The Hourglass Connection reviews

Tel: 1-888-777-7027
david@hourglasses.com

johns2570
1/11/18

I ordered the wicked witch hourglass from The Wizard of Oz and it is amazing!!! The level of detail and quality is superb. Yes, it did take a bit of time to receive but it was worth the wait! The glass was mouth blown by a glass blower here in the USA. The frame was handmade by David in his workshop and it is a perfect replica! I couldn't be happier!!!

nikkib45
8/24/16

I called before I ordered David is very nice, and willing to work with a schedule. I needed my hourglass within two weeks of my wedding and David had it to me withing a week. Thank you for great service and fast shipping

davidc336
3/18/16

I am a bit confounded by the negative reviews. I have now ordered a total of 3 hourglasses from Mr. Hood, the first being as far back as 6 years ago. Never once have I had a negative experience. My emails have been promptly answered, and also he has answered the phone when I have called. I have been VERY pleased with each purchase. Yes, you may have to wait a few weeks for your hourglass, but I have no issue with this. I would rather wait on a quality product than have something hastily slapped together.
I will continue to order from The Hourglass Connection because in my opinion, there is no other place I would rather buy one.

samuelm66
1/16/16

9/15/15 I ordered an hourglass from the site, 10/16/15 I called to see if there was a problem with the order as I hadn't heard anything; I was informed that it was difficult to get the raw materials for the hourglass, and that it would be shipped as soon as able.

11/21/15 I called to inquire on the order status, and was informed that the glass for the hourglasses was going though customs and expected in 2 weeks. Since the hourglasses are a specialty item and not a mass produced trinket from China, it sounded reasonable. I could imagine the craftsman in his shop making them...

By January 2016 I realized that my bank wouldn't be able to "charge back" the transaction as they have a 60day limit to dispute transactions, and PayPal wasn't interested either due to the time lapse. So now it has become a household joke as to when the hourglass will arrive. $150 gone, but at least I learned about Sitejabber to prevent future episodes. Slightly more expensive than an average mugging, but not nearly as riveting as a story.

rs102
1/8/16

Called in Feb 2015, he told me it would be several months since he was getting caught up on Christmas orders. Numerous email exchanges with him telling me it's about to ship and now it's January 2016. 11 months and no hourglass!! I've asked for a refund, not expecting it. 0 stars. Gave it 1 since I had to pick one.

laduskyew
10/6/15

Order placed 1st of July, gift for my husband's birthday. It is now October, and still no hour glass. I have called several times, and been given different excuses, first the wood, then the glass, no apologies, nor any communication from his end. Very shady!!! The only reason I gave one star rating is it would not let me submit without any.

karid7
8/31/15

In May I ordered an hourglass kit from the Hourglass Connection website. Since my daughter's wedding is in November, I figured I had plenty of time to receive the order. I paid with Paypal and other than the email confirmation from Paypal, I had no other record of my order. After 3 weeks, I emailed the owner and he responded promptly asking me to call him and included his phone number. I called him and he said that he was having trouble getting the size hourglass I wanted. (Apparently, they are made from incandescent light bulb blanks and the new light bulb regulations are making some sizes hard to find.) He said if he couldn't get the size I ordered that he would give me the next bigger size for the same price. I felt good about this communication with him. On Aug. 3, I emailed him to check the progress of my order and heard nothing for 2 weeks. Then I found the 2 very negative and almost identical reviews here. That got me VERY worried since it seemed that I was having the same experience. So I called him and left a voicemail. Later the same day I went to Paypal and began the process of dispute resolution. I probably should have given him more time to answer my voicemail, but I panicked thinking that my $110 was gone and worse, my daughter wouldn't have the hourglass she wanted for her wedding. Later that day he called me back. I explained that I really needed to get the hourglass as soon as possible. He said that he would mail it the next day. He did mail it to me as he said he would and I received it in less than a week. I'm not sure if contacting Paypal helped light a fire under him or if he would have responded just as quickly if I had not started the dispute process. However, We did receive the hourglass we ordered and I am glad about that.

ilonay
7/3/15

Whatever you do - do NOT buy from this place. I had the exact same experience as Anthony S. Every time I called the owner told me my order was just about ready to be sent out. He told me I'd have the hourglass in December 2014. It's now July of 2015. It's not going to come, I don't get money back from paypal because it's more than 3 months since I made the payment. Very annoying

anthonys11
3/30/11

On 1/11/2011 I purchased an hour glass using PayPal at the Hourglass Connection or hourglasses.com as of to date 3/30/11 I have never received the product. I sent numerous e-mails to David Hood the proprietor and he always had an excuse E-mail not working waiting for parts, etc. I complained to PayPal on 3/20/11and told them I never received the product I was told that they could do nothing because it was over 45 days since the transaction. So in the end I sent this guy money and never received the product. Which is thievery.

Questions? Get answers from the The Hourglass Connection staff and other customers.

The Hourglass Connection?