Review of MetroFax

Tel: 888.321.3121
info@metrofax.com

cinthiab6
1/11/19

I signed up for a Free Trial with Metrofax and requested to cancel it when the trial ends, after the trial ended Metrofax continuous to charge my credit card I realized it after 5 months, I called to request a refund, First I spoke to a supervisor name RYAN who told me he will going to investigate the problem and call me back in 2-3 days, I was waiting for his call for the next 3 weeks, HE NEVER CALLED BACK then I called again and talked to JAMES another supervisor who said they don't do refund, and told me that they don't call back but they send emails reply, I was chocked about another bad customer service because I never received an email from RYAN (Supervisor), Then JAMES said he will going to find out why RYAN didn't send me the email, it's all about scamming people
Their website said in order to have the free trial you need to enter your credit card, I trusted them with my credit card and they keeping charging my card after the free trial, they took advantage on me. DO NOT TRUST THEM with your credit card info.

laurens321
1/2/19

I just realized that I need HIPPA compliance for my very small, single-person business. They sent me to eCorporate, which tried to charge me three times the industry standard. MetroFax won't release the number to port to something reasonable. I'm entirely trapped and instead have to go through the headache of switching numbers with every. single. customer. I'm livid. Don't do it.

theresac133
10/9/18

I checked my bank statement and saw charges equaling to $17.95 per month. I never signed up for this. The person on the phone could not even give me any information. Jerk told me I had to call my bank. While on the phone with my bank found other charges in the same amount. What a bunch of DONKIES

leanettet2
9/19/18

I signed on with them, on a trial offer basis. It was so simple: Just enter your Recipient and upload your attachments with the cover sheet (provided). No worries, no foul. WRONG. Several faxes had to be resent at least 2-3 times due to system or site error or bug, or "system not processing, please try again later" or better "invalid upload or processing, please try again later". Horribly unacceptable. Contacted their CS about it via email (as it's evidently their only means of communication) and all they responded was a deadpan, canned response. Very poor service compared to their fierce competitors. PASS.

timothyb203
9/16/18

I have three fax lines in my business to in my office one in my home why would I sign up for this company call them told me that I need to provide my credit card number for them to stop service I have 12 cards with me do not know which one they use call in a credit card companies in the morning filing fraud charges against them saying I signed up on the internet of course they're out of California this is nothing but a lying stealing company

lisaa340
8/23/18

This company has no integrity. I've had multiple problems with their service. the worst is not that they received my request to port to another company (because i need more security encryption that they do not offer), they cut off my ability to receive faxes and continued to bill me. i called metrofax to investigate why i can't receive faxes and they sent me one from their office, yet no one else can get a fax thru to me. Low integrity. bad service. Absolutely i would not recommend.

tomd305
7/17/18

I signed up for a free trial then canceled the account a day later. Charged me $34.95 and refuses to refund the amount.

tw111
6/18/18

I did not read the reviews before I signed up. I WISH I would have. Terrible company. They make it as difficult as possible to cancel their service. I used the service for one fax. I've tried to cancel now for three months and am still battling with them. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use this company again. I would highly recommend that you stay away from this crappy company.

sherrym149
6/7/18

Don't even try this Company!!! This company makes it impossible to cancel your subscription. I emailed them to cancel effective the following month and received a reply that I needed to call their billing dept to cancel and my account would remain active until that time.
Unfortunately, each time I tried to call the # provided, I would get a fast busy signal when choosing an option. It didn't matter which option I chose, even a new sale or upgrade of my account. They make it impossible to cancel your account by phone and tell you that is the only way it can be done.
According to what I have seen on the internet, there is a class action suit against them in California.

karenk309
6/4/18

Metrofax refused to cancel my account after many attempts. They were also very rude about it. I also on more than one occasion received some medical faxes from an unknown person to my account. this is a violation of HIPPA. I told him about it and they did not even acknowledge it

ebonyg14
5/10/18

We use metro fax through Safari and overtime there is an issue. They do not communicate with their customers to let them know. The minute you contact them about an issue there first response is clear cache and change search engine. Why do I need to do that? If you can't get it right with Safari, advise the customers so we can chose a company that does.

andrewt141
2/21/18

Started billing me mysterious additional charges after initial sign-up. Repeated inquiries to customer service email were ignored or received replies saying they couldn't locate my account. Horrible.

trishac18
2/20/18

I have been using MetroFax for about 6 months now, and in December I noticed they attempted to charge me a late fee. This did not make sense to me because I have my credit card to be automatically charged on the due date. I called customer service and told him I wanted to see proof of where they attempted to charge my card and was denied by my bank. The customer service rep then told me that he would refund the late fee. Two months later, I see another late fee for the same thing. Again, I called customer service stated this does not make sense. I have had this same card for over 10 years, have plenty of money on the card, and have NEVER had a problem with using this card. I again asked to be emailed proof where there was an attempt to bill my card and denial by the bank. The lady then stated she could not provide me that information and that I must call and talk with the manager during business hours. I most definitely will be calling tomorrow and will likely be cancelling business with MetroFax. I have had no problems with sending or receiving faxes therefore I am sad to cancel, but I will not be charged for late fees and taken advantage of. I am so very disappointed with this company.

Update: I called my bank asking if MetroFax had attempted to withdraw money on Dec 19th and Feb 19th and they stated MetroFax had attempted to withdraw the money, but the expiration date entered was incorrect therefore the payment was denied. This is the same card they have had on file since I began service with them. I called MetroFax asking to speak with a manager, who I never reached because the lady continued to request that I speak with her about my issue. We verified that they had my correct expiration date on file. She could not tell me why the mistake occurred, but told me she would refund the late fee. I asked her how we could be sure that this did not happen again, and she stated it is an issue that happens with some accounts. This to me is completely unacceptable. She then told me about a year subscription that I could purchase to prevent being charged a late fee monthly if the card is denied, or that I could call my bank and tell them this charge will be occurring monthly to prevent any denial. It is just too bad that as a customer needing this service I have to be worried about whether or not I will be taken advantage of. I have lost trust in this company in regards to billing, and will be monitoring my bill very closely every month. Unfortunately, changing a fax number is not an easy process for my business, but if this continues to happen, I will definitely have to change.

mandop
9/7/17

After waiting for a very important fax from CA court I call to Metrofax to make sure my fax number was working.
I find out that was a problem with my fax number and will take 24 to 48 hrs to fix it
Very poor service.
My fax number Never Work

rs168
8/25/17

Cancelled after the FREE trial...STILL BILLED ME...THANK GOD I ONLY HAD A LITTLE MONEY ON A PREPAID CARD. I CALLED, SENT EMAILS JUST LIKE EVERYONE..NOTHING THEY ARE STILL BILLING ME...SMH.

tosheam
7/25/17

I signed up for the service in June. I tried to send one fax. I received a confirmation from MetroFax, but the it was never received. I tried to cancel via email. They did not respond until I sent another email...after they billed me. I was told that they do not refund under any circumstances...having a crappy service that does not work should be grounds for a refund, I don't care if it is in your verbiage. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY....there are over 500 complaints to BBB.

sarahp188
6/29/17

Do not waste your money on this program. Half the time it doesn't work, the other half it says the fax was successful but it wasn't... Absolute worse program I have ever used.

sof510
5/12/17

It was so frustrating and disappointing to experience that the fax never worked! I was only successful one time receiving one-page fax to me. Everything else failed! I always got "unsuccessful" attempt. It is probably quicker to just mail it!

cecilial19
4/3/17

This company charged my credit card and sent me a bill, after I requested them to cancel the service 4 times in writing. Now, I am going to file a complaint through The Department of Consumer Affairs.

alans123
11/25/16

They will charge your credit card for things you never use...They will say" well you subscribed" you should have known we would continue to charge even though we could not make the system work for you...They have very poor business practices...Don't take the temptation to give them your credit card number to see if it works for you...I assure you they will keep the info and continue to bill you until you force them to stop...

If you are an Allstate agent in the U.S. I wouldn't risk my money.

I have 4 agencies...They ripped me off!

lize38
10/26/16

I wish I could say I had a positive experience but I am very dissatisfied with their service and will do everything I can to let others know how they operate. I am a retired individual on a limited income and will do all I can to expose your lack of customer service! I was charged for two months without using this product!!!

Update: I was contacted by Metrofax an they have resolved my issue and I am very appreciative!

Tip for consumers: To cancel this program you have to call, cancellation can not be completed online! They are very unprofessional.

markr213
9/20/16

i spoke to customer service today. for a company that advertises no contracts, they have regularly billed me over 110 for the past year because they "didn't get a call to cancel"
i have a terminal illness. The help desk although sounding sympathetic, is not empowered to issue even a dime refund. WE SENT 1 FAX in that 30 day trial period a year ago..
PLEASE if you are a Lawyer/Attorney and reading this,THIS COMPANY IS WORTHY OF EXPLORING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!! They have advertised no contracts, but are acting as if this is a contract. Should be worth a few hundred million on behalf of all of us.

Tip for consumers: If I were you I'd RUN and don't just walk away from these folks. Atttached is a pic from my account. I thought this was a charge from another provider.

benp64
8/8/16

Decent performance; poor customer service; VERY difficult to cancel!

I forgot about my subscription, and let it run 6 months more than needed. But when I tried to cancel, it got difficult:

1. It's nearly impossible to find information on the website about cancelling.
2. Once you do, the information you find (8/8/16) is WRONG.
3. When you call, customer service refuses to accept cancellation and started to explain some complex method of doing so.

At that point, I went into my hostile mode, started recording the conversation, threatened BBB and fraud reporting and DEMANDED immediate cancellation.

What's ironic is that, I would have reused the service in few months, if they'd made it easy to cancel!

patricks87
4/27/16

Forget customer service with these guys. I am now at the end of month TWO trying to port a number with these guys. I have called EVERY DAY (Monday thru Friday) for three weeks, and gotten a different excuse as to what the problem is. This is the FOURTH time they have asked me to send the same information.

I am a computer consultant for 30 years and this is the poorest customer service I have seen in my life. Do yourself a favor and read almost all of the other reviews here (almost all negative) and believ them. I have spent over 30 hours trying to resolve this, and now found out that they did the same mistake from the beginning. This has cost my customer OVER $400 dollars. Customer service with Metrofax is a complete fraud. Think I am kidding? Google "metrofax reviews" and see for yourself.

While not resolving the problem, I did notice that they DELETED ABOUT 50 Negative comments from their Facebook account, and made it so that people could not post to their Youtube videos, as I am sure people posted nebative things there also!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS!

db124
3/4/16

I get if the terms of service literally say they are "nonrefundable". I thought I'd cancelled the service (didn't take notes so can't say with certainty that I did or at least I didn't follow through to ensure it was). When I realized I was still being billed called them up, they acknowledge hadn't used the service in months and just robotically would keep saying "there are no refunds". So while technically they "are right" from a customer service and policy standpoint, definitely avoid.

As faxing becomes less and less needed at least can take satisfaction that my $7.95 fees won't last them long and will take pleasure knowing this company becomes increasingly obsolete. Keep this in mind as they know this too and obviously a driving factor behind their "no refund" policy. Knowing all your customers were leaving leaves apparently leaves them no incentive to care or give reasonable service.

Questions? Get answers from the MetroFax staff and other customers.

3 Photos for MetroFax