Review of Maya Island Air

Tel: 011-501) 223-1140

1 Review From Our Community

jessicaj104
7/10/17

I want to let anyone who is traveling to Belize know that Maya Island Airline is cheap, cuts corners, and will not always show up. THE PLANE NEVER SHOWED UP

My husband and I booked flights through them once we landed at Belize International, we took a flight to Caye Caulker through Maya Island Airlines because they were the next flight out. The plane looked out dated and not in the safest of conditions, but that is not my main complaint.
On the island of Caye Caulker we checked-in the day prior to our flight in person at the tiny airport only to have "missed our flight" the next day because we had "not checked in" despite walking into the office and confirming out flights the prior day. MAYA ISLAND AIRLINE cheated us out of our money and flight by never actually landing the plane because we were a few minutes late. THE PLANE NEVER SHOWED UP, we had previously paid for the flight in cash and went to the airport in person to check in and were told when we arrived a few minutes late that we had missed our flight because we had not checked-in. So the cheap airline, didn't land the plane to save on fuel and would not return our money. I will NEVER recommend or fly Maya Air -- Tropic Air is a MUCH better small airline. They actually LAND their planes when we pay for a flight.

Questions? Get answers from the Maya Island Air staff and other customers.

Maya Island Air?