Mercers Furniture

Mercers Furniture has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Mercers Furniture ranks 228th among Furniture sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 66.7%
How would you rate Mercers Furniture?

“Excellent furniture and service”

CINDY S.
1/26/21

Bought a whole bedroom suite and love everything about it. Great quality solid furniture, fast delivery and great class customer service.

“Poor quality and service”

Gary S.
9/9/20

Very bad quality and bad customer service. I Purchased full bedroom suite from this company. Furniture items purchased were very poor quality with twisted and split panels Contacted customer service who simply offered 15 pounds compensation off an order that cost me over 700 pounds, other option offered was to disassemble and send back flat pack which was not an option as it was screwed and bonded after explaining that the item could not be disassembled they simply dismissed me saying that was my only option

cindys877
January 26th, 2021

garys1137
September 9th, 2020

Very bad quality and bad customer service.
I Purchased full bedroom suite from this company.
Furniture items purchased were very poor quality with twisted and split panels

stevel1444
November 26th, 2020

Cannot fault quality at all. Easy to assemble and looks great. No parts missing. Customer service second to none.

amym51
September 30th, 2014

IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP ON YOUR BEDROOM FLOOR FOR WEEKS THEN BUY A BED FROM MERCERS!

Where to begin? It's been a complete nightmare from start to finish dealing with Mercers. We did all our research before making the purchase, it has a good website and looks like a professional company who we felt confident would deliver what we ordered. BIG MISTAKE! After waiting for 2 weeks for delivery 'a' bed turned up. But it wasn't the bed we ordered. No worries we thought, we'll get the driver to come back and collect it before he drives all the way back to Rotherham. No chance.

We weren't worried, we were sure Mercers would put this right. Wrong!

We contacted their office to be fobbed off and told that we were mistaken, not Mercers! They told me - 'Maybe the manufacturer changed the spec' - it was a completely different bed - and 'we'll knock £25 off and send you the bolts to fit yourself'. That's right people! They were seriously suggesting we drill into the bed ourselves to add bolts and, as if by magic, the bed would be transformed into the (COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY SIMILAR BED) that we ordered!

So there we were, without a bed, being told by Mercers that we had to wait 'until they were in the area' 2-3 weeks later. They're not ones to put themselves out!

We weren't happy with this and requested a refund which they wouldn't give until they collected the bed. And they wouldn't be collecting the bed for another 3 weeks. They had our money for 6 weeks in total.

They said they'd arrange a courier and I again stayed in all day for a collection that never materialised. So now that's 2 days we've wasted dealing with Mercers' ineptitude. That's in addition to numerous attempts at trying to have a grown up and sensible conversation to agree a mutually agreeable solution.

It's incredible that Mercers didn't seem to be bothered, or even want to try and keep their customers happy. They have abusive staff & insultingly poor customer service.

Staff were so rude and unhelpful, telling me 'it's your problem because you've got the bed not us!' when I called to find out why they weren't trying to resolve this problem quickly with as little fuss as possible.

We're reasonable people who would have been happy if a sensible solution had been offered to put this right, but all we got was accusations that we were in the wrong, staff who treat customer service like a slanging match and wasted time and money.

THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FROM START TO FINISH - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY... UNLESS YOU FANCY SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR FOR 3 WEEKS!

Questions? Get answers from the Mercers Furniture staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercers Furniture?

Have a question about Mercers Furniture?