Maxsold.ca

Maxsold.ca has a consumer rating of 2.81 stars from 8 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Maxsold.ca ranks 157th among Real Estate Other sites.

How would you rate Maxsold.ca?

“Great Home Auction Help”

mike c.
4/4/21

MaxSold is a very well organized and appealing auction site for everyday people to list and sell personal things... fast and easy to set up, great to reach quality buyers and totally professional throughout. With garage and yard sales out of style during the Covid plague, MaxSold is THE best alternative. Highly recommend!

“Buyer Beware”

Denise B.
8/15/20

The onsite Maxsold staff member gave my items to someone else but kept arguing he already gave to me, walked away, no apology, no refund, nothing. Very disappointing to be treated this way in addition to the waste of money and my time.

mikec214
April 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Highly recommend!

Tip for consumers:
Go for it with MaxSold, you’ll be happy you did !

Products used:
Home auction service

mw209
December 1st, 2018

Read between the lines in the descriptions. Just picked up my winnings or should I say my loosing... nestling dolls were "signed" ha ha it turns out in black marker. With ink marks on the bottom as well. I picked up my stuff in a parking lot of an industrial area and he didnt have all my things that I paid for. He said that he would call me next week. Well hopefully one of the products that I am waiting for is as "signed" by the artist wooden sculpture. Looking forward to seeing that. Be careful. My first experience with this company. Expensive lesson.

michaela2465
October 4th, 2020

Maxsold provided the most efficient and effective marketing and sales experience I have EVER known in my 75 years. I would highly recommend Maxsold to everybody who is downsizing, wishing to sell an estate. From start to finish, Maxsold staff were sensitive, professional--and extremely efficient I couldn't be more pleased with their services.

jimm1325
July 25th, 2020

The MaxSold website is self explanatory with examples of guidelines for the Buyer and Seller.
The Videos are very good and should also be watched.
The new Covid-19 information is very good and should be adhered to by all buyers and sellers.
MaxSold is starting to use Webinars to help customers keep up to date with current practices.

deniseb242
August 15th, 2020

aarong213
May 5th, 2020

During the 2020 Covid -19 Pandemic, I was hired by someone to pick up some items she bid on with MaxSold. She knew I would be uncomfortable going inside a strangers house and called to talk to the person running the auction and was told that all items would be on the porch ready for pickup during my appointed time. Once she was guaranteed this is how pick up would proceed, my friend placed some bid's on a handful of items, all of which she won. I arrived 10 minutes before my timeslot, the lady running the event was not wearing a mask even though all the consumers at the event were wearing masks. When she finally did put her mask on, it was not covering her nose, let alone barely her mouth. All the other people working the event were wearing their masks in the same fashion. After waiting in my truck till 13 minutes after my 5 minute time-slot had ended, the girls were quite busy helping all the others at the event with more than 6 people gathering in the small space setup on the driveway, the lady running the event came over and told me that I needed to go into the home and disassemble the bed myself. Not wanting to leave the lady I was helping in a lurch without her money or items I went into the house to bring out the bed and load it onto the truck. When the lady I was helping called the woman running the event to find out why I had to go into the house she was told that it changed from schedule A to schedule B at some point after the bids were closed and she was not informed. The lady running the event said that she offered to load everything if I waited, however my dash cam footage of our conversation says otherwise, I would have gladly waited to avoid putting myself at risk. Telling someone one thing, and then changing it after you receive their money is not a very good way to keep customers or a responsible way of doing business.

benjiea
November 15th, 2018

I bought a nice large oil painting picture frame for a cheap price but with all the unnecessary spending which I didn't have to cost me more than the painting due to maxsold staff mistake on the measurement of the painting. Description was 80" ×60" so I had to rent a truck for the sole purpose of picking up this item but to my surprise the measurement didn't even come close to their description. Actual measurement was 43 × 36. I asked one of the staff that I should be compensated due to their mistake and she told me to write to customer support which I did. After a week gone by, no response so I called and she knows nothing about the complains which tells me that they don't read customer email complains until you actually call and tell them. She said she will forward the complain to their manager and so another week gone by still no answer. I called again and again and she tells me the same story and this time the manager is out of the office. I still get no response to my complain to this date from September 2018.

cathyh153
December 11th, 2018

Many times the items are not what the picture shows or description says. Other items say not tested so you can be buying piece of crap. The staff can be snarky and unhelpful and many of the homes there is no staff as the seller is doing the work, how do you get help if item is not right, and some homes are disgustingly dirty. There is a small window of time to ask for refund, but if you miss it due to illness or anything they tell you too bad. I have purchased many times and its hit or miss what you get and recently I have been very dissastisfied by the false advertising and lack of help by MaxSold!

Legit company offering a service with many participants... that is where you have to be careful

By M W.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Maxsold.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maxsold.ca?

Have a question about Maxsold.ca?