NewCakes

NewCakes has a consumer rating of 4.47 stars from 181 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with NewCakes most frequently mention customer service, perfect condition and short notice. NewCakes ranks 2nd among Dessert sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 94.3%

• Thank you so much for my daughters amazing 1st Birthday Cake.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate NewCakes?

“Expectations Exceded yet Again!”

Pavitra N.
7/28/20

We have been using New Cakes to provide the WOW factor for our sons birthdays over past 4 years. Each time the team at New Cakes are given a brief, they knock it straight out of the ball park! This year's offering was probably their best one yet! Our baby boy could not believe his eyes when he saw the amazing creation of himself riding his favourite animal made by Elza and the team! Thanks again New Cakes for always "Bringing It" to our parties!

“Wrong cake, wrong address”

Karen H.
2/20/20

Awful experience and disappointing cake. Cake on the left was what I requested. Cake on the right was the one received. Delivered at the incorrect address despite 8 attempts to check what time the cake will be delivered and to confirm the correct address. I had to arrange a courier myself to get the cake to the right address nearly 30 miles away. Brendan has not offered me an apology and he also does not think that I require compensation for sending the cake to the wrong address

birthday cake (26)
pavitran
July 28th, 2020

duncanb86
December 2nd, 2020

This organisation is fantastic. We've had several cakes from them now and each time they've supplied customised designs that have utterly amazed us. Recently a cake clock for a birthday, in the shape of the After Eights timepiece, and was enjoyed thoroughly by the birthday recipient.
All the staff are friendly and helpful, the delivery on time, the chefs / designers are incredibly talented. Order a cake today, you won't be disappointed.

russellw155
July 23rd, 2020

Saw this company on line, my usual source closed due to pandemic, chose the ideal cake for
My wife's 60th a little pricey but looked and sounded amazing.
It arrived, small, tasteless and dry, very dry.
Have been offered a refund (partial) but looking at the reviews I don't think I will get to see it.
Please Please be careful if using this company, my surprise 60th cake ended up being an Asda
Caterpillar.

sherisho
August 13th, 2020

Absolutely brilliant service from beginning to end. My son wanted a superhero cake for his birthday, and I wanted to make sure that I found someone who could make exactly what he wanted. Newcakes did not disappoint. Not only were they the most decently priced, but the final product was an absolute show stopper. You could see that ultimate care had been taken in the designing. On top of that, the cake's taste was the best I have had. I am now booking them again!

pauld560
May 23rd, 2019

Ordered a Game of Thrones Cake for a party - received a delicious cake, lovely light lemon sponge with lemon cream filling. Tasted superb. Unfortunately it was a day late and had some been damaged in transit.

valdas3
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I have ordered cakes from new cakes for the last 3 years and have never been disappointed sometimes they have arrived the day after expected but it does say to allow 2 working days before you need it can't always rely on the courier so never missed a birthday
This time I ordered a bespoke Disney stitch cake and it was stunning my daughter loved it the design was so beautiful looked to good to eat. Glad we did as it was delicious
Thanks for making a lockdown birthday special for my little girl.

mata22
April 13th, 2021

I've ordered the cake from Jess and the team for my partner's 30th birthday and needless to say, she was over the moon when she saw it. It was exactly as presented on the picture. Delivered on time and in perfect condition. And soooo delicious. Any less than 5 star rating would have just been a sheer spite so guys, don't hesitate. I've been emailing Jess and got response right away, customer service is top notch. Massive thanks Jess and team. Keep on with great job. Will definitely order next time as well.

Tip for consumers:
Go for it

Products used:
Cake

amandap561
August 26th, 2020

I have ordered quite a few cakes from Newcakes and have never been disappointed. This time I went bespoke for my mums 70th birthday - a huge Motorhead fan - and the cake that arrived blew us all away. AND it tasted better that it looked if that is an actual thing! Huge thanks to the team once again for the great service, amazing creativity and for the priceless smile on mums face!

janetf350
September 17th, 2020

My son was spending his 40th birthday alone and in lockdown 200 miles away. I saw the "Computer" cake on NewCakes.co.uk and it seemed the perfect choice to give someone "working from home" a tasty surprise. Ordering online was easy and all the extra personal touches I requested were added to the design to make it unique. Despite warnings of possible delivery problems during lockdown, the cake was delivered when requested and put a smile on the young man's face.

av137
December 18th, 2020

My sons 5 th birthday cake was his favorite. A roblox cake for his roblox party. All the children's parents asked me where I got it. I was nervous ordering at first but received on time in perfect condition & looked superb. All the children wanted a big boys roblox party when it was their next birthday. A total success. In the process of ordering my 2nd cake. It's a "Fortnite" one this time. Tasty, fresh snd looks stunning! Can't wait to see this one. Thanks guys.

maralynp2
September 10th, 2020

Your cakes have the wow factor from start to finish you excelled your self. Fantastic cakes made from a photo amazing tasted so good too. My daughter dosen't want to cut her cake it's so nice. Cannot thank-you enough for making such wonderful cakes. Wishing many more years of success. My third cake from this great company..

ahmeda468
August 7th, 2020

Really fanastic service - I needed a quick turnaround for a cake for a surprise celebration, and they were very quick and responsive in their communication with suggestions of cakes and delivery timings.

The cake that arrived looked spectacular, and was delivered safely and professionally - and most importantly, it tasted excellent, tooIt was a very decadent, but wasn't sickly with all the chocolate. I'd definitely use them again.

karenh1415
February 20th, 2020

amandav182
April 7th, 2020

I have ordered from New Cakes several times now and they never disappoint. The cake was fantastic and just what I wanted. My son absolutely loved it. It tasted so delicious, we just didn't want it to end!... Highly recommended to anyone. Nothing was too much trouble and it arrived exactly when we ordered it for. Thank you so much for your outstanding work!

joshw232
August 10th, 2020

For my girlfriend's birthday, I wanted something unique in a cake. My idea was to incorporate actor Terry Crews from Brooklyn Nine-Nine (her favourite show & Penguins (her fav animal) onto one cake. New Cakes took my small idea and turned it into a masterpiece! You can see Terry Crews slipping while in pursuit the graffiti causing Penguins, whom have just painting the name "Jess" onto the side of the cake. Thank you New Cakes for this amazing creation, it isn't just a cake, it is a story in cake form! The cake tasted amazing too :)

kamp11
June 22nd, 2021

Cake very small for amount of money charged. I was misled to think I would get 25 portions out of 8 inch cake by its site.
It's not even deep it's 2 inches high.
I could possibly offer tiny taster portions to my guests so never cut it. Have offered to return it abd was told they would not be offering a reimbursement as it's possible to get 25 SMALL party size PoRTIONS out of it.
Their own words ‘Small party size" portions on complaining but it does not state that on ordering the cake (the image taken below from their website when you order the cake)
Stay away from this company... and charged £80.00 and that was left in a box in the rain.
Could not tell you what it tastes like as never cut it.
On the whole a bad experience.
Still chasing a refund for the cake that has not been eaten or cut.
Will open a case through PayPal if this company carries on refusing me a refund

Tip for consumers:
Don’t get swayed with the decorative icing ..

joannet160
December 1st, 2020

The cake was absolutely gorgeous, it went down very well and, although not where our son had planned on having his 21st due to Covid restrictions, my husband and I tried to decorate the garden bar in a Las Vegas style - the cake was amazing! Thoroughly recommend, perfect delivery, such a reliable company.

claudiaf94
September 11th, 2020

When you live the other side of the world and find out your mother is spending her birthday alone and it's less than 48 hours away... what do you do? I really wanted to surprise her with something special and New Cakes gave me the perfect solution. I ordered Sunday night and it arrived early Tuesday morning (you can specify 3 hour windows for delivery) and they delivered to her workplace. On top of that the range of cakes to choose from was amazing! I chose a cat one and they even provided a 'personal specs' box when you order so you can write any changes. I requested the black cat be made into a brown and white tortoise shell cat (because me mum has one) and amazingly they did exactly that. It made my mother's day, made her birthday a really special one, and was worth every penny. On top of all that the cake was delicious! A big thank you to Jess in head office who I was emailing about the delivery she was super helpful! This company must have some really hard-working people working for them as what they did for me was incredible.

richardc1831
August 1st, 2020

This review is base on the service provided and product delivered, so nothing to do with taste. Let me get straight to the point. First my delivery was missed and they wasted no time blaming the courier wrongly or rightly, they could have simple done a same day delivery instead they waited and call to ask if it can be delivered the next day - this shows how much they care about their customer - "0". They could have quite easily arrange a same day delivery, but choose not to. Anyway i agree for next day delivery and to add further insult the cake arrived with the all important cake decoration missing in parts and the actual wording not detailed as show on their website.

I don't write review, but in this case I have base on the horrible service rendered by this company. I am sure they have got it right on occasions, but frankly speaking you should be getting it right all the time and treat your customer with a bit more respect. I would have been better going to the supermarket and purchase a cake there to be honest.

To anyone thinking of purchasing a cake from this company, I would say be prepared for disappointment and hope for the best if you do decide to purchase from *******@NewCakes: Listen to your customers... In all honesty you should refund me as you did not fulfil any part of this order satisfactory.

merylr10
October 9th, 2021

We ordered a Tiffany box birthday cake to be delivered to a hotel for a birthday party. I was a bit concerned about how it might be transported as it was coming by DHL, but I need not have worried - it was packed extremely well and arrived perfectly. The cake was amazing - just as it looked in the picture and the recipient was SO chuffed. Thank you again - i will be ordering from you in future.

erinl216
October 8th, 2020

My cake was absolutely incredible and perfect in every way. The detail is immaculate and the fact they sent me a separate cake to eat on the day was a lovely touch. My mum organised it all in secret and couldn't say enough about how professional and friendly the service was. 'Above and beyond' is definitely how I'd like to describe the outcome.

Thank you!
Erin

suej179
October 9th, 2020

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughter's 21st... not disappointed... fabulous! I emailed New Cakes and asked if they could change the hair colour to red. The sponge and cream filling tasted delicious. My daughter absolutely loved her surprise cake. I would definitely recommend New Cakes and I'll be back again. Thanks!

alexs1558
June 29th, 2021

I ordered a "Walking" cake for my wife's 50th birthday, as an avid walker herself she absolutely loved it! It arrived at the hotel we booked in perfect condition (very well packaged) and tasted delicious!

karenr1396
December 9th, 2020

I ordered a surprise birthday cake for my partner, he was thrilled when he opened the box as he is a tech nerd and the cake was an iPhone! Beautifully made and tasted great. I have since ordered another for our daughter for her birthday. Fab cakes, fab customer service and great delivery service and packed like it's made of glass. Well done you guys rock.

julyh2
February 20th, 2020

Thank u for your site with such good tasty recipes. I have tried a lot of them and could say they are simple but tasty.

I wouldn't be worried at all... I ordered a bespoke cake and it was second to none I would recommend without a shadow of a doubt

By Gem B.