Review of Magoosh

help@magoosh.com

1 Review From Our Community

veronicas39
9/3/16

They operate under the delusion everyone is trying to get a perfect GRE score. Programs in my area just use the GRE as a way to trim down applicants (so as long as you pass a certain level you're application isn't tossed) so I just needed some tips and encouragement. I find their approach really insulting- like if you don't get in the 90th percentiles you didn't do enough.

Their book reviews are a joke. They said a certain book had the best quantitative prep but that was totally wrong. The book in question was much harder than the vast majority of GRE problems. Another book I found very helpful and very close to the real test they said was too easy.

Avoid them unless you are trying to get into the 90th percentile in quant and verbal (but why would you want to??).

Response from Bhavin P., Magoosh Representative
Hi! I’m Bhavin, the CEO/founder of Magoosh. We realize that not everyone wants to score in the 90th percentile, but we clearly didn’t do a good job of communicating or delivering on that for you, and I’m truly sorry about that.

Overall, we want to help all students regardless of their goal and we try to build our product and content so that it can support students aiming for the 50th percentile or 90th percentile or any other score.

We’ve been fortunate to have tens of thousands of people use Magoosh, and we use their feedback to try to continue to improve for the next group of students. On that note, I realize I’m responding months after the original review, but if you have any specific feedback, I’d love to hear it. You can email me directly at bhavin@magoosh.com.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Questions? Get answers from the Magoosh staff and other customers.

Magoosh?