Review of Gwynnie Bee

gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

44 reviews with 4 stars

ashleyg232
3/6/19

In this world of 2-day shipping, it seems crazy that I have to wait a week to get the next box. If the could turn around shipping in 2 days, I would be much happier

alikej
3/2/19

Nice clothing and it is great way to shop. Only draw back is it take a week to get you a new piece. So a month membership doesn't give you many pieces.

daniellam8
10/30/18

Overall, I am pleased to use this service. Most of the clothing is compliment worthy, and it's fun to have new things every week. I wish that there was a better way to search for what I am looking for on the app, and the cost per item could be less. I have been a member for a couple of years now and it would be nice to be thrown a bone (aka free extra items like when I was new) every now and then.

larizag
10/29/18

I don't always get the styles I've selected. I have selected items and they stayed in my closet for months. I ended up deleting them because I've never received them.

marys1052
10/28/18

The clothes are nice, I love not having to shop. It would also be great if they could take money off if you buy items during the month.

yvettea25
10/28/18

Gwynnie Bee allows me to maintain a professional wardrobe without the hassel of running from store to store or keeping something I picked and found I don't like.

marissao6
10/25/18

I love Gwynnie Bee! I have purchased 50% of what has been sent to me. I have had fun finding new favorite brands.

daniellem197
10/25/18

I really enjoy the rental part of Gwynnie Bee. Receiving new-ish clothes that I can wear and return is fun and an inexpensive way to have new things to wear each week.
However, I do not recommend purchasing brand new items from them. I have received the wrong size and had much difficulty obtaining a return slip and my money back.

ruthn40
8/28/18

I find the style selections to be redundant. The photos don't always accurately depict the merchandise. Sizing is confusing. But I have purchased most items that were sent. Overall, I am pleased.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Ruth

Many thanks for your feedback.
We appreciate you pointing out your satisfaction with the quality of what we offer. Regarding the styles - we take your views as feedback and will certainly convey them to the concerned areas at Gwynnie Bee. We'll be reaching out to you via email, with a more detailed note on this matter.

Thank you for your views and your business.

jocelyned1
8/27/18

I subscribed to Gwynnie Bee for about 9 months. It SO fit my lifestyle as a medical professional, primarily wearing dresses to work. The Gwynnie Bee suggested sizes were helpful. They did have recommended styles for short people. This is where they aren't quite there. I'm about 5'3", and found the bust or waist on some of the suggested sizes far too low to be worn. They need to have short ladies try these fashions on before recommending. Easy to stop (I had bought so many of their sales dresses, I had enough!) and will resume when I need to

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Jocelyne,

We thank you for the very detailed feedback and your kind appreciation.
We are sad to see that you are no more part of the Gwynnie Bee experience, but have reached out to you via email - with a hope of seeing you back on board, soon.

ambert57
8/24/18

I really love the clothing selection. I really love being able to pick out my own clothes. But it takes *days* (sometimes 4 or 5) for my next box to go out. That is my biggest disappointment.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Amber,

Thank you for your appreciation :).
With reference to your concern around shipping times, we will research as to which aspect of our process is a cause for concern (Processing time or USPS delivery) and reach out to you via email.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience!

stefanier10
8/23/18

As soon as I return items i get a notice saying my next box is being prepped. But then it doesn't get shipped until 3 days later, so it often ends up being almost a week before I get my next box. :( I love the service and that i can always wear clothes that fit despite losing weight (from 20/22W to 14W!) But I have long gaps where I don't have anything at all to wear.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Stefanie,

Many thanks for sharing how well certain aspects of the service, are working for you.
As for your feedback about shipping delays, one of us will be reaching out to you via email, with an explanation about this.

charib1
8/23/18

Clothes always in excellent condition if not new, liked ease of choosing items for closet on website, very easy to keep or return items. Great experience.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Encouragement like this, is what keeps us going!

amyr250
8/22/18

Good assortment of brands and styles- perhaps a bit dress heavy. Super simple and convenient to return, add styles to the closet, and make purchases. Turn around time is slow and I feel like I pay for lots of days that I don't have my full membership valud

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your rating our service and for your feedback, Amy.

One of us will be reaching out to you via email, with an explanation about this.

connies194
8/22/18

I love everything about Gwynnie Bee except the long wait for the next shipment. Great choice in clothes, the sizes are pretty much what they say, I have been lucky enough to always get clothes that are in good condition. All in all a great service, just wish I did not have to wait as long as I do.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your rating our service and for your feedback, Connie.

jordanl81
8/22/18

My only complaint is that I don't feel like there is any consistency on how long the turn around takes. Sometimes super quick and sometimes it takes awhile.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your rating our service and for your feedback, Jordan.

glorias137
8/22/18

GB has made it possible for me too try different clothing, with the option to buy. With gaining and losing weight, GB keeps me from having unwearable clothing at home. Through GB, I am wearing clothing that I normally would not buy or even try on. Right now my experience with GB is good.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Gloria,
Well, experimenting with your wardrobe is just one of the many benefits our membership provides.
Thanks for your feedback.

irinaa13
8/22/18

I like having a set of clothes I can wear at work without looking like I'm wearing the same thing every day.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Irina,
It's nice to know that we are able to add variety to your office wear. Thanks for sharing this feedback.

reginak29
8/22/18

For the most part it has been a great experience. There was one dress that I received that should have been retired.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Regina,

Thanks for your kind words.
Should you ever receive a sub-standard garment, please call or email us, so we can “Damage Notified” it. This gives our warehouse team a heads-up, and upon receiving it back at our warehouse – if found wanting, that garment is indeed retired.

anneg119
7/28/18

Im 6 tall. Id give 5 stars if they would carry tall sizes. I get dresses and have to use them as tunics. Set in waists are always too short. Cant get pants because my inseam is 35 and Gwynnie Bee doesnt stock them. I do love the Johnny Was items Ive purchased through Gwynnie Bee.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Anne,

It's nice to learn that you’re happy with your recent purchases :).
We will reach out to you via phone, on Monday, to better understand and address your concerns regarding tall sizes.
Thank you for your review!

maryloui
7/27/18

Ive been a customer with Gwynnie for years and been satisfied for the most part but the only thing I truly complain about is the turn around time. Sometimes it can take a whole week before I am sent a new garment.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Marylou,

We looked up your account, and we are going to have a Specialist reach out to you with some options. I hope this helps, and thank you for the information and the review of our service!

Thank you!
lorir169
7/27/18

I've been using Gwynnie Bee for at least three years, and overall I'm very pleased with it. I recommend it to friends and always get compliments on items from the site. My issue is that I've noticed a growing lag time from when I indicate that I've returned an item and when a new item was shipped out. It used to be that if I put an item in the mail on Monday or Tuesday, I could have a new item by the end of the week. This is no longer the case, and it's a little frustrating. I have to plan a lot more lag/lead time if I have an event coming up because I'm not sure if the item I ordered will suit and if I have to wait for a replacement. I'm glad that your business is growing, but you need to hire some more people to fill orders.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Lori,

Thank you for the review, we are going to look into your shipment times, as they look optimal. I am sorry the service has disappointed you as of late and if there is anything we can find we will correct it. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team with any questions or concerns - gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE
christinek156
7/26/18

Ive been a long time customer and have always loved the service! Recently though Ive noticed it taking longer for my new selections to reach me. Ive also noticed a ton of unseasonable clothes being sent to me - sweater dresses in July, etc. This never used to happen and Ive been really disappointed the past few months

kriss117
7/25/18

I love Gwennie Bee and have been. Customer for a long time. I wish the longer you were a customer the quicker or more you got rewards. I recommend GB often and will keep using it!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Kris,

That is true you are a long time member since 2015! I will also forward your ideas to our team and thank you so much for leaving a review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team with any questions or concerns - gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE

Thanks!
kendrae14
7/25/18

In general, I like the clothing I try from GB. I have purchased many of the items from my closet. I would like to see more options for pants, seems to be mostly jeans.
One think that I think would be awesome: a way to add size to a designer. Some designers are right on for size, others are too big or small. I would love to add to my profile: BB Dakota true to size, Liz Clairborn runs big or even just add my size.
On quality, sometimes I do receive a damaged piece or one that I can smell cologne from the previous user. Send those right back.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Kendra,

We appreciate that feedback, We carry over 200 brands, and each has their own size chart. That being said, we have reviewers on every item that share how the items fit - true to size, large, or small. There are size charts on every page. We also have something called Size Advisor where we can help you discover what size you may wear across the different brands we offer. You can see our brands and size charts here:

We would also like to reach out about the damaged piece or the one that you smelled cologne on. We want to priority inspect them upon arrival.

Thank you and talk to you soon.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Edith! 1. You don't need to have an account to browse the collection. You can go to any of the drop down menus across the homepage, or just click here: https://closet.gwynniebee.com/a/clothing/new-arrivals 2. Yes, you are required to provide a valid credit card for the 30 day free trial, since we'll be sending out clothing. You can cancel any time before the 30 day free trial, quickly and easily.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gwynnie Bee