Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

andreww143
9/27/16

I am event planner and I organise parties all over the world, using a variety of amazing suppliers. I found New Cakes online as none of the people I usually work with could help. I approached them to make a novelty cake for my own mother's 70th birthday party - an event that naturally was really important to me. The cake needed to be a copy of mum's favourite stain remover stick. I spoke to Claire to give her the (albeit slightly unusual!) brief and could tell immediately that she and the whole team was amused and excited by the project. What they delivered was absolutely brilliant and not only looked great, but tasted fantastic too. I would recommend New Cakes to anyone.

Tip for consumers: Try to speak to Claire if you can - she is great!

gugulethum
9/13/16

I bought a pharmacy cake for a surprise party for my husband for 20-25 people. I expected a decent sized cake considering I paid just over £93 for it. I had delivered a tiny cake for about 10-12 people. This spoilt my party as I had to serve miniscule pieces for everyone to have some cake. I was only able to get in touch with some the following Monday and got an apology which was too little too late and 10% off my next order as if I'll be stupid enough to make that mistake again.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Gugu,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not happy with the cake when it arrived.

We have an industry sizing guide to inform our valued customers the optimum number of portions our designs will feed. This is obviously purely dependant on how generous you are with the size of your slice.

I hope that you would come back to us in the future.

Shay
kazr
9/4/16

Have New Cakes, got their act together? Ordered and paid in full. Worried somewhat after that because the cake was a lot of money, had paid with a credit card, so thought I may have some security there. Totally panicked as I then saw the previous reviews. But everything worked out fine. I did contact customer services, thinking it would be too late to change the delivery address. But no, that worked out. A bit of advice though, if you need to contact customer services and they promise to call back and they haven't after a while, make another call to them. I would say the staff are polite and helpful.

shelleym
8/28/16

New Cakes have responded to my question with alacrity with more than satisfactory answers. I have now proceeded to go with them. You have to give trust and believe that there might be a few glitches in a ongoing concern such as this. I have strong reassurances that the cake that I have ordered will turn out to be to my specifications and that due care would be taken to protect the cake and delivered on time. With this reassurance, I am going ahead with my order and trust that I would be able to give a resounding review afterwards. You have to have faith and that's what I am doing.

lucianag2
8/9/16

I cannot praise this company enough, I had problems ordering because my computer skills not so good!! A very lovely lady phoned me straight away and dealt with my order with the utmost proficiency and courtesy. My order arrived as promised. cake was absolutely fabulous, my daughter was delighted with it. I would most definitely recommend this company to everyone and will most certainly not go anywhere else now. THANKYOU TO EVERYONE AT NEW CAKES.FROM LUCIANA GIBSON ,DUMFRIES, SCOTLAND

juliew93
8/4/16

Order a 21st birthday cake it was absolutely beautiful arrived on time and it was packaged lovely I wouldent go anywhere else now cake was really fresh and tasty thank you Mrs Walker a very happy customer

dianaf17
7/5/16

I ordered a Mickey cake for my son's birthday last year. It wasn't a perfect looking cake but the red velvet sponge tasted really great and friends were impressed. At that time I would have recommended them to others.

I ordered a Paw Patrol cake this time around for my son's birthday this weekend (9th July). I ordered the cake in May!! We communicated via email. Clare was good first, then as the date came closer, I didn't hear back from her. I called customer services but was told that Claire was away and that she will call me back, but never did (someone experienced this too, I've read other reviews).

Now it is too late to order a bespoke cake elsewhere, I now have to settle for a 10 quid Tesco's celebration cake. I am so angry that I am getting my son a crappy supermarket Paw Patrol cake but I have no choice. It's all been left too late.

Avoid New Cakes. They'll ruin your child's cake!!

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Diana,
I am terribly sorry to learn that you had issues with New Cakes in the past.
We have recently taken over the business and we are keen to show our valued customers how it should be done.
I hope that in the future you would consider coming back to us. We have created a unique voucher for you to use – giving you 40% off your next cake order. To get your code please contact Claire in the office and she will be happy to help 01753 374 726.

zoej8
7/1/16

Absolutely furious with new cakes. I do not know why I even bothered with this. I ordered a cake to be delivered on a certain day before a specific time and it never arrived. Tried calling new cakes many times and kept getting told that 'clare' was away from her desk and that se would call me back. 5 phone calls later she finally did and was rude and completely uncaring. She knew that parcelforce had made a mistake and didn't bother to let me know which is there's, as a company's responsibility to do so. Also the 'receptionists' are rude and misleading and to me seem pointless as they are unable to do anything!!! I paid extra £12 for delivery and there has been no effort made whatsoever. And finally when I did manage to get through to someone, she was flippant and obnoxious. I quite rightly demanded a full refund which apparently she can't do and has to wait for the account who wasn't in today! How fortunate! So I went on to tell her that I would be leaving a bad review she told me "that's not going to help you is" so I'd she saying that if I do I won't get my refund!? Have reported the company to Trading Standards for complete lack of customer care and responsibility. Do not use this company. Not even for a last resort. You're better off buying one already made in tesco. Never have I been so angry.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Zoe,

lieslh1
6/19/16

Bought a gruffalo cake for my son's 1st birthdsy.Cake arrived a day late. Marks all over the cake. Looked nothing like picture - much poorer decoration. Also missing figure from cake - the mouse! Do not use this company, was told we would get replacement base, still waiting. Wrote review on their website and it does not show!

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Liesl,

judithh36
6/17/16

All 100 of my cup cakes arrived damaged and the 6 inch cake was so lopsided it looked like it was done by a child. The cakes were for a wedding the next day. Claire at New Cakes suggested I pop to Tesco instead. She's so far refused a refund and says "this never happens".

One company to avoid!!

joj90
6/5/16

Terrible quality cake. Damaged on arrival, wrong colours, poor quality, missing requested elements. Terrible customer service, website with no reviews on it, no time to send me another cake or for me to have another made elsewhere, they refused to refund my money. Complete cowboys.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Jo,

louisep35
5/7/16

Never Oder from this company! My cake turned up looking nothing like the minecraft cake I ordered for £65. I called straight away to be told she was a call agent and I had to send an email and pictures to the company. I had no response almost a week later so ill called again and eventually received an email saying it states on there site colour and design may differ. Eventually I was offered half my money back after numerous emails. I am going to put a claim in on my credit card because the cake was shocking and it would have been an embarrassment to get it out for my sons 8th birthday. Do not use or believe the reviews that are on there.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Louise,

katym15
4/29/16

I ordered 2 cakes for the cost of nearly £200 for my twins which were supposed to be delivered on Friday! They sent me an email on Friday saying that they couldn't deliver on Friday and that it would be delivered on Saturday! I had to change everything over to make sure I would be home on Saturday. Then after I'd left the house on Friday at 4 pm and told them that I would be expecting delivery on Saturday they sent me an email saying that they would, after all be delivering on Friday evening!!!! I was at that time not home and we had very expensive theatre tickets. My husband had to miss his ticket and stay home for the delivery as the boys wanted their birthday cake! Lo and behold they never delivered the cakes!!!!! £200 for cake and double that for theatre tickets that were lost and ruined!!!!! DON'T EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE CHARLATANS AND THEY BREAK LITTLE CHILDREN'S HEARTS!!!!!!

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Katy,

andreab100
4/20/16

I bought a cake from this establishment for my granddaughters 1st birthday, was meant to be Sofia the first it cost £60 omg I've never seen anything like it the Sofia character looked like Morph in drag absolutely shocking they ought to be ashamed of themselves! If I didn't have to give a star I'd give none.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Andrea,

barborab1
3/6/16

I got this cake from my ex to my children's bday. Thanks God I didn't pay it and had my own cakes for £8 from Morrisons which tastes much better than this parody of cake! Sponge wasnt baked nicely and cream was just a litle bit inside and salty. Icing not good at all and think the cake was wrongly stored as tasted old. Poor look of the toppers and cheap candles too. Don't waste your money and rather buy somewhere else.

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Barbora,

donnaj20
11/13/15

Ordered a cake a few weeks ago sent a picture as requested and specified I would like a cake made as per picture design.
The cake was for a Leeds Rhinos fan and had a Rhino going over a score line .I received a bog standard supermarket cake which cost £74!!!!!.
I complained and was fobbed off with the excuse that I didn't ask for a Rhino ....ummm refer to picture .
I suppose I should be somewhat grateful as numerous people never even received a cake.
Steer clear bog standard cakes with extortionate prices and your requests ignored they just do as they like.

rachelt30
9/3/15

I would have rated 0 if I could! The cake was nothing like it was advertised and a complete waste of money and the compliant doesn't get dealt with you just get told someone will get back to you and don't! Waste of money!!! Shut it down scammers!!!!

davidm309
9/2/15

ordered our cake to be delivered on day of anniversary party did it arrive- NO
Did it look as advertised -NO
Did they respond to our complaint -NO
A complete waste of £59
NEVER AGAIN

julieb89
8/6/15

Cake received is nothing like advertised! £69 - disgusting. http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/julieb1963/xboxcake.png

janec58
7/7/15

I ordered a hello kitty cake which was awful.. Kitty had no whiskers and no bow, in fact my husband made a new kitty which was far superior. I left a review that was never posted, emailed 5 times and left 4 voicemail. Shocking company, I would advise that no one ever used them!!!!

julien216
5/18/15

I order a spider man cake, the decoration was of a standard myself and a four year old could have achieved better, we paid £64.00 for this rubbish. The cake recieved looked nothing like the one on the website, I paid extra for candles which did not arrive. This cake was so bad we could not use it and I had to go out and buy another at a cost of £30.00 not spiderman as couldnt get one at such short notice, sooooo dissapointing.
I have rang this company a total of 7 times and as per other reviews, keep being told i need to speak with Richard, but he is very busy, promises of calls back or I will get an email response if i email my complaint, I have emailed my complaint sent photos etc twice, still heard nothing back for a week now. Disgrace!!!!
As per the sale of goods act this is definitly a misrepresentation of goods sold and very poor quality and service. I will continue to pursue this matter out of principal, I have been to a drop in service for Trading standards and they have given me advice and if I dont receive a refund it is likely they will take my case on.
I will keep the progress updated here.

mrsm19
5/15/15

My son's birthday party is tomorrow and I ordered the Minecraft cake for £49.99. Having two children and numerous nieces & nephews I consider myself to be an experienced party cake buyer however, this has to be THE most disappointing cake experience I have ever had, online or otherwise, and the customer service is awful. The cake looks nothing like the one on the Web page. My personalised message has been written by hand in faded text - not iced like the photo and two of the 3 sugar characters were broken including main character "Steve". To be honest they were very flimsy and not good quality. We phoned immediately asking if replacement figures could be posted but were told by a lady that she "just answers the phone" and cant take any action without the bosses approval however, he's always busy or out when we call. I emailed yesterday as instructed by the phone answerer including photos of the broken figures and no one has bothered to answer me or return our calls. Avoid them if you're smart !!

annb40
4/27/15

Ordered a cake for husbands birthday in plenty of time, Did not arrive on date intended. 2 days later, after birthday, i rang the company many times. Apparently busy, then called to pretend I was ordering a cake and straight away I was called back. The guy who rang back called Richard tells me I should have chased up on Pacelforce and tried to pick up from them, so there is not refund. It's not their problem to make sure of delivery. Funny enough I had tried many calls to parcel force and they couldn't help me either. 3 days past delivery still haven't got the cake and New Cakes say parcelforce can still delivery the cake which was sent 4 days ago. They expect me to eat this cake that has been sitting in a van for 4 days. Whatever you do, how ever desperate you are DO NOT ORDER A CAKE FROM THIS COMPANY. I intend to get my money back one way or another.

louiseb35
4/4/15

I bought a minecraft birthday cake for my son priced £49. The cake was damaged, looked nothing like the picture on the website and the main characters were missing. When I contacted them they ignored. Eventually they offered me £10 off my next order. Next order? No thanks my son could have made a better cake. Be warned people and save your hard earned cash !!!

Hello, I would say from my experience they really deliver, I hope everything goes well for and you all have a fantastic celebration!

By Sharon G.
Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

8 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk