Indeed UK

Indeed UK has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Indeed UK ranks 31st among Recruiting sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

How would you rate Indeed UK?

“My go to job searching site”

Karen Z.
6/23/19

This is probably one of the most used site for me when it comes to job searching. There's quite a lot of good vacancies whether it's big business/companies to smaller ones. It's simple to use and some jobs you can apply within the website. You can also set up a profile where you can upload your CV or create one. Although I have to say that sometimes it's a bit repeated so the same jobs keep popping up on each page I go to.

“This is supposed to help you get a job?”

James H.
12/5/20

This site is one pathetic excuse for a job search site, simply because they couldn't care less about finding you a job. This is a paid recruiting site that ignores your needs in favour of what the paying companies seek. Companies pay Indeed to find employees. Since you don't pay them to find you a job, they don't need to worry about what you want. The search engine has little to do with searching available jobs. It just feeds you job postings that will make them money. For example, I did a search for "parts advisor." Meaning auto parts person. There was ONE job listed for parts advisor. The rest were completely UNRELATED to my search. Everything from nurses, to engineers, to teachers, to cleaning personnel. How are any of these jobs even remotely related to my search term? They aren't. When you look at the employers, they are well known companies (not necessarily good ones) that have loads of money to spend on recruitment. Try to use industry standard search modifiers and the search engine simply ignores them. Also the search engine cannot seem to differentiate between "parts" and "part time"... I suppose this is intentional as well. So if you're looking for a job, you may want to look elsewhere for results. Indeed surely isn't giving any good ones. EDIT: In response to Indeed... Why should I have to jump through your hoops just to get the correct results for what I search? There are already industry standard search terms and modifiers that almost everyone knows and the fact that you refuse to use them is simply supporting my original review. Also, there is no denial in the response that Indeed is paid to fill positions and couldn't care less about what job searchers are seeking. No excuse. If Indeed were, in fact, trying to help people find a job, then they wouldn't present so many obstacles. By the way, I attached another screenshot using quotes around the words I wanted to appear in my search results, just as you instructed... again, not a single job that contained my search terms, thus proving my point AGAIN! My original review stands as written...

karenz77
June 23rd, 2019

It's simple to use and some jobs you can apply within the website.

Indeed-Support S. – Indeed UK Rep

Thank you so much for sharing, Karen! We are so happy to hear you've had a great experience while using Indeed! If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our team directly at sitejabber@indeed.com. We're always happy to help!

jamesh2651
December 5th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Go elsewhere. They couldn't care less about what you seek. They are only interested in filling positions from the companies that pay them.

Products used:
None... they couldn't show me anything I searched.

Indeed-Support S. – Indeed UK Rep

Hi James, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are very sorry to hear that you feel like this. It appears that you are doing a general search for two keywords, a search like this will show you jobs where the two words you searched for appear anywhere in the job description of the jobs appearing on Indeed, so there is a chance that they will not be entirely relevant to your interests.
We would advise focusing your search further using quotation marks around two terms like this - "parts advisor". This will ensure your results consist of only jobs where these two words appear next to each other.
You can further refine your search to find jobs that contain these two words in the title with our Advanced Search: https://www.indeed.co.uk/advanced_search, just enter your search terms in the "With these words in the title" box, this should ensure you get the most relevant jobs in your search results as the title of the job will be directly related to your keywords. If you would like us to create some custom searches for you just follow up with us at socialcare@indeed.com, we would be happy to help.

ralpht44
October 27th, 2018

This is a good job vacancies website that we use when we're looking to hire for our small business. Simple to use and a good response rate. Will use again.

Indeed-Support S. – Indeed UK Rep

Thank you so much for sharing, Ralph! We are so happy to hear you've had a great experience while using Indeed! If you ever need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact our team directly at sitejabber@indeed.com. We're always happy to help!

bena161
January 6th, 2020

I advertised a job on indeed trying to recruit some Taxi Drivers, I stated in the advert that applications would need to be 21 years or over. We did this because for this position they would need to obtain there Private Hire License for Tamworth and to do that they would have to be over 21. This is a legal requirement implemented by the local authority and not us directly. This got my account suspended. I agreed to remove this part to have my account reinstated. Which they did for an hour. Then my account was suspended again. This time its because the applicant would need to obtain their Private Hire License. This is the same as someone advertising for a builder with a cscs card. I have tried to communicate with support who said their decision was final. When i look on indeed there are 100's of job listing exactly the same as ours.

alexl336
June 13th, 2019

Madisons Recruitment used indeed free for a year then took the paid approach which we gained benefit from. We used the free service a lot after this and out of nowhere our account was blocked! With no explanation other than we do not have to give you a reason. I do not understand what we had done wrong in anyway! We are a recruitment agency and want to use indeed! Extremely unprofessional to not even explain to a company who has spent previous money and used the service for over 3 years! I want to use again but not sure what we have done wrong as the exact same advert goes to CV library, Jobsite, Monster and multiple free job boards!

Indeed-Support S. – Indeed UK Rep

Hi Alex, we have responded to your review via private message. Thank you.

bobt41
June 25th, 2014

Crap irrelevant searches. Same old jobs day in day out. Recommended jobs are a total waste of time as they seem random. But worst is the bad search which drops anything in your lap it feels like and expired out of date jobs.
Customer service email response is slow and useless giving a crap video of how to do a basic search does not fix your $#*! useless site

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Indeed UK staff and other customers.

As the world's #1 job site, with over 180 million unique visitors every month from over 50 different countries, Indeed has become the catalyst for putting the world to work. Indeed is intensely passionate about delivering the right fit for every hire. Indeed helps companies of all sizes hire the best talent and offers the best opportunity for job seekers to get hired.

Indeed-Support S.
Social Media Client Services Specialist
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indeed UK?

Have a question about Indeed UK?