Review of Hoover

Hoover reviews

Tel: 1.800.944.9200

roseleal
9/26/18

I have purchased and used, over the past 20+ years, 3 Hoover carpet cleaners. Every one of them had similar problems. Either they quit spraying water or they stop sucking the water out of the carpet. I have called Hoover several times, asking for a resolution and all they ever say is take it to a repair shop in your area. Well, guess what?? No one in this area services them and one company even told me they don't mess with "junk" cleaners like Hoover. So now, my third cleaner is sitting in a storage unit while I hope to find someone to fix the problem. Might as well junk them for what they are-JUNK!! I will never buy another Hoover again-vacuum cleaner or carpet cleaner. I bought a new RugDoctor and what a difference!!

luannep
2/13/18

Bought a Hoover Windtunnel 15 months ago. Shortly after I purchsed the bracket/clip that holds on the wand tool snapped off when I was putting the want back on. We just lived with that a while and actually Velcroed it in place so it wouldn't fall off when I vacuumed. A few weeks ago the on/off pedal for the brush gave out. So, I took it to an authorized dealer for repair under warranty. They fixed the pedal but said that HOOVER would not replace the bracket/clip. I didn't understand that because my vacuum is still under warranty. They gave me the Warranty Dept. phone number and I called. Warranty told me they do not speak with consumers and transferred me to the Customer Service line. Note, it is normal to sit on hold at least 20 min. when calling Hoover customer service. I spoke with a rep and she danced around the warranty issue. She put me on hold at least 3 times during the conversation with several excuses. "I can't find a claim", so I called the dealer and got her the claim number. Then, "well, that's not covered on warranty", I then said the warranty states everything is covered under normal use. She then put me on hold again and I waited at least another 15 min. (somehow I feel she thought I'd just hang up) She came back on and said she was trying to contact the warranty department to see if they would approve a vacuum replacement (puzzling, I just want the snapped off piece/housing replaced) She said she would call me back when she spoke to them.

So, the consumer suffers because of a flawed Hoover design. A piece snaps off, but that's not covered because WHY - my warranty is still in effect (for the next 4 year in fact), but Hoover will not stand behind their product or warranty. So, what's the point of a warranty that states ..."your HOOVER product is warranted against original defects in material and workmanship for a full five years from date of purchase"..."Hoover will provide labor and parts, at no cost to you, to CORRECT any such defect in product purchased in the United States"....LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!

They just called me back and are telling me that it is not covered. "the warranty only covers mechanical issues". I tell her that nothing in the warranty says that and read her the warranty. She actually agrees with me but says the Warranty Department won't cover it. Now I'm holding for a manager. Oh......rep back on the phone, no manager available, but, she'll put me in voicemail - REALLY!!!! So, just left a message telling her I would like my warranty honored. We'll see what she tells me if she calls be back.

Bottom-line, DON'T BUY HOOVER unless you want to be tortured and given the run-a-round. They will not stand behind their product.

Questions? Get answers from the Hoover staff and other customers.

Hoover?