Meals On Wheels

Meals On Wheels has a consumer rating of 1.94 stars from 17 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Meals On Wheels also ranks 86th among Food Delivery sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 16.7%
How would you rate Meals On Wheels?

“The Only Charity You should Invest Your Hard Earned life Into.”

Brian D.
11/28/19

Do you really want to give to a worthy organization. Please give to Meals on wheels. I am 71 years old, my life would be torcher without this great organization that truly helps people in need. Please be generous. I will thank you personally

“Won't help”

Mary G.
4/17/20

Just got a call from Meals On Wheels I had made an application for my mom she is 83 yrs old and lives alone. Has limited ways of going to store can't cook for herself. Well they said they couldn't help her bc if any of her family is able to take her meals then they can't help . I told them really her neighbors caretaker is there with them all day and they get meals on wheels. Their daughter lives across the street also . My mom is alone all day and all night especially now my husband and I are 67 and we have a lot of underlying healt problems which drs don't want us taking chances of going out I have gone a couple of times to leave her meals on patio my mom has really serious heart problem and she fell not to long ago and can barely walk bc of her arthritis and I told them that and they did said sorry I bet if we were rich she would be helped. And I was go king y to o start donating money I don't think so I'll give to St Jude as have been and that's it

maryg1031
April 17th, 2020
jennifern364
March 23rd, 2020
I have to pay for this?!! These people claim to need donations yet they want to charge me, (senior on disability social security income only), over $6.00 per meal!
darcieb3
November 15th, 2019
It seems every location in every state has its problems but the one I find consistent is the quality. I have had many problems with how I'm treated by staff but not the volunteers. I'm afraid to even write this because of retaliation because it WILL happen. These meals are usually just a snack. The hamburger is too ugly to look at. I will only eat it when it is mixed in with other things i.e. sauce. The portion sizes wouldn't satisfy anyone. You can tell if the cook has been replaced or guidelines have changed... I guess. Either to spicy or bland. The cranberry smells like mold and I have to move the other food to a plate as I can't stand smelling it as I eat. If you get a salad their idea of a salad is... well...NOT a true salad or even again the portion size.
I'm thankful to have such an organization where I live. I look forward to most of the volunteers coming. I thank them everyday and even give a Christmas ornament and card every year. I wouldn't eat anything on most days with out this help. I do however cringe before looking at the meal. Sorry MOW but this is the truth
doriss35
February 3rd, 2018
It was suggested by my social worker that I call meals on wheels because I am a disabled Sr. and I had no way going to the store. The person I spoke to immediately and literally started interrogating me like I was a criminal. She was rude and condescending and told me I wasnt sick enough to qualify and that I should take the bus to the grocery. If you are black, unless you are on your deathbed don't bother calling this organization for help.
laurap44
January 1st, 2019
Review 1: the people who work there are fine and helpful. however, the volunteers who deliver are low quality people. Meals show up about 50 % of the time. Not good if you are dependent on this service. Today is New Years Day. No delivery arrived yesterday, so nothing to eat today. Tomorrow is Wednesday. THey don't deliver on Wednesday. Usually you get a frozen meal for Wednesday before Wednesday arrives. So, I guess I won't eat tomorrow either.
One day, someone came, rang my door bell once. I was in the livingroom about 8 feet from the door. I went to the door struggling because it is hard to walk. When I got to the door, she was at the end of the street about to turn. I tried to hail her to no avail. At least that was earlier in the day. I called senior plus. They were able to send a deliverer from next town over. They contacted my actual deliverer said "I'm done. I'm going home". not impressed.
Review 2: I just upgraded the stars because I am impressed they deliver despite almost no resources. They say they give 30% daily requirement of protein. Not true. Not all meals have protein. 30% is not enough. I am always hungry. For a long time I had nothing to eat on weekends. That was hard. But now they are delivering frozen meals for me to eat on weekends.
Today my meal fell on the floor. None of it was rescued. So I will not eat today. They are doing what they can within resources available.
cherylb340
February 21st, 2019
i started to get meals on wheels, this food is terrible, i dont know how people can even eat it..bread is hard, no flavor at all. bratworst is fried on one side. nothing good at all about it.its like would you serve this food to your family? NO
juliep70
June 18th, 2019
My mil is in her 80's and she has Dementia. The food that was delivered at 10:30 was to be the only meal. Let me explain it another way. If they are going to help the elderly, then do what you can to show some compassion not signs they should get food stamps. The elderly should consume as many calories as they can. The Meals On Wheels get this one meal they call "Between lunch and dinner." That meal should help them a lot. 836 calories is nothing. Great idea if they can put in as many calories as the drivers eat a day. Do not brag
jaquiem
September 27th, 2018
Really helped my granny a lot during some months she was on this service and during which time I could not run lunch over to her and Doordash was getting way too expensive. Some of the volunteers aren't very sunny or well-dispositioned, but the service itself was a god-send.
arlenej24
May 7th, 2019
Members of my family are eighth in line to receive services from Meals On Wheels. I told the lady from Meals on Wheels, Linda, how urgent their need is and all I got from her was, "That's too bad". Hope she experiences this situation, when she is a senior.
starb19
July 24th, 2019
taste like dog food...i'm starving and cant eat it.... better go out of business//taste like dog food
dj139
July 30th, 2019
On July, 30 2019 I had called Meals on Wheels to check the status of my application. I had used them last year but some circumstances came up and a few times I had forgotten to call and tell them that I won't be home. I didn't do it intentionally but understandable I was taken off but I reapplied and had to send in the form and called to get the status and the lady talked to me like she was really upset with me. I called her back and told her that everybody makes mistakes from time to time and that her attitude was uncalled for. I canceled my application because it's not right how so people think they can just treat and talk to seniors or people in need any kind of way. I just she has never made any mistakes.
zoee4
August 9th, 2017
The meals delivered where I live are mostly inedible. The canned fruit and veggies are usually alright. The pasta & rice is always seriously overcooked and served swimming in water. Any dish with chicken is always so overcooked it's like trying to eat particleboard. Impossible. The rest of the meals use hamburger which is always boiled until it's a flavorless much then spiced with a much to heavy dose of chili powder. Can you imagine spaghetti or lasagna with chili powder flavored meat? Yes, horrible. Lately the food delivered has been burned to a charcoal black. Not just one incident but often.
In the end I usually wind up eating the canned fruit, the salad if one comes with it and drinking the milk.
lindaf120
May 15th, 2017
They don't care about their volunteers or putting much too young children assisting, lol, volunteers with delivery at harm's way! Their DEFINITELY RACISTS AND WILL LIE IN A MINUTE!!!! Wonder what their SALARY IS? MonWHEELS AND ALLLLLL OF THEIR ENTITIES ARE SATAN RUN!.TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TOO: OPEN HAND, SENIOR CONNECTION, ETC., ETC.. THEY DENY PPL THAT ARE TRULY ELEGIBLE AND PICK AND CHOOSE! Be careful with ur loved ones with these so to think heaven sent people!!!!
hermanw14
February 6th, 2015
yes I'm and African American 63 year old that was receivingsenior lunches. from the beginning I had problems. with delivery because I have doctors or have other appointmentsandjust starting the seniors meals program was not at home or didn't call to let down no that I wasn't going to be at home a few times but once I understood the program I follow all the rules.i was called and got yelled at because someone or the deliverer told one of the deliver persons in charge that I wasn't home so I received a phone call from this person yelling at me because he was told I wasn't home. I called and talk to someone about that I've never got an apology or anything for that. On January 12/15 I change lunches now Miss Rihanna is in charge she came out to give me my 6 months evaluation ask me questions about how I like it seniors meals. but after hour valuation was over I asked when was the meals custart she told me the following Monday on the 26 well I waited but I didn't get any lunches until that Wednesday in which there were only two lunches I didn't receive it Monday lunch at all I called talked to someone that was in charge and they indicated that they couldn't have transfer my lunches within the net the time and my conference meeting what witness Rihanna was find the on the 18th I'm sorry the third the 12th January and I couldn't understand why I didn't receive it Monday lunch and nothing was done also I had to ask miss veronica misery on our other is there a pamphlet or booklet with all other agencies the Lleder help.she implied O I think I've got one out in my car well my understanding if you going to come to give me my 6 week evaluation that should have came in with you when I was being questioned about what I like and what I thought about the program so my concern is that I feel that there are different rules for certain people I called day before yesterday because I set at home from the time that they start their deliveries until one in which they stop I received a phone call at 105 indicating that my senior meal was at my door well I had called senior meals and told them that 1:55 that I had to leave and that I am going to stop getting the lunches because just cause we are seniors does not mean that we do not have other things to do and cannot set at home from the time they start delivering and after their deliver ends. waiting for seniors meals I don't think that's fair to any senior and maybe have shakin a tree that probably was not intended to be shaken but it's the truth to me this is one man opinion thank you
briand637
November 28th, 2019

truly helps people in need. Please be generous.

I will thank you personally
lindaf114
April 7th, 2017
Atlanta based MOW AND THEIR OTHER ENTITIES LIKE OPEN HAND AND SENIOR CONNECTION IS JUST AS BAD AND HAVE THEIR FAVORITES! I too experienced what the other 63 yr.old female did! Meals came randomly and some meals had been gone through and most nutrious given to others! I DID get their leftovers! If you live in ATLANTA JUST PRAY FOR THIS DERANGED PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY STATED I HAD LEFT DEATH THREATS! Obviously this are lost hallucinating souls that seriously need "GOD"!!!BUT DON'T EVER DEPEND ON THEIR MEALS AS THEY ARE LIARS AND VERY WISHY WASHY IN THEIR INSPICABLE LIES!!!!!! Maybe they will be gone soon as GOD doesn't allow ppl like MOW , OPEN HAND, NOR SENIOR CONNECTION NOR HELP FOR THE AGING! All sound great but please seek help elsewhere as they ARE ALL MEAN AND RUTHLESS PPL!!!! Sorry for a negative report but that's how it is and one should ALWAYS BE HONEST!
brittanyh59
March 15th, 2018
What an amazing service that is provided to the community. However it- Needs more support, volunteers & finical backing. Please help support if you are at all able.

The answer is that this organization is run by well meaning people however somewhere along the line somebody's making money to give seniors bad food. Food that is in many cases expired. Or just plain rotten. Meat that's boiled until it is beyond all recognition. And when I asked for just the milk, bread and fruit I was told it's all or nothing. That only makes sense if someone has another agenda or is invested in making this happen.

By Tamlyn M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Meals On Wheels staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meals On Wheels?

Have a question about Meals On Wheels?