Review of Megabus

Megabus reviews

Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom

harryh43
9/30/18

I took a round trip day trip from Las Vegas to Phoenix on 9-29-18. On the outbound, the driver engaged with us before the ride, telling us about his experience/experiences as a driver, then explained everything we needed to know about the ride, including the wifi and what rows didn't have power outlets. He also asked everyone if they wanted to see a movie during the ride, explaining that due to some people not liking the movie going on, he needed to ask to make sure everyone was ok with it. He offered up some good choices for us. HOWEVER, on the late afternoon ride back, a different, and clearly a new and inexperienced driver took me back to Las Vegas. No personality, didn't explain anything beyond the stops he was going to make, nothing about the wifi (which only worked 1/3 of the trip before it quit), and when a couple passengers asked if we could view a movie, he just said very flatly, NO, and sat down to drive.

I say that he was totally inexperienced with the route because 1) he had to use Google Maps on his tablet, and 2) he took the turnoff into Boulder City, local roads with lots of traffic lights, to get back to Las Vegas, when it is in fact possible to just stay on the new freeway and end up on the same Beltway much sooner! He added 35 minutes to the ride as a result and we arrived really late. I'd ride Megabus again because the price is right, but sure as hell hope that I don't get him for a driver again! I don't have nearly 6 hours to waste riding with a driver who has no clue what the most direct route is. Review would've been 5 stars without this bozo.

shaner41
2/19/18

I've been skeptical to travel by bus after an especially sketchy Greyhound experience when I was younger. I was impressed by the deals / specials (what got me in the door) sometimes trips as cheap as $1 (one dollar!) but more importantly than that, everything was clean, professional and they even offered free wifi so I could work or watch movies while I traveled. Will definitely recommend them.

keyondac
3/10/17

I love riding the Megabus. I think that the prices are extremely affordable, and the quality of service is even better. All of their buses are double-deckers (1st & 2nd floor) that are equipped with free wifi, a very clean restroom, and comfy chairs. I forgot to mention, everytime I ride the Megabus, I always pay a small extra fee for a reserved seat. Reserved seats are located at the very front (best view) of the 2nd floor of the bus, and reserved seats at a table (bottom level). Absolutely no one is allowed to sit in your reserved seat(s), and the bus driver checks to make sure that reserved seats, and bus tickets correspond to each other. Other than that you can still pay for general seating, which is on a 1st come, 1st served basis. You're allowed only one luggage bag (under 50 lbs.) In the luggage area, and 1 small carry on bag. Any bag, or multiple bags that load this bus are subject to extra fees. You can either print out or present a digital eTicket on your phone to load this bus. Buy your tickets either on their website, or in person at one of their listed ticket counters.

Questions? Get answers from the Megabus staff and other customers.

Megabus?