Review of J.D. Byrider

J.D. Byrider reviews

tinas282
2/26/19

If I could give negative stars I would! I am a single mother who is rebuilding credit and went to JD Byrider in search of reliable transportation and a way to inprove my credit score after my divorce. This company bamboozled me. The same day I purchased the vehicle and signed my paperwork the engine light came on and hadn't gone off in the entire 18 months and after the 12 times I put the vehicle in the shop to rectify the issue. After signing my paperwork for the car the saleswoman at the Austin, TX location (which was closed down a month after I acquired the vehicle) took the car to put gas in it and the engine light came on. She told me and the Sales Manager about the engine light and he instructed me to go to a third party to fix it. Needless to say 4 months and 3 temp tags later I was still not able to register my car because the engine light is an automatic inspection FAIL! So I contacted JD Byrider and spoke to a man named "Ram" who advised me that the issue would get fixed although I had already taken the car to the third party mechanic and Pep Boys 5 times already to fix the engine issue (o2 senor repair, gas cap replacement etc.) and nothing worked. Ram arranged for someone to pick up my car to get it inspected and promised me (which he now lies about claiming he never said) that he would replace the car if the engine light came back on. They kept my car for 3 weeks and got it inspected and dropped the car back off to me with the engine light STILL on. I called Ram and he dodged my calls and instructed someone else to basically tell me I was out of luck and that used cars aren't perfect. This company knowingly sold me a car with severe engine issues which left me as a single mother without a vehicle for a total of almost 3 months out of the year and a half I had the vehicle. The cherry on the pie of all this is that the timing belt went out on me in December and I had to once again rent a car and be liable for my car note. After two weeks of paying $300/week for a rental car on top of my car note I was told that the mechanic Sergio did not want to replace the timing belt on an engine with over 150,000 miles on it. So I was told I would have to pay for the engine. $500 down and the other $600 later. I was without a car and drowning financially because of the rental car on top of my other bills. I paid the $500 and deferred the rest of the payment and picked up my car. One week later the engine light is back on, the engine sounds loose and everytime I turn the engine sounds like it is sliding and the temperature light comes on. The day after I borrowed the money to put a down payment on another car with a better company and left the POS car JD Byrider sold me at the dealership and instructed them to pick it up...which they still haven't the car has been there for 5 days they also have the nerve to tell me everytime I call to inquire about them towing the car how this car will negatively effect my credit for the next 7 to 10 years. This company is by far the worst company you could EVER get a car from! Don't walk RUN away! Buy a car ANYWHERE ELSE I beg you! Save yourself the heartache and financial woe. I plan on filing a lawsuit against JD Byrider and if I had the spare time would stand outside for hours each day to boycott their company. CNAC is the finance company that partners with JD Byrider to get you financed and they even know JD Byrider is a joke and honestly hate the fact that they are partnered with such a disgusting company.

kristinag29
4/18/18

RUN DON'T WALK!!! This business is fraudulent! I am a mother of two recently divorced working to improve my credit and overall financial situation and thought JD Byrider could help boy was I wrong!!! I purchased a vehicle that had an engine light on from the day I drove off the lot. I test drove the car and then the saleswoman took the car to put gas in it (after I signed my paperwork of course) and the engine light came on when she brought it back to me....she told me to bring the car back the next day and that it would be a simple fix but that wasn't the case... I purchased the car in August I couldn't get the car registered until February because of the engine light remaining on after attempting to fix the car 10 different times. I was apparently not supposed to complain because my car was under "warranty". I spent over $100 in cab fees dropping the car off to the multiple car shops JD Byrider partners with. The car was given back to me and the engine light continues to come on and go off...things got so bad they had to give me a replacement car (which had an engine light on also and smelled of burnt rubber under the hood while running). The dealership in Austin where I purchased my car was closed down and I have had to deal with the people in the San Antonio office for repairs etc. and they are a bunch of liars and thieves! Ramiro Herrera is the General Manager and he is the biggest liar of them all! He told me that I would get a replacement car because I explained to him that I felt taken advantage of and hoodwinked because I was given a car with severe engine issues that they "rigged" to get to pass inspection only for the engine light to continue to come back on! I was promised a call back about a replacement car and never received one..I have pictures to show that I have had 3 temp tags expire because I couldn't get the car registered or inspected with the engine light on! Now that my car is registered the engine light still comes on and goes off! The quality of their cars is less than subpar! They will take advantage of you because they know they report to your credit and they want to make sure they stick you in a POS car and force you to make payments or have your credit score be impacted negatively! Well played!

Tip for consumers: Go ANYWHERE else these folks are not to be trusted!

Questions? Get answers from the J.D. Byrider staff and other customers.

2 Photos for J.D. Byrider