Review of HouseFabric

St. Louis, MO 63144, US
info@housefabric.com

melissah31
2/17/16

I was looking for fabric to make black out shades for our bedroom. I found the Cobbler Way Blackout which was $37.50 a yard. After I received the fabric and dove into my project more I needed more fabric. When I went to re-order I was told that the fabric was out now. OMG I thought but luckily I was informed there may be another fabric (Tonga Ebony) that is similar enough to what I previously ordered and it was only $12.95 a yard. When I received the new fabric it was EXACTLY the same as the $37.50 fabric. Had I seen the same fabric before when I originally bought I certainly would have gone for the less expensive option. The less expensive fabric did not show up in my search. I emailed and called to see if they would be willing to adjust the first order to a more reasonable price. No such luck, I was "lucky" that I was able to get the same fabric. This company has marginal customer service at best. I will not be shopping with them again. There are too many other online fabric stores that allow for returns and customer satisfaction is a priority.

katiec23
11/20/14

Beware of knock off fabrics.

I recently ordered the Schumacher Imperial Trellis fabric which they offered at a great price. Well, it was too good to be true. It was not authentic Schumacher Imperial Trellis fabric. They gave me a refund, although I had to pay for the return shipping. I asked them to remove the fabric from their site but see that they are still selling it! I have bought lots of the authentic Schumacher Imperial Trellis so I could compare the 2 prints side by side and there was a difference in the pattern.

Prior to that I have bought a lot of fabric from them but they lost my business after selling illegitimate fabrics and not admitting to their fraudulent products by removing them.

tl42
6/26/13

Terrible experience, I ordered fabric listed at one price and they sent me an email saying the listing was a "mistake" and that the yardage that I ordered would be 5 times more that the price on the website. I of course said no thanks and then they sent a nasty, unprofessional email because I didn't want the fabric at thr higher price! Needless to say I never received anything I had ordered from them and they eventually refunded the money back to my card. They customer service sounds like a person sitting in their kitchen, just fielding calls.

Questions? Get answers from the HouseFabric staff and other customers.

HouseFabric?