole cake. While the icing 21 numbers were so small!. The baker is clueless as it is a 21st birthday, the numbers 21 should stand out!! When I cut into the cake, the icing on the cake was so too thick!! And worst of all, the cake was so dry!! I paid over 139.95 pounds for 2 round cakes that look so disgusting... I should have bought 2 plain cakes from any supermarket and would have impressed my guests. Ruin and spoil the whole celebration and fun for my son big day....Really disappointed and really angry.....

dawnj64
9/11/18

Such a great service, on time and excellent communication, highly recommend! Thank you! Good cake and brilliant service.

draganab3
7/24/18

I ordered a 60th birthday cake for my father birthday party with our dog moulded onto the cake. The cake came and said 29 and not 60 and the dogs head was off, the lefts had fallen off, the base was coming off! They then offered to send me another cake which I declined after seeing the cake as I couldn't risk it being that rubbish again so I asked for a re-fund to which I didn't get any reply and no cake. Nobody communicated with me to say that my offer of a re-fund is excepted and the new cake wasn't coming. it took me to email 3 times to get a reply to which they then told me that I would only get half the re-fund because I didn't want another cake. THIS WAS NO COMMUNICATED TO ME THAT IF I DIDNT WANT A CAKE I WOULD ONYL GET HALF THE RE-FUND. As far I was aware another cake was coming as I didn't have any communication from the company. £95 cake!! Absolute joke!

lloyds48
7/2/18

Ordered the gym cake for my sons 18th.
It was terrible. It looked nothing at all like the image on the website. We paid extra for filling hardly any in it. Dry and horrible. We had a laugh at the companies expensive for the complete fail. At least I got to tell 60 people at the party not to go to this company. Emailed company no response.

sharong121
2/23/18

I paid £93 for a ps4 cake and it had shifted from the base when it arrived....not surprising since it was delivered by UK mail. The cake was a basic black rectangle block with little decorating skill....just don't do it

nirar1
1/3/18

I ordered a cake for my son's 18th birthday just before Christmas. I was really excited on the day of delivery, couldn't wait to see the cake.Hence, it was a heartbreaking experience seeing it first time. I nearly cried!! It was nowhere like what I was requesting and paid for.Cake was too small for XXL size, supposed to be serving 40-50 people, not even managed 20 decent pieces. I had a theme on my order, I sent a photo, of what and how I wanted.It was so horrible there was no play station and remote control was terrible. They said their cake is fresh for 10 days, only on 4th day that we've had the party and the cake was so dry and no taste at all. The experience that I never wanted to have!!! Learned a big lesson, never ever order online cakes!!!

sandrad108
11/10/17

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughters birthday in October when it arrived the cake was damaged. I sent them an email with pictures showing the damage. I received a reply offering a 50% refund which I accepted. After sending emails and making phones calls with them promising the refund I have not received it. I have now come to the conclusion that I will not be getting the refund. I will not be ordering anymore cakes from this company and I would certainly not recommend them.

misss20
9/25/17

Just wanted to say a huge Thank You. Took my daughter out to London for her 21st birthday. Two weeks later... she arranged for 5/6 of us to go for a meal. Ok no problem there! Two days b4 the meal she says 24 have confirmed they're coming to my 21st party. Mum ? You did get a cake? I'm like ... what cake? New cakes made a stunning cake. Absolutely beautiful. Arrived on time and really well packaged. I don't usually bother with reviews but I felt that Hannah deserved a lovely recommendation. She got me out of a slightly awkward situation perfectly. Ps cake tasted gorgeous. Thank you so much x for the Spa Day Cake

mhairic
6/19/17

I bought two cakes one for an eighth birthday and one for a sixty six ! Both arrived packaged beautifully in plenty of time ! The cakes were absolutely delicious ! The service from start to finish was superb ! I highly recommend this company
and will definitely buy from the company again !

saraw74
6/14/17

Love New Cakes. Excellent service, light, great tasting cake which was a diversion from the standard choice and delivered on time as promised. No hassles, lovely communication. I come back again and again.

jays435
5/24/17

I ordered a bespoke party ring cake for my Birthday-allergic boyfriend. The service (from Hannah) was brilliant. She was very patient and even sent me a photo of the cake as I was sending it direct to his office, knowing I'd neither see or taste the baked goods. Would highly recommend New Cakes.

laural162
5/18/17

I ordered a cake from overseas to be delivered to a London address, and Hannah from the customer service team was absolutely on the ball - friendly, efficient and super helpful with my questions. The recipient of the cake said it looked gorgeous and tasted good. I am definitely going to be a return customer!

Similar to you, placed an order, paid in full then saw the reviews. Then panicked for a couple of days as the deliver date was getting nearer. Need not of panicked. Delivered on time and in perfect condition. The only thing I would add is, i needed to contact customer services regarding changing the delivery address, was promised a call back, after a few hours they hadn't called so I called again, everything had been sorted, but they hadn't called to say this. Therefore, if you contact them and they haven't called back don't delay in calling them. I found the staff, helpful and polite.

By Kaz R.
Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

7 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk