Review of Influenster

New York City, NY 10013, US
Tel: +1-917-210-2981

tangelab
1/3/19

I used to like this site very much ,but now when they claim I'm getting a product or a box I never get it at all,I'm just not going worry about this anymore.

Tip for consumers: Be careful you may or may not get a box

christinae24
4/3/18

I have dark age spots covering most of my face and i noticed that on the second day of using The Forever Flawless Limited Edition White Diamond Beauty Set it is beginning to get lighter and my face is smother. I am amazed at what this product can do. Would highly recommend this product.

alav1
3/16/18

This company is a nightmare !. The quality is so so bad so I had to return those items back, BUT BE AWARE THAT YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!
so they have the clothes and your money !!!
I am going to sue this company , this is a total scam !

ashleyb225
11/10/17

So, when I first started Influenster I loved it. I have a large following and received 2 or 3 boxes of products. Recently though , I ran into a snag. They have Influenster Twitter Parties, I won a "Gloskin Mega Voxbox" which is a high end brand. It took 8 weeks to receive the box and it had 3 drugstore products in it. I thought, I had gotten it by mistake so I reached out to them...no response. I asked them nicely a few more times then tweeted at them to. Finally , I tweeted at Gloskin. They responded immediately and gave me a $200 gift card as well as saying that they were promised by Influenster the Gloskin Mega Box would contain THEIR products. A few weeks later I won another box, it has been 12 weeks and I haven't received it. They ignore my emails and I am almost positive they cancelled my box because I complained about them being deceiving with their prizes. I don't bad talk brands, ever and I know that things like this could just be a mistake but when you continue to be shady and not respond to me....that shows what kind of company you are running!

anetth
10/16/17

THis app/ website is a load of crap you will never receive $#*! from them. I was only able to submit my 4-5 star reviews. They just make you buy anything and everything with fals reviews

jennifers411
10/13/17

I love this site, the opportunities are awesome. It is, however, a little hard to get picked for a Vox Box which kind of sucks. But as long as you add all your social media and work at building it and your inflenster score you'll eventually get one. It's also important to stay active with the group and participate in any of the Twitter and Instagram parties they host.

guyo8
10/10/17

Just check this page: https://www.influenster.com/reviews/nature-made-magnesium-citrate-250mg

Different reviewers make the exact same comments ("Best investment for my health so far") and the exact same typos ("all Tue time"). These reviews come from a review farm.

mariec127
9/29/17

Just be honest with your products it's very important that your views know how the products are if is makeup than you test out the products your self and give your honest opinion about the products because your views and your family and friends and clients are going to see what you are doing and they going to want to know how those products are if it's good quality or it's ok or not good meaning they look for your opinion so there well know if there going to buy the products or not but it the look up to you

michelleg184
8/26/17

I was very excited upon first enrolling in Influenster. I am very active in social media, with a lot of followers who care about my opinion. I have a professional background in communications and marketing. I though it would be a fun way to try some new products and share my opinions with all of my followers. I was mistaken. The formula that Influenster uses to determine who receives products to test is quite puzzling. It doesn't appear to be based upon anything that would actually help them market the products to the correct target audiences. I found that Influenster is actually populated by legions of reviewers who are much like the people who raid Sephora dumpsters looking for free makeup. Barely literate, bored moms who are grateful for any free scrap thrown their way. Meanwhile, the company is taking in millions on the backs of the free labor of these women. The last straw for me was completing a qualification survey that took me ten minutes, and ended up yielding me TWO 6.7 ounce juice boxes. Not worth the time or effort. Not to mention all of the "Virtual Boxes" that require you to actually go out and BUY the products they want you to review. I am sure there are better companies for those truly interested in product testing and sharing reviews. Influenster is disappointing, however.

mercedesl2
8/16/17

I love this app but i wish I could click on the button that says write a review but everytime I click on it nothing happens. One reason why i love this app is because it gives us free samples just by entering a contest and following the rules

amym204
8/9/17

I love Influenster, it was a slow start at the beginning earning badges and and finally getting my impact score to high but after a few months I was on the short lists for campaigns and have received one box so far. I think it's a great way to try new products when you are a good fit for the campaign and it's also a great way to become more engaged with your followers, become a true influencer and share your honest opinion on products.
I've seen lots of people complain that they have to do too much for the products...You are receiving free product(s) to reveiw if you are selected for the campaign, if you want a guarantee of products constantly, pay for them through a subscription service such as Ipsy.

tonyam30
7/30/17

I've really wanted to like Influenster. The idea of getting complimentary products to honestly review is great, however it seems that it is getting harder to do just that. The chances of actually getting full sized quality products to review is getting further and harder to obtain. I have been an Influenster for some time now and had some products that I was excited about but mostly not. My main issue and the reason I went as far as reviewing here is that the reviews are biased. I am vegan and conscious of my impact. That being said I already know that products might not align with my values. I still try and accurately review the products and when necessary enlist a non vegan friend to try out for me. I've had some fairly recent products that I found that they were misleading in their ingredients. I stated that in my review and went as far as chatting with the company over this. I was disappointed that my honest review was not honored and was not able to be posted when I stated clearly why I wasn't a huge fan of the product and thus leaving a 3 star review and never named called cursed etc. I simply stated why I could not recommend due to x,y and z. I find it a waste of an Influenster's time if all they can do is rave about products no matter what and not be able to legitimately review a product. I hope this gets improved because I am a strong believer in basing my potential purchases on fellow reviewers input and will continue to do so in hopes of it not effecting my odds of continuing to Influence with Influenster.

sherriem12
3/26/17

Is it because of my age that I don't ever win.. I might be 52 years young but I could pass for 30. Just asking to give me a chance. Thanks Sherrie Mullaney

mbl1
3/8/17

When I first saw marketing for Influenster, everything was about makeup, hair and face products. When I signed up and received my first VoxBox, I was so excited!! But immediately disappointed after finding French's fried onions, a bottle of Frank's Red Hot sauce and a few other food items. Definitely not what I was expecting! But hey, I'm a good sport and used everything in the box (even though I've tried everything before) and left reviews on it. Then, boom! here's my second box about 2 months later. Crossing my fingers I might get a lip balm or something, this go round it was little bags of chips, a tongue scraper, Febreze, coupons and some other little things I've already forgotten. Needless to say, I let my kids have a go at this stuff and ended up using the scraper to scrub some stuff off my bathroom sink. Not worth my time writing reviews on things I was never interested in to begin with. ALSO, I realized that MOST of the reviews on products (received in a VoxBox) had positive (some over the top) remarks, when in reality I knew better. So you pretty much cant trust the reviews on all of the products people received for free :-I I guess this is fine for people with crazy extra time on their hands and like writing reviews and advertising products for free (most of which you don't really care about, but might mean you'll get another box in the future). And for everyone's reference, I'm a 30 year old mom of two with all social accounts. Apparently, falling into a certain category means I only cook and clean and have no interest in my appearance....

neomaf
2/18/17

I've been on Influenster for some years now and it was all fine before they made the app. The way it goes is the more your outreach is (facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. following) the more voxboxes you will be chosen for. Having said that, ever since the app was made influenster has become pretty ridiculous. Everything has to be done through the app, which is fine, but they aren't counting tasks that have been done. If the task hasn't been done, you don't get the badge. If you don't get the badge, you don't have a chance to receive a voxbox. I have finished multiple badges just to have tasks ignored and stay "in review" throughout the whole campaign. That is if my tasks where counted at all. Here recently I finished tasks for a badge through the influenster app and it was not counted. I did everything that was required in order to finish the badge, but it was not counted. I had to open 3 different tickets to get any help with this issue and even then, nothing. Now, after a few exchanged messages, I have not heard from them about why it isn't registering that I did the task. I've commented on their facebook, instagram, and twitter as well as emailed them and STILL nothing. I'm not the only one they've been screwing around like this. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. My account has been deleted. They've gotten really ridiculous.

bethg35
2/10/17

Okay, personally I think its pretty ridiculous how many people complain about this app/website. They're very straight forward. Their ultimate goal is to exchange products in return for your honest opinion.

HOWEVER there is no guarantee you will get anything. Here's the thing, if they send out a product in exchange for a review. They want that review to actually be seen/heard to advertise the product. So a big factor of you receiving a voxbox is based on your impact. And they also want quality reviews. If you're posting short vague reviews it's likely that you won't get picked often.

If you put in the time and effort to build up your impact score and write quality reviews, the odds of you receiving a voxbox will increase! It may take a while but you are getting it 100% free.

I personally have earned some sweet products, that I love!

If you're willing to actually work at it, then it's worth it!

heatherf56
1/15/17

I have been VERY active on Influenster for almost 6 months, done hundreds of snaps, dozens of reviews, created lists, finished almost every campaign and several other badges, and I have received ZERO products to review. I have to assume that is because of one of the following: I am not a member of a "desirable" age bracket (I'm 46, and I've heard other older women ALSO don't get boxes), I am not attractive enough in my photos, I am CRUELTY-FREE, or that I don't have a smartphone and can't use their precious app. I wrote them about the latter, and they assured me that had nothing to do with it...

So months later, why have I still received NO products to review? I am done with Influenster, and I encourage other older or cruelty-free women to consider the same.

clairep22
1/4/17

I've been on Influenster for about 2 years. When I first started, I honestly didn't expect to receive the amount of Voxbox's I have received.. (I've received about 5-6). The boxes are great because they (usually) come with full-size products. The thing about influenster though is that you HAVE to review these products, do activities, share photos on Instagram/other social media (which I don't have a problem doing). They give you a great amount of time to do these activities, and you don't *have* to complete all of them, but it's nice to get the badge for it so you can qualify for more voxbox's in the future. You also have to have a good social impact, which depends on the amount of followers/friends you have on your social media accounts (they add up the total amount). If you're looking for a place to sit and get free products for nothing, this is not the site for you. Influenster is about influencing your followers and friends to use products sent to you by participating brands.

The only thing that grinds my gears about this site/app is that there are so many people who copy and paste reviews from other reviewers for products, and who rate and write the same generic review on every item ever which is really unfair to those of us who spend time and effort writing great reviews to be qualified.

speakingthetruthf
9/12/16

you have to earn badges, write a ton of reviews, create product lists, take surveys, link and bombard all your social media accounts(fb, twitter, vlogs, blogs, pinterest & take screenshots of all your activities) with their products and so far i've gotten ONE voxbox after doing all of that. It isn't worth your time. so much effort for a $9 product.

laural104
5/12/16

Hi, I'm Influenster! Just jump through these forty hoops, spend a lot of your own money, and MAYBE we'll send you a prize!!!

They just sent me another offer to get $2 off my choice of $20 and over products (that I am supposed to pay for) so that I can post photos, tweet, and tell everyone about the product. Yeah, I'm going to do your marketing so that I can get rejected for ambiguous prizes....these people must be on crack.

I laughed and deleted their email.

dollym2
4/13/16

I wasted SOOO much time "earning badges" and writing reviews for influenster and received a few emails saying I was a match for a voxbox and I just needed to fill out a survey to receive a box full of samples however I "failed" those surgery EVERY TIME!! They always ask questions like "have you heard of these products below" and when I answer honestly they fail me on the survey. Personally I feel they waste your time and promise you these big fancy boxes and give them to half their participants but not others. Id rather use sites like "bzzagent" and freesamples.org because they garauntee you free things...

danielleb42
3/21/16

I've been a member of this site since 2012 and have received 7 free "voxboxes" from them, filled with full-sized products to sample. I'm not a youtuber or a vlogger, nor am I anyone popular on the internet, nor do I have thousands of followers, and yet I've still received things from them. They give out free samples of everything from makeup to food to pet products, but you have to be patient if you want things.

I review things on the site every now and then and always give my honest opinion whether I like it or not; bad reviews do not affect you getting free samples. I don't see many people on the site lying about things, and have seen many reviews on many products from where people didn't like them. So I don't think people are overrating products just because they got free samples or anything like that.

Tip for consumers: To up your chances of getting free samples, watch the new youtube videos they post and participate in the giveaways!

caelim
1/15/16

Yes, this site is real and its not a scam. This company sends out what they call voxboxes, which have, most of the time, full sized products of what ever they are reviewing at the time. to get a voxbox, you must post reviews on their site. The more reviews you post the higher the chance you will be chosen for a voxbox. I have received 2 voxboxes since Ive been on the site. Ive been on influenster for about 3 months. When a box comes out the will send you a survey if they think you might qualify. You fill out the survey and if you qualify you will be picked to be sent that particular box. just a fyi, just because you get a survey doesn't mean you will automatically get the box. Once the box arrives you will need to review the products and do the other tasks they are asking you to do. So, yes, this is a time consuming process. Yes, you do get products to try but the review process can be quite lengthy. I received a coergirl box which had a eye shadow palette, lip product, and mascara in it. I also received the jingle voxbox which had quite a few items in it. You won't be sent products you won't really use. It goes off of what you are reviewing. So if your a male your not going to get tampons. They do send out some high end cosmetics at times. I have seen them send out YSL and Marc Jacobs.

bettyb44
1/1/16

Sites like this are responsible for over inflated reviews that consumers think are true in turn making us, the consumer, waste our money based on fake reviews. Some people do say they received free products for review. I think a lot of reviews on websites are fake and anyone being paid (either with money or with free products) for giving reviews should have to state that in the review and I don't think they all do so. I only shop online and I make my decisions based on honest reviews not reviews that were paid for. I think this practice should be outlawed.

lilys39
12/21/15

To those who are saying that Influenster is justified for taking so long to provide free samples to the users of their site, you guys do realize that there are other websites that provide several free samples for consumers to try with much, much less effort on the consumer's part, right? Ive spent a year on their site providing info and writing reviews and I have not received anything! I will never go back on their site ever again. So, unless you have a huge following on social media, don't expect to get anything from them. The only people who I have seen getting a sample box are vloggers on Youtube.

When you take the survey for being on the short list for the next campaign, if you are a good match for the upcoming box you will receive an email sometime after saying "You're in!". If you do not receive that email, it means you were not a good match for that particular campaign based on your answers.

By Amy M.

To receive a VoxBox, connect your social media accounts to increase the impact meter. Write reviews and earn badges for those honest reviews. You may receive an email saying you are on the short list for an upcoming VoxBox and are required to take a survey if you would like to participate. If your survey answers show you are a good match for that campaign you will receive an email saying "You're in!". After that you will receive the product(s) and you MUST complete the campaign actions, write reviews and take a survey at the end of the campaign. If you do not do these things, you will not qualify for another VoxBox. Influenster is not about getting free stuff, it is about Influensting your followers, friends and family. Sharing products with them with honest reviews.

By Amy M.

I'm 46 and NO, in almost a year I have NEVER gotten one.

By Heather F.

facebook sells information to data miners that pay money - so yes. And linking anything to facebook will increase the chances of this happening. Your account being hacked may or may not be because of linking. It's good to change your password every once in a while and to avoid putting everything on facebook.

By d s.
Questions? Get answers from the Influenster staff and other customers.

Influenster?