Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

pauld560
5/23/19

Ordered a Game of Thrones Cake for a party - received a delicious cake, lovely light lemon sponge with lemon cream filling. Tasted superb. Unfortunately it was a day late and had some been damaged in transit.

vickir97
5/19/19

We have order two cakes every year for the last few years for our children's birthdays
The cakes always look amazing and the cakes themselves are lovely and light and the fillings are terrific
We have even started sending pictures of the cakes we would like to have made and have been delighted when they are arrive looking great
They arrive well protected, on time and we would not go anywhere else now
Vicki.

vics26
5/14/19

Ordered a cake for delivery for our sons 10 th bday pd£100 was extremely disappointed with the execution ,asked for special text and Mario character which were so small and insignificant,very very saddened by this experience cannot ever use this service again

shawnh155
4/30/19

Such a great service on time delivery and communication was good. The ingredient's also fresh and cake is amazing. Such a beautiful light sponge with chocolate filling and icing sugar with decoration is awesome.

sharong281
3/25/19

I had to order a batman cake for my son at super short notice, I was so dubious about ordering a cake online, so much can go wrong but NewCakes made it so simple to order a quick chat with Shay and everything was sorted. It arrived next day before 1 as I requested in an awesome box I could carry to the venue. The cake inside was perfect exactly what I wanted and the extra touches that NewCakes provided really put a smile on my face.

mariam684
1/26/19

I order and paid for an extra large cake that was supposed to suffice for 30-35 portions. My son's birthday party was the following day so I ordered it on Saturday just to ensure that it would arrive on time, which it did. Upon opening it I was utterly dismayed at the size of the cake. It is no larger than what you can buy at Tesco's - for a quarter of the price. Do not trust the size and portions as I got a ridiculously small cake and now have to find a substitute that would suffice 28 kids. Utterly shocked, dismayed and angry not to mention the stress I'm not supposed to have is on full force.

One would think that if people want to spread their business that they would at least endeavour to please their customers and not leave room for grievance - but this customer has nothing but grievance against this company - DO NOT TRUST THEM -

ayah11
11/19/18

The cake tasted incredibly amazing... such beautiful light sponge; the jam filling and icing with the rich flavour of it all was very mouthwatering. Highly recommend!

carolinel89
11/18/18

Absolutely amazing cake with fresh ingredients! It was delivered exactly on time and everyone loved it! Never has ordering a cake been so simple and easy. Great service, would highly recommend!

phoebeh7
11/18/18

I was slightly apprehensive about how a cake could be posted, but I was wrong to be worried! The cake arrived exactly on time within the promised one hour delivery slot and was so carefully packaged it was in immaculate condition. The cake itself was absolutely stunning with the lightest sponge and just tasted really fresh! I would definitely not hesitate to buy from New Cakes again, great customer service and even better cake :)

kellym453
11/18/18

I will definitely be recommending these guys! Fast delivery and the cake looked amazing! I will be purchasing one for my daughters 18th next year!

ryanc400
11/18/18

While not a cake person, I ordered a cake from Newcakes, it arrived timely and was packaged carefully. As said previously, I'm not a fan of cakes, but this cake was delicious and the sponge was lovely.

Can't speak any higher of the cakes from Newcakes, 5/5 would recommend.

sarahn162
10/31/18

I have now placed two orders with this company for work functions, the cakes have always come back beautifully decorated. Our staff really enjoyed the cakes and the team were very accommodating! Thank you

pramodb5
10/27/18

At a Cricket Awards ceremony, we ordered a bespoke cake for the 'Most Ducks in a Season'.

Sent a pic of the individual receiving the awards and the number of ducks he managed to get in the season.

It has to be said, when the prize was revealed, the whole room was in Hysterics. It was so well done, the detailing was superb. Completely Stole the Show.

Thank you New Cakes for your creativity and helping our event becoming a huge success.

geneviever10
10/26/18

Was trying to get some treats for my friend's birthday and they had the most delicious cake I've ever had. Would highly recommend it!

kuruschkam
10/18/18

After reading the reviews I wasn't sure but then I thought the good reviews outnumber the bad by a lot so I went ahead and ordered a paw patrol cake for a 3rd birthday party.

Wow!!!!!! I was so impressed with the service from the very first interaction with New Cakes. They were friendly and professional and helped me design a beautiful cake.

The cake arrived on time and was as stunning as I imagined it would be. Also tasted amazing...bonus!!!

I will definitely be using them again. It was well worth the price and everybody loved it, especially the birthday girl.

Thank you New Cakes!!!!

lorrained52
10/9/18

after reading some of the negative reviews I was scared as I had already ordered a cake from this company online. My experience with new Cakes was fantastic the cake arrived in excellent packaging no damage on time and tasted wonderful 5 stars to new cakes would use them again in an instant

amyh356
9/29/18

Ordered the flower cake for my Mum. Incredible! Excellent price, superb quality cake and great customer service. Can't recommend enough

paulal110
9/18/18

ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL. I ordered a cake for my daughter's 21st. It was a mess, the cake was not level and the gold drip looked like a child had done it. It was thick and heavy instead of dainty. I emailed a picture. What a waste of £80. I was in shock when I picked the cake up and emailed and phoned as soon as I got home to say how disappointed I was. The chocolate cake had no taste whatsoever so we binned it and made a box cake which was 100 times better. They said I took the cake so it was my fault and I should have complained then. I was given a 35% refund. NEVER EVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THESE CON ARTISTS

kelr4
9/13/18

I ordered a 2 tier cake for my son's 21st birthday celebration. The top tier isn't round and looks a bit loop-sided. The icing car was far too big that it is looks dispropportionate to the whole cake. While the icing 21 numbers were so small!. The baker is clueless as it is a 21st birthday, the numbers 21 should stand out!! When I cut into the cake, the icing on the cake was so too thick!! And worst of all, the cake was so dry!! I paid over 139.95 pounds for 2 round cakes that look so disgusting... I should have bought 2 plain cakes from any supermarket and would have impressed my guests. Ruin and spoil the whole celebration and fun for my son big day....Really disappointed and really angry.....

dawnj64
9/11/18

Such a great service, on time and excellent communication, highly recommend! Thank you! Good cake and brilliant service.

draganab3
7/24/18

I ordered a 60th birthday cake for my father birthday party with our dog moulded onto the cake. The cake came and said 29 and not 60 and the dogs head was off, the lefts had fallen off, the base was coming off! They then offered to send me another cake which I declined after seeing the cake as I couldn't risk it being that rubbish again so I asked for a re-fund to which I didn't get any reply and no cake. Nobody communicated with me to say that my offer of a re-fund is excepted and the new cake wasn't coming. it took me to email 3 times to get a reply to which they then told me that I would only get half the re-fund because I didn't want another cake. THIS WAS NO COMMUNICATED TO ME THAT IF I DIDNT WANT A CAKE I WOULD ONYL GET HALF THE RE-FUND. As far I was aware another cake was coming as I didn't have any communication from the company. £95 cake!! Absolute joke!

lloyds48
7/2/18

Ordered the gym cake for my sons 18th.
It was terrible. It looked nothing at all like the image on the website. We paid extra for filling hardly any in it. Dry and horrible. We had a laugh at the companies expensive for the complete fail. At least I got to tell 60 people at the party not to go to this company. Emailed company no response.

sharong121
2/23/18

I paid £93 for a ps4 cake and it had shifted from the base when it arrived....not surprising since it was delivered by UK mail. The cake was a basic black rectangle block with little decorating skill....just don't do it

nirar1
1/3/18

I ordered a cake for my son's 18th birthday just before Christmas. I was really excited on the day of delivery, couldn't wait to see the cake.Hence, it was a heartbreaking experience seeing it first time. I nearly cried!! It was nowhere like what I was requesting and paid for.Cake was too small for XXL size, supposed to be serving 40-50 people, not even managed 20 decent pieces. I had a theme on my order, I sent a photo, of what and how I wanted.It was so horrible there was no play station and remote control was terrible. They said their cake is fresh for 10 days, only on 4th day that we've had the party and the cake was so dry and no taste at all. The experience that I never wanted to have!!! Learned a big lesson, never ever order online cakes!!!

sandrad108
11/10/17

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughters birthday in October when it arrived the cake was damaged. I sent them an email with pictures showing the damage. I received a reply offering a 50% refund which I accepted. After sending emails and making phones calls with them promising the refund I have not received it. I have now come to the conclusion that I will not be getting the refund. I will not be ordering anymore cakes from this company and I would certainly not recommend them.

Hello, I would say from my experience they really deliver, I hope everything goes well for and you all have a fantastic celebration!

By Sharon G.
Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

8 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk