Review of HGTV

Tel: +1-212-549-8589
privacy@hgtv.com

dalea13
12/7/18

Always loved this show until this episode. When they chopped the length of the front porch to save a few bucks then made 74k over their projected 100k profit.... That is just greedy. What a huge disappointment, no longer a fan. They need to do the right thing and go back build the porch as originally designed. Shame on Ken and Anita.

dianew213
11/21/18

SHAME ON YOU. HGTV. I watch your shows all the time, one of my favourite channels. I was so DISGUSTED and DISAPPOINTED today watching HOME TOWN today. Watching season 2 episode 2 and in this day and age hearing as the boys were talking about making a large dining room table that the younger brother used the N word. I actually rewound the show as I could not believe my ears. I will now have to rethink if I can continue to watch any more programs which is sad as I love all the shows.

missyj72
10/28/18

For years HGTV was my absolute favorite channel, now I can't/won't even watch it! I do love Home Town, which is never on, but, I am so tired of Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters and all of the stupid flipping shows!!! I love Joanne and Chip, but enough is enough! I miss the days of Decorating Cents, Room By Room, etc! HGTV please listen to your old viewers and get back to your roots!!!

debbieb314
10/9/18

This his show is awful! I can't believe Christinia gets her hair professionally done for filming the show...she is such a fake! She's more interested in her looks than anything else! This show should have been cancelled. Their divorced banter is exhausting!

dennisp150
9/5/18

Stop referencing Palm Springs as none of the flips are located there but obviously down valley, very misleading. The couple have no chemistry and stop planting grass when grass in the desert has been out of vogue for several years.

carolb451
8/25/18

HGTV promotes how the shows are about family and good feels, while promoting the divorce drama on Flip or Flop and encouraging them to be snarky toward each other. And shame on Tarek and Christina for going along with it. Just tacky.

cindyr161
8/20/18

I think new commercial of Drew in the bathtub does not make this a family channel. I'm a true fan of HGTV but commercial is distasteful.

gibbersk
8/4/18

Rarely watch, now. What I became bothered by is the hours and hours of the same show, which actually may be a cable provider issue. So even if I was a fan of Fixer Upper or House Hunters or tolerated Property Brothers, the fact that any show is on for hours on end meant that I would eventually tire of it. Even the beloved Sarah, Candace. I like variety. If I dislike a show (Love It or List It, Flip or Flop, or those shows about the private lives of the Property Brothers) then I don't watch HGTV for hours and hours. Easily skip a day or two (especially since I work). I'm not a binge-watcher anyway but if it's pouring buckets outside on a Sunday afternoon, I used to enjoy having HGTV on while I did "x" around the house. Lastly, I'm not much into gardening but what happened to the "G" in HGTV? Again, "variety" is what draws and keeps me.

susang396
8/3/18

Why can Tarek and Christina completely gut and create unbelievable space for under 100,000$ but Hilary can barely do anything with same amount? I don't get it....

tedg50
7/27/18

I think it is time for Tarek and Christina to retire. The new series is highly scripted, a night time soap opera. With Tarek eye rolling, heavy sighs and token one backsplash tile or shower tile. Then the designer model showing up in glitter to work on a house.
Neither believable nor entertaining

debrah169
7/27/18

I love Terek and Christina needs to keep her boyfriends out of the show. Give Terek some respect. Christina rolling her eyes is not adult like.

roseh104
7/6/18

I know what it is like to flip houses, and work hard at it. Why do you keep airing shows like Flip or Flop??? o.k. I understand divorce and all, but really??
You don't flip a house in painted nails and jewelry. You don't flip a house complaining about conditions anytime!!! You put up with the good and the bad!
They should act like professionals! PLEASE PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE SHOW!!! YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF HAVING THEM ON T.V. CONTINUALLY!

bennyk6
7/5/18

I Love flip or flop.
I love Town home.
I love fixer upper except old decor.
I love property brothers except wall papers.
I don't like Music city fix, Kourtney's choices of color is ugly, looks like daycare, sometimes too dark.

shirleyd84
6/27/18

Enough already! If you show one more perky, sexy blond whose talent seems to be choosing tile I personally will throw a wrench through my T.V. screen. On second thought, I've done it one better -- I've simply stopped watching HGTV. Take a page from BBC "Grand Designs" and bring on a show that inspires co-operation between architect/builder and owners with vision in the first place!

jackiej65
6/24/18

Flip or Flop with Tarek & Christina could have continued success if the divorce drama was removed from the script. Viewers do not care or need to know who is dating who and if one is jealous of the other. Christina's rolling eyes is immature and unprofessional. I'm glad to see that Tarek is taking the lead and making decisions and most importantly not letting Christina walk all over him. It's really nice to see her not always getting her way.
If Christina can't grow up than perhaps HGTV write her out of the show and let Tarek get back to basics teaching viewers what to do and not do when flipping homes. He has a lot to offer without the soap opera drama.

carlah76
6/12/18

Either tell them to act like professionals or take the show off. If I want to see foolishness I turn on a stupid reality show. Let me define professional:
1. They decide to assess a property.
2. They decide whether to buy based on probable profit.
3. They decide on the renovation and design.
4. They complete the renovation.
I don't give a rippity dip about their conflicted personal life. That's not why people watch HGTV.

luzv6
6/10/18

You dont have no more garden,curve appel,doing back yards, so
Name the shows realitys shows kissing,hogging,and bathing, it be come a realitys shows never new that kissing,hugging,bathing,is gardening doing back yards,curve appel

patricias480
6/8/18

I recently caught an episode of this charming show and have used HGTV on Demand to see the shows I had missed. I have encouraged many friends to watch this show with me and they also enjoy it. WeI love the rapport between Luke and Clint, the two hosts. No one is rude or snarky (hello Love it or List it) or is encouraged to act like a buffoon (a BIG hello to Chip Gaines!) The designs are always well thought out and different each time. Hey, there are no outsized clocks or signs, suitably distressed, to be seen! I would just like to know why this show is only on late at night and not repeated. Do you feel it would not be popular because everyone involved behaves respectfully and with good humor. It's a great addition to the HGTV weekly line-up.

jenniel25
6/7/18

When I'm searching channels, I find myself lingering on HGTV if it's their commercial break (waiting to see what's on), but then when the show restarts, I have to turn the channel because of the huge, distracting, orangey-red FLIP OR FLOP ad. It's like having closed captioned on and constantly reminding yourself to try not to read it and enjoy the show you're supposed to be watching. It doesn't work, so I just turn the channel.

barbarar324
6/4/18

HGTV is for people who like TV without the drama. Will not watch Flip or Flop again due to relationship issues being aired.

berth32
6/4/18

The TV waves belong to the people, so why must we watch permanent ads like flip or flop on the lower right of the screen. It's greedy and tacky for the network to place signs on our screens.

donnad252
5/31/18

I was very disappointed that HGTV, in a recent ad for Flip or Flop, hints that they might argue during the episodes. I find it unforgivable of HGTV to try to capitalize on the co-stars personal problems!

kimb435
5/27/18

Recently Hgtv has added advertising of their future shows to right, lower corner of the Tv screen. It is so distracting from the the program being watched that I feel the need to change the channel. This is sooo disappointing because this is my favorite channel to watch. Those of us who are avid fans don't need the information. We already binge watch all the programs. Please consider removing this annoying feature. If it remains, I unfortunately, will no longer remain a fan. Too much distraction from the programs!

peggyw70
5/21/18

The wonderful relationship between the pair makes this a must see program. Their creativity is beautiful and inspiring please bring this program back.

alexandrar34
Alexandra R.
5/12/18

Stop showing Fixer upper whole day. It's ok to watch them once a day maybe twice , but now it's all the time. I just switch to different Chanel . Lately HGTV is so bad!

There are SO many commercials for Hometown ( more than 6 per hour), I won't be watching it because I am sick of the couple posing and posing. So many commercials mean something is wrong with the show. HELP PLEASE!

By Burt T.

Hopefully never!!

By Lance C.

I agree! Landscapes, gardening...something that blends in vegetation to give a nice break from home remodels.

By Michele R.

Best guess is that the regular house flips don't draw either as many of the folks HGTV wants or that the folks watching aren't the demographic they're seeking. There are plenty of these kinds of shows on other networks e.g. any of the Flip and Move shows, Zombie House Flipping, and others.

By Robert W.

I so agree! Im know this isnt an answer but I turn off HGTV to get away from that show and commercial!

By Lance C.

It is the worst show ever!!!

By Lance C.

I agree entirely with you. The show got bring by 2016. Viewers always know the outcome:1. Hilary does not budget for rewiring electrical in homes known to have knob and tube wiring because of when built. 2. Hilary never budgets for asbestos removal 3. Hilary always acts surprised when the couple is dissatisfied when Hilary does not choose to fix their #1 priority problem. 4 Hilary decides what a couple needs rather than what the couple wants. Too much of the same old drama is boring. David is always on the Mark. Lastly the total profit on selling a home DOES NOT include the $30,000 reno the family gave Hilary to remodel.

By Burt T.

Questions? Get answers from the HGTV staff and other customers.

HGTV?