GotQuestions.org

GotQuestions.org has a consumer rating of 3.77 stars from 26 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GotQuestions.org also ranks 5th among Christian sites.

How would you rate GotQuestions.org?

“Wonderful Site!!”

Les B.
12/19/19

Thank you gotquestions for the clear and concise answers that have helped so many begin and continue their spiritual growth. I appreciate your honest view that all answers are to be prayerfully evaluated according to Scripture. Ultimately everyone will evaluate the answers according to their upbringing, church influence and a myriad of other factors but let us hope that the final evaluation will be Holy Spirit led. We must remember that gotquestions is only a tool... like any book, commentary or even the preaching of your pastor. All tools must be evaluated. I appreciate the monumental effort this site has put forth in getting needed information out there. I and many other solid brothers and sisters I know have been using this site for years with great success. I have donated once as well which is not nearly enough, as all of God's laborers deserve a wage. I have found gotquestions to be bang-on about 95% of the time and take no issue if they lack discernment on some topics. I disagree with my pastor more lol. Once I messaged them about an article I took some issue with and they kindly responded. They will get back to you with any concerns. I truly appreciate the courage and boldness that must be needed to accept this great responsibility. We are all ministers in Christ and each one of us needs to be accountable when sharing Christ and his Word. Are we fallible... absolutely. We will make mistakes but let our fallibility not keep us from exercising our spiritual gifts and talents.

“Politically correct or sound doctrine?”

Selam M.
1/10/19

Two things I am concerned about this site so far: It's view on the work and identify of the Holy Spirit, trying to use more socially acceptable terms to describe "sexual immorality". Let us carefully examine the word of God on our own with the help of the Holy Spirit, seek multiple versus before jumping into conclusions, and receive the word of God, the Bible, with meekness and humility. May God bless all of us.

selamm
January 10th, 2019
robertm457
June 12th, 2017
wolves in sheeps clothing, they mix half truth with satanic ideologies (satanism) making the appearance that its a legitimate "christian" website

This website promotes the satanic agenda, to the absolute "tee" --

For those who are just waking up to reality, spirit ties are real, and sex with anymore than one partner in your life is sexual fornication (sin), whether the Lord "permits" divorce or not, its sin. Your first Love will always be yours, yet people are buying this disinformation and pretending that divorce is a moral option, when it never is...

Warning to all fellow Christians, do NOT use this site and do NOT buy their fabricated half truths, its literally all deception and implicit psychological operation.

God bless. Farewell.
jg162
November 21st, 2017
All of these questions are answered from a very limited, ultra-conservative viewpoint and are very biased. Most of the volunteers who answer questions do not have any education in theology; some of them don't even answer questions in complete sentences or paragraphs. They seem to be skewed towards promoting white, straight men while villifying everyone else. Their original article on rape culture was (ironically) a promotion of rape culture, blaming women for being assaulted because of what they were wearing. Honestly, just read the Bible for yourself and come to your own conclusions. This website isn't to be trusted.
mg149
February 12th, 2018

This post very clearly is not on the right path, calling out an interpretation error and then attempting to provide what the correct interpretation should be is simply not okay. Truly, I am thankful not to be in the shoes of whomever is writing these answers because you are on unsteady ground. We all will be judged in the end. People, be wise and read the Bible for yourself, ask trusted friends or believers that you hold in respect to help you with interpretation if you don't understand. Do not go to GotQuestions.org, in my opinion, they are a stumbling block to others.
willyb19
July 17th, 2019
They did not answer my question. They did write something else.
When I did insist in answer my question, they told me If I am unwilling to accept what they write they do not respond any more.

What astonished me, too: They jump immediately to another bible translation when their translation shows sth. not of their doctrine. And when you ask why, they send your question back to you.

No comment. But see this:

Gotquestions is an Org like JWs have. They even have some behaviour like JWs.
Also gotquestions has the TULIP teaching of the Calvinists (exactly four of five of the Calvinistic teachings). Here again you see, they adopt whatever they can use - and when not, they move elsewhere.
The acronym T.U.L.I.P used by Calvinists. These five points are:
I. Total Depravity
II. Unconditional Election
III. Limited Atonement
IV. Irresistible Grace
V. Perseverance of the Saints
austinh55
April 8th, 2018
While honestly looking for an answer in reference to masturbation i felt as if there conclusion was false (URL LINK FOR "MASTURBATION ADVICE" https://www.gotquestions.org/masturbation-sin.html). It was based on an opinion of an interpretation that was just wrong. Based on other reviews it seems as if they constantly misinterpret scripture when the bible does not directly tell us of something. This website is honestly trying to scam people, i immediately got an email from Yahoo.com when i tried use there email our president option. As a Christian myself i wanted to know why they misinterpreted an open ended question that is not directly answered in the bible. Also this website asks to pray and donate to it, i caution everyone DO NOT DONATE TO THIS WEBSITE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND OR EMAIL PASSWORD. TAKE A STANCE AND REMOVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.

HERE IS THE EMAIL I GOT FROM YAHOO COPIED AND PASTED MINUS MY PERSONAL INFO (NO PERSONAL EMAIL INFO, NO TIME, NO IP, NO LOCATION, OR NO TIMEZONE)

Hi Austin,

Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account (NO PERSONAL EMAIL INFO).

Date and Time: NO TIME (NO TIMEZONE INFO)

Location: NO LOCATION (NO IP)
We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps such as Yahoo Mail on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.

If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". This is not recommended and may leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.

Yahoo blocked this sign in attempt, but if it looks suspicious to you or it's not from an application that you're using, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/change-password and change the password for your account.

Thanks,

Yahoo

Replies sent to this email cannot be answered.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE FOR ADVICE ABOUT GOD, AND DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY PERSONAL INFO THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

brandona
June 11th, 2013
This website slanders homosexuality and many other reiligions! It mocks many scientific foundings that have been proven, all based on a book written, and re-written thousands of years ago based on stories passed down through many generations from times were many belived the world was the center of the universe and jerusilum the center of the world. a time were people were tourtured and killed for having minor reiligious differences. I mean if that isn't proof enough that it's a load of bull$#*! then you are beyond help and are just plain ignorant.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the GotQuestions.org staff and other customers.

Bible Questions Answered by GotQuestions.org! Fast and accurate answers to all your Bible Questions!

sheah1
Shea H.
Owner / Executive

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GotQuestions.org?

Have a question about GotQuestions.org?