Melaninful

Melaninful has a consumer rating of 2.19 stars from 85 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Melaninful most frequently mention customer service and tracking number problems. Melaninful ranks 27th among Gifts Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 34.7%

No positive highlights yet

• IF in fact you are a Black owned company, SHAME ON YOU!
  • They don't give a phone number or call you to discuss the problem.
How would you rate Melaninful?

“Love their products”

ANDERSON K.
1/19/21

I am very happy with my order. Nice designs, good quality. Delivery took quite long but I received the products anyway and they're awesome.

“Good quality puzzle”

Ash A.
6/16/20

But the box was bent out of shape when it arrived because it was placed in a bag to be shipped. Also, the puzzle was almost completely put together. It took me about 20 minutes to take it apart. I expected more, especially since the puzzle was $60. The company definitely isn't black owned either. I would simply save my dollars if I were you. I will not be supporting this business any further.

company (29) phone number (5) order (37)
asha37
June 16th, 2020

andersonk20
January 19th, 2021

wall canvas

ebonyt11
June 10th, 2020

I bought this journal as a birthday gift for my beloved daughter and she loved it. Definitely will buy more!

kyronem
January 23rd, 2021

I just love them! From the way their stuff is designed, produced, and even customized, to the way they got me in touch. I saw some complaining that it takes quite long for delivery, but it's absolutely fine for me :))

Products used:
All-over hoodie, shorts, bedding set

whitneys86
June 8th, 2020

I placed my order in March for Mother's Day. My order never came. They are still giving me the run around and no refund. I got an update from Fedex saying they haven't received any shipping information since the label was created so my shipping label and tracking number has expired due to it being over 30 days. This is ridiculous, and I'm upset because that's $80 that I can't get back. Not to mention I've had to buy 2 new gifts after being scammed out of my $80. If you have any common sense you'd listen to these reviews and not purchase from these SCAM ARTISTS!

rodneyj109
February 24th, 2021

I fell for this Malcolm X hoodie, ordered and it received after 3 weeks (because it is made-to-order as claimed on their site). Very comfortable. It just gives kinda feeling of pride. Support black culture!

Tip for consumers:
Check out the size chart before ordering

All over hoodie

renatas17
August 28th, 2020

For starters customer service is everything and there's sucks. This company's responses to my emails were very rude and unprofessional. The order takes forever to ship and even longer to get a tracking number. Clothes are very cheap in quality and run extremely small. If your item does not fit you have just wasted your money. They don't offer any returns or exchanges. I'll never shop here again!

carriet131
May 7th, 2021

Looking for my last African 2 legging black and beige. Then I will take pictures in all of my items at the same time and summit.
So far I have loved everything I've purchased.

Tip for consumers:
They have various sizes for you.

janetc15
May 12th, 2021

This website is a scam website. Their address in USA is a fake. It's the same address being used by the parent company for another brand called Lit Activewear. Both Chinese drop shipping websites selling horrible quality products. I'm very disappointed that these people have the nerves to create and fake a black-owned business and then profit off the movement and the black community. It's so messed up to the point where no one should support this type of shadiness. Stay away!

makitaw
December 8th, 2020

DO NOT waste your money. This is low quality, too small clothes that are clearly not custom made nor actual fabric! You can buy the same stuff for $10 at any hood swap meet or beauty supply store! And you can't return any of it.

dannyb263
July 31st, 2020

I kind of impulse-bought a pair of shorts from their site. I came here and saw all the negative press as well as on their Instagram page so I decided to just cancel my order and get a refund. I anticipated a bunch of road blocks and poor correspondence (as has been the case with many people according to reviews here and elsewhere), but no. I simply sent an email requesting cancellation and a refund and they promptly responded and sent my money back within the same day.

ninas144
June 12th, 2020

I waited for two months for this crap that came from China NOT Chicago. Horrible quality. SCAMMERS

smithk49
October 2nd, 2020

Just bought some hoodies and joggers from July, find out they are good company which provide good products with great quality. I saw very much complaints about this business, though i saw your problem but i can not beleive. In my opinion, you guys may be not careful or too impatient for them to deliver the products. I am going to get some more and beleive this company is the one that help me recall my love for my people - the African.

roslynj4
June 8th, 2020

I have been waiting over a month for 2 sweatshirts. I have received emails from the company with a tracking number that says my items have been in New York City for a few weeks. I filed a dispute with PayPal because these shirts cost $138.00. It's a sham that people will scam you when you offer your support. Never again will I order from a site that's advertised on social media.

robynm159
November 13th, 2020

Although it arrived quickly, I was unhappy with my purchase and the company offers no exchanges. Poor customer service.

charlenes153
July 21st, 2020

I only have 1 experience with this company, but it was a very positive one! My online order was a smooth transaction, the owner reached out to me by email to thank me. Then a month in a half later he reached out to me again to inform me that my order was en route. I received my order the very next day and was very pleased with the product. I do intend to do more business with this company and I hope to find the same satisfaction each time.

christopherv178
July 11th, 2020

If I can give a negative star I would. I ordered a shirt from this company an have yet to. Receive a valid update on my purchase. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone about my purchase. I do not recommend anyone order anything from this organization. I'm in the process of trying to get my refund back. My order continues to change with information received. I just want my money back.

pattib195
April 4th, 2021

I have ordered two sweat suits. I love them both. No, it isn't Black owned but I like their products. It takes a little longer to receive but they do provide adequate communication on the status.

Be patient.

Two jogging suits

katyam5
July 23rd, 2020

Do not purchase anything from this place. They would leave you on waiting for months. They are taking their products from a third party place and the quality is horrible. Besides, they are actually an asian owned clothing place and the owner is Vietnamese not black. They are making coins by appropriating our culture and does not even have a black model. They are disgusting vultures, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

catherinew249
July 21st, 2020

Tracking data indicates I should have received my order... or its out for delivery! No package in over a month! No contact information! Never again!

moniaw2
July 17th, 2020

Site makes you feel it's a black owned company in the US. It is not! It's overseas! SCAM SITE! I have been waiting since June 23rd for 3 pairs of shorts for 100 dollars and it is now JULY 17th and nothing! Supposedly it is now in Massachusetts and it's been in transit for the last 20
Days! So Horrible! Everyone save the hassle and your money! Make your own products would be done faster then their delivery! Smh! This site is a scam and needs to be shut down! It made me give one star otherwise I would've given nothing!

kamariaw1
October 4th, 2020

The photos of the leggings and hoodie i bought were not reflective of the cheap material they're made of. Looks like a cheap Halloween costume.
Apparently, everything is "made to order" in China at the cheapest factory possible. They essentially stole $60. This businesses days are numbered with this model

johaney
June 2nd, 2020

This company is the worst and I wish I read the reviews before I ordered. They do not offer refunds and you cannot make any changes to your order (even though I emailed them the same day I ordered). I saw them on Facebook and thought it was black owned. I ordered two puzzles for $80 (which I don't mind for quality products). The puzzles were delivered in a postal bag 6 weeks after I ordered. Because it was not in a box, both puzzles were dented. Did I mention that I email them 3 times and never received a response? But they flooded my email and phone with offers to buy more goods. The puzzles smell toxic and are made of very thin material.

jackief186
October 7th, 2020

This site has so many good designs and I've just got one. The print is vibrant and the material is comfortable.

I also had so many compliments from my friends. Can't wait to get more from them.

jermainep10
October 31st, 2020

I ordered this hoodie because I liked the design. I have included pics of what I ordered vs what I got and clearly the design is off. I reached out to the company to get a refund or a swap and they refused. So that's $60 down the drain. I will never shop this company again and will do everything I can to call them out. They dont honor their return policy. The hoodie I received is not as advertised. After reading other comments I'm convinced this is a 3rd party non black owned company that does not actually make anything.

This is not a black-owned company. They are based in Vietnam and their employees are all Vietnamese. They dont even have a black model for their products as you can see on their instagram. Their foudner is a vietnamese man and they are scamming and making profit using our culture

By Tracy O.
See more answers (2)

It was supposed to be a good store that specific art that my son's would like and I never had any problems with website's before so I took the chance to try it out and I wished I didn't! I need this bed set before Christmas Eve! This is awful!

By Carolyn H.