GnuCash

GnuCash has a consumer rating of 4 stars from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. GnuCash also ranks 24th among Accounting Software sites.

How would you rate GnuCash?

“Crossplatform, open source but hard on newbies”

Rodrigo D.
3/15/18

I've been a user of GnuCash for a long time. There are many features I like about this program and as it can import common formats of other accounting software like Quicken, the migration is not that hard. However, GnuCash uses strict accounting language and certain terms you are very familiar may have the opposite meaning. If you're an accounting specialist, then it's no problem. I had to get used to that and I recommend to first read the user guide. It's clear and easy to follow. The interface looks a bit dated but it works and only crashed once. You may need to install Strawberry Perl to get additional features like automatic exchange rate updates and similar but it's worth it.

rodrigod5
March 15th, 2018

Tip for consumers: Become familiar first with the usage of this program before you start using it seriously. It's not for everybody and it doesn't like newbies.

Questions? Get answers from the GnuCash staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GnuCash?

Have a question about GnuCash?