Review of HGTV

Tel: +1-212-549-8589
privacy@hgtv.com

pjm19
3/10/19

Please stop showing Love it or List it reruns!!! This show was horrible when it was on the 1st time!!

susanm935
3/2/19

I check in every few months to see if things have changed. Nope. Fixer Upper is on for hours and hours. Talk about running something into the ground. You have successfully accomplished that.

tanyab109
2/28/19

What is up with property brothers being on hour after hour after hour day In Day out I use to love this channel has this channel become like the Twigh Light Zone on Thanksgiving Horrible!

tomr328
2/26/19

Home Town and other shows should treat EVERYONE EQUAL , How dare these so called Christians write and say there all done watching because of the gay guys episode. They should be slapped. Keep on being open to everyone HGTV Tom Roy ( NH )

cyndic24
2/24/19

Disappointed in this weeks Home Town show. I thought that Ben & Erin stood on Christian principals. What kind of witness is choosing a gay couple for your show? To me it says, we condone your lifestyle choice. Is there not 1 show left on TV that doesn't throw this lifestyle choice in our face to try make it seem normal?
Again, I liked the show. But if the Home Town couple decide to cave to the wordly values. I won't be following. I am sorry that I had told a couple of my friends they needed to tune in the weekend before this show aired.

suzym28
2/22/19

So disappointed with last week. I watch this with my kids... no more. I will have at least one more hour open on Monday nights.

lindap549
2/21/19

So sorry to see that Hometown has caved in to a guy couple - will probably not watch again - taking a stand for family morality goes a long way - I never seen it on fixer upper - they stayed strong to their faith!

mimic31
2/10/19

Home Town is my favorite renovation show on HGTV. Ben and Erin have great chemistry and are fun to watch. It a refreshing show compared to all the Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, etc. These are people that truly care about their community and restoring the beautiful historic homes. I love Erin's artistic water color renditions she gives each family -she's an artist afterall! She and Ben have great ideas for repurposing and the houses turn out gorgeous!!! Such a pleasure to watch and would have them renovate a house for me in a heart beat.

pauls1102
2/2/19

The hosts are charming, however the quality of work seems very poor. Especially the painting over of unprepped damaged materials and paint stains everywhere including glass when repainting windows. That's personally annoying as it seems like there is no $#*!s given as a child could paint with more due diligence. Not to mention the use of hideous antiques that have no charm and the personally created furniture pieces are also severely lacking in quality workmanship. Basically the finished products look generally unappealing despite the charisma of the hosts. I enjoy watching them, but some of the work is cringeworthy.

shelleye13
1/31/19

I'm an avid watcher of your network, but this show's host is so phoney baloney that practically nothing he utters sounds authentic. And his new promo campaign is so over the top I switch the channel as soon as I see one of these stupid commercials. Doesn't anyone there edit or direct him? Or does he have such an avid following that he continues to get away with this? I finally had to write this review because I just couldn't stand watching him anymore. Someone needs to tell him not to be so arrogant.....

gertrudem17
1/21/19

My overall rating would be a five but so many episodes and days Fixer Up has moved from your channel. Fixer up show is okay, but if a person is watching HGTV all day, they do not want to this show all day!

dalea13
12/7/18

Always loved this show until this episode. When they chopped the length of the front porch to save a few bucks then made 74k over their projected 100k profit.... That is just greedy. What a huge disappointment, no longer a fan. They need to do the right thing and go back build the porch as originally designed. Shame on Ken and Anita.

dianew213
11/21/18

SHAME ON YOU. HGTV. I watch your shows all the time, one of my favourite channels. I was so DISGUSTED and DISAPPOINTED today watching HOME TOWN today. Watching season 2 episode 2 and in this day and age hearing as the boys were talking about making a large dining room table that the younger brother used the N word. I actually rewound the show as I could not believe my ears. I will now have to rethink if I can continue to watch any more programs which is sad as I love all the shows.

missyj72
10/28/18

For years HGTV was my absolute favorite channel, now I can't/won't even watch it! I do love Home Town, which is never on, but, I am so tired of Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters and all of the stupid flipping shows!!! I love Joanne and Chip, but enough is enough! I miss the days of Decorating Cents, Room By Room, etc! HGTV please listen to your old viewers and get back to your roots!!!

debbieb314
10/9/18

This his show is awful! I can't believe Christinia gets her hair professionally done for filming the show...she is such a fake! She's more interested in her looks than anything else! This show should have been cancelled. Their divorced banter is exhausting!

dennisp150
9/5/18

Stop referencing Palm Springs as none of the flips are located there but obviously down valley, very misleading. The couple have no chemistry and stop planting grass when grass in the desert has been out of vogue for several years.

carolb451
8/25/18

HGTV promotes how the shows are about family and good feels, while promoting the divorce drama on Flip or Flop and encouraging them to be snarky toward each other. And shame on Tarek and Christina for going along with it. Just tacky.

cindyr161
8/20/18

I think new commercial of Drew in the bathtub does not make this a family channel. I'm a true fan of HGTV but commercial is distasteful.

gibbersk
8/4/18

Rarely watch, now. What I became bothered by is the hours and hours of the same show, which actually may be a cable provider issue. So even if I was a fan of Fixer Upper or House Hunters or tolerated Property Brothers, the fact that any show is on for hours on end meant that I would eventually tire of it. Even the beloved Sarah, Candace. I like variety. If I dislike a show (Love It or List It, Flip or Flop, or those shows about the private lives of the Property Brothers) then I don't watch HGTV for hours and hours. Easily skip a day or two (especially since I work). I'm not a binge-watcher anyway but if it's pouring buckets outside on a Sunday afternoon, I used to enjoy having HGTV on while I did "x" around the house. Lastly, I'm not much into gardening but what happened to the "G" in HGTV? Again, "variety" is what draws and keeps me.

susang396
8/3/18

Why can Tarek and Christina completely gut and create unbelievable space for under 100,000$ but Hilary can barely do anything with same amount? I don't get it....

tedg50
7/27/18

I think it is time for Tarek and Christina to retire. The new series is highly scripted, a night time soap opera. With Tarek eye rolling, heavy sighs and token one backsplash tile or shower tile. Then the designer model showing up in glitter to work on a house.
Neither believable nor entertaining

debrah169
7/27/18

I love Terek and Christina needs to keep her boyfriends out of the show. Give Terek some respect. Christina rolling her eyes is not adult like.

roseh104
7/6/18

I know what it is like to flip houses, and work hard at it. Why do you keep airing shows like Flip or Flop??? o.k. I understand divorce and all, but really??
You don't flip a house in painted nails and jewelry. You don't flip a house complaining about conditions anytime!!! You put up with the good and the bad!
They should act like professionals! PLEASE PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE SHOW!!! YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF HAVING THEM ON T.V. CONTINUALLY!

bennyk6
7/5/18

I Love flip or flop.
I love Town home.
I love fixer upper except old decor.
I love property brothers except wall papers.
I don't like Music city fix, Kourtney's choices of color is ugly, looks like daycare, sometimes too dark.

shirleyd84
6/27/18

Enough already! If you show one more perky, sexy blond whose talent seems to be choosing tile I personally will throw a wrench through my T.V. screen. On second thought, I've done it one better -- I've simply stopped watching HGTV. Take a page from BBC "Grand Designs" and bring on a show that inspires co-operation between architect/builder and owners with vision in the first place!

There are SO many commercials for Hometown ( more than 6 per hour), I won't be watching it because I am sick of the couple posing and posing. So many commercials mean something is wrong with the show. HELP PLEASE!

By Burt T.

Hopefully never!!

By Lance C.

I agree! Landscapes, gardening...something that blends in vegetation to give a nice break from home remodels.

By Michele R.

Best guess is that the regular house flips don't draw either as many of the folks HGTV wants or that the folks watching aren't the demographic they're seeking. There are plenty of these kinds of shows on other networks e.g. any of the Flip and Move shows, Zombie House Flipping, and others.

By Robert W.

I so agree! Im know this isnt an answer but I turn off HGTV to get away from that show and commercial!

By Lance C.

It is the worst show ever!!!

By Lance C.

I agree entirely with you. The show got bring by 2016. Viewers always know the outcome:1. Hilary does not budget for rewiring electrical in homes known to have knob and tube wiring because of when built. 2. Hilary never budgets for asbestos removal 3. Hilary always acts surprised when the couple is dissatisfied when Hilary does not choose to fix their #1 priority problem. 4 Hilary decides what a couple needs rather than what the couple wants. Too much of the same old drama is boring. David is always on the Mark. Lastly the total profit on selling a home DOES NOT include the $30,000 reno the family gave Hilary to remodel.

By Burt T.

Questions? Get answers from the HGTV staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HGTV