Melaninful

Melaninful has a consumer rating of 1.79 stars from 66 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Melaninful most frequently mention tracking number, customer service and wax fabric problems. Melaninful ranks 89th among Gifts Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 21.1%

No positive highlights yet

• IF in fact you are a Black owned company, SHAME ON YOU!
  • They don't give a phone number or call you to discuss the problem.
How would you rate Melaninful?

“My daughter love her journal so much”

Ebony T.
6/10/20

I bought this journal as a birthday gift for my beloved daughter and she loved it. Definitely will buy more!

“Good quality puzzle”

Ash A.
6/16/20

But the box was bent out of shape when it arrived because it was placed in a bag to be shipped. Also, the puzzle was almost completely put together. It took me about 20 minutes to take it apart. I expected more, especially since the puzzle was $60. The company definitely isn't black owned either. I would simply save my dollars if I were you. I will not be supporting this business any further.

company (29) phone number (5) order (37)
whitneys86
June 8th, 2020
I placed my order in March for Mother's Day. My order never came. They are still giving me the run around and no refund. I got an update from Fedex saying they haven't received any shipping information since the label was created so my shipping label and tracking number has expired due to it being over 30 days. This is ridiculous, and I'm upset because that's $80 that I can't get back. Not to mention I've had to buy 2 new gifts after being scammed out of my $80. If you have any common sense you'd listen to these reviews and not purchase from these SCAM ARTISTS!
renatas17
August 28th, 2020
For starters customer service is everything and there's sucks. This company's responses to my emails were very rude and unprofessional. The order takes forever to ship and even longer to get a tracking number. Clothes are very cheap in quality and run extremely small. If your item does not fit you have just wasted your money. They don't offer any returns or exchanges. I'll never shop here again!
asha37
June 16th, 2020
ninas144
June 12th, 2020
I waited for two months for this crap that came from China NOT Chicago. Horrible quality. SCAMMERS
robynm159
November 13th, 2020
Although it arrived quickly, I was unhappy with my purchase and the company offers no exchanges. Poor customer service.
ebonyt11
June 10th, 2020
roslynj4
June 8th, 2020
I have been waiting over a month for 2 sweatshirts. I have received emails from the company with a tracking number that says my items have been in New York City for a few weeks. I filed a dispute with PayPal because these shirts cost $138.00. It's a sham that people will scam you when you offer your support. Never again will I order from a site that's advertised on social media.
christopherv178
July 11th, 2020
If I can give a negative star I would. I ordered a shirt from this company an have yet to. Receive a valid update on my purchase. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone about my purchase. I do not recommend anyone order anything from this organization. I'm in the process of trying to get my refund back. My order continues to change with information received. I just want my money back.
katyam5
July 23rd, 2020
Do not purchase anything from this place. They would leave you on waiting for months. They are taking their products from a third party place and the quality is horrible. Besides, they are actually an asian owned clothing place and the owner is Vietnamese not black. They are making coins by appropriating our culture and does not even have a black model. They are disgusting vultures, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.
catherinew249
July 21st, 2020
Tracking data indicates I should have received my order... or its out for delivery! No package in over a month! No contact information! Never again!
moniaw2
July 17th, 2020
Site makes you feel it's a black owned company in the US. It is not! It's overseas! SCAM SITE! I have been waiting since June 23rd for 3 pairs of shorts for 100 dollars and it is now JULY 17th and nothing! Supposedly it is now in Massachusetts and it's been in transit for the last 20
Days! So Horrible! Everyone save the hassle and your money! Make your own products would be done faster then their delivery! Smh! This site is a scam and needs to be shut down! It made me give one star otherwise I would've given nothing!
kamariaw1
October 4th, 2020
The photos of the leggings and hoodie i bought were not reflective of the cheap material they're made of. Looks like a cheap Halloween costume.
Apparently, everything is "made to order" in China at the cheapest factory possible. They essentially stole $60. This businesses days are numbered with this model
johaney
June 2nd, 2020
This company is the worst and I wish I read the reviews before I ordered. They do not offer refunds and you cannot make any changes to your order (even though I emailed them the same day I ordered). I saw them on Facebook and thought it was black owned. I ordered two puzzles for $80 (which I don't mind for quality products). The puzzles were delivered in a postal bag 6 weeks after I ordered. Because it was not in a box, both puzzles were dented. Did I mention that I email them 3 times and never received a response? But they flooded my email and phone with offers to buy more goods. The puzzles smell toxic and are made of very thin material.
jermainep10
October 31st, 2020
I ordered this hoodie because I liked the design. I have included pics of what I ordered vs what I got and clearly the design is off. I reached out to the company to get a refund or a swap and they refused. So that's $60 down the drain. I will never shop this company again and will do everything I can to call them out. They dont honor their return policy. The hoodie I received is not as advertised. After reading other comments I'm convinced this is a 3rd party non black owned company that does not actually make anything.
aunaturelo
May 20th, 2020
This company like soooo many others are using this pandemic to scam. They are based in China. They are frauding the African American community having you believe you're buying black owned when that's a lie. Straight outta China should be what it's called. My issue is the exact same as others. Been over a month. No item. They've only created a invalid tracking number and is still waiting to be given to carrier. This is a scam. Unfortunately this is so common right now. I've had to dispute 6 companies during this pandemic with the same BS.
arthurh181
June 17th, 2020
Once my credit card sent me a fraud alert I should have cancelled then. And their product looks so good on their website. After reading all these terrible reviews. Never again will I buy from them. NEVER. Praying karma catches up to them. ASAP.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE. THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND

dannyb263
July 31st, 2020
I kind of impulse-bought a pair of shorts from their site. I came here and saw all the negative press as well as on their Instagram page so I decided to just cancel my order and get a refund. I anticipated a bunch of road blocks and poor correspondence (as has been the case with many people according to reviews here and elsewhere), but no. I simply sent an email requesting cancellation and a refund and they promptly responded and sent my money back within the same day.
edithm73
February 18th, 2020
I ordered a man's Civil rights hoodie $69 and $19 lion face wallet on January 18. Have not received them as of yet. What I did received on February 15 was 2 Hoodies, I never ordered, less the cost of what I paid for the items I did order. I've being emailing back and forth with Tashard. Don't know what position she has in this company. They don't give a phone number or call you to discuss the problem. I serious believe this is a SCAM! To get people of color to purchase and have you to wait 4 weeks or more, only to received the wrong items or poor quality merchandise. SCAMMERS!
charlenes153
July 21st, 2020
I only have 1 experience with this company, but it was a very positive one! My online order was a smooth transaction, the owner reached out to me by email to thank me. Then a month in a half later he reached out to me again to inform me that my order was en route. I received my order the very next day and was very pleased with the product. I do intend to do more business with this company and I hope to find the same satisfaction each time.
smithk49
October 2nd, 2020
Just bought some hoodies and joggers from July, find out they are good company which provide good products with great quality. I saw very much complaints about this business, though i saw your problem but i can not beleive. In my opinion, you guys may be not careful or too impatient for them to deliver the products. I am going to get some more and beleive this company is the one that help me recall my love for my people - the African.
krystalb89
May 30th, 2020
I purchased two shirts and received one. My total was 64.00 and odd change. When questioned I was told to ask family about it. Why? My package wss as in the mailbox. My shipping label stated one item. My receipts reflects two items
dawnw281
May 5th, 2020
I'm completely disappointed I ordered from what I thought was a black owned company, I saw the were located in California, everything looks great on the website to find out that my items are being shipped from China. They are frauds
jackief186
October 7th, 2020
This site has so many good designs and I've just got one. The print is vibrant and the material is comfortable.

I also had so many compliments from my friends. Can't wait to get more from them.
maletaa
July 1st, 2020
I order what I thought was my size. When the shirt arrived, I was disappointed with quality and fit. The press on image on the front of the shirt was of cheap quality. The advertised product is completely different from the actual product. False advertising
deniseg334
June 22nd, 2020
I looked for a particular t shirt and found this melaninful website with the merchandise I was looking for. I quickly ordered the t shirt, noticed a disclaimer that I had 24 hrs to cancel the order, and then, because I had never heard of this company, decided to research the company to make sure it wasn't a scam. I know I should have done so before ordering, but better late than never, right? Upon reading all of the negative reviews, most notably that this website is a scam, I de idea to immediately email the vendor to cancel my order. I received an email from Tashard that I could not cancel because the order had already been processed. I was very angry and said that I was gonna fight this and report him. I received an email from Tashard about 15 days after ordering stating that my order had been ship, if I dont receive it, it is because it had been lost, we are not a scam, etc. That made me even more suspicious because I have never received an email from a vendor ensuring me that they weren't a scam, why would they need to do that? Anyway, on June 20, I received my order... 15bdays after ordering and I'm pretty satisfied with the shirt. It was what I was expecting. I was very concerned after reading the reviews, but I did receive the merchandise as ordered. Now, I cant say that I would order from this vendor again because I may have just gotten lucky. The picture posted is after I had already worn it and put it away in an overcrowded drawer. It didnt arrive wrinkled.

This is not a black-owned company. They are based in Vietnam and their employees are all Vietnamese. They dont even have a black model for their products as you can see on their instagram. Their foudner is a vietnamese man and they are scamming and making profit using our culture

See more answers (2)

They've got unique designs. I've got one hoodie from them and I love it!

By Jackie F.