Review of Heat USA

Tel: 1-888-432-8872
referrals@heatusa.com

jamesp717
11/8/18

They claim to be a consumer-based leverage buying group who saves you money on heating oil. In fact the only benefit you got is a boiler cleaning and servicing once a year which is worth about $150. Considering heat USA Is charging you $150 for three years a membership 10 basically you're paying them for doing nothing. I had an issue with my oil provider that was given to me bye heat USA and heat USA did absolutely nothingTo assist me with the oil provider. I was Entitled to a boiler cleaning and was refused service despite my bill being paid in fall. Heat USA and SOS Fuels I rip offs stay away at all costs unless you like paying at least $.25 a gallon More for your oil to get no benefits

marilynb62
8/14/17

Received a postcard saying "have not renewed annual Heatusa membership. We must receive a response to ensure you don't lose your exclusive discount and free or discounted service contract." My membership expired in 2012!!!! NOi 2017. To quote Judge Marilyn Milian " if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it must be a duck".

kenw54
12/1/15

I posted this because it seems the last few posts were a little old and I wish to update. I too joined Heatusa on behalf of recommendations from my fellow union members. I could bore you with my experiences, but the bottom line is this. These so called savings are a ripoff. I too was also charged way over the market price, so much that I could of paid for 2 service contracts a year if I bought oil from the same company as some consumer with out any "Heatusa benefits". I brought this scam to the attention of my union brothers and sisters and after their own research, (There are different companies depending where you live) they immediately cancelled their contracts. My current oil company will not even use HeatUSA, why ? " We don't want to rip off our customers" Yes that's a quote.

Response from Mark K., Heat USA Representative
Mr. W,
I'm troubled to hear of your dissatisfaction with our services. I'd like the opportunity to discuss this issue in more detail, as we pride ourselves in providing a good value to our members. We can usually save our members from 15 to 25 cents per gallon off regular full service prices, and we also provide a fee service contact as well - a value of over $200 annually. Please contact me directly at mkohan@heatusa.com or 800-660-4328 to further discuss your experience with HEAT USA.
tonyp9
1/17/11

"My Teacher's Union Recommended Heat USA "
My review is a lot like the first one by denvecsr. I was looking at my NYSUT Member Benefits website when I came across "Heat USA". It sounded wonderful. It stated "This program uses group buying power to provide members with substantial discounts on heating oil. Participants also receive a free lifetime 24-hour service contract with carefully screened full-service local suppliers. First-year membership fee is $25; second year membership for NYSUT members is free. Free annual cleaning and tune-up along with automatic delivery are some of the benefits included." Where do I sign up? After my first oil delivery, I called Heat USA, because my bill seemed high. They told me I was saving well over .25 cents per gallon. Then my second delivery comes, I call again because my heating oil bills were never this high. Again Heat USA tells me, I'm saving money. I then ask Heat USA," how do I know I'm saving money?" Answer was they are telling me so, "they know". "Heat USA is here for me". What? You think I was born yesterday? I started calling around. I called at least a dozen other oil companies including the one Heat USA gave me. I was paying so much more then all of them. My union, UFT will be hearing from me very soon. NYSUT should stop immediately endorsing "Heat USA". Hopefully with this review I can stop my fellow union members from making the mistake I made by joining "Heat USA".

dennisv
1/17/11

HEAT USA is nothing what they claim to be. Heat USA represents itself as a Consumer Advocate Company. Supposedly servicing it's paying member, getting you the lowest price on fuel and heating equipment. Not true, don't believe it. Go see their website. Do they list oil prices you should be paying? No. Call their customer service. Ask them what you will be paying. They won't tell you. Heat USA says, trust us to get you a lower price. Don't do it. You'll be paying so much more. I paid close to a $1.00 more per gallon for heating oil. Heat USA says they'll save you hundreds of dollars on Heating equipment. I paid close to $2,000.00 more as a member of Heat USA. So to all my fellow homeowners please do your homework, be your own consumer advocate and you will see why I say "Stay Away from Heat USA."

32 Avenue Of The Americas, New York, NY 10013
1-888-432-8872
info@heatusa.com

Tomy-Please give us a call and we will discuss all our dealers in the area. 1-800-660-4328. Thank you.

By Mark K., Heat USA Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Heat USA staff and other customers.

Heat USA?