Review of HGTV

Tel: +1-212-549-8589
privacy@hgtv.com

robbinr9
5/6/19

I love the show. I could watch it all day long everyday. But one thing that bothers me a chicken coop and a chicken nest are two different things. Joanna keeps hanging up chicken nests on the wall calling it a chicken coop which is basically what chickens live in not what they lay their eggs in!

markl738
5/5/19

Okay, let's start with the obvious, hours and hours of the same show sometimes days and days of the same show. Most notably would be fixer upper, is there ever a day when it's not on for at least 6 hours? Their latest entries Windy City, and Restored by the Fords are entirely different but unwatchable in the same sense. We need a tranquilizer after watching Windy City's Alison Victoria constantly spin of control, have temper tantrums, cry and talk down to and disrespect her partner and makes horrible, repetitive design choices. Restored by the Fords where do you start with this one? Again the most obvious, she does not restore anything she destroys everything she touches. Leanne like Alison talks down and disrespects her male co-host which happens to be her Stoner brother and makes repetitive horrible design decisions and seems to be very arrogant about it. The last episode that we watched was the show she where destroyed a beautiful, intact Edwardian home . We actually yelled out, "no!" at the TV in the beginning when she walked up to it and then watched the horror unfold. Is she color blind? Does she not own a hairbrush or sleep? Can't understand a single word her brother says and he couldn't be any less unwatchable.
Hometown seems to be the sweetest and most creative and less dramatic show they have. We were concerned in the beginning because it was created by the Fixer-Upper folks. But it has definitely come into its own and I'm sure they get a lot of notes of things that Joanna didn't approve of like a lesbian couple God forbid.
Their decision to turn DIY into the Magnolia channel is mind-boggling. We understand that they are trying to make money off of the Christians base that watched, still watch over and over, fixer upper but it's pretty blatant and extremely concerning what they're trying to pull off here. Don't look for any diversity on the Magnolia Channel folks!
Our home goes away back with HGTV. Does anyone remember Carol Duvall? Does anybody remember when this Channel actually showed you how to do things except flip a house for money? We hardly have HGTV on anymore and it used to be on all the time. We did watch DIY more, but with that turning into Magnolia that will definitely not be on our TV any longer.
Goodbye to another two channels you can join the ranks of the Travel Channel, the Discovery Channel and all those shows that used to be interesting.

catherineg120
4/30/19

What happened to Home Town? I love their show! I've noticed that they are no longer showing the show on Monday nights. Has the show moved to a new time/date or are they off the air. I hope they come back. Miss Ben and Erin!

shelleyk21
4/29/19

Don't like this show. Her stuff is ugly and just hordes of stuff on the walls. Also agree with too much love it or list it. Love property brothers, dessert flippers.

richardg601
4/29/19

How dare this fraud be allowed to be advertised. This is not Vancouver and should not be allowed to mislead viewers. The host of the series failed as a designer in Vancouver and now misleads viewers that they can purchase large sized homes for values that are fraudulent or at minimum misleading. How does HGTV allow a lie to be displayed. As a person from Vancouver I'm offended by this misleading show

jo109
4/28/19

My family cannot believe she got her own design show. If it isn't gray and white shaker cabinets, she wont know what to do. There are a lot better designers on other flip or flop shows as well as desert flippers

melh59
4/28/19

Beautiful ideas, thoughtful touches, and lots of love for their community. I appreciate their inclusion of the entire community and love for their town.

georges551
4/27/19

We usually like HGTV programs, however we were sickened by this one and had to turn it off. It's a perverted version of Love it or List It. The host explains that it's about a plural family. That's a code word for polygamy. Should Dad have a master suite, where a different breeder sleeps with him every night,or should each breeder have a master suite that he visits each night? They already had 25 kids. Get that guy a vasectomy,please! Be ashamed HGTV. SICK STUFF!

marym1308
4/25/19

I was shocked to find this on HGTV! Hell no!!!!!!This garbage does not belong on HGTV. Send this smut to TLC!

nikkij64
4/22/19

All renovations are fake put real shows on and stop having people act on your liking give the actors\customers the furniture you guys stage the house with it's all a rouge Fake fake fake we want reality Real shows without you guys giving them a questioner about there life and to see if they are as fake as you guys Fake

lucillek3
4/18/19

Enough of Fixer Upper!!!! This show is one all the time along with Love it or List it!!! BORING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

patriciar355
4/7/19

Does this show really have to be a constant rerun day, afternoon & night? There are so many other much better shows. You could play a variety please.

jerredb
4/1/19

I am so glad that HGTV is a show because it is all I watch. My favorite ones are Fixer Upper, Love It Or List It, Property Brothers, House Hunters and Boise Boys. But my favorite it Gixer Upper and I am not happy of how they quit the show so they can have time to there family. They are both funny and I wish they could come back on HGTV.

spencerc34
3/30/19

This show should be canceled! Ben and Erin are boring as are their designs! They are not in the same league with your other design teams! Please replace ASAP!

pjm19
3/10/19

Please stop showing Love it or List it reruns!!! This show was horrible when it was on the 1st time!!

susanm935
3/2/19

I check in every few months to see if things have changed. Nope. Fixer Upper is on for hours and hours. Talk about running something into the ground. You have successfully accomplished that.

tanyab109
2/28/19

What is up with property brothers being on hour after hour after hour day In Day out I use to love this channel has this channel become like the Twigh Light Zone on Thanksgiving Horrible!

tomr328
2/26/19

Home Town and other shows should treat EVERYONE EQUAL , How dare these so called Christians write and say there all done watching because of the gay guys episode. They should be slapped. Keep on being open to everyone HGTV Tom Roy ( NH )

cyndic24
2/24/19

Disappointed in this weeks Home Town show. I thought that Ben & Erin stood on Christian principals. What kind of witness is choosing a gay couple for your show? To me it says, we condone your lifestyle choice. Is there not 1 show left on TV that doesn't throw this lifestyle choice in our face to try make it seem normal?
Again, I liked the show. But if the Home Town couple decide to cave to the wordly values. I won't be following. I am sorry that I had told a couple of my friends they needed to tune in the weekend before this show aired.

suzym28
2/22/19

So disappointed with last week. I watch this with my kids... no more. I will have at least one more hour open on Monday nights.

lindap549
2/21/19

So sorry to see that Hometown has caved in to a guy couple - will probably not watch again - taking a stand for family morality goes a long way - I never seen it on fixer upper - they stayed strong to their faith!

mimic31
2/10/19

Home Town is my favorite renovation show on HGTV. Ben and Erin have great chemistry and are fun to watch. It a refreshing show compared to all the Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, etc. These are people that truly care about their community and restoring the beautiful historic homes. I love Erin's artistic water color renditions she gives each family -she's an artist afterall! She and Ben have great ideas for repurposing and the houses turn out gorgeous!!! Such a pleasure to watch and would have them renovate a house for me in a heart beat.

pauls1102
2/2/19

The hosts are charming, however the quality of work seems very poor. Especially the painting over of unprepped damaged materials and paint stains everywhere including glass when repainting windows. That's personally annoying as it seems like there is no $#*!s given as a child could paint with more due diligence. Not to mention the use of hideous antiques that have no charm and the personally created furniture pieces are also severely lacking in quality workmanship. Basically the finished products look generally unappealing despite the charisma of the hosts. I enjoy watching them, but some of the work is cringeworthy.

shelleye13
1/31/19

I'm an avid watcher of your network, but this show's host is so phoney baloney that practically nothing he utters sounds authentic. And his new promo campaign is so over the top I switch the channel as soon as I see one of these stupid commercials. Doesn't anyone there edit or direct him? Or does he have such an avid following that he continues to get away with this? I finally had to write this review because I just couldn't stand watching him anymore. Someone needs to tell him not to be so arrogant.....

gertrudem17
1/21/19

My overall rating would be a five but so many episodes and days Fixer Up has moved from your channel. Fixer up show is okay, but if a person is watching HGTV all day, they do not want to this show all day!

There are SO many commercials for Hometown ( more than 6 per hour), I won't be watching it because I am sick of the couple posing and posing. So many commercials mean something is wrong with the show. HELP PLEASE!

By Burt T.

Hopefully never!!

By Lance C.

I agree! Landscapes, gardening...something that blends in vegetation to give a nice break from home remodels.

By Michele R.

I don't find him a bit strange. I actually like him and enjoy his Lottery show.

By Patricia R.

Best guess is that the regular house flips don't draw either as many of the folks HGTV wants or that the folks watching aren't the demographic they're seeking. There are plenty of these kinds of shows on other networks e.g. any of the Flip and Move shows, Zombie House Flipping, and others.

By Robert W.

I look forward to all the renovation shows. I like that they are in different towns all over the United States

By Patricia R.

I so agree! Im know this isnt an answer but I turn off HGTV to get away from that show and commercial!

By Lance C.

It is the worst show ever!!!

By Lance C.

I agree entirely with you. The show got bring by 2016. Viewers always know the outcome:1. Hilary does not budget for rewiring electrical in homes known to have knob and tube wiring because of when built. 2. Hilary never budgets for asbestos removal 3. Hilary always acts surprised when the couple is dissatisfied when Hilary does not choose to fix their #1 priority problem. 4 Hilary decides what a couple needs rather than what the couple wants. Too much of the same old drama is boring. David is always on the Mark. Lastly the total profit on selling a home DOES NOT include the $30,000 reno the family gave Hilary to remodel.

By Burt T.

Questions? Get answers from the HGTV staff and other customers.

2 Photos for HGTV