Review of NewCakes.co.uk

Tel: 01753 374 726
hello@newcakes.co.uk

draganab3
7/24/18

I ordered a 60th birthday cake for my father birthday party with our dog moulded onto the cake. The cake came and said 29 and not 60 and the dogs head was off, the lefts had fallen off, the base was coming off! They then offered to send me another cake which I declined after seeing the cake as I couldn't risk it being that rubbish again so I asked for a re-fund to which I didn't get any reply and no cake. Nobody communicated with me to say that my offer of a re-fund is excepted and the new cake wasn't coming. it took me to email 3 times to get a reply to which they then told me that I would only get half the re-fund because I didn't want another cake. THIS WAS NO COMMUNICATED TO ME THAT IF I DIDNT WANT A CAKE I WOULD ONYL GET HALF THE RE-FUND. As far I was aware another cake was coming as I didn't have any communication from the company. £95 cake!! Absolute joke!

lloyds48
7/2/18

Ordered the gym cake for my sons 18th.
It was terrible. It looked nothing at all like the image on the website. We paid extra for filling hardly any in it. Dry and horrible. We had a laugh at the companies expensive for the complete fail. At least I got to tell 60 people at the party not to go to this company. Emailed company no response.

sharong121
2/23/18

I paid £93 for a ps4 cake and it had shifted from the base when it arrived....not surprising since it was delivered by UK mail. The cake was a basic black rectangle block with little decorating skill....just don't do it

nirar1
1/3/18

I ordered a cake for my son's 18th birthday just before Christmas. I was really excited on the day of delivery, couldn't wait to see the cake.Hence, it was a heartbreaking experience seeing it first time. I nearly cried!! It was nowhere like what I was requesting and paid for.Cake was too small for XXL size, supposed to be serving 40-50 people, not even managed 20 decent pieces. I had a theme on my order, I sent a photo, of what and how I wanted.It was so horrible there was no play station and remote control was terrible. They said their cake is fresh for 10 days, only on 4th day that we've had the party and the cake was so dry and no taste at all. The experience that I never wanted to have!!! Learned a big lesson, never ever order online cakes!!!

sandrad108
11/10/17

I ordered a birthday cake for my daughters birthday in October when it arrived the cake was damaged. I sent them an email with pictures showing the damage. I received a reply offering a 50% refund which I accepted. After sending emails and making phones calls with them promising the refund I have not received it. I have now come to the conclusion that I will not be getting the refund. I will not be ordering anymore cakes from this company and I would certainly not recommend them.

misss20
9/25/17

Just wanted to say a huge Thank You. Took my daughter out to London for her 21st birthday. Two weeks later... she arranged for 5/6 of us to go for a meal. Ok no problem there! Two days b4 the meal she says 24 have confirmed they're coming to my 21st party. Mum ? You did get a cake? I'm like ... what cake? New cakes made a stunning cake. Absolutely beautiful. Arrived on time and really well packaged. I don't usually bother with reviews but I felt that Hannah deserved a lovely recommendation. She got me out of a slightly awkward situation perfectly. Ps cake tasted gorgeous. Thank you so much x for the Spa Day Cake

mhairic
6/19/17

I bought two cakes one for an eighth birthday and one for a sixty six ! Both arrived packaged beautifully in plenty of time ! The cakes were absolutely delicious ! The service from start to finish was superb ! I highly recommend this company
and will definitely buy from the company again !

saraw74
6/14/17

Love New Cakes. Excellent service, light, great tasting cake which was a diversion from the standard choice and delivered on time as promised. No hassles, lovely communication. I come back again and again.

jays435
5/24/17

I seek the help of New Cakes every year to send my boyfriend a Birthday cake that gives a clue to his main gift. Over the years the requests have gotten a little... bespoke. They never fail to impress, but this year was outstanding. Take a look at the photo, and I think you'll agree!

laural162
5/18/17

I ordered a cake from overseas to be delivered to a London address, and Hannah from the customer service team was absolutely on the ball - friendly, efficient and super helpful with my questions. The recipient of the cake said it looked gorgeous and tasted good. I am definitely going to be a return customer!

gloriab47
5/17/17

We otdered my twin grandsons First Holy Communion cake from New Cakes in Slough.

I spoke to Hannah, who was very pleasant and helpful and guided me through the process and made note of all our requirements.

The cake arrived SO WELL packaged, and in PERFECT condition...I was absolutely bowled over at how beautiful the cake was. Two beautiful blue Bibles on the cake with the boys names on each, with an ornate silver cross...STUNNING!

We ordered the RED VELVET sponge option, which was TO DIE FOR...moist and completely delicious, and a real winner with the boys and ALL of our guests.

There were SO MANY compliments about the beautiful cake. I am so glad we found New Cakes, and will definitely be contacting them again next year for my daughters 30th Birthday cake.

Thank you to Hannah and all the team at New Cakes !!

alexj104
4/4/17

All of the cakes that I have bought from New Cakes have been absolutely amazing and delicious. The customer service is outstanding and I would thoroughly recommend New Cakes to anyone. Thank you Hannah and to all at New Cakes, you are all brilliant.

alixt2
4/1/17

£102 for a cake that arrived in such a state I couldn't serve it. New Cakes first response - have 30% discount off a purchase of a FURTHER cake. Then it was alleged I had damaged the cake intentionally. Then a 30% disc off the cake, then 50%off neither of which have been received. Smashed cake, upset child and mother no money. Cowboys stay well away!!!

A quote from their website...

Please note that if your cake comes with some delicate sugarcraft pieces such as flowers or cartoon characters, these will be can be wrapped separately and will require you to place them on the cake yourself

The Thomas the tank character on my cake with carriages was heavy but transported on top of the cake making the cake sink. Thomas was damaged beyond recognition. When i quoted the website dialogue to New Cakes they told me I was talking nonesense and this had never happened before. The cake looked inedible no child was prepared to eat it. These kind of people should not be allowed to operate. If you ordered an item of clothing and it
Arrived damaged would you expect to receive just 50% refund? No of course not. Why is a cake any different?

danield120
2/22/17

After contacting several other cake companies 5 days before a birthday celebration, all of which told me that it was too late to order a bespoke cake, New Cakes came up trumps and told me that it would be fine and promised that they would be able to deliver on the day I wanted even though I had a very specific idea and designs that I wanted as a surprise 50th birthday cake. The cake arrived on time, beautifully packaged and 10 times better than I could ever have hoped for with incredible attention to detail! It was definitely one of the highlights of the evening and the recipient and the guests were so impressed! I don't normally write reviews but I just felt I had to write something! Please don't hesitate to order from this company!

claireb71
2/13/17

I needed an emoji cake at short notice for my daughter's birthday. I had next day delivery from NewCakes. It came in a sturdy cardboard box full of plastic air bags and the cake was in pristine condition. I also had personal communication from them by phone and email checking details about the cake and my satisfaction with the product. My daughter was so happy with the cake and all her friends and parents were very impressed. We had a lemon flavor sponge and it was delicious. Thank you so much NewCakes! I will be using you again!

francescac10
2/1/17

I ordered a cake for my son's 7th birthday. Unfortunately it was damaged in transit. When I called New Cakes they instantly, no questions arranged a replacement which was delivered within 12 hours in perfect condition. A really great service. The cake was also delicious!

helenl78
1/23/17

Searched for a while to even find a Harry Potter cake so was relieved to see this one. Very good communication with company and cake arrived on time and in perfect condition , tasted and looked extra special. Delighted thank you.

shirleya28
1/16/17

I would recommend new cakes to anyone I ordered a peppa pig cake for my granddaughters 3rd birthday I can say when we saw it we all were amazed it was fabulous so professional Livys face said it allit was so well packaged I won't go anywhere else for cakes again thank you guys it made our day

eme519
12/19/16

What a fantastic job the guys did here. I needed a special army cake making at short notice for the return of my fella he arrived home and saw the cake and was amazed. They managed to get the finest detail onto it even down to the markings and colourings on his shirt. Little buttons done with precise detail. We have kept all the icing parts as a memory for us. (The only thing that could have been better would have been more jam inside the cake as was a little dry). But other than that. Amazing !

kathryne9
12/5/16

Having had the request from my soon to be 5-year old that he wanted a Spider-Man cake and knowing my bakery skills are lacking in this department, I searched online for a Spider-Man cake. I came across the one on your website and showed it to my son along with the Marvel one (with Spider-Man, batman and captain America) which he decided he actually preferred. I ordered the chocolate sponge and for it to arrive on a specific date which it did. The cake looked amazing and my son was delighted. We also got lots of comments at his party about how great the cake was. It also tasted amazing! Thank you so much. I will be recommending you to all my friends and family!

glynism2
12/2/16

Hannah of New Cakes made a great job of our sons 36th birthday cake. I sent a photo to her and there it was on the cake, spectacular. This photo meant a lot to him hence it literally topped the cake off. She then put the wishes underneath the photo. Could not have asked for more. We are in NZ and our son is in UK. It's these little things that mean a lot and there was free delivery and it arrived on his birthday.

sandic7
11/18/16

I have to say the New Cakes peeps did a wonderful cake for my mum's 75th birthday. As my mum is from India I wanted something very special so requested a 'Peacock Cake' as it is the Bird of India. It was so last minute and the final result was absolutely amazing. My mum, family, and party guests loved it. We didn't want to slice it as is was beautiful. Thank you to Hannah and her colleagues for everything. I've used them before for my daughter's 21st and will definitely use them again. Highly recommend these guys. Sandi (cant seem to upload picture but it was stunning)

stacyannb1
10/17/16

I ordered a 30th birthday running man cake for my son's birthday, it was delivered promptly, packed and protected very well, looked very professional and tasted amazing, I will definitely be using New Cakes again,

amandam154
10/17/16

I needed a cake urgently for my fathers 80th birthday I rung New cakes in slough and spoke to shay he worked with me from start to finish with great ideas for my fathers cake we did a football one it came out fantastic he done the cake within 24 hours and it was delivered a day later. The cake was made and delivered within 4 days amazing workman ship and professional company to deal with highly recommended I will be using them again, 200% thank you so much.

amandaj74
10/6/16

Why o why did I not do my research before ordering my cake on line. I ordered a minecraft cake for my 8 year old son as on their website it looked fantastic. How disappointed was I when I received it today. It is completely different from what is advertised on their website. The personalisation was written not even made out of icing. I really didn't think I would be ripped of by this company. I normally never complain or write reviews but I felt compelled to make sure no-one else orders from this company. I am now contacting trading standards and writing to Watchdog to see if any action can be taken. Their website is misleading and what they advertise is not what you receive. I'm so angry they have taken my money and I have received such a poor quality product. Wish I had ordered a cake from Tesco's or Marks & Spencer their cakes are superb just a shame they didn't make a minecraft cake. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

Response from Shay N., NewCakes.co.uk Representative
Hi Amanda,

I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our product. Our team of decorators are highly skilled and are upset to hear that their work did not match what you were expecting.
As all of our cakes are made by hand and to order using the image on the website for illustration purposes only there will be differences in every cake. Each decorator has their own artistic interpretation of how the cake should appear.
I can assure you that the banner, although handwritten is 100% edible. The pens that we use are industry specific and suitable for consumption.

Again we would like to apologise for you not being happy with the product you received and if you would like to; please contact Claire in the office who will be happy to discuss the issue with you and hopefully encourage you to work with us again.

Kind regards,
Shay

Hello, I would say from my experience they really deliver, I hope everything goes well for and you all have a fantastic celebration!

By Sharon G.
Questions? Get answers from the NewCakes.co.uk staff and other customers.

9 Photos for NewCakes.co.uk