Khan Academy

Khan Academy has a consumer rating of 3.83 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Khan Academy also ranks 2nd among Math sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 41.7%
How would you rate Khan Academy?

“Free and easy to use. Good for studying.”

Ryan H.
5/9/20

If you're trying to learn things because you missed school that day, or you just want to review some things, this is a pretty good site. The videos are pretty easy to follow, and the interface is easy to navigate and find what you need. Though, I wouldn't suggest using it as the only source you're going to use. It's not the best, but better than many other sites. (Teachers, if you're reading this, use Khan Academy instead of the dumpster fire that is Edgenuity. Just don't make your students use Edgenuity.)

“This place sucks”

Alex H.
4/22/20

My dad made me do Khan Academy because i was 4 parallel universes ahead of everybody and i wasn't doing enough work for online school. I signed up for GRADE SIX math and the first question they ask me is duh, what's 5+3. another thing is you cannot restart quizzes. i accidentally pressed the wrong button and checked because that's what i always do and i had to do the rest of the quiz! Without all these fixes i cannot say Khan Academy is a good learning website for any reason at all.

alexh440
April 22nd, 2020
dylane32
April 17th, 2020
every time i do work i come back the next day and it says its late or missing. this site is so bad and im failing classes because of it.
ke97
July 10th, 2020
It says answers CHECKED BY GOOGLE are wrong, it's boring as heck, and the fact that it takes 10k "energy points" to unlock a new style for a pet is absurd!
ginov95
May 25th, 2020
wtf is this $#*! wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtfvwtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf
micheall25
September 7th, 2017
khan academy is mad boring. Their articles make me wanna sleep and die. just shut down please. this is child abuse and I don't feel like reading. I need a break from you ok? its you not me.
rebaf3
May 1st, 2017
NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS THAT KEEP ME FROM LEARNING. THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR REDONE AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO SUE THEM. IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE I HATE SCHOOL IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE KHAN ACADEMY IS $#*!ED AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE A WEBSITE. IT DOESNT HELP ANYBODY LEARN. THE VIDOES AND HINTS MAKE YOU LOOSE POINTS AND THEY ARENT EVEN HELPFUL. SOMEBODY PLEASE SUE KHAN ACADEMY BECAUSE IT HAS NO PURPOSE AND IS DRIVING MY ENTIRE SCHOOL CRAZY!!!!!
ehsnd
July 23rd, 2014
The new regime at Khan Academy have been very successful at sucking all the fun out of learning math.
rh615
November 28th, 2015
Maybe it works for people who are trying to learn PART of a topic, but for people who are working seriously, this website SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
I missed a unit of trigonometry and my teacher told me Khan academy should help me get caught up. He was planning to help with me with parts of it, but expects me to learn the majority of it on Khan.
I got on. Looked through the trigonometry lessons. Looked through the precalc lessons. Searched the videos. Scrolled through dozens of options.
THERE WAS NOTHING.
According to my textbook AND teacher, this was the most important unit in trigonometry, and Khan had NOTHING on it.
The website is awful. Stay away.
3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

It is not a solution designed for exams. Exam preparation is a whole different world. You need to consider that at Khan academy the information is not arranged in a way to fulfill all the criteria in SAT. It is helpful to illustrate some baffling points, especially in math, but one must not limit one's self to the content of Khan Academy.

By Shiori K.

There is an old adage in education , that 'Spaced' learning is more effective than 'Clumped' learning. Waiting for the next Mastery challenge teaches patience, allows you to practice more skills in the dashboard, so the mastery challenges have more to do assessment on, and as you note, ensure that the concepts are transferring from short-term, to long term memory in your brain.

By Grant H.

It does not help whatsoever. My son's grades in fact went down after his school enlisted him to participate in this program.

By Elon M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Khan Academy staff and other customers.

non-profile that offers free online education courses on just about every subject from computer science and math, to history and SAT test preparation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Have a question about Khan Academy?