Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

priyab18
11/30/19
Absolutely amazing! I got a bespoke cake made for my son's 15th birthday which I wanted to be unique. It was of a spoof of "Bob Ross" in the Dead Pool Avengers. Beautifully crafted & every detail matched the character, surprise of the night & tasted delicious. All guests were left amazed at how well the character had been copied, even the ones who didn't have a clue who it was! As long as my son knew & was happy that's at that mattered & he loved it. Vanilla sponge with Jam filling, the rest of the cake was finished the next day & was as soft as it came.
fionah49
11/25/19
What an outstanding cake. Always the best taste cakes that I've received from New Cakes . And delivered in one piece. Everyone was well happy when received and our 15 year old son absolutely loved it on his birthday. Would highly recommend New cakes to family and friends .
andream401
11/20/19
I have to say that the cake we received absolutely exceeded all expectations. The image on the site was great but didn't quite appreciate just how much work must have gone into this.

The person this was for was totally gobsmacked and didn't want to cut it up.

I had asked for the colours to be amended and they had colour matched them perfectly.

Will definitely use again. Thank you so much x
sp182
11/20/19
I wanted a unique design for my sister's 50th, something that would exhibit her personality. I searched for an image and presented it to New Cakes. a "tiffany Gift Box". New Cakes designed a beautiful and tasty cake, a true feast for the eyes. They have many flavor options to choose from, and fulfill many dietary restrictions too. Their customer service was absolutely great, very helpful, polite and prompt. Delivery was on schedule and packaging was excellent. I would definitely recommend New Cakes to everyone, you will not be disappointed.
gilliant14
11/4/19
I ordered a Super Mario cake for my son's birthday. When it arrived it looked nothing like Super Mario (photo attached) and nothing like the cake which was advertised. When I queried it I was told they use a plastic toy for the photo and then try to recreate it in sugar paste. I had to go out and buy a plastic figure to replace the one on it. Luckily I had ordered the cake in plenty of time so I had time to do that. Otherwise I would have had an extremely disappointed son. They offered me a 40% discount which I finally received after several phone calls and emails. Even with the discount it was an expensive cake and I wish I'd held out for a bigger discount. It was a very stressful, disappointing experience. I wish I'd read the negative reviews before ordering.
sheenad14
10/18/19
Was shocked to read all the bad reviews on this site! Ordered cupcakes and a small cake for my daughters 2nd birthday. The team were very accommodating with my designs (3 different ones) and flavours (3 different flavours). The cupcakes were sooooo yummy as was the cake. Will definitely order again!
rajd14
10/16/19
I could not even imagine the cake would be as amazing it was both in looks and taste.

Thank you very much.

Tip for consumers: You will be amazed.

anastasiap17
10/9/19
We were looking for ghostbusters cake with Slimer on it.
It turned out there are not so many great designs online and I could not even share pictures of what ideal design will look like. New cakes were really easy to deal with and they understood very quickly what's required and adjusted already existing ghostbusters cake accordingly.
Cake arrived on time and looking great.
patc295
10/5/19
Ordered a barbecue Cake for sons 40th & sent in a photo the New Cakes team did an absolute amazing job and the cake went down a storm the cake was a beautiful texture moist and everyone commented on how delicious it was the presentation was so beautiful considering. I ordered at very short notice and the New Cakes Team did a wonderful job to turn it round so quickly it arrived beautifully presented so very much appreciated thank you Pat
samw281
10/3/19
Excellent service and flexibility with a last minute order.
Not only did the cake look amazing, but tasted great too!
We will definitely be recommending them and using them again in the future :)
jackyr12
10/3/19
This was a late order for a very specific beer can cake. It came perfectly presented and with exactly the same colouring and appearance as the chosen beer can, and the cake and fillings were delicious
wendyc310
10/3/19
I was specific with what I wanted for my sons 10th birthday cake and it arrived safe and well looking exactly like I'd envisioned. Will definitely recommend and use again
gemb3
10/2/19
First order of a bespoke cake ... What a surprise.. I contacted via email and received a phonecall ( that's fantastic customer service to start with)
Spoke with Parm about a bespoke cake and everything I asked for was done with no hesitation...
Cake arrived thoroughly packaged not a crumb in site and looked fantastic.. but that wasn't the best part... The taste was second to none!!. The cake kept really well within the packaging so that you didn't have to grab the ole friend cling film so from now on my cakes will come from here!
samanthas342
10/2/19
With a week to go until my mums Louis Vuitton themed birthday party, I decided I would love there to be an on-theme cake! So I optimistically contacted New Cakes to see if they could help, and they were brilliant. They were able to design the perfect cake based on 3 pictures which I sent through. They then built the cake & delivered it to my door, one day before the party. The turnaround time was amazing, and the execution of the cake & the design was brilliant. Also tasted great. I think my mum cried when she saw it!!
Thanks so much :) Sam
ainec3
9/13/19
What service, what cakes! Faultless on every level. Every attention is given to follow one's requests and make suggestions. The ability to choose a time4 slot for delivery makes all the difference.
adrianm153
9/13/19
The service was excellent from the ordering to the emails which I got over the cake and also the Birthday client was most happy the delivery was excellent as well and will use this company again !
roxsann
8/19/19
Every special occasion that requires a cake I go to NewCakes. They have a wonderful selection (always keeping up with current trends) and they taste amazing too. You can order them in advance and set the delivery for the day before. It's been a god send as supermarket cakes are good for a rushed by but usual have the same ones over and over again. You can be unique with NewCakes. Every single cake I have bought has been delicious and also arrived all in one piece (via DPD who are excellent) definitely recommend this company.
rachelc336
7/24/19
Thank you so much for my daughters amazing 1st Birthday Cake. Sooooo yummy and perfect. Customer service was spot on when our 1st cake arrived it had been damaged but a replacement cake was made and redelivered in time for the party.
abigailm60
7/3/19
The service from start to finish was exemplary and the cake looked and tasted great.

Abi M
sonian16
6/21/19
My husband wanted to surprise me for my birthday with a cake. When it arrived it was misshapen despite the box being in perfect condition and well wrapped internally which suggest that it was like that before posting it was placed in the box. The horse is missing ears, the women looks like a male top half. Then to find out it cost over £100! Is not good. Extremely disappointed
lucyc97
6/16/19
Thank you so much for making a fantastic birthday cake for our daughter's 2nd birthday.
It looked great and tasted even better and I've received a lot of compliments about it. I would definitely contact you again for our next occasion and recommend you to anyone in need of a good cake :-)
shaunb59
6/10/19
It was my wife's surprise 40th birthday & I ordered the bag & shoe cake with the red velvet sponge which everyone commented how tasty & light the cake was the wife was over the moon with it.
I was starting to worry regarding the delivery as it was being delivered by a courier company & because I have worked in the industry for many years I have seen packages & boxes get thrown about so was beginning to think would my cake be in one piece but the box it came in was well packaged inside & the outside of the box had fragile written over it & also had cake written on it too & all that stress I was having I didn't need to worry at all as it was delivered 1st class & made it before midday delivery.
If I need a cake to be made I would always use New Cakes as was a great cake & great service.
amberc141
6/4/19
If I could give this less than 1 star I would. The whole cake was a joke. I ordered a lacrosse cake for a 21st birthday party and I could not put it out for the guests it was so bad. There was football players on it, the figure that was supposed to resemble my sister was insulting and the pitch was a football pitch not a lacrosse pitch. I called to express my disappointment and was promised £150 refund (I had paid £200). This was in April and now fast forward to June. They are not picking up the phone and have not replied to my email.
lorij85
5/24/19
NewCakes made the process of ordering a surprise cake for a special occasion from the other side of the world a breeze!
Thank you so much for going over & above great customer service to make our work collegues day even more special. Highly recommend NewCakes.
pauld560
5/23/19
Ordered a Game of Thrones Cake for a party - received a delicious cake, lovely light lemon sponge with lemon cream filling. Tasted superb. Unfortunately it was a day late and had some been damaged in transit.

I wouldn't be worried at all... I ordered a bespoke cake and it was second to none I would recommend without a shadow of a doubt

By Gem B.

They are real people.... I ordered for September delivery a bespoke cake and spoke over the phone as I had originally emailed asking for a certain cake... They called me...

By Gem B.

I ordered a bespoke cake.. didn't read reviews.. spoke over the phone as I had emailed in they called me... From start to Finnish I would recommend them

By Gem B.

Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

23 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk