HSBC UK

HSBC UK has a consumer rating of 2.2 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HSBC UK also ranks 52nd among Banking sites. The most common issues with HSBC UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate HSBC UK?

“The customer service team was very friendly and helpful”

Giannina T.
1/18/20

All the items I ordered in this boutique were of excellent quality, but the bust was of little importance in the dresses. I would definitely recommend dresses with hoops to someone whose bra size does not exceed 36C. As for the skirts I ordered, they fit very well and are very flattering. The customer service team was very friendly and helpful.

“Please, PLEASE DO NOT TRUST Reviews or order from this site! The company writes the 5 Star Reviews..”

Raegan L.
3/2/18

PLEASE, take my word for it and do not order from this site unless you are okay with wearing cheap, torn clothing! You also cannot trust the reviews on Trustpilot! This company had my review removed from the site as I am sure they have done with others! I'm assuming because I did not have an order number? Or continue responses with shady co? They are also doing a REALLY poor job writing their own 5 Star reviews! Some are even copied and pasted (twice on the same review) by accident I'm assuming? They are trying to cover up all the negative reviews, but trust if a company is capable of giving this type of service then that is the type of service they give! Regardless of how many FAKE, 5 Star Reviews they are able to write themselves! Original Review: Took advantage of Teenager! My Granddaughter ordered 7 things from this site for Christmas (2 years ago), only 4 showed up and none of them were the correct items and were also not even the same color as what she ordered! She says looks like cheap knock off, not as picture showed at all. We were charged for all items. Arrived in dirty bag, no paper, receipt, Nothing! Updated Review: You Flagged me for removal because I didn't leave order number.. Really!? All makes since now, you don't put receipt in the bag so that the customer has no record of purchase, or the order number, and you get to remove all the negative reviews. Genius! LOL I don't have order number because you sent us nothing! Items weren't even wrapped in tissue. SOME Items did FINALLY arrive (2 did not), but 1 shirt was ripped, they were wrong sizes (EXTREMELY Small!) and they were Bootleg knock offs, also received the wrong colors, and items were not what was in the photos online at all! Example: 1 item was to be a leather jacket What arrived? An Ugly, brown polyester coat that stops just under her breasts. The ripped shirt was torn right across front so is useless and can't be sewn. She did like 1 shirt but it was red and was to be black (red wasn't even an option in this style) BTW.. Teenager doesn't think to write anything down when ordering online... Lesson Learned, NEVER AGAIN! .................................................................................. We have no order I.D. because she forgot the password to that email address, the one used. .................................................................................. Romwe, You shouldn't have had my review removed.. now I will make my duty to warn everyone on EVERY SINGLE SITE I can!!! Everyone Else, You've been warned..

junaidm
November 2nd, 2014
lemonp9
December 12th, 2017
A high st bank in runcorn ches uk has just robbed a vunerable person out of 5 quid, she counted the money 5 mikes away and I witnessed her count it 29 x tens and a fiver 295 quid but the lady on the till was suppose to exchange the 300 in 20's for tens? I phoned the bank and got a load of crap off the nice malat woman, ?should I call the police,i mean hsbc are reknowned by media for funny goings on , ect ect but it could be a mistake ?REFUNDED
anng74
September 19th, 2017
All within last 12 months :
Payments to airline direct booking site withheld BY HSBC twice in 24hr period when funds were available in account. Complaint to bank lead to a denial of any block in place but airline records confirmed that the bank had in fact withheld payment twice.
HSBC has an online Chat service that should permit speedy resolution of any difficulty using the bank's website. The Chat logo onscreen does not guarantee the service is in operation.
Setting up new payees is supported by the bank's mini security device generating a one-time code which has to be entered onscreen. The code may be rejected without explanation when you type it in onscreen and, if the Chat service happens to be 'resting', there is no way to set up the payee without a telephone call and multiple security questions. A long delay if one needs to make a fast payment.
alexisj55
August 3rd, 2019
Used HSBC for the mortgage on a new property. Simply put we were 'porting' our current HSBC mortgage from the old to the new house and taking out a second HSBC mortgage to cover the difference. The maths was Mortgage 1 + mortgage 2 = the price of the new house (minus what we put in in terms of equity on the old property)

HSBC applied the following maths. Mortgage 1 - mortgage 2 = £97,000 short of what we needed. I voiced concern this was wrong and this was ignored for 10 weeks straight, despite repeated e-mails and phone calls. 2 days before exchange our lawyers got involved and pointed this out. HSBC finally accepted the mistake as one of the advisors having messed up. I expressed dismay that the mistake wasn't picked up by underwriting and the fact theres a single point of failure that can go all the way through to exchange.

I wrote a letter asking HSBC to alter their procedures so no single mistake could go through to exchange without a second check to detect it, a relatively easy process to employ. HSBC refused stating it was 'too difficult' to implement this. From someone that works in a safety related industry where procedures change the whole time I know this not to be true. HSBC then suggested it was the lawyers that were to blame, ironic when it was the lawyers that THEY INSISTED i use. That cost me £1004 in cancelled legal fees from the original lawyers I instructed. Again HSBC denied any wrong doing as it's in their terms and conditions. I might also remind them 'learning from mistakes and putting things right is also in the T&Cs but they failed to do that by refusing to change very poor procedures. HSBC then went on to suggest I was the second line of defence on mistakes and I should have picked up the mistake. I pointed out I was not a financial adviser but I had highlighted a mistake and I had been ignored. Ironically then HSBC seemed to ignore me when I further pushed this point. I would summarise they actively encourage weak procedures so they can use plausible deniability. In the end I was offered £250 and the ombudsman agreed this was fair because the legal issue and the procedures issue they do not look into as it's not their area of responsibility. I contacted the FCA who seemed largely disinterested but 'added it to their statistics'.
rb147
March 9th, 2018
After being an HSBC UK customer for 8 years, they froze my account for being inactive/dormant after a few months (I hadn't used it in a while), and also froze my telephone banking for some reason. I don't currently live in the UK, so could not go into a branch in person to "verify my identity".

After calling for 6 months and repeatedly asking for a letter/code to unfreeze my telephone banking (in order to then re-open my dormant account), no letter came. When I called, the customer service agents could not confirm the address they were sending the letter to for "my security", because my telephone banking was frozen. I would later find out that they were sending the letter (WITH SECURE INFORMATION) to the wrong address. But they could not tell me this. If this sounds Kafka-esque and ridiculous and illogical, trust me, it was.

I went into an HSBC US branch and begged them to call the UK bank to get my account unfrozen. After an hour on the phone, we were able to get my telephone banking unfrozen, but not my dormant account reactivated, because they have bizarre address and ID confirmation policies (what they are trying to confirm, I don't understand, because all of the addresses are easily changeable either on their website or through my other banks).

No policies are consistent. None of their staff seem to know or understand their policies for basic things like unfreezing an account. I would absolutely NEVER recommend this bank to anyone. I will likely be closing my account after I get it unfrozen (it still isn't).

Questions? Get answers from the HSBC UK staff and other customers.

Welcome to HSBC UK banking products including current accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards. Also Premier and Advance banking and more??_

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSBC UK?

Have a question about HSBC UK?