Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.69 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Khan Academy most frequently mention high school. Khan Academy ranks 7th among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 35.3%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Very helpful”

ethna B.
11/30/20

I've been using Khan academy since grade 9 and it has always been easier to understand and more helpful than any of my teachers where. I really appreciate its free and if I had the money to donate or subscribe I would. All you need is your personal initiative to do well and some focus. These videos helped a lot!

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. Another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. I accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

alexh440
April 22nd, 2020

dylane32
April 17th, 2020

Every time i do work i come back the next day and it says its late or missing. This site is so bad and im failing classes because of it.

sarahl917
October 24th, 2020

I think Khan Academy should be banned from school and we should only use it if we want to. I have been forced to use Khan Academy for school and it is the worst math tool I have ever used. I would never in a million years recommend this to anyone. I have not learned one thing from this website. If you are reading this to see if you should use Khan please don't you will regret it the moment you start.

ke97
July 10th, 2020

It says answers CHECKED BY GOOGLE are wrong, it's boring as heck, and the fact that it takes 10k "energy points" to unlock a new style for a pet is absurd!

ginov95
May 25th, 2020

Wtf is this $#*! wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfvwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

jimg1047
November 17th, 2020

When my parents made me do this i went in with some knowledge and came out with less. It is so confusing and all you do is watch videos and be bored. I WOULD NOT USE THIS! IT SUCKS!

micheall25
September 7th, 2017

Khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. Just shut down please. This is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? Its you not me.

rebaf3
May 1st, 2017

NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS THAT KEEP ME FROM LEARNING. THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR REDONE AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SUE THEM. IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I HATE SCHOOL IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE KHAN ACADEMY IS $#*!ED AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE A WEBSITE. IT DOESNT HELP ANYBODY LEARN. THE VIDOES AND HINTS MAKE YOU LOOSE POINTS AND THEY ARENT EVEN HELPFUL. SOMEBODY PLEASE SUE KHAN ACADEMY BECAUSE IT HAS NO PURPOSE AND IS DRIVING MY ENTIRE SCHOOL CRAZY!

ehsnd
July 23rd, 2014

The new regime at Khan Academy have been very successful at sucking all the fun out of learning math.

rh615
November 28th, 2015

Maybe it works for people who are trying to learn PART of a topic, but for people who are working seriously, this website SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
I missed a unit of trigonometry and my teacher told me Khan academy should help me get caught up. He was planning to help with me with parts of it, but expects me to learn the majority of it on Khan.
I got on. Looked through the trigonometry lessons. Looked through the precalc lessons. Searched the videos. Scrolled through dozens of options.
THERE WAS NOTHING.
According to my textbook AND teacher, this was the most important unit in trigonometry, and Khan had NOTHING on it.
The website is awful. Stay away.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There is an old adage in education, that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

Non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?