Holidaycottages.co.uk

Holidaycottages.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 star from 4 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Holidaycottages.co.uk also ranks 68th among Vacation Rentals sites. The most common issues with Holidaycottages.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Holidaycottages.co.uk?

“How to profit from Coronavirus”

Nick G.
5/29/20

As others have clearly found cancelling a holiday (which it is impossible to take) is an expensive business with these people. To cut a long story short we have had to cancel and cannot re-book because the cottage we want is not available next year but nevertheless they seem to feel entitled to keep our deposit and to add insult to injury to ignore emails and phone calls (in the unlikely event you can get through) I shall start small claims court proceedings and suggest others do the same. Disgusted.

nickg395
May 29th, 2020

Tip for consumers: Don't unless you like being robbed

paull791
April 13th, 2020
They cancelled holiday due to covid 19. Dead phone line, 2wks later got a call asking to rebook. Three families, hard to get a date plus £300 more for same date next year. Wont give a refund, only offer 20% of £800 cost. Shameful company response using customer money as cash flow. Don't book with these.
beths494
April 13th, 2020
I have had a terrible time with these people. When the COVID 19 crisis first came up, I contacted them proactively to reschedule for next year. My original booking was for May 16-23. I got numerous form-letter type emails that looked like they hadn't even bothered to read what I wrote. When they finally contacted me to tell me they would rebook for next year, the price increase was £220, which is a 27% increase. This is downright extortion. I can't believe a company can stay in business this way. I felt I had no choice but to pay the additional money, or lose the money I had already paid them. Profiting from a crisis is absolutely SHAMEFUL. The increase in the price hit me very hard in the pocket book. I am a single senior citizen, and have never been treated so poorly. I will not be booking with these people again, even though I holiday in Scotland frequently. Ref: 1476333
gordonc76
August 10th, 2019
My family and I arrived at Scarah Cottage at 4pm on 2nd Aug 2019, we left at 4:25pm.
As we drove up the drive to the cottage we were impressed and keen to settle in for the week - from the outside it looks magnificent.
To describe the awful condition of the inside of the cottage in words would take too long.
I have attached some of the photographs that we took, showing mould in the shower and the fridge, dirt in the bathrooms, the table in the bathroom along with the dirt in the corner of the bath, the cover hanging off the boiler and the filthy Ironing board, If you don't have time to check out all of he photographs, just look at the Bedside Lamp to understand why we decided to return home within 25 minutes of arriving at Scarah Cottage.
The cottage is described on the holidaycottages.co.uk website as 5star Luxury.
The Cottage owner states that he feels these could have been rectified at the time'
Holidaycottages.co.uk visited the cottage and stated In light of your comments our property manager Jessica has visited the property and once the issues you have raised are addressed it will still meet the criteria of a 5 star luxury property.'
5star properties should not require any rectification when the guest arrives, and NO property (irrespective of grade) should require this magnitude of rectification just to make it a clean, safe environment for families to stay.
We paid over £1900 to stay there for the week expecting it to be as it was depicted on the website, it was not.
Holidaycottages.co.uk and the Owner have refused to refund any of the cost of our holiday.

They advertised Scarah Cottage in Ripley north Yorkshire as a 5star Luxury property. When we arrived for a week long holiday the interior was so substandard we decided to leave within 25 minutes

By Gordon C.

Very easy, but they are very poor at replying to concerns - they still haven't supplied a copy of their complaints procedure and despite confirming in writing that the property that we rented was substandard when we arrive they have refused to offer any compensation

By Gordon C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Holidaycottages.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holidaycottages.co.uk?

Have a question about Holidaycottages.co.uk?