Melaninful

Melaninful has a consumer rating of 2.11 stars from 82 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Melaninful most frequently mention customer service and tracking number problems. Melaninful ranks 54th among Gifts Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 26.9%

No positive highlights yet

• IF in fact you are a Black owned company, SHAME ON YOU!
  • They don't give a phone number or call you to discuss the problem.
How would you rate Melaninful?

“Love their products”

ANDERSON K.
1/19/21

I am very happy with my order. Nice designs, good quality. Delivery took quite long but I received the products anyway and they're awesome.

“Good quality puzzle”

Ash A.
6/16/20

But the box was bent out of shape when it arrived because it was placed in a bag to be shipped. Also, the puzzle was almost completely put together. It took me about 20 minutes to take it apart. I expected more, especially since the puzzle was $60. The company definitely isn't black owned either. I would simply save my dollars if I were you. I will not be supporting this business any further.

company (29) phone number (5) order (37)
whitneys86
June 8th, 2020

I placed my order in March for Mother's Day. My order never came. They are still giving me the run around and no refund. I got an update from Fedex saying they haven't received any shipping information since the label was created so my shipping label and tracking number has expired due to it being over 30 days. This is ridiculous, and I'm upset because that's $80 that I can't get back. Not to mention I've had to buy 2 new gifts after being scammed out of my $80. If you have any common sense you'd listen to these reviews and not purchase from these SCAM ARTISTS!

andersonk20
January 19th, 2021

wall canvas

renatas17
August 28th, 2020

For starters customer service is everything and there's sucks. This company's responses to my emails were very rude and unprofessional. The order takes forever to ship and even longer to get a tracking number. Clothes are very cheap in quality and run extremely small. If your item does not fit you have just wasted your money. They don't offer any returns or exchanges. I'll never shop here again!

elishab38
December 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

I ordered this black cartoon hoodie on November 27,2020. Today is December 30,2020. I still have not received. It was mis-shipped. This company will not refund my money will not resend even if they receive return. They are not trying to resolve issue. They profit from my losses. Single mom of 7 children and Im out of 70.00 because this company refuses to expedite issue. This business is a scam, and so are the reviews on the website... All paid actors. Beware of this company! Melaninful.net

Dont order from website.

Hoodie

ebonyt11
June 10th, 2020

I bought this journal as a birthday gift for my beloved daughter and she loved it. Definitely will buy more!

charlenes153
July 21st, 2020

I only have 1 experience with this company, but it was a very positive one! My online order was a smooth transaction, the owner reached out to me by email to thank me. Then a month in a half later he reached out to me again to inform me that my order was en route. I received my order the very next day and was very pleased with the product. I do intend to do more business with this company and I hope to find the same satisfaction each time.

makitaw
December 8th, 2020

DO NOT waste your money. This is low quality, too small clothes that are clearly not custom made nor actual fabric! You can buy the same stuff for $10 at any hood swap meet or beauty supply store! And you can't return any of it.

ninas144
June 12th, 2020

I waited for two months for this crap that came from China NOT Chicago. Horrible quality. SCAMMERS

kyronem
January 23rd, 2021

I just love them! From the way their stuff is designed, produced, and even customized, to the way they got me in touch. I saw some complaining that it takes quite long for delivery, but it's absolutely fine for me :))

Products used:
All-over hoodie, shorts, bedding set

roslynj4
June 8th, 2020

I have been waiting over a month for 2 sweatshirts. I have received emails from the company with a tracking number that says my items have been in New York City for a few weeks. I filed a dispute with PayPal because these shirts cost $138.00. It's a sham that people will scam you when you offer your support. Never again will I order from a site that's advertised on social media.

asha37
June 16th, 2020

rodneyj109
February 24th, 2021

I fell for this Malcolm X hoodie, ordered and it received after 3 weeks (because it is made-to-order as claimed on their site). Very comfortable. It just gives kinda feeling of pride. Support black culture!

Tip for consumers:
Check out the size chart before ordering

All over hoodie

christopherv178
July 11th, 2020

If I can give a negative star I would. I ordered a shirt from this company an have yet to. Receive a valid update on my purchase. There is no telephone number to speak to anyone about my purchase. I do not recommend anyone order anything from this organization. I'm in the process of trying to get my refund back. My order continues to change with information received. I just want my money back.

haoh2
March 27th, 2020

I ordered 2 hoodies and both are dope. Got a lot of compliments. Detailed, soft, and comfortable! I'm in love with them.

katyam5
July 23rd, 2020

Do not purchase anything from this place. They would leave you on waiting for months. They are taking their products from a third party place and the quality is horrible. Besides, they are actually an asian owned clothing place and the owner is Vietnamese not black. They are making coins by appropriating our culture and does not even have a black model. They are disgusting vultures, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

dannyb263
July 31st, 2020

I kind of impulse-bought a pair of shorts from their site. I came here and saw all the negative press as well as on their Instagram page so I decided to just cancel my order and get a refund. I anticipated a bunch of road blocks and poor correspondence (as has been the case with many people according to reviews here and elsewhere), but no. I simply sent an email requesting cancellation and a refund and they promptly responded and sent my money back within the same day.

catherinew249
July 21st, 2020

Tracking data indicates I should have received my order... or its out for delivery! No package in over a month! No contact information! Never again!

darrylh188
February 15th, 2021
Verified purchase

This company is based in China... good possibility they're not black; but I am black buying Africentric clothing so, Im not African, Im just supporting Africentric ideologies.

I have loved every one of the hoodies Ive purchased from this place and I have 7, the only discrepancy is my most recent purchase, my Malcolm X Typo all over hoody looks nothing like the picture on the screen, I will have to turn it into a work hoody.

With product coming from China shipping costs can get ugly and then there are weather delays so please expect at least a month delay on your purchase... here is the wait time for my most recent order:

Ordered January 16
Arrived February 6th

Overall they are a good company to do business with as they offer quality themed products and many people purchase Jordans which expresses NO-THING empowering African culture, that brand does not increase awareness or show support of ANY-THING African related, Whether Melaninful is black or not has nothing to do with why we should support them as a company, we should support them because they offer a product that celebrates us.

Tip for consumers:
Product may not appear as advertised

Hoodies

smithk49
October 2nd, 2020

Just bought some hoodies and joggers from July, find out they are good company which provide good products with great quality. I saw very much complaints about this business, though i saw your problem but i can not beleive. In my opinion, you guys may be not careful or too impatient for them to deliver the products. I am going to get some more and beleive this company is the one that help me recall my love for my people - the African.

davisd31
October 26th, 2020

Waiting for only two days and i got a full set concludes a pair of shoes, a hoodie and a jogger. Now i can show my great style fashion to my friends and received many compliments for such dope outfit. Will back and get some more <3

jackief186
October 7th, 2020

This site has so many good designs and I've just got one. The print is vibrant and the material is comfortable.

I also had so many compliments from my friends. Can't wait to get more from them.

moniaw2
July 17th, 2020

Site makes you feel it's a black owned company in the US. It is not! It's overseas! SCAM SITE! I have been waiting since June 23rd for 3 pairs of shorts for 100 dollars and it is now JULY 17th and nothing! Supposedly it is now in Massachusetts and it's been in transit for the last 20
Days! So Horrible! Everyone save the hassle and your money! Make your own products would be done faster then their delivery! Smh! This site is a scam and needs to be shut down! It made me give one star otherwise I would've given nothing!

kamariaw1
October 4th, 2020

The photos of the leggings and hoodie i bought were not reflective of the cheap material they're made of. Looks like a cheap Halloween costume.
Apparently, everything is "made to order" in China at the cheapest factory possible. They essentially stole $60. This businesses days are numbered with this model

johaney
June 2nd, 2020

This company is the worst and I wish I read the reviews before I ordered. They do not offer refunds and you cannot make any changes to your order (even though I emailed them the same day I ordered). I saw them on Facebook and thought it was black owned. I ordered two puzzles for $80 (which I don't mind for quality products). The puzzles were delivered in a postal bag 6 weeks after I ordered. Because it was not in a box, both puzzles were dented. Did I mention that I email them 3 times and never received a response? But they flooded my email and phone with offers to buy more goods. The puzzles smell toxic and are made of very thin material.

teresaw454
February 19th, 2021

Just look at how awesome it is! I got plenty of compliments on this. I bought this with a deal, much cheaper but look at the quality. Imma buy more!

Wall canvas

This is not a black-owned company. They are based in Vietnam and their employees are all Vietnamese. They dont even have a black model for their products as you can see on their instagram. Their foudner is a vietnamese man and they are scamming and making profit using our culture

By Tracy O.
See more answers (2)

It was supposed to be a good store that specific art that my son's would like and I never had any problems with website's before so I took the chance to try it out and I wished I didn't! I need this bed set before Christmas Eve! This is awful!

By Carolyn H.