Review of HBOGo

HBOGo reviews

New York, New York, United States

sarahf211
8/20/18

Whether it's direct tv att hbo at any given moment one of these platforms stops working. Finding the sweet spot we're both or all three works is a rareity. At home, att internet works at snail speed even when no one else is on it. As soon as I pull in my drive and go from data to my WiFi that I pay for every month my phone will stop. No one home. Direct tv is glitchy, screws up recordings and due to slow internet often doesn't work. Hbo whether at home or on mobile RARELY works. My husband has a system down to make it work. Go upstairs record a show from hbo on that tv then once it records we can watch it downstairs. Can't just go straight to source. When traveling and trying to use hbo, I always lock myself out with an unknown error message that doesn't have anything to do with wrong log in, have to wait an hour, reset my password, which takes 3-4 tries because when I enter new password and confirm password, there's a glitch in THAT system that says the two don't match, even though I know they do and try it over and over. So then, I finally reset my password, get back to app, enter new accepted password and BOOM another error message. Nothing ever works. This is why my household is going to NO CABLE PROVIDER and we will switch internet providers simply out of spite. We don't have time to do all this but I'm so sick of being frustrated with this trifecta of poor apps, service, and technology. And if we lose hbo because we have to have a provider than so be it. I just want to log on to my phone iPad TV and for once have it actually work without the run around. Horrible.

alleyb3
8/20/18

THE CONTENT IS ALWAYS BUFFERING. I TOO LIKE OTHERS HAVE HIGH-SPEED INTERNET. I HOPE THEY FIX THE BUGS.

steves463
4/19/18

Why not just use HBO NOW if you have HBO? HBO GO was set up so you could cut the cord. After having HBO GO for 3 years they want $100 from me to register my HBO GO so I can use the HBO GO app. Is HBO going to charge us $100 this year $200 next year and so on? Game of Thrones maybe a great show but is it worth $280? I can buy the 4K disk for $50 and save $230. so much for being a loyal costumer.

tyas1
10/16/17

I'm able to catch up on shows whenever I want. I love the selections of series and movies available; from comedy to horror and thriller.

donnaw113
4/1/17

Yet it still takes twenty minutes to load one page, but content is severely addicting, so I will give it a two utta five. Too bad ads are currency.

thomasj78
3/30/17

First off HBO GO always works flawlessly and it's got a friendly user app.Can also get a subscription directly thru HBO @HBONOW. Adding to that they release a new movie every Saturday night and they have a pretty good selection of movies in the ones that error on HBO on Saturdays are usually from being in theaters 6-8 months ago or released on Blu-ray a few months before)

tammyh60
3/17/17

We love HBO soooo many good shows. That will be a channel we will be keeping for a long time. Unless they jack up the price.

jujoc
2/8/17

I can watch movies or favorite series on mobile wherever i go when connected WiFi. It helps forget time when traveling esp when commute connections are delayed.

skl7
11/30/16

Near constant video reloads and pixelation. Limited content.

heinn
9/18/16

please. don't banned my id
. i used long time this id. so sorry. i don't use sex phot next time. really i say. i wanna opnen my id. 09976751678

ilovem
6/12/16

Its awesome!

torig4
6/10/16

Great service for tvshow lovers. Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley are my favorites, so I'm glad I can watch them from my tablet anywhere.

scottb131
1/26/16

Stream your favorite content over the internet, dump your cable company. Cable companies are horrible, and why watch programming on their schedule anyway? On-demand programming is the future. Scheduled programming is so over.

tammys47
12/8/15

I'm a Shotime person, but there was a deal to get HBOgo on our new tablet. Great shows! Easy to use and watch some awesome shows.

joshk41
8/19/15

If you're a frequent traveller, you can take your favourite series wherever you go! Simple and effective!

tonyb84
5/5/15

Easy to use, worth buying a samsung for.

anggiey
4/30/15

We had an absolute perfect tour with HBOGo. Thanks for fabulous services.

feliciah7
4/30/15

to tell the truth i spentr most of my time on netflix but from time to time i go on hbogo and they always have something good and new to watch

mollyg3
3/10/15

I love HBO! But the PlayStation 4 app is accessible to get but if you have xfinity Comcast you can not activate HBOgo.. Makes no sense, since Comcast is one if the largest cable providers! Get it together Comcast!

brinnj
2/18/15

We are HBO subscribers, so we have access to their portable app HBOGo. Recently, we discovered (and became addicted to) the series Boardwalk Empire. While traveling for work, we tried outHBOGo to watch B.E. on iPad. Using the AirPlay feature, we mirrored the picture to the hotel TV with our Apple TV device. But even without our Apple goodies, we were able to see all our HBO content on demand on phones or tablets. In my experience, the service was error free. I found it much more user friendly than Dish TV's own app. Would recommend it if you sub to HBO.

kateg12
2/5/15

YES. Not as much variety as say netflix, but MUCH higher quality content

kimberlyt12
1/30/15

Worth it because it has Game of Thrones. That's the only reason though.

lesleys5
8/28/11

I travel a lot. HBOGO.com allows me to watch all the current hbo shows, plus many of their shows that are off air now: ROME, Band of Brothers, Carnivale, Big Love, Mildred Pierce, etc. You can also watch a lot of movies. All you do is login with your tv service provider information.

This is free if you subscribe to HBO.

41 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the HBOGo staff and other customers.

HBOGo?