Review of Minel.com.au

Tel: +44 20 3287 8731
minel.com.au@gmail.com

staceyd73
10/5/18

I reported the following companies to the Chinese embassy with no response.

Minel:

The products I purchased was not only disappointing but I spent $400 for a piece of cheap 3rd grade material, frayed sewing, wrong size and wrong colour. I had paid for a custom made dress for an upcoming wedding and had no response from the company directors in London or the customer service agents. Now I have to resort to looking for another dress. Had I known what I was up against, I would have bought my dress from Harrods or David Jones Sydney or Macy in US

I informed the embassy that it was okay to demand a good product from the west but these companies, yes these China made companies were producing rubbish for the rest of the world. The rest of world should boycotting any country that produces rubbish on mass AND copy everyone's fashion. My parents are textilists and had over 5 generations but what have we allowed. Only one generation of rubbish producers.

These are absolutely scammers. I would not put it pass them for a star - not even one - for cheap junk.

DH Gate

I bought an engineering tool and shower system from DHGATE and what I got was a piece of steel painted in silver acclaiming it was chrome. The inside of the shower head was screwed with iron screws. And as for those who knows what iron does when mix it water - it rusted. The connection between the top part and the bottom part fitted but kept on leaking. I contacted them and they returned with an email to say that were sending in another - the second one was not wrapped and had a dent. I gave up

Fashionmia - this was the second company I dealt online and yes it too was a great disappointment. I bought a large size dress with pockets. Instead I got a dress marked Large and no pockets. The sleeves couldn't fit. I reported it and they asked me to send $16 for another. I did and they sent the same dress.

My parents bought a fork and after one dig, the fork turned 45 degrees.

WHAT HAVE WE REALLY ALLOWED TO HAPPEN. WAKE UP EVERYONE. TAKE BACK YOUR OWN MANUFACTURING

CHEAP IS CHEAP AND NASTY. NOT CHEAP AND QUALITY

heatherg160
9/4/18

Absolutely horrible dress - wrong colour, wrong size and badly made - some lace cut out some left with backing on some tule overlaps an leaves bits sticking up all over the show - companies reply - you order this dress no refund no return - don't buy from here as they are an absolutel rip off !!!

danielab17
7/8/18

This company is a total scam, I purchased a dress for $229 online, it looked lovely online what i received was not even the same dress I purchased firstly the dress online was champagne colour i received a navy blue disgusting dress that was 2 sizes too small! I am appalled by the treatment I have received from this company firstly their returns policy clearly states that I am eligible for a full refund, however, I have only been advised that I can receive 8% of the purchase price!!!!! What the????? Terrible!!! I am soooo upset I gave my money to this company trusting them when they are fraudulent, I wish I saw these reviews before I paid them. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

jedr2
5/8/18

This company should be closed down.. we all should continue the fight to stop this site from operating. Its a scam... its poor quality, NO customer service..
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SO CALLED COMPANY... THEY ARE A SCAM....

tracyw110
1/24/18

The dress arrived in the wrong colour and the made to measure didn't fit at all.
The company did offer to make another but for the price of $180. I don't think so when I had already spent $230 on this dress. What a scam. Awful experience

mariag216
9/30/17

I ordered a dress from MINEL Australia and I receive an horrible dress. They don't honour their return policy and even when they offer 15% refund they don't pay it!

laurab276
9/11/17

Do not buy from this company, Purchased 3 bridesmaid dresses paid the $30 extra for custom measurements. All 3 dresses are way to big. When contacted Minel got a really rude email back stating made to my demands, (these were not the measurements i asked for) Will refund $40 OK!
What are joke.

karenh252
Karen H.
8/4/17

my dress arrived wrong dress colour & size got in touch with minel and they want photos of me in the dress that I cannot get into . They offered to replace dress but I would have to buy material really . Donot waste you time with this company it's a scam

annh102
8/3/17

I recommend this dress to anyone who is looking for something nice to wear for an occasion. It stands out. I don't regret buying it.And this website will not let you down. Believe me.

ashleej3
6/29/17

Don't waste your money. $180 lost and a dress that liturally looks like a rubbish bag! Offered 6% refund after many emails back and forth. Had to go buy a new dress after I was blocked from all sites when 6% wasn't good enough! Waste of time money and anger!

julieo28
6/17/17

Just disgusted with your company as I recently purchased a dress that does not fit and paid extra for it to fit me. You wanted extra from me to fix your Hugh mistakes and treated me the same as your other sad customers. Bad real BAD

rossm82
6/13/17

This would have to be the worst company i have ever dealt with

This would have to the worst company i have dealt with the dresses were cheaply made and did not fit and looked nothing like on the internet ( Made in China ) not that this is a bad thing i don't think this company even seen the finished product that they sell .They contacted me when i email them and they told me to send photos of the dresses as i did . they emailed me and told me they would fix the dresses but it would cost extra . I told them no i will send them back and i want my money back
I got a email back saying that they will give me a 10% discount and keep the dresses i told them no what can i do with dresses that look horrible and the straps on one were so short my wife could not even get the dress on .Then they emailed me back and offered me 20% discount and keep the dresses and sell them to someone else
As i told them want a joke i bought them for my wife as she was going to wear one to our daughters wedding . We did all the right measurements for the dress to fit
I just want my money back and i don,t want the dresses i want to send them back and get my money back
I would never deal with this company as they still have not settled my refund our re-post address to send dresses back yet
I will be going to talk to consumer affairs
ONE OF THE EMAILS FROM THEM
We sincerely apologize for the problems you've encountered with the product.Sorry to disturb you again. We really try our best to make the dress and we spend a lot on buying materials for the dress, paying staff salaries,freight,the custom tax, and paying the money to the tailors and the designers and so on. But now, we have to return your money, that means we lose the money and the dress for nothing. Shall we refund you part of the amount but not full refund and you keep the dress? Beg for your understanding.What's more,if you return it, you need to pay high freight and should wait a few days for the refund. So how about we refund you 20% cost of the dress. If you accept,we will send money to you as soon as possible.
Yours,
Cooper from Minel
THIS IS THERE RETURN POLICY

Minel provides customer-friendly return policy:

All our dresses are newly made and inspected, no matter they are custom-made or standard size, so there is no need to worry about change and return if want to choose custom-made.
If you don't like the dress you ordered, you can return or re-make.
If there exists color shading, you can return or re-make.
If there are some problems with size, you can return or re-make.
Those who just want to order a dress for trying on is strictly prohibited. For we have limited time and energy to provide such service.

premab
6/12/17

The tailoring and shipping time was OK for me. It only took 12 days for me to get my beautiful dress. Really a quick delivery.

lisay32
2/23/17

Hey guys, I also bought two dresses from this website and the dresses turned out to be horrible. They also offered me an 8% refund which is totally pointless. So, I am going to sue them.
They are a Hong Kong based company and I am firstly going to issue a complaint to the Hong Kong Consumer Council.
I am really keen on bringing the hidden directors of this company to light!

Let me know by messaging below.

sarahk122
2/21/17

This company uses photos of OTHER beautifully made and more expensive gowns and then sends you some trash made from China that doesn't fit. Despite their "policy" they refused to give me my money back, a credit note or help fix the problem and now I'm left with this hideous dress!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

tessm14
2/19/17

My experience is exactly the same as others. Fell in love with my wedding dress online and didn't read the reviews before buying. BIG MISTAKE! The dress arrived, wrong colour, wrong size, cheap beading that was completely different to the photos. I emailed customer service explaining my situation, including photos and the original sizing I had ordered - their refund policy entitled me to a new dress or a refund. I asked for both solutions. They told me to get a quote to get it altered. Which would have cost me $150.00. I asked for the $150 + $30 that it cost to get it altered to "my size". They offered 8% of the dress cost. $320 / 8% = $25.60. Wtf?! I pleaded, threatened with bad reviews. They then offered me 10%. I threatened again. They told me that's all they would offer. So I conceded. Still no refund after 2 weeks of confirming 10% back.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

leenab2
1/31/17

I cannot describe my frustration. They are so manipulative. They call themselves as "Refund frendily"!!!!! It is a big lie.
I hope this website will be closed after all these complaints.

carolynm77
12/22/16

This company used to be called Jade Gowns they changed their name because of all the bad reviews! Worst dresses ever, terrible quality, cheap and nasty the dresses look nothing like the photos. Terrible customer service they need to be put out of business for good! not just change their name to scam more people! WORST ONLINE SHOP EVER

fardisz
12/8/16

# Lisa ..I am tottaly In to sue this company. I really want them to stop doing this to people. It is not fair.

staceyb53
12/7/16

I'm disgusted in these people, I payed $380 for a wedding dress and got a completely un ware able cheap dress that was the wrong colour, bust 3 times to big, hips way to tight, way to long, doesnt even touch my skin around the rib cage, looks absolutely nothing like the pictures, and came with 4 holes in the lace! I begged for a refund as I sent my own measurement's and was offered a 8% refund that's about $28 Aussie dollars! Are you kidding me????? DO NOT buy from hear ladies you will be sorry! I believe any good reviews are written by them, they are criminal's and we have to stop letting them get away with it so spread the word!!

tarynk1
11/27/16

This website is a joke! Its an Australian website run from Hong Kong and all the writing on their website is written in broken english. There is no contact phone number only email and response time from the company is poor. I asked to cancel my order within 24hours of making it and as per their refund policy i was owed a full refund which they will not give me after countless emails and have offered they keep 70% of the dress cost and give me 30% back or they can still mail me the dress. Unacceptable!!
They just want to scam me out of my hard earned money even though i followed their refund policy
Disgusting company!!!

allisong31
11/21/16

Worst company ever. Apparently have changed names several times due to bad business. My issue is the same as all the others i have read on here (its a shame i didnt read them first). Dress came completely wrong colour (pastel pink instead of peach or coral colour), different beading style (instead of covering bust only, it went down to the waist), Knee length split instead of thigh height and it looks like a square cut split rather than a neat one, sizes all out of whack ( i followed their size guide and got one way too big in waist and bust and way too small in hips). 2 darts in the front waist as stiff satin was used instead of the free falling chiffon advertised with no darts. They looked at pictures agreed it was not correct apologised then offered me 10% refund which was $21 as i paid $210. When i said that is unacceptable, they said they would let me keep the (trashy cheap) dress. I said no i want a refund like your page says you provide if the colour, size is wrong and they said we are a low profit company we cannot afford it. They refuse to let me speak to a supervisor and kept responding with "we did offer you a refund all you have to do is accept and problem solved" The only problem that would remain is i would have still lost 90% of the cost. Complete rip offs I would actually use the word thieves....

kimo39
11/9/16

Total scam. Steer clear or lose your money!!!!

nadinen2
10/8/16

Custom ordered a dress for my daughters formal at a cost of $230.00 It was delivered way too big for my daughter. The the bust looks like it would fit someone with a DD cup bra size. My daughter is a 12 c. Halter length way too long and waist also. Took it to a dress maker who advised she cannot alter it. Minel will not give my money back, offered 10% refund, on looking up others reviews I know this 10% will not appear. This sight used to be Jade Gowns. I know now why they changed their name. alot of disappointed people across the globe. Rip off company. My daughter is devastated as money is short in our family, and we have just lost $230 with no dress to wear. BUYER BEWARE.

joys62
10/6/16

This company used to be jadegowns.com and they have now shut this down to create a new website called minel.com.au so they can scam people!

I cancelled my order within 24 hours after finding out bad reviews about this company. It clearly says on their website that they will refund the full amount if it's cancelled within 24 hours. It's over a month now and they haven't returned my money! This girl called daisy Chen said she has processed my refund but it's all a lie after calling my bank!! I did not receive any product and they don't wanna give my money back! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!! Please beware AND NEVER BUY FROM THEM

Questions? Get answers from the Minel.com.au staff and other customers.

Minel.com.au?