Review of HSBC UK

London, LND E14 5HQ, GB
Tel: +44 1442 422929

sweeq
5/7/18

HSBC must be about the worst bank when it comes to customer "service". I have been trying to activate my digital key for a month now. Each time involves answering a memorable question and the providing selected password characters - plus more key strones. So, time consuming indeed. I have only tried to do so at least 6 times but each time, I am greeted with a brainless (generated by bots) error message. I have contacted HSBC's customer service (or disservice) department twice and each time they tell me that their (pathetically useless) IT bods are still working on it - and that they have no clue when the system will be fixed. Having experienced the service of one of the "challenger banks", HSBC's "service" (what a misnomer!) by comparison stinks - mega big time! Its complacency, hubris and derogatory treatment of customers are an unmitigated disgrace!! I really hope that the challenger banks will wake up the dinosaurs like HSBC to the reality that customers do have options - and that with the advance of blockchain, they will need to really up the ante to survive.

rb147
3/9/18

After being an HSBC UK customer for 8 years, they froze my account for being inactive/dormant after a few months (I hadn't used it in a while), and also froze my telephone banking for some reason. I don't currently live in the UK, so could not go into a branch in person to "verify my identity".

After calling for 6 months and repeatedly asking for a letter/code to unfreeze my telephone banking (in order to then re-open my dormant account), no letter came. When I called, the customer service agents could not confirm the address they were sending the letter to for "my security", because my telephone banking was frozen. I would later find out that they were sending the letter (WITH SECURE INFORMATION) to the wrong address. But they could not tell me this. If this sounds Kafka-esque and ridiculous and illogical, trust me, it was.

I went into an HSBC US branch and begged them to call the UK bank to get my account unfrozen. After an hour on the phone, we were able to get my telephone banking unfrozen, but not my dormant account reactivated, because they have bizarre address and ID confirmation policies (what they are trying to confirm, I don't understand, because all of the addresses are easily changeable either on their website or through my other banks).

No policies are consistent. None of their staff seem to know or understand their policies for basic things like unfreezing an account. I would absolutely NEVER recommend this bank to anyone. I will likely be closing my account after I get it unfrozen (it still isn't).

lemonp9
12/12/17

A high st bank in runcorn ches uk has just robbed a vunerable person out of 5 quid, she counted the money 5 mikes away and I witnessed her count it 29 x tens and a fiver 295 quid but the lady on the till was suppose to exchange the 300 in 20's for tens? I phoned the bank and got a load of crap off the nice malat woman, ?should I call the police,i mean hsbc are reknowned by media for funny goings on , ect ect but it could be a mistake ?REFUNDED

anng74
9/19/17

All within last 12 months :
Payments to airline direct booking site withheld BY HSBC twice in 24hr period when funds were available in account. Complaint to bank lead to a denial of any block in place but airline records confirmed that the bank had in fact withheld payment twice.
HSBC has an online Chat service that should permit speedy resolution of any difficulty using the bank's website. The Chat logo onscreen does not guarantee the service is in operation.
Setting up new payees is supported by the bank's mini security device generating a one-time code which has to be entered onscreen. The code may be rejected without explanation when you type it in onscreen and, if the Chat service happens to be 'resting', there is no way to set up the payee without a telephone call and multiple security questions. A long delay if one needs to make a fast payment.

junaidm
11/2/14

Best bank ever by any means !!

Questions? Get answers from the HSBC UK staff and other customers.

HSBC UK?