Sitejabber Website Reviews and Complaints

Jobscan

Jobscan has a consumer rating of 4.51 stars from 1,259 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Jobscan most frequently mention great tool, good experience and cover letter. Jobscan ranks 9th among Resume sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 84.9%
1,038

• This tool provides exceptional value to those like me who work directly with job seekers!
  • This helped me modify resumes to fit job descriptions and frequently land interviews for jobs that I wanted

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Jobscan?
Business's Favorite Review

“Cool tool”

Mark P.
11/13/20

It was eye opening to look at job descriptions more strategically. I ended up getting a job outside of the traditional application process, but I'm confident that I would have made some good traction using Jobscan.

See full review

“Simply great!”

Rashad I.
12/6/20

Useful insights, advises and resume feedback. It helped me to get a job! Very easy to use and very clear outcomes - highly recommended for anyone who is job hunting. I regret I didn't know about this great tool earlier.

Reviews (1,259)

job description (38) job search (17) job seekers (0)
mikem2804
June 20th, 2021

This is an outstanding service, well worth the cost for unlimited premium scans. The results helped me gain unbiased insight into my resume and reveal the skills and strengths that haven't been adequately revealed to get a strong position match. Your first scan will explain volumes about why you haven't gotten responses in the past. Fast track your next job search. After making the recommended updates from JobScan I had 5 interviews and 2 offers in 48 hours.

Tip for consumers:
It is worth every cent the price paid.

JobScan 3-month subscription

Awesome! Thanks, Mike!

lillians242
September 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

I used Jobscan Pro throughout my job search to compare the job description to my resume. I really liked that there were in-depth tips based on what kind of ATS some jobs use to parse keywords and save time (always put in the website's link so Jobscan can check!). Now obviously you have to still put in the work and make your resume readable for the real humans who may be looking for them, but this is a wonderful aid! Starting my new job in a week.

Use the Power Edit and the ATS tips

Jobscan Pro 3 month subscription

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks for your feedback, Lillian. Congratulations on getting the job!

kirstenb95
September 20th, 2021

Jobscan helped me immensely. I applied to over 250 jobs over about 2 years and got only one job interview and no offer. I started using Jobscan, applied to only 12 jobs in 3 months and received 5 interviews and landed an awesome job. I cannot thank them enough, this software is incredible and worth every penny. I wish I would have found it sooner and I will definitely use it again in the future if I'm job hunting again. 10/10 recommend.

Resume scanner

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Congratulations on getting the job, Kirsten!

noeld94
May 21st, 2021

Though it took several months to land a job opportunity, Jobscan was instrumental in ensuring key information was in my resume and assisting from a mentor who provided human interaction and feedback to my resume. In addition, I liked the feature where Jobscan identified shortcomings and allowed me to update my resume simultaneously scanning the job description. This enabled me to input real-time modifications to the resume, providing a percentage of what is still needed to meet the recommended 80% ATS probability. Great product, and thank you!

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks for the review, Noel! We are glad to have helped you build your own resume

margaritag44
February 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am very glad that I used the Jobscan! It helped me a lot to adjust my resume for each position, to apply right words, to fix resume formatting. It gave me so much confidence! This tool analyze the job description and finds the scope of skills that are required for the job, and not only skills but the right wordings to describe your competency. I found my dream job and would recommend this tool for everybody who is looking for a job.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thank you, Margarita! That's so awesome. Congratulations on landing your dream job!

sebastient10
January 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I have used Jobscan for preparing my CV for applications. The tool is very effective and, with just few little changes, it provides a massive change in the way my applications were perceived/retained by recruiters.
Also, it saved me a great amount of time when tailoring my CV for specific job ads. The scanner tells you which key words to focus on and help you going straight to the point.

jenniferh2099
February 7th, 2021

I was tipped off to this service by a career coach and it made a huge impact on the way I was approaching my application process. I was able to spend time tailoring my resume/cover letter to better match the job description and the scan feature made it a breeze. Definitely opt for the 3 month subscription with the unlimited scans. I probably scanned/updated my resume a hundred times with different tweaks and was able to land a role before I had to pay anything. ;) It's such a valuable service- honestly.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks, Jennifer, for this awesome feedback!

abdellatifm
April 26th, 2021

I used Jobscan to refine my resume, my LinkedIn profile and my cover letter for each and every job application. The tool is excellent at pointing you to specific changes to make to tailor your application material to a given job description. With unlimited scans, this helped improve my odds against the myriad and different ATS screening software tools which different companies use.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks, Abdel, for your excellent feedback about our tool!

teresam822
February 4th, 2021

I used Jobscan constantly to customize my resume for each position I applied to. It was very helpful to see which keywords stood out in the job description. I was then able to tailor my resume in such a way that, while remaining truthful, my past experience included the relevant keywords. It is a great tool to help de-mystify the applicant tracking systems and get the resume past them to a live person.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks for the great feedback, Teresa. Glad to know you find Jobscan useful! :)

pablojavierl
May 11th, 2021

Jobscan has helped me a lot to edit my CV, Linkedin Profile, and in each posting I did, the comparison with the Job Description had made my resume completely aligned with the job posting. That comparison is completely beneficial to facilitate the interview filter. I really love this tool, very easy to work with, and I'm truly sure resumé corrections you do on your CV, will give you better time to prepare for a great interview.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Hi, Pablo! Thanks for the awesome feedback!

taylork173
March 30th, 2021

I was looking for my first position as a software developer and was having a really hard time getting any sort of initial callbacks or interviews. I found jobscan.co through Reddit and gave it a shot. My success rate for getting an initial interview tripled! In one month I had three interviews, and finally got an offer! Jobscan helped get me through the initial interview process. I can't recommend it enough!

Resume editor

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback, Taylor!

annes1088
October 14th, 2021

This product has helped me to get tons of interviews. I could not have made such rapid progress without it!

Awesome! Thanks, Anne!

customerc15
February 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

This tool is amazing! Should I know it works like this, I would pay 10x more for it! When I start using it, most of my CV vs offer rating were about 25-30%. The tool helped me to achieve a 80+% average and land a dream job just within 2 months! (BTW - for the job I landed, I scored 96% on the tool! :) )

job search, cv builder

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Amazing! That's great to know, Jakub!
We wish you all the best :)

corriel15
September 3rd, 2021

It is worth it to pay for the membership! Good luck on your job hunt - Jobscan helped me immensely!

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback, Corrie!

lauram1956
April 20th, 2021

I used Jobscan at the advice of my career coach at the University of California San Diego Extension and found the services to be very helpful. I received a job offer and didn't need the service anymore. I forgot that I had a subscription until they emailed me about the bill. I emailed them right away that I would like to cancel my subscription and the support team immediately came back and said they would refund me for the next billing cycle. Good on Jobscan!

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Laura!

adams1292
May 4th, 2021

I am almost certain that Jobscan's resume / cover letter matching feature helped me bypass the unfair and byzantine applicant tracking system to help me land an absolute dream role. I had no direct connection to the company I applied for, barely even second degree connections on LinkedIn, but was able to make it to the top of the pile where my resume was able to shine. I quickly got a call back from the recruiter and after a few interviews had an offer. My recruiter confirmed that my resume made it through the system and was read be her. I'm now a few weeks in and love it. This was even a more challenging position than my previous role!

Before using Jobscan I'd throw my resume around to various job boards and postings on company websites and never hear anything back, despite being almost exactly qualified or even slightly overqualified for some roles. Jobscan is able to help you match word for word what these automated tracking systems are looking for. Trivial differences like "cross-functional" instead of "crossfunctional" or "cross functional" can mean the difference between being seen or being thrown out. Jobscan removes that guess work. Anyone seriously looking for a job should sign up for this platform and put every single resume and cover letter through here before applying. The return on investment is unlike anything else!

Tip for consumers:
Keep adjusting and re uploading your resume, over and over. Keep doing it until you're about 75% or higher (everything turns green indicating you're on the right track). Fill out as many fields as you can. Include the direct link of the job posting (i.e. on the company website, not the link to indeed.com or linkedin.com etc) so Jobscan can detect which applicant tracking system they are using. Do not use it to lie or fabricate any details or accomplishments.

Resume scan, Cover letter scan

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Adam, this is awesome! Thank you for the feedback.

ryans981
February 18th, 2021

Jobs can helped me highlight my experience in a way directly relevant to each application. When you only get one chance to get selected for interviews, it pays to be able to articulate your value proposition better than the stack of resumes not using jobscan. Love the product!

Job scan

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thank you for the awesome feedback, Ryan! All the best!

charlottes240
January 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

What a brilliant piece of software! After countless rejections for jobs, I was told my CV was being filtered out by the ATS. I hired a professional CV writer and had no better success. Using Jobscan for just a week resulted in no instant rejections, and an interview. The interface is very intuitive so can be used easily by anyone. I have recommended this to friends, who have had similar success. Thank you to the Jobscan team.

imenm1
August 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

I do thank Jobscan for showing me and teaching me the tools to better my job searches.
The $ was well spent and within 3 months I landed. I would like to think that Jobscan's tool helped.
I do recommend it for anyone who is seriously looking for a new opportunity.
IMS

None. I landed

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback, Imen!

elenas218
March 15th, 2021

I don't usually leave reviews and frankly, as good as Jobscan's resume help is, this one was prompted by their fantastic customer service. I ended up getting a job and no longer needed my premium subscription but predictably forgot to cancel. I got charged for another three months and was seriously bummed out but I shot them an email explaining the situation and they promptly refunded me and canceled my subscription moving forward. The next time I'm on a job hunt I will 100% be using them!

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Hi, Elena! We appreciate your feedback!

jaym797
July 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Amazed at how easy the Jobscan site it to use and the free trial provides a chance to use it before you buy it. I was amazed at the insight it provided to my resumes, that I always thought were well crafted and used the "right" words. Shortly after beginning to use Jobscan I began to see interview request come in and landed a job just a month later.

Tip for consumers:
Give it a trial run before purchasing

James H. – Jobscan Rep

That's awesome, Jay! We're glad to hear Jobscan was useful for you in your job search. Thanks for your feedback! We wish you the best!

davidw3439
February 5th, 2021

There are so many strategies in getting a foot in the door to land an interview. The ATS systems are formidable. I landed several interviews and ultimately my new job using Jobscan, which I have no doubt was the difference in getting past the ATS systems. So easy to use and informative in the tips it provides to strengthen your resume. I highly recommend Jobscan, especially it a competitive market.

Well worth the time

Jobscan - software

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Awesome! Thanks for the great review, David!

johnp3574
February 8th, 2021

Extremely useful tool. Helped to identify the areas of my resume that needed to be customized in order to make it through the 'black hole' of submitting online. Yielded several callbacks and ultimately opened the door for landing a job.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Hi John! Congratulations on getting the job! We wish you all the best!
Thanks for the great feedback.

tonyp590
June 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

I used Jobscan several times before discovering the gems, in terms of details, to help me actually craft my resume. Jobscan is not a simple word counter. I'm very pleased, thank you!

Reason I chose this business:

I am familiar with the high caliber results Jobscan produces, making me feel assured to choose Jobscan every time!

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Thanks, Tony, for your great feedback!

johnm7557
June 18th, 2021
Verified purchase
• Updated review

Really surprising service. Increases confidence about applying in a faceless ATS system. Helped me to fine tune resume versions to positions and stand out.

Reason I chose this business:

It worked yesterday. Trying again today!

Reason I chose this product:

I reviewed several sites aimed at dealing with ATS systems for job applications. This one had the most concrete results and provided solid recommendations for improvement.

James H. – Jobscan Rep

Great feedback! Thanks, John!

Really surprising service
June 17th, 2021
• Previous review

Reason I chose this business:

It worked yesterday. Trying again today!

Hi Rahul! We don't offer resume writing or review services as Jobscan is an automated tool that allows you to check your resume against any job description. Whether you're on a Free plan or Premium, the Jobscan tool can help you by providing keyword feedback and tips to optimize your resume for an Applicant Tracking System. You may visit www.jobscan.co/plan for our Premium plan options or reach out to support@jobscan.co if you have any other concerns. Thanks!

By Jobscan R.

Hi Shawn! Thanks for your message. We offer two pricing options for the Jobscan Premium plan -- a monthly option for $49.95 and a quarterly option for $89.95. If you go the $89.95 route, you actually get a free 30-day trial before being charged. Just cancel before the trial ends and you won't have to pay anything!

By Paige L.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Jobscan staff and other customers.

Applicant tracking systems may be all that is standing in the way between you and a job interview. To get past these pesky ATS, your resume needs relevant skills and keywords from each description. That's where Jobscan comes in.

Jobscan scores your resume against any job description and reveals the keywords you should include. It’s an essential free-to-try tool to increase your interview chances in today’s job market.

Visit us at jobscan.co or check out our blog for resources and guides at jobscan.co/blog

Business Highlights

• Resume Scan Tool
  • LinkedIn Optimization Tool
  • Free Resume Builder

Business History

Jobscan came about when founder James Hu was job seeking. He found the resume tailoring and keyword identification process too manual. After learning more about how an ATS works, he launched Jobscan in February 2014. Jobscan is a profitable and growing software company based in Seattle, Washington with a vision to build enterprise-grade tools for job seekers.

James H.
Founder & CEO
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jobscan?

Have a question about Jobscan?