Review of HouseKeep

Tel: 0203 434 3080
hello@housekeep.com

mc548
1/26/19

I had such an dreadful experience with Housekeep. I have been customer for long. I used to have initially good cleaners so I was happy with them. But the more I went regular with them, their service and cleaners both got bad to worse. If you get a good cleaner by fluke, you are lucky. But I had quite a few bad incidences.
First one was when cleaner did not show up; Housekeep failed to call me to inform only for me to wait for an hour (as they have an hour wait period for cleaner), to find out the cleaner did not show up and housekeep gave negligible compensation for such a waste of my time, energy and money.
Second time cleaner came more than half an hour late, I had to wait 1.5 hours according to their hourly waiting time
Third time cleaner did not complete the job. Left house in a not very clean state
This kept building up my dissatisfaction with the company. They never compensate fairly for any time waiting and wasted and stress caused. They treated my complaints and me like so inconsiderably. They have most pathetic customer service.
Fourth time was the most horrendous one. The cleaner came to do 3 hour cleaning. Whilst I was showing what needs to get done, she would make faces of disapproval and throw attitude for me to show her what needs to get done. When she started cleaning, I was supposed to give cleaning products. I offered her everything including gloves which she declined. She did terrible cleaning for 30 mins and I had to show her how to clean mirrors, surfaces and had to do it after her. She got angry about me telling her that she had not cleaned properly. She left saying she can't be bothered as she didn't wanted to clean my house anymore. The cleaning was hardly done and the mess that was left behind took me hours to clean out myself and organise. It was such a waste of my money and time and caused me too much stress. After this stressful experience, customer service for housekeep was even worse. They constantly talked over me. They wasted my time for 2 hours + 1 hour waiting time for cleaner. I asked them for a fair compensation which they decline to give causing me even more stress. They started psychologically abusing me by blaming me on how it was my fault that the cleaner left. Their such abuse and covetous service was so unacceptable. I contacted their CEO Avin Rabheru came across even more ruthless and insulting. They did not offer me any compensation and they accounted 1.5 hours of cleaning at my place when the cleaner was just there hardly for 30 mins. Henry the psychologically abusive manager apologised but that did not stop him insulting and blaming me and did not take full responsibility of their bad service, stress caused and the blame game he played. They have also kept my Personal identification and card information despite me emailing both Avin and company to take my details off their account. Keeping my personal details without my consent is against compliance. It was vile. Avin's and his company Housekeep's is motivated by avarice, worst customer services, many bad cleaners and machiavellian tactics. It is unacceptable and untolerable. I will do everything in my power to ensure they take my details off their system and would block them out completely. It was very stressful and abusive experience. I wish that upon no one. Stay away from them. (If anyone wants pics of the state the cleaner left my house in, please ask me directly and I will share)

jessicat236
12/24/18

HORRENDOUS - avoid like the plague! I've been with Housekeep for years and had 1 excellent cleaner through them. Recently she left and since then, dealing with Housekeep has been a nightmare. Recent examples below:

1) A new cleaner was sent who took 3.5 hours to hoover a 3 bed apartment and that's all he managed in the time. He moved all of the furniture/items on the floor onto the bed/sofa to hoover and left them there so when I came home, there were dining room chairs standing on the sofa. Worse still, he also wore some awful hair pomade which left brown marks smeared all over the walls of our apartment so I had to spend an hour after the cleaner came with a bucket of soapy water cleaning the walls. Disgusting.

2) Regular cleaner was scheduled to come round before Christmas as we were having guests over. Cleaner then went on holiday for 6 weeks so cancelled my clean. I then had to book a replacement cleaner over Christmas period to cover her. Replacement cleaner then takes holiday and cancels my clean. So have to book a replacement cleaner to cover the other replacement cleaner. No cleaners available except on Christmas Eve which is hugely inconvenient but that was all Housekeep could offer. Spend 2 hours waiting on Christmas Eve for replacement replacement cleaner. No show. Have to keep calling Housekeep to see what's going on. They have no idea but just suggest I "skip" the clean! Great idea. So despite booking 3 cleaners with Housekeep to clean before Christmas, no cleaner shows up and I waste 3 hours of Christmas Eve trying to ascertain what's going on but to no avail. Then have to spend 3 hours on Christmas Eve cleaning the house myself because Housekeep is totally unreliable. Thanks for a great Christmas Housekeep!

Generally, Customer Services are very polite but can never resolve anything. They just apologise profusely when your cleaner cancels on you last minute/doesn't show up. Their solution is to offer you a replacement cleaner who can only ever come 6 days after the scheduled date you actually wanted your cleaner to come. Oh and because she's a replacement cleaner, you have to be in the house to let them in so good luck if you have a job and work during the week and were hoping the cleaner could clean whilst you're at work. Pretty useless.

Housekeep is only worth it if you are happy to book a cleaner with a 50:50 chance of showing up, and if God forbid they do show up, it's 50:50 whether you will get a decent clean.

juang156
10/11/18

We've really been able to take so much time back from cleaning by using Housekeep. The cleaners we've had thus far have been punctual and done a great job! Have recommended to friends!

lucyp59
10/10/18

I could publish a book with all the customer emails apologising for poor cleaning or no cleaning at all! Cleaners are variably unreliable, bad at their job, unable to follow simple instructions. Items of small value have disappeared. Housekeep is unable to provide consistent service even after I went out of my way to hold on to the one cleaner who did a halfway decent job. She then failed to turn up twice in a row.

jonathanf118
9/18/18

Have experienced different cleaners each visit and no attempt by Housekeep to provide continuity. In all conscience I could not recommend this company

cb266
7/27/18

Really frustrated with this company.

1) Cleaners that are away for weeks on end and yet no one else is rebooked to come and provide your service.

2) Cleaners that are not professional and will barely touch the place. We had maggots found in a rug in our flat literally hours after a cleaner had been. I've had to ask repeatedly that even basic tasks like hoovering be done in all rooms.

3) Our bathroom sink was damaged and no apology or warning given by the cleaner, we just came home late to find the sink jammed with water in it.

4) Same cleaner does not always come to clean so no guaranteed standard of service.

5) No ability to speak to staff on the phone to deal with these issues, just told everything must be done by email.

gm129
6/12/18

Worst 'Cleaning service' ever. They cancel on last minute and don't even bother sending replacement cleaners. They hang up the phone / don't respond and once even still charged me although knowingly the cleaner hadn't turn up.

Cleaners are being sent long distances across town, so they're always in a rush to finish their job earlier than the time booked and are mostly very inattentive/lazy to really do a great clean. I don't blame the cleaners, even if some of them still try harder than others. I blame housekeep that put up their prices (while not passing on a penny to their housekeepers).

Tip for consumers: AVOID Housekeep, pay less by finding someone private and more reliable

marka385
4/4/18

Easy to use and friendly, professional cleaners. Great customer service team always available and willing to help.

willisb35
4/4/18

I can book in cleans at my convenience and the service is 5 stars. The customer support team are very helpful as well.

lubas
4/4/18

Having a regular cleaner has really made my life easier, she always does a great job and leaves my home wonderfully clean! The Housekeep website is really easy to use, and the staff are extremely helpful. 10/10!

lindseyh51
4/4/18

The housekeeper was experienced and friendly (Housekeep actually meet all of the housekeepres in person too, which is great).
The online booking system makes it really simple to book cleans, reschedule with the same houeskeeper and also leave instructions.

harryp60
4/4/18

Been using Housekeep for almost a year now. Our cleaner is personable, reliable and very capable! Whenever she's away we can secure a cover cleaner thru the account too which is pretty helpful!

Tip for consumers: Go for it - easy booking, good communication

kritia3
4/3/18

Love coming home to a sparkling house. Our housekeeper has become a part of the family and we look forward to her visits every week. Very impressed with Housekeep's customer service as well which provides quick and helpful solutions.

lisap281
4/1/18

What a service! Simple to use and manage your cleans, and my cleaner is brilliant! Love coming home after she has been - so clean and tidy!

dih8
3/31/18

I have a regular cleaner every two weeks and they are great! I have recommended Housekeep to many of my friends because it is so easy to book. When our cleaner went on holiday for a couple of weeks at Christmas Housekeep arranged a cover cleaner for us so that I still had a clean as usual.

avinr2
3/29/18

Super experience over a few years when some terrific cleaners. Id highly recommend Housekeep to customers and cleaners.

sarikar
1/27/18

Having used Housekeep now for a couple of years, I couldn't recommend the company any more. The customer service is excellent, and I love the cleaners I have had. Housekeep makes having a clean, tidy house very easy, all of the click of a button!

freyag
1/24/18

The online account is quick and easy to use and every cleaner has left my flat spotless. Definitely recommend!

nidiah2
1/23/18

I have used Housekeep on numerous occasions and have always had a great clean. The housekeepers are fantastic and also excellent customer service

garethl3
1/23/18

My flat gets turned into a shining hotel room every other week, so that part of it is going very well. I'm not quite sure how my cleaner does it, but I thank her.

First cleaner left after 6 months, but they found me a new one within two weeks so everything just carried on as usual.

ruthp47
1/19/18

Love Housekeep. Really easy to book online and all the cleaners I have booked with have been amazing

avinr1
1/19/18

Great cleaners and responsive customer service. Would highly recommend if you're looking for a cleaner in London.

lp84
1/17/18

I have had only a good experience with Housekeep and their cleaners since I set up my account. Anamaria comes every week and she does a fab job. Even when she went on holiday, I could pick a different cleaner who helped me get my home ready for guests.
Thank you!

Tip for consumers: You can add notes for your cleaner on your account which they will get before they come. You can also miss a week or change the day if you need to in your account, no need to ask Housekeep to do it for you.

liamd26
1/17/18

Ive used a few of these services now and housekeep is the best by far. My cleaner is amazing & the website is really easy to use

mindaugasz
12/22/17

Booked a cleaner for once a two weeks but my first booking has been canceled as cleaner was not able to show up. Rebooked another one for enxt day as one of.. as well no one show up or bother to inform me. so 2 days was literally sitting and waiting for someone to show up but been just fooled. Do not waist time on this website! cleaner cost 25£ for 2 hours + extras but in this price you can get a proper cleaner somewhere else for sure!!!

Questions? Get answers from the HouseKeep staff and other customers.

HouseKeep?