Review of Murad

compliance@murad.com
2017 Customer choice award

christinao43
3/27/19

DO NOT ORDER FROM MURAD'S WEBSITE.

I placed an order on March 14, 2019. Although it's still currently showing as "pending" on my Paypal, they automatically pulled my money from my bank account on the day that I placed the order. I e-mailed twice, asking for shipping information or order status, and I got the same answer saying the product I order just came back in stock and they'll send it out soon. It sounded too fishy so I called customer service. I luckily got someone on the phone within 5 minutes (probably because I called right when they opened their lines) and the man on the phone told me that what I ordered was discontinued. WTF?! He just kept saying "I'm so sorry", and I'm waiting for him to propose a solution on a refund and he didn't so I had to ask "So I can get a full refund, correct?". He says once my order is cancelled, then my money that I was charged will go back into my bank account and it'll take "a couple of days". We'll just f*cking see about that. If I don't get a refund, I will be raising hell. Hopefully Paypal will help me with this case. DO NOT SHOP FROM THE WEBSITE!!! I should've read reviews here first, seeing that a LOT of people went through the same thing, but I naively thought that it would be legit since it's their official website. MISTAKE INDEED.

robb209
3/4/19

I love murad products and they have worked miracles for my skin.

But buy your products from sephora or a trusted retailer, not from murad.com. The customer service at murad.com is absolutely terrible. If you order from them you need to just cross your fingers and pray for a miracle because you are probably not going to get what you ordered. Dealing with their customer service is absolutely awful. These people are just rude and could care less about helping you. You can hear in their voices that they absolutely hate their lives and they hate their jobs. Its definitely the worst customer service in the industry. I won't be returning to purchase anything from them again. Just buy your products from Sephora or Ulta and save yourself the heartache. These people really do not care about you. They don't want to help you. They are so mean. They have literally just flat out yelled at me on the phone before. Given you that fake nice voice in a high pitch "oh, we are so so sorry." blah blah. It's just a terrible company.

Do not shop on murad.com

anitas132
1/20/19

I recieved my 30 day acne control trial package on the 18th of January. After 1 day of use, I ended up in the Urgent Care with eyes and face swollen!!!!

maryf411
12/17/18

Bought the trial 30 day supply as a gift and was shocked to see a charge for a 90 day supply the following month. Horrible service response indicated that I was to blame, although I never "checked the box" that agreed to a subscription. They make undoing their own dishonest charge as difficult as possible. If the product were as great as advertised, they wouldn't need to resort to unethical business practices to keep shipping. BEWARE.

alianav1
8/12/18

The acne products left my face very dry, at some point, my face began to peel away feom the acne, but at least I know my face was clean.

terrij39
7/27/18

Ordered product got rma# to send back. a month later still havent got almost 200$ . Was told to send bank statement showing I didnt get refund. I call again because I still didnt get refund and now they say I never was charged for there product that I need to send bank statement where they charged me. Dont buy from this company. I was nice each time even guy thank me foe being nice but today he was rude and said they cant refund me money I didnt pay

garimaj3
7/17/18

Never order directly from there website. I paid 10 days ago and still havent received my order.no purchase receipt from them and when you try to call them.... theyll keep you on hold u till you hang. Wonderful products but they are loosing sale because of bad customer service.

kaylag47
6/25/18

I have been using Murad for over 15 years now. I always bought the product from Ulta or Sephora. I decided to try to go to website to have the product mailed to me, thinking it would be best to go direct. Murad proved this logic to be wrong!
The problem with the 90 day subscription is that they send the product and bill after (creating a mess.) I thought it would be no problem having my account on auto-draft until my card was compromised in February. I called Murad to give them a new card number and March and asked them to charge me February and March and they said it would come out. I didn't follow up on my bank statement as I am super busy with working all the time. Then, in April, I called Murad to cancel the 90 day thing because I wanted to switch my regimen and get full sized products. I asked the lady over the phone if I was done paying and I was in the clear, and she said yes! Then in June, I look at my mail and have a collections notice. Very shocking to someone that has great credit and likes to be on-time with everything! In a nut shell, this whole experience has discouraged me from ever using Murad again for the full fact that the experience has been less than satisfactory and no one at Murad would own up to the fault in their communication. I am very disappointed in this brand and how they have handled the situation. DO NOT GET THESE 90 DAY PRODUCTS! I SAW A REVIEW SIMILAR AND THOUGHT I WOULDNT BE AFFECTED AND I WAS! :(

hughw15
9/25/17

I am getting older and i sure don't want to look older who does right. so i google anti aging skin care and Murad.com is listed. I have never heard of Murad so i got on the site to see what they were all about. i signed up for emails alerts and the very first email was a welcome 20% off your first purchase code WELCOME20. so i got back on the website. they offer a lot of acne products but i don't have acne and sense i have never heard of them i wasn't going to spend $400 without knowing if the product was any good. so i found a couple items to purchase put in the code and it returned a 10% discount not 20% as promised. I replied to the welcome offer email asking why i only got a 10% discount. I was told it was because i selected a starter kit, mind you this starter kit is on an auto ship where it replenishes your supply indefinitely until cancelled so it is hardly a loser for Murad. And how would i know that it wasn't included there was no disclosure i would have needed to downloaded that from their website. so i will never know if Murad is a good product or snake oil. and telling me what i selected did not qualify is pretty shady its a lot like bait and switch. This is not how you win new customers. I have not heard back from Murad. if I do it will be because of this review. as a business owner the way you win new customers and keep them is to do what you say. why offer something if you have stipulations where you can't use it?? but no worries there are a lot of anti-aging skin care lines so i doubt missing this one is going to make any difference. Murad offered then refused. that is not only rude it's really a poor business practice.

roshe12
9/25/17

Do not buy anything from Murad website. They keep charging you and sending their useless products. I called them and the customer service person was extremely rude. You have to pay for shipping back their stuff. None of their products work and they are trying to send them to you and charge you without your authorization. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE

heatherr93
9/12/17

Horrible customer service experience! Several months ago I called and cancelled any kits and auto deliveries bc I lost my job and the online system kept showing product for auto delivery even though I cancelled it online and it would tell me it was still there. Spoke to a woman and she ensured me that all auto deliveries and kits were cancelled. Come 9/7 I was charged for $127 and $67 dollars. Company kept refusing to let me talk to a manager and once I finally did they said my only option was to get a rma number and bring back to ups store and pay for shipping. I can't even buy my kids food let alone pay for shipping on something. They told me there was nothing more they could do. I will never buy product from murad again in the future and I DONT RECOMMEND MURAD to anyone! Save your money and find a company willing to give you a good customer experience

jills85
7/16/17

I started buying from Murad in the early 90s. Back then their products were regular sized, really worked, and while they didn't yet have a website, their customer service was good. No longer. Now they let you earn points for your purchases, but what you get for those points is a large amount of stress and nothing else. It took me a long time to acquire 2000+ points, and they were offering "$50 e Gift Card" for 1000 points. I put in for 2 of them to give as gifts, but that is NOT what you get. No gift cards, no gifts. You have to spend money to use what they give you, and you have to buy the products right then so there is no way to gift these and there are no cards. It's $50 off of a purchase of $60 or more. After ALL the problems I've had, I didn't want anything else from them. I thought they'd make good gifts, but even though their website said I'd be getting 2 of the $50 e Gift Cards, I didn't. I got $50 off a purchase of $60 or more, and could not use both of them at once. When I asked them to honor what their website said they were giving, they said they would definitely call me back within 2 days. No call. So I called again, got a ton of apologies and a promise that someone would call me by the next day. And they didn't call me back then either. And the worst of it was that the codes would not work. I would get error messages saying I must've entered the code wrong, when I cut & pasted it from the place they gave me the code, and I fully understand the concept of upper & lower case letters, etc. When I first called, I was told by a very rude man that the codes had already been used. NOT BY ME! Then, in the same phone call, but several minutes later, the rude guy told me that I must've entered the code wrong. I didn't. But if it had already been used, then why was I then being told I must've entered the code wrong. These people lie like crazy, don't keep promises, and the "rewards" I earned were NOT worth the stress and hassle. I will NEVER buy from Murad again. There are now over the counter products made by Gold Bond Ultimate (related to the Gold Bond powder people) that are just as good as Murad without the hassle or the expense. They have neck and decollette cream, rough & bumpy skin cream, and a bunch of others and I've yet to pay over $10 for one of these and they do exactly what they say they do, but are full sized products that never cost over $10. You can spend hundreds at Murad and still get screwed by their lying customer service people, supervisors and they cheat you out of the "rewards" you've been promised. Use Gold Bond Ultimate products and save yourself a TON of stress! Also, keep in mind that even if you return unopened products, they have to dispose of them, so return empty products to get your money back, and keep any and all freebies they send (which are usually just little one-use envelopes of products). NOTHING is worth the lies and stress that Murad will put you through! Finally, they have these 30 day kits of various kinds and the products are so small that no matter how little I used, they wouldn't last a week, let alone a month. Dr. Murad needs to review who he's hired to run his company because it's gone from amazing products in regular sized products just about 5 or6 years ago down to products so small that they are useless and will never last the time they claim they'll last. I got one product in a monthly kit that was a tiny tube that had 0.14oz. of product. Less than a teaspoon! I get larger gift products at Macy's with my Clinique purchases! And another reviewer is right, the 3 free samples you get which are just one use or less little envelopes do NOT even resemble the photo they show you that you'll be getting. Finally, nothing works as they claim any more. Murad products used to be amazing! Now nothing works as it says. Their Firming Peptide Body Treatment ($38) and the Body Firming Cream ($45) do NOTHING to firm the skin! NOTHING! I bought both and used them for the 60 days I had before returning, and was not impressed at all. The Gold Bond Ultimate products for firming the neck & decollette and their other products make Murad look like a scam now. Dr. Murad was one of the original glycolic acid users, but now he's using junk that sounds fancy but doesn't do anything to help you, except it helps you go broke fast unless you return the empty bottles before their time limit ends. That's what I've ended up doing, and now that they managed to get me to spend money to use my NOT e Gift Cards, but were just discounts off a purchase, they've got all the money they will EVER get out of me. Beware of Murad. It's not what they are sellling you!

eileens32
6/10/17

First off they charge you more for something you can get much cheaper from Nordstrom. And they tend to forget to mention the free samples you're getting does not remotely resemble the sample in the pic but is only a 0.05(!) oz!!! If it was not for the self paid return I would've returned my purchase in a heart beat :((

sheilam81
5/9/17

I made the mistake of ordering directly from Murad.com and ended up getting screwed. They sent me $105 worth of product that I didn't order and then told me that I had to pay for shipping both ways if I wanted a refund. What a scam. You can get better prices on Amazon.com and EBay.com anyway. Stay away from Murad.com at all costs (or it will cost you!).

marionav
9/25/14

will you have discount in the future ? a little expensive

kimberlih
1/24/14

the amount of product they send you is not enough for a month to test and find out if it really works. However what you do get does feel delightful on your skin. I really feel that it would be a good product to try if they give you enough product to make a real evaluation.

jacqueliner6
11/29/13

Heard good news bout this from my girl. great job.

alysaf
4/4/13

This site is amazing for anti aging skin care products. The site is very easy to use. If you have a specific skin concern like wrinkles or age spots, you can search for products based on your needs. Their products make a huge difference. It is also great that they show hundreds of reviews for their products, so you know the experience of others before purchasing. This site is a godsend.

dawnp
6/16/10

Great products and I especially like their acne clearing line. I have sold these products for years and my clients have always enjoyed them. You can buy them locally through sephora and professional estheticians may also sell them. They even sell "skin vitamins" which are supplements designed to help the appearance of the skin.

sheilaw
6/3/08

murad products are EXPENSIVE - my girlfriend requested some of this stuff for her bday, but this place is insanely expensive. Is there another website that I can buy this at?

sharonh
5/14/08

I think perricone is better - Saw this site and it seems like the same stuff perricone sells. I think the perricone stuff that I use is probably better, but if anyone has used both and thinks Murad is better please let me know.

19 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I got the time release acne face wash and the anti-aging moisturizer and it worked almost immediately. Cleared everything up within about a week and I haven't had much to complain about since then.

By Hannah B.

The youth renewal night cream burned a bit the first few times I used it but it wasn't unbearable.

By Selena Z.

It really depends on how much you use and how often you use it. What's nice is that they offer auto-shipping options, at a discounted price, for 30, 60 and 90 days. You don't have to have anything auto-shipped though.

By Selena Z.

I originally started buying Murad acne products for my daughter and was impressed with the results. I just started using the Youth Renewal cream and it's awesome. The cream really has helped make my skin look brighter and tighter.

By Selena Z.

Most of the Murad products are meant for all over use. The exception is the Rapid Relief Spot Treatment.

By Jenn M.
Questions? Get answers from the Murad staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Murad