JadeGowns.com.au reviews

csd@jadegowns.com.au

carolinew70
8/12/18

Ordered dress in April for wedding in May 2017, paid for quick delivery also. Did not receive dress. Had to go buy another short notice. Emailed back and forth to company for refund, who were extremely rude and would not give me information to speak with manager. Had toll investigate who deemed the freight lost. That I need to contact shipper to make a claim through to the sending account, all to no avail. I paid $194.98 for nothing!! BE WARNED!! DONT USE THEM!! Caroline

danielleg101
6/14/18

Never ever ever use this company.
They don't even have real reviews on their site (How I went wrong)
I ordered an outfit for my daughter's wedding which came 5 weeks later than stated, very very thick seams, not the colour I asked for and a very cheap immigration to the picture , the material was so inexpensive looking.
They refused me sending it back and are now ignoring me, I'm £200 down with a mess of a dress they wanted me to sell on to make my money back.......Crooks

carinaw
5/31/18

After receive the order, didn't give me the shipping and tracking information. Nearly one mouth not received and email them then give me the tacking no. it shows item already arrive 20 days. No phone call, no card, no message, later call TNT tell me pick up by myself. Dress is really not worth that price and the miss part no rope for the dress, email them told their professional tailor checked and let me match in local store by myself. Unbelievable EXPERIENCE! POOL CUSTOMER SERVICE! THE DRESS WAS ALL PLEATED LOOKS VERY CHEAP.

monikas34
4/13/18

Ich bestellte und bezahlte ein Kleid. Als dies ankam war ich geschockt über das Aussehen und die Größe. Obwohl ich meine Maße angegeben habe ist dieses Kleid fast 3 Größen zu groß und natürlich auch viel zu lang. Auch das unter dem angeblichen Chiffon sich ein schwerer Satinstoff befindet stand nirgends in der Beschreibung. Also mit einem leichten Sommerkleid hat das nichts zu tun. Auch die Farbe ist definitiv anders als auf dem Foto. Also für 135,-- kann man definitv auch eine andere Qualität erwarten da auch die Nähte sehr billig aussehen. Sie wollen mir das Geld nicht zurück geben und geben mir auch keinen Retourenschein damit ich dieses Chaoskleid zurück schicken kann.

taraf18
3/25/18

I ordered and paid for my dress.
It arrived oh my god!! Did not resemble the dress I saw on the site. No where near as nice. It did not fit despite a custom order. No explanation or assistance to resolve my dissatisfaction. Don't believe they are professionals, Because the sizing is about two sizes too big and very poor workmanship. Now 4 months out from my wedding and no dress!!!
Rip off easy cash I wouldn't wear this dress anywhere :(

sm1215
2/2/18

This company is selling FAKE dresses, ripping people off and taking advantage of the people who put their trust in this company! AVOID at all cost and save yourself the heartache. These people don't care about anything except money, they are pathetic and karma will eventually get them.What they advertise and what you get are two completely different things

danizkam
10/18/17

I recently bought a wedding dress from this so called company, and while i thought i was getting a great deal. I was in for a great shock on a arrival, i have not seen such a cheaply made dress in my life, it resembled that of a 3 year old fancy dress costume. The skirt was made from the same material of a bed net, there were loose threads every where and look NOTHING like the advertised picture i was so dissapointed. On asking about a refund i was offered a total of 4% back of the purchase price ... i would avoid this company like the plague from now on.

novellab
8/25/17

I know a lot of people here have had a very bad experience with Jade Gowns so I can't speak for anybody but myself but I personally had a very good experience with this company. I received the dress I ordered very soon after ordering it and it's exactly what I would expect to get for $250. Of course it doesn't look like a dress that cost $2,500 but at the same time structurally there's absolutely nothing wrong with it and with a few minor changes it will easily look like a very expensive down. The only things that are different between the gown that I received and the gown in the photo is that the one in the photo had a corset that was fully encrusted with beads and the one that I received had about a quarter beads and the rest of the embellishments sequins. From far away it looks amazing and close up it looks very nice too. I'm just going to add a few more beads to give it a bit of extra something. I wish I could post a photo of it here but I don't think that I'm able to. I was very worried after reading all of the negative reviews, so worried in fact that when my dress was delivered I was afraid to open it and see what it looked like. I had the parcel sitting next to me in the car for a good 10 minutes before I could bring myself to take a peek. To say I was surprised is an understatement. The dress is stunning, definitely far better than I had expected based on the reviews that I had read. Now, as I said I cannot speak for anybody else and maybe I just got lucky with the particular dress that I ordered but based on this, had I not read any other reviews previously for Jade Gowns, I would recommend them to anybody without hesitation. That's why I'm giving a 5 Star review. I know that many other people have had negative experiences but I can only speak for myself and things worked out very well for me indeed. I love my dress and I can't wait to wear it.

rikar3
8/4/17

I got the dress about a week ago, and deal with the customer service called Claire. Bad service, they don't do as their policy said about refund. I ask to refund because I don't like the dres, it looks cheap for a dress with more than AU$200 They only offer 8% more discount and asked me to keep the dress. The dress comes with a wrong fabric, TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the picture, we buy because of the good reviews from the web, and we just find out they only put a good reviews no bad things...probably is not their customers. The web should got a big warning so no more customer waste their money in here. I believe they will got what they just did to the customer oneday. I wish someone who read this and know how to report the website to the right one, so the scams can be stop it.

sandrag102
8/2/17

they use cheap materials, dress looked nothing like the photos they put up. wrong size. and don't give refund back.

shirleys99
8/2/17

i just spent $200 for my daughter's formal dress. But i received the dress just worth $20, looked nothing like their post.

johns1787
6/9/17

In short dress wrong colour and size .
We have corresponded with them and they have offered 8 % refund which is as useles as dress.
Anyone in same situation and you have paid by credit card talk to your bank and they can reverse money back into your account if you can show them that your dress is wrong.

filiza1
11/17/16

I received my gown 2days ago total disappointment it looks nothing absolutely nothing like what i ordered now im just to return it so im emailing them and asking a return address the women is saying to me the dress is nice there is nothing wrong with it we can only offer you a 10%discount on your next shopping trip why would i want to shop there they have a friendly return policy and still there toying with me ridiculous will NEVER NEVER BUY FROM THERE

lishr
11/3/16

These guys are an absolute rip off. The dress I received looked nothing like the picture. Cheap and nasty. Wrong size. Wrong colour. Don't waste your money.

nikitaf
10/23/16

THEY LITERALLY RUINED MY FORMAL!! THE DRESS WAS SO UGLY ! IT IS COMPLETE DIFFERENT FROM THE PICTURE!!! DO NOT FALL FOR ANY POSITIVE COMMENTS! THOSE ARE THE FK'D UP WORKERS TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE US BUY FROM THEM!! BUY YOUR DRESS FROM THE SHOP NOT ONLINE!! OR ELSE YOUR DRESS WILL BE LIKE MINE!! FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME FOR PICTURES!

amandag75
9/13/16

Terrible quality..terrible fit..dispite being custom made..terrible dress

teresar36
9/12/16

Jadegowns are a pathetic and dodgy company who need to be shut down asap. They are thieves and steal from vulnerable buyers. I have lodged a complaint with the authorities in the UK and they have been flagged in australia. I hope they get all they deserve. Unfortunately noone receives their money back. I have tried many times, but it seems the blame is on the buyer regardless of the state of the garment received.

terryl73
9/7/16

This company now is Minel.com.au

I have spend over AUD$250 to buy a dress from them and end up the color is completely WRONG!!!

I've requested them to remake and resend. Their staff, DAISY CHEN, said is going to charge 60% material fee to remake.

WHAT A JOKE THAT I NEED TO PAY EXTRA TO SOLVE THE MISTAKES THEY MADE???!!!!!

It's clear state on their website about exchange & refund policy point 1:

"1. Order is the wrong colour/size/style? If its our fault well fix it.
Wanted blue and we gave you pink? If its our mistake well remake your dress and this time, well pay the material fee. Sent us a picture of what you received and we will make sure of the situation. You can keep the original one as well."

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

emd7
9/2/16

If I could give less than one star I would. Wouldn't be surprised if the only good reviews are from the owners and employees working there. Horrible treatment and service. They offered me a 8% refund for the wrong dress. What type of a sick joke is that? Still working on getting a refund.

alisonf17
8/31/16

My daughter spent over $240 for a dress from jadegowns.com.au and it was delivered late after we paid extra for prompt delivery. When it finally arrived it was nothing at all like the picture. It was a poor quality, badly made copy from a Chinese sweatshop. The customer service was terrible. They do not do returns and then they stop all communications. They are SCAMMERS, so please BEWARE and don't ever consider buying from this so called company.

hribt
8/21/16

Poor quality. Will not refund for damaged goods.

erinb58
8/8/16

Worst scam I have EVER encountered! I paid $400 for a dress that arrived late, was wrong colour, way too big despite paying extra for custom fit and was the worst quality ever. Straight from China that would cost no more that $5 to produce even though they only disclose on their site it's from London. They were so unprofessional, never replied to my emails and never returned a cent! So angry!!!

susand138
7/25/16

THE DRESS WE PAID OVER $200 FOR WAS STAINED, SMELLED AWFUL AND WAS MADE OF THE CHEAPEST FABRIC POSSIBLE and would not have been out of place in a childs dress up box. Completely unfit for purpose and not wearable as a formal gown. Sequins falling off and didnt look anything like the picture. BEWARE AND DONT SEND ANY MONEY TO THIS COMPANY!

katet31
7/22/16

Everyone stay away from this website. Recently purchased a $230 'tailor made' dress and the delivered dress was nothing like the picture on the website. The fabric, style or colour did not demonstrated any similarities to the picture. A 5 year old kid with a piece of fabric can produce a better dress than the 'professionally custom made' dress. I contacted the company to seek a resolution and the response I received was absolutely garbage and ridiculous. Jadegowns is a planned scamming group and must be avoided at all cost. PLEASE AVOID.
See the response I received from jadegowns below:

Dear Customer,
Actually, most of our customers are looking for cheap alternatives on our site and they are our main target group. When we post Ads online and offer discount on our site, we are intended to offer more and take less from our customers, which mainly are low income group. We don't know how much you earned each year. But look at the news and papers, there bunch of poor family and citizens without money. In addition, there are many people without strong confidence on their body and will not visit local store. I personally consider we offer a chance to those guys, who have budget but prefer a acceptable and affordable dress. We did not and will not make all guys say good words on our products. It is your own rights to say bad word on us but please, think it over from other guy's perspective. Thanks.
For your own interest, please offer us photos with dress and we can offer some option. Thanks again.
Have a nice day!
Daisy from Jadegowns

raymondoi
6/28/16

Worst COMPANY EVER!!!! they delivered my dress a few days after which wasn't a problem for me but the fact was that IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE HOW IT DID IN THE PICTURE!!! SO DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE AND DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!
Another case was my friend had ordered her dress a week before her formal and it arrives a week after her formal!! SHE WAS DEVASTATED AND WE BOTH PLAN TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!

Questions? Get answers from the JadeGowns.com.au staff and other customers.

7 Photos for JadeGowns.com.au