MainStreetRenewals reviews

8300 N Mopac Expressway, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78759, United States

joshuag132
4/17/19

Emailed the corporate office our 30 day notice on 1 Feb because we were moving out of state. When we were ready to move on 24 Feb corporate office told us to put our keys in an envelope with our name and address on it and put it in the night deposit slot in our local offices door in Bham since we would be leaving in the evening on a Sunday. We could never get a hold of our local office for anything. NOTHING!!!! EVER!!!!
So we did exactly what the said. Put the keys in an envelope with my wife's name on it and the address of the house and put them in the night deposit slot and it landed on the door mat with 2 more white envelopes. Good to go, Right??? Um... not at all. 2 months later we get a call from the corporate office stating that we haven't paid rent in 2 months. At this point I'm just a bit confused why this person is telling me this. So they think we still live there. I spend 30 mins explaining this to the corporate office when she connects me to the local office in Bham. She proceeds to tell me that never received the keys and we never turned them in. I'm aggravated as he'll at this point and I proceed to tell her that I did exactly what was asked and required of me. Then she asked me if I had video or photos of me putting the keys in the night drop and of course I don't. She then told me that there's nothing she can do for me and we didn't return our keys and that we have to pay for the 2 months. I'm in the process of obtaining legal help. HORRIBLE CROOKED AS* COMPANY.

barbarao15
3/6/19

I only gave them a 1 star because ZERO is not an option. I am dealing with an absolute nightmare and I can not get a human to call me on the phone despite frantic emails BEGGING for a call. I have NEVER missed a rent payment and they act like slum lords by not having the professional decency to call me back. Long story short, I have been dealing with squirrels in the attic on and off for months and the first time they did a half assed job at taking care of the situation so the squirrels keep coming back. I emailed them right away after the first repairs telling them the squirrels would be back because of the half assed repairs and they did not cover all the open holes but they did NOTHING and now I have had rodents GNAWING, banging and scratching in the attic for almost TWO weeks. I can not stay at the house I am paying rent for!!! I have BEGGED for a human to call me but no one has been professional to do so. My lease is up in May and I will NEVER resign!! It would be like committing myself to another year of their abuse and unprofessionalism. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY. Rent from RPM Management, that is an AMAZING company that treats their tenants with respect and offer human contact and communication. They call you back the same day and are amazing at handling repairs quickly and professionally.

UPDATE: I have been emailing the office all day begging to have a human call me and 10 hours later and still no call. That place is a sham.

macyw3
3/2/19

So I have been a resident of main street renewal for 3 yrs....I recently was approved to transfer to a new home....there whole process needs and overhaul how they deal with customers. Main street charged me 150.00 in non compliance rental fees..I didnt find this out until time to and after signing new lease for 2nd home....I provided documentation thorough documentation to msrenewal even had usaa call direct to advise and verify what was needed to verify no lapse of coverage. The documentation was sent verified and accepted and msrenewal is telling me I must still pay this fee for insurance that was never cancelled. Also when I signed my new lease I had a pet, a dog...i agreed to pay pet deposit...well 2 days ago i returned my dog to spca..a tearful experience do to life changes. I'm now being told by Ms renewal that I must still pay pet deposit even though I dont have a dog. I'm livid at this company...even there unprofessional super ignorant customer service supervisor in the east side office teans was no help and actually inflamed the problem...way to.may times and reviews have also shown other residents going thru same problem with this company.....I should not have to pay for insurance thru msrenewal since I've proven I never had a lapse in coverage also I shouldnt have to pay a pet fee for a dog I no ml longer have and havent even moved into new place..something has to be done about these crooks......................................
Chapter 2....so now find out this home I'm renting for 1600.00 a month I just moved I to on 02/25=19 has a really bad leak...the plumber stated when he tried to fix it the pipe broke since house built in 1999 and old pipes has flooded kitchen leaked thru roof since kitchen upstairs and caused roof in downstairs bedroom to collapse....the con men so cheap accept when time to collect rent and fees installed spotlights around the house with no off switch...so there are 3 flood light tht cant be turned off outside of home....IM TELLING U. BELIEVE ALL THE REVIEWS..MAIN STREET IS A RIPOFF....THE CHARGE EXCESS AMOUNTS FOR RENTING THERE HOMES BUT PROVIDE LITTLE IN RETURN..IM REALY PI$$ED RIGHT ABOUT NOW..SO MANY BAD REVIEWS NEXT STEP IS TO CONTACT NEWS STATION WITH ATTEMPT TO GET THEM INVOLVED THEN ATTORNEY....SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED HONEST MONEY WITH A REPUTABLE COMPANY....THESE PEOPLE WILL SCREW U OVER ONCE LEASE SIGNED AND MONEY TAKEN

tamarj2
11/6/18

The house will look good once you see it but after you move in, you'll find all kind of holes, leaks, plumbing issues, knocking hot water tank, rattling refrigerators that they are refusing to fix! The only way you can get them on the phone is by pretending you want to lease a house. I've complained to their corporate, Ive filed complaints with the BBB and all. This has been the worst and I mean the absolute worse rental experience in my entire life!! You are doomed! You've been warned!

belindaj25
9/22/18

WARNING! This company is fraudulent and the worst mistake one could ever make. I have only been here a few months and have had a negative experience from the start. The property that i am renting has had plumbing, electrical, and structure problems since the first day i moved in. These were problems that i was not able to see until AFTER i paid my deposit and rent and had my utilities turned on. After many calls and complaints to get these problems fixed, it took over a month to get someone to come address the problems. WHAT PROBLEMS? You ask? Well there were outlets throughout the house that weren't functioning. When the maintenance guy came out to work on it, he told me that the whole house was improperly wired. So i could not use half of the electrical outlets in the house for over a month. Extension cords and surge protectors became my friends for that period of time. Next, there were leaks from the kitchen sink, from plumbing between the first and second level of the house, from the HVAC system. Water was literally pouring from those places and the company did not seem concerned with sending anyone to fix those problems until i called the health department to inspect the property. Oh yes i have videos and pictures of all of this- even the mold and collapsed ceiling due to plumbing/ water leaks. And still months after the FIRST call about the plumbing i still have water pouring from the first floor into the finished basement area. None of these problems were apartment until i was already locked into a lease and the company is unwilling to allow me to break the lease nor properly maintain the property! And the list goes in and on about problems... yes and i have copies of all the maintenance requests as well... date and time stamped as proof of this company's negligence and fraud. And last but certainly not least... this company has put charges on my account for late payment... and when i call to resolve the issue... they put me off by saying someone will get back with me on the issue or try and give some BS excuse for the charges to be on he account. YET AGAIN, i have bank statements showing the dates that payments were made and none of her were late. In fact, my rent payments have been made the month BEFORE they are due. This review is not a joke. I should have read the reviews before renting from this company. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

toma197
8/4/18

Is there a known aggressive dog living in one of MSR rentals?? On the MSR website it states clearly no, "Pitbull Terrier" dogs allowed. It means absolutely nothing. LIE. It is posted for legal purposes only to protect MSR. We live 2 doors from an MSR property whose owners have a pitbull that has already attacked a dog in our neighborhood. I talked directly to the MSR attorney who was receiving all info about the attack. She was worthless. MSR will do nothing about aggressive dogs EVEN IF THEY HAVE ALREADY ATTACKED. MSR will just sit on their hands and wait for a lawsuit after your kid is mauled or dog killed. Main Street Renewal is a grotesque picture of big business.

rickyw35
6/19/18

I am a current resident and I've been residing in one of their properties for 8 months now. I placed a work order three weeks ago about my air conditioner not working. A company they do business with, Complete Heating and Cooling, came out to assess the air conditioner. The air conditioner still did not work and the company said they would be back to finish the repair. This was three weeks ago. Since then, they have set up two appointments with me that held a window of 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm which I called off work both times and they didn't show up nor did they call to let me know they weren't coming. I called Main Street Renewal to complain again and they just referred me back to Complete Heating and Cooling. Complete scheduled another appointment for Monday June 18th of which they didn't show up again nor did they call. I called MSR this morning to inform them and they said that Complete updated their notes saying that they spoke with me and that I said I wasn't home and wanted to reschedule to today the 19th which is a lie. I've never dealt with such disregard for professionalism. I live in Georgia and its been over 90 degrees which makes staying in my home unbearable. It's been causing complications with my asthma and allergies and MSR refuses to address this issue and get this repair done.

stevenn79
5/29/18

Terrible, 'nuff said.Have to have at least 100 characters it says,so here it goes,M.S.R. most used phrase, "we're sorry", what a joke this company is, contacting legal representation soon.

rebeccab293
5/23/18

STAY AWAY!!! Like countless others, I would prefer to give zero or negative stars. We were applying for a home with them and basically approved (and would have immediately paid the deposit to move in). We found this home on Saturday May 19 in Fort Worth. We loved the home and it seemed like an absolute PERFECT fit. We were super excited. We were legitimately ready to pay for the home right at that moment and had the means to do so. It took us two straight days to finish the online application because the website kept giving us errors. The automatic message on the phones said that they were closed and to check online for the available hours the leasing office is open. Which, by the way, is listed absolutely nowhere. The website wouldnt even let us pay for our application. Come Monday morning May 21, I was calling every half hour since 6:00 am to get ahold of someone since hours are unknown. Not until after 9:30 am did the message switch from were closed to everyones busy. I try for another THREE hours calling back and still busy. This whole time I kept trying over and over again to pay the application fee so we could get approved faster. Finally it goes through after three straight days. I eventually get a call back after 1:00 pm that day from Curtis and was told that we couldnt pay all weekend because the house was taken off the market because of too many applicants. Excuse me, then why did I just get charged $80 for it? He changed his tune and said Oh! Then your application must still be here. Weve had such a high volume of applications but none of them have been approved yet. So once your background check goes through, youll get an email letting you know what else well do. Okay, great, that means were still in the running and sounds like were first in line once we get approved! May 23 Wed. afternoon we get called to send in some extra documents for a guarantor, and that once we do that we can move forward. Great! We practically have the house now! Then I spend two hours online trying to get it done and it never sends and gives me error codes and suddenly says the house is no longer available. I call thinking it must be another accident. I get ahold of Curtis and he tells me our app must have just got lost or something and he transfers me to someone else. (Geraldine or something?) She finally tells us that the house actually is secured by someone else who just came in TODAY and was approved and paid for it. WTH? She even tried to convince me to just move our already approved application to another house with their company. I told her thank you for explaining what happened but we will never be using your company again. Even after all this time and energy and money we spent on things that THEY couldnt get done, someone else gets ahead of us and leases the house before we can. First come first serve in application process for housing is a wise business decision, but these guys take it WAY too far. They lead us on and lead us on, telling us all these encouraging things and that just do this and we can move forward etc, and someone else snatches it first just because they could pay for it two hours before we could. When we were told we were approved and all that and just had to send in a couple extra documents. No wonder they have HUNDREDS of terrible reviews on Google, Better Business Bureau (which theyre not even a member of, so many complaints. I cant imagine the nightmare it would have been had we actually signed a lease and to deal with them as tenants. STAY AWAY!!!!!

jamesl309
5/25/17

we moved to STL from Iowa this year at the beginning of April. From the start of us being here, it has been absolute nightmare. We moved here on a Sunday and I started work on Monday. Everything was good and KUDOS to Andrea from the STL office on going above and beyond of what she was actually supposed to do. A couple of days had passed and from the move and working we were exhausted. I got home from work at 230pm and was tired and laid down and fell asleep to someone banging on our door and phone was blowing up. Very irritated I got up and opened the front door and no one was there. Noticed a car across the street and this lady was in a red crossover sitting there looking at our house. I walked up to the car and asked if she was the one banging on the door she said no but the neighbor outside said yes it was her. Then my wife went outside and handed the 2 cashier checks to her and Lesley Shellert bc she said she was the owner of Main Street renewal ..... What a liar. she is a branch manager in the STL area. Not only did she lie about who she was but also tried intimidating us, saying we illegally moved into the house and the local law enforcement was going to be called.
After a week or so went by, we had a lot of rain down here and the sump pump quit and the basement flooded, and that was 15 days ago. It was a Sat that this happened and called the emergency maintance number and even after they were notified that we had standing water in the basement. It wasn't until Monday that Roto Rueter came out and replaced the sump pump , and they even had another guy there ready to extract the water, (mind you it has been 2 days of standing water in the basement) and the guy waited at our house for 1 1/2 hours for a po # to be created , and guess what the lady said she couldn't give him one. LOL. WHAT!. So another 2 days pass and so now there is no water standing in the basement but the NEW carpet and padding have been in water for 5 days, can you say BLACK MOLD. Finally a contractor comes out on the 6 day, and he was the boss of a crew and tried to get his people over to our house bc he didn't want to do it. After seeing how pissed that my wife and I was, he said he was going to get something to extract the water and some fans.... AGAIN WTF. after 1.5 hours he came up stairs and left these 2 fans down stairs and said, let the fans run and it will dry out. IDIOT . Too late for that bc of the amount of time it took even to get someone out there. And then another contractor came out 2 days later and he along with me took the padding and carpet out of the basement and took the baseboards off the wall and all the mold had gotten into the drywall and the studs. After at least 100 calls to the STL office and the main office, finally started to get somewhere , so I thought.
Oh and not to mention, the paint in the house has to be the cheapest paint money can buy, bc I could take my finger and run it down say 2 inches and it discolors it. And a contractor also took our screen door to fix the screen along with garage door opener . And guess what here is a shocker , haven't had a screen door or garage door opener for 14 days and no one is at all concerned about this. Bet if they only got half of their rent they would call huh.
Needless to say Main Street renewal is one of the worst ran companies I have ever seen.
It is may 11 and still nothing is done about our basement. And still no calls back

melissaj42
3/22/16

The property manager at the Minnesota Main Street Renewal location has purposeful intent to defraud tenants on the lease and when she does default on the rental lease agreement and she will, you are left with nothing than likely a big mess, false move out reports, property damages and lots of headaches to deal with.

Many of the homes this company has for rent are falling apart, major leaks, issues with bed bugs, mice, spiders The list goes on and on.

She takes advantage of lower income/section 8 tenants. Ms. Upton needs to be forced out of this field.

There are too many other property management companies that have a good reputation. Take the time to find one and stay far, far away from Main Street Renewal.

I can confirm they are horrible in Orlando, Florida also. Read my review.

By Barbara O.

Questions? Get answers from the MainStreetRenewals staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MainStreetRenewals