Review of Golf18Network

Tel: 1-800-994-0661
support@golf18network.com

johnc1775
10/9/18

Purchased a round for three that got rained out. $86 out of my pocket. Golf 18 refused to refund, making me have to use up credits instead.

I was annoyed, but willing to try. That particular exercise has gotten silly though. Every time I try to use, only a few dollars is shown as credited. I give up on this company. Golfnow for me from now on.

davidd346
6/6/17

I can't believe that they're still in business with their policies and service. If I could give a zero, I would.
I booked a tee time last Sept and had to cancel due to a conflict. I called the course, they canceled my time (I did not call Golf18, was not aware that I had to go that route as I went through the course originally). I was then informed that I could not get a refund because they could not prove that I had canceled within 48 hours. Actually I didn't know that was a policy but got lucky that it was within the window. I got the pro shop in a conf call with Golf18 (because they refused to believe me) and they said that the girl that took my cancellation was working the day I called, all within the 48 hour range. They refused to refund, stil said they could not validate and I was forced to take a credit anyway.
When I went to use my credit, the site would only apply it to fees (7-8$), that I could only use my $180.00 on special tee times, which don't appear to be available. They said to look for a blue 'C', which I have also found out only appear after multiple course bookings and only once at that. Who does business like this??? They force you to take a credit then don't allow you to apply it!! It's my money. Stay far away, there are other credible sites available, this one is a scam.

ricks126
4/20/17

I booked a t-time with Golf 18 to one of my favorite courses. Upon arrival I was informed that the course did not accept Golf 18's reservation and had been told not to accept anything from them. This is 6 courses owned by Salt Lake City. I then had to pay the regular price and luckily there was a time available within minutes of my so called reserved t-time. I called Golf 18 but the number gave me no options to talk with anyone so I e-mailed them through their website and did receive a full refund within 24 hours. However, if you think about using Golf 18 I would call the golf course in question and ask whether they accept Golf 18's reservations.

kenp45
9/29/16

Went on Golf18 to book a round for what I thought was a great price, but ended up being charged double! I tried booking a t-time, and their website responded saying that it didn't go through, and that my card wouldn't be charged. So, I attempted a 2nd time, and the next thing I knew I'm looking at a statement for double the amount. I placed the order at 3:00 AM for a t-time scheduled later that morning. When I tried calling their customer service to cancel one order, I get a recording stating they don't open until 8:00 AM, but they don't tell you if that's Pacific, Mountain, or Eastern time zones. Which one applies? I try their web-site, and of course they have a 24 hour canceling policy, even though the t-time isn't available 24 hrs in advance. I just can't stand how shady outfits like these have become.

kevins114
10/1/15

THEY WILL NOT CANCEL BOOKING NO MATTER HOW FAR IN ADVANCE YOU BOOK. TOLD SERVICE AGENT THAT WEATHER INDICATES RAIN FOR SUNDAY (3 DAYS TIME) AND WAS INFORMED THEY WILL ONLY CANCEL IF COURSE IS CLOSED. WHEN I MENTIONED THAT OTHER ONLINE COMPANIES PROVIDED 24 HOUR CANCELLATION, HE DID NOT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT SERVICE. WILL NEVER USE GOLF18 AGAIN.

gl1502
9/11/15

I can write about these folks in depth...but I'll save you the time. Simply look at their site...they only have 5-star reviews listed and they don't allow other reviews to be added....you can only use credits towards their booking fees, or for specific tee-times and usually with a minimum of 2 players. It's obvious they're in this to make a quick buck and have no interest in developing long-term customer relationships. TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

ernestr11
7/4/15

Booked a tee time with Golf18 and showed up at the course (Highland Park Auburn NY) and they were all booked and had no record of us. The PGA pro said he had been there 14 years and had never heard of Golf18 and they did not do online reservations of any kind plus they are private on weekends and holidays so we were out of luck. Worse yet my credit card I used for this was hacked and used for nearly $1200 of online charges right after this. I called 800 number and the guy told me they had an agreement with all their courses and he was sorry plus the problem with my cc must be on my computer. He offered a credit for future use. Yeah right!

chriss276
6/29/15

Tried using the system twice, but arrived both times to find that the course was not even linked to their system. One course honored the price I found online and the second gave me a discounted rate, but missed both tee times. I submitted a complaint on their website and asked that they refund my money since their system had failed on both occasions. Their response was to state that the course had honored the tee time and the fees, so the closed out the submission ticket. WTF? I didnt lose an arm and a leg, but it morally a joke. How many others have had this same problem and will in the future?!?!?!?! Go elsewhere to book your tee times.

drewc10
6/20/15

I have never used Golf18Network.com, but I am hesitant to try. I was browsing some of the tee times around me, and I noticed a few for one of my favorite local courses, The Club at Shadow Lakes in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. The tee times were for the upcoming Monday. Seemed like a pretty good deal until I remembered that this course is CLOSED on Mondays! So what would have happened if I booked a tee time...? It would be interesting to hear what Golf18Network.com has to say about that.

danr44
1/5/15

A total scam! They do not have access to courses tee sheets, and will not refund your money for any reason. DO NOT USE!!! Book on Golf Now or call the course you want to play...ask them for a deal and they might give you one.

jeffh71
11/3/14

Absolutely the "worst" customer service ever! Cancellation policy is a joke and they are not flexible at all. I tried to reschedule our rounds of golf that we paid for once forecasts called for 100 percent rain. Called customer service and stated I could not reschedule. Instead they expect you to play in rain if course doesn't close (which rarely happens). Noticed they have as many one star ratings (5) as they do top ratings, so buyer beware. I would not expect this company to stay in business long if they continue with that type of policy regarding rescheduling/cancellations.

meghanm3
8/15/14

Would never use Golf18 Network again. Cancellation policy (no cancellations) is not stated until AFTER you hit the reserve button on the booking site. The company will not refund your booking for any reason other than rain. Terrible customer service.

Response from Gabe W., Golf18Network Representative
Hi Meghan,
I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our service. However your claim that we only show the cancellation policy after the purchase is simply not true. We clearly give the ability to view the cancellation policy of each tee time on the purchase page immediately above the 'Book Now' button. The Golf18 Network is a completely reputable company and does not make any attempt to hide any information before booking a tee time.

-Golf18 Network
garyl29
4/9/14

I have used golf18network, as well as golfnow, with none of the issues mentioned above. In fact, golfnow went above and beyond the call of duty last year when I mistakenly made a reservation for the wrong day. Full refund and a tee time for the right day. Overall, these sites have enabled me, and my friends, to play courses we would not ordinarily have access to, and, at a significant savings. No place is perfect, but my experience has been good with both.

Response from Gabe W., Golf18Network Representative
Hi Gary...glad you were overall happy with the Golf18 Network. We strive for a great user experience thus we are surprised by some of the other reviews here. We have reached out to them to resolve the issue; but they would not follow up with us. Possibly they are competitors.

If you ever do have an experience on the Golf18 Network that does not live up to your expectations please do contact us immediately and we will do our best to resolve the situation.
haroldj7
1/30/14

Its a total scam; they will not grant cancelations due to illness or issue refunds and will always take the courses viewpoint.
Save your money.
I wish I could rate them minus 5 stars

bernardg13
11/11/13

Scam site with misleading information. Customer service made no attempt to resolve problem and when I said that I would report them, they just said go ahead, so I have.

kevinc52
9/15/13

Just booked a tee time with them and when I showed up there were 20 more people with the same tee time. A horrible experience, to say the least. Golf18 refused to accept responsibility, the course said it was Golf18's fault.

dons31
6/28/13

My wife and I work in a home for troubled teenage girls. It's hard for us to find a day off and when we do we usually can't afford to do anything. Golf Network provides the right activity at the right price. It gives us a day to relax and enjoy a sport that both of us like to do together.

albertv2
6/28/13

When I made a mistake and booked at a club that would not issue rain checks (even though it was raining), I was able to call and talk to a service agent who issued a refund to my credit card over the phone after speaking to the club pro. Service beyond the ordinary much appreciated. Otherwise, weekly staring times have come off without a hitch at a substantial discount from the regular posted rate. Just wish there were more courses in our area we could book at this way.

Questions? Get answers from the Golf18Network staff and other customers.

Golf18Network?